March Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: March Updates

Good luck, KT! Can't wait for the happy news...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

KT, you're in my thoughts.  I hope all goes well and can't wait to hear about your new addition!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Good luck, KT!

Great news, Kiwi!

Nothing new on my end - still can't feel my hand, and my feet are basically perma-puff at this point. Boo. Getting a little anxious about the u/s next Tuesday. I think at this point if I still have a low-lying placenta or placenta previa, I may have to have a c-section. I would be so bummed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

In Response to Re: March Updates:
    [QUOTE]Welcome, Krystabel!  Where was your profile picture taken? 
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]
    it is a picture of the faraglioni rocks off the islad of capri, near the amalfi coast in italy.  the amalfi coast is amazingly beautiful... seriously breath taking

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

lol i can definitely relate to the cold med ... my dh shared his cold with me, im knday five ...he was up coughing all night .  is it wrong to comment that he kept me awake?
    then took niquil and went to sleep a five am... and i had to get up and go to work.

grr.good news is my cold seems to have faded, but i really could have used a sick day , but ive been at my job for less than two mos and trying to save all my sick time for maternity leave...

but yeah i definitely could have taken the nyquil out his hand

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Silver sorry you're still having the carpal tunnel. That is no fun. My limbs fall asleep a lot more often now, but nothing like what you're going through. I am also sorry about a possible c-section. :(    I start going to appts. every week starting next week, so I'm hoping for good news from here on out.  Silver when is your dd?  I'm not till 4/20.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

In Response to Re: March Updates:
    [QUOTE]Good luck, KT! Great news, Kiwi! Nothing new on my end - still can't feel my hand, and my feet are basically perma-puff at this point. Boo. Getting a little anxious about the u/s next Tuesday. I think at this point if I still have a low-lying placenta or placenta previa, I may have to have a c-section. I would be so bummed.
    Posted by SilverFestiva[/QUOTE]

Silver, I hope the u/s brings you good news next week!  I am going for another on Friday myself, at my 18wk u/s they told me that my placenta was low. I am hoping it has corrected itself.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats Kiwi!  Those are some great stats!  I'm also jealous you got yours so fast.  My hospital didn't do the second blood draw until 16 weeks.  It was brutal waiting.

KT - can't wait to hear your news!

Silver - I can totally understand how you feel.  I was so set on a natural birth with DD.  Then I found out she was breech and we just couldn't get her to move.  I was so very disappointed I'd have to have a c-sec, but about 1 second after she was born, and was healthy and gorgeous, all those disappointed feelings went out the window.  I don't know if it helps, but how the LO was born probably won't matter much after she is in your arms.  So try not to be too disappointed and dwell if it doesn't go as you would have wanted it to.  Just enjoy these last few weeks.

Wed - good luck at your u/s.  I hope it's moved up for you!

AFM, at 19 weeks I'm happy and excited and loving being firmly in the second tri and done with all the major tests.  I have a definite bump now and need to get some full panel pants.  I just can't stand any pressure on my stomach.  I got some full panel leggings at target last weekend but they ride down when I walk around.  Grrr... maybe I need to be a bit bigger.  Any recommendations on full panel pants?  I never got any last pregnancy.  Why?  I do not know. 

We also just booked a vaca!  We'll be going to the UK in just 2 weeks!  It's DD's first trip over.  It's partly a birthday trip (she'll be 1 next month), part babymoon, and part plain old vacation as we haven't gotten away since 2009!!!!!  I feel kind of guilty eating up some of my vacation before my next maternity leave, but I just need a break!!!  I'm so looking forward to a little R&R.  Hopefully I will get some!  LOL.  My ILs live there so I'm hoping they can look after DD and DH and I can get a little down time!

Hope EOE is well!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thanks, ladies. Trouble - you're 100% right, and if that ends up being the case I'll be OK with it when the time comes.  At least I'll have some time to get used to the idea (maybe...). I would love to experience the labor and delivery, etc...but I know what is important is the end result. And, on t he bright side, that would be 2 weeks more of 100% pay that I don' thave to use vacation for...ha.

ajuly, my EDD is April 11. I am shooting for the 9th! :-) call me optimistic, but I just feel like I'll be early.

Trouble, I got the leggings from Target too and had the same issue. Try Old Navy - they have some good full panel leggings that stay up. They aren't expensive, I don't think. Gap has good ones, too but they are a little priceir. Have fun on vacation!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Trouble--I had good luck with the Motherhood full-panel pants. I got some from Kohl's and also at the Destination Maternity in Natick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Just checking in (although I have been reading and followinga long).  I am now 24 weeks so the second trimester is pretty well done... and I can safely conclude that I will not be one of those people who gets some burst of energy in the second trimester.  In fact, I think I am more tired than ever.  Truth be told, I am sort of getting over it all!!  The novelty has worn off, and while I am still excited about the arrival, right now, it just seems like such a loooong way away and all I want to be able to do is sleep through the night without (a) needing to pee, (b) being woken by extreme baby kicking or (c) waking with a dead left arm, trying to roll on to my right side to be no more comfortable.

Okay, enough of my complaining for now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Prill, now that you mention it, I didn't get a burst of energy in the second trimester, either...  I felt completely normal except for my growing belly, but I wouldn't call that a burst of energy!  I can't believe I'm knocking on the door of the third trimester...only two more days...!!!  YIKES!!! 

