Maternity (shudder) Swimsuits?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: Maternity (shudder) Swimsuits?

You're a brave woman! There's no way you would have gotten me in a swimsuit last summer. :) That said, I have a friend who found a couple of very cute maternity tankinis at Target.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

GC - not sure how helpful this will be, but i noticed a pea in the pod seems to have a bunch of suits - basic black as well as lilly pulitzer if you're so inclined... they seem to be tankinis with ruched sides mainly.  check their website maybe? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I did a deep water toning and conditioning class through out my second pregnancy.  I got a (not very cute but functional) swimsuit from Motherhood.  I was concerned that it wouldn't hold up to cholrine 2 times/week but it did and still has life.  I ended up going with Motherhood because I am plus sized to begin with and there is almost no selection out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I must be the only person out there who loved their maternity bathing suit!  I felt so much more confident for some reason.  I am large chested and found a great halter tankini at Motherhood - I had bought one at Target but it was a disaster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bean78. Show bean78's posts

I am right there with you GC! I gave birth to my son on June 21st almost 4 years ago so I never had to venture into the maternity bathing suit realm. Now I am due in September too and my 4 year old LOVES going to the beach and the pool. EEEESSH. I happened to look at what target has....they are all tankinis it seems; some basic black and some with patterned tops. Not ALL ugly...Gap may be another place to look online but i know i dont plan to wear this puppy for long so targets price point may be  more up my ally! Good luck in your search! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

I actually wore my regular bikini and just wore a tight fitting ribbed tank top from motherhood maternity over it when I was out at the public pool and let the belly hang out when I was at a private beach area with not many people around.  I was initially against this but it was hot and I just got over it.  I didn't have stretch marks though but was pretty big. If I had stretch marks I probably would not have let it out. I will note that my mother really frowned upon this so I did not let it hang out in her presence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

OK, so I'm hearing actual-factual maternity stores, Lands End, and possibly Target.  Thanks, ladies!!! 

Honestly, I thought about a regular bikini to dodge the whole issue, but I am scarred from a beach-going trip with a friend who was SO horrified by the sight of a PG lady in a bikini that she would not shut up about it.  Plus, stretch marks are a deal-breaker, so I figure I'll just go tankini and deal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Found mine at Target.  Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Same as recommended above, but I would also add Marshall's.  I found a cute maternity suit there last summer (I was postpartum, but still not completely comfortable in a regular suit).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

"I am scarred from a beach-going trip with a friend who was SO horrified by the sight of a PG lady in a bikini that she would not shut up about it. "

Eh, what's the big deal? It's a belly, only bigger! I think pg women in bikinis look great if they can pull it off!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

I don't have the body for it but if I did I definitely would have gone the bikini route. I think it looks cute for those who can pull it off!

Not to go off on a tangent, but why is there such negativity when it comes to being pregnant and showing it off in this society? Maybe it's just me, I don't know...