Also, I was never one to wake up in the middle of the night EVER, and now that I pee frequently in the middle of the night, I feel like I can do it without even waking up - ha! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

So the version worked!!  They were able to quickly and relatively easily turn the baby with quite minimal discomfort to me.  When they said they were done, both DH and I were like, "that's it?"  I guess from everything we'd heard, we were expecting something much more dramatic.  At any rate, the OB did say that since it had been so easy to turn him, there was a slightly higher likelihood that he'll turn back to breech.  However, she said if he does that they could just wait until 39 weeks then do another version, since both baby and I tolerated it so well and then immediately induce labor provided my cervix is favorable.  So I may be able to avoid the c-section either way.  YAY!  In the meantime, I'm enjoying being able to breath without coughing and horrible heartburn.  I feel 1000x better than  I did yesterday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

am - That's terrific! I hope the baby stays turned!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Great news, am!  Stay there, baby! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

am, that's awesome!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, am! Hopefully the little one is now quite comfy and won't feel the need to flip back around!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

that is really great news, so happy for you am

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Hi Everyone,

So, I guess I'm moving over from the TTC forum.  (I've held off because describing myself as "pregnant," even here, just seems like tempting fate.)  I'm 8 weeks as of Saturday.  I have my first prenatal appointment Friday, with a midwife at MGH.  I didn't think they'd want to see me this soon, but they say they have people come in between 8 and 10 weeks.  Can anyone give me some idea of what to expect?  My husband is wondering if he should come with me and I'm not sure if it will be worthwhile for him to do that or not.

Thanks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Thistle--congratulations and welcome!! DH has come with me to both of my first appointments (I am pg with #2 currently), mostly because my OB does a dating ultrasound at the first appointment. Beyond that, it was a lot of paperwork (filling out forms, going over recommendations, testing options, etc.) and LOTS of blood being taken. I think I had 7 vials taken at my intake appointment this past time. I had a pap with my first pg, but this time my OB said she'd hold off until my 6-week post-partum appointment. She did do a cervix check, though. Oh, and 8-10 weeks sounds about the right time to go in for an initial appointment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

congrats thistle!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Yay thistle, great news.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Thank you guys :)  I am freaking out and I think I will be until I get through the first trimester--I just kind of can't believe that this will actually work out.

Kiwigal, thanks for the info.  I have actually already had 3 ultrasounds--I got a ton of early monitoring because I'm high risk for ectopic pregnancy.  So I kind of doubt they'll do a dating ultrasound, especially because the most recent ultrasound did give an age consistent with when I think I ovulated.  But if they were going to do one, I'd want DH to be there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Congrats Thistle!  My husband came with me to my first appt and u/s - it is nice to have him involved since right now I am so connected to the baby and for him, he feels a little removed.  ... I know exactly what you mean about being afraid to say it out loud .. I was petrified to tell anyone until I had the first ultrasound and heard the HB and saw the baby floating around!  We were TTC for a really long time. unfortunately I didn't know about these boards! they would have been really helpful while TTC and very early pregnancy when I had so many questions, but was afraid to tell anyone ... I think I was afraid it would disappear and not be real or something.

AM - how's that baby doing ... Is he staying in place or did he turn back?  Sending you good thoughts!

AFM - I hit the 16 week mark Thursday!  Getting closer to 1/2 way!  Yay!!! 
    Symptoms: 
    • A couple of times I thought I felt fluttering a coupel of times when I first lay down in bed at night, but it could be gas for something else.  Fun to hope its the baby :-) 
    • wierd dreams!
    • Super moody lately - Last night my husband was just trying to help me and I got annoyed at him for no reason.  
    • Also the nausea has really faded, every so often if I get way too hungry I feel a little sick, but it is a 1000 times better! 
    • The 1st trimester exhaustion still hasn't faded... I had a really bad cold last week and didn't take any time off from work to recooperate, it's much better now but still hanging on ...maybe that's why I'm still so tired?  When did the fatigue fade for others here?  I keep waiting for that promised 2nd trimester energy!  ... does it really happen
    • Eating habits - I have been wanting pizza, onion rings, mozz sitcks ... I have been doing stuff like making healthier pizza at home and waiting until I am in a big group to order onion rings and then just having a few and letting others eat most of them ... its wierd though!  ... and we used to make a big pot of soup or something and eat leftovers for the first half of the week ...now I eat something once want no part of it again and I used to eas salad EVERYDAY ... now I have an aversion to salad ... I hope that changes by the summer when all the really great fresh veggies plus doesn't the baby need the vitamins from veggies?  I still try to get in veggies when I can, but I'm not eating anywhere near enough.
    Two weeks and two days until my 18wk u/s! I can't wait!!! We are still undecided if we are going to find out the gender.  My husband wants to because he says "birth is surprisign enough" and at first I was neither here nor there about finding out so I agreed.... at my last visit the midwife said at the birth they don't announce the gender, they just put the baby on my chest and we look to find out when we're ready ... they idea of that brought tears to my eyes and now I think I may want to do it that way ... it just sounds so nice!  She said if we do want to find out she recommends telling the u/s tech not to tell us, but for us to bring in really pretty paper and an envelope and we can open it when we are alone together and make it a special moment ... although DH he wants to know he will default to my decision. For those that were undecided about finding out the gender ... how did you decide which way to go?

Happy Monday :-P
    Yawn!
    K

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Holy moly, sorry that was so long!  I'll try to be briefer in the future..