Mattress and bedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Mattress and bedding

Ok, this may be an odd question, though I was wondering, how long before your due date did you open the mattress and get the crib ready? I want to open the mattress to let it air out, though don't want it to get too dusty in meantime, same with the bedding.  

I am ready to get the room all put together!  TIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Re: Mattress and bedding

I think we were set up between a month or 2 before.  DD did not go into the crib till she was about 4 months so I just washed the sheet again before she went into it for the first time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

We set up about 2 months before our due date.  But I was carrying twins and lucky to get to 37 weeks.
    Dont wait too long though.  I told a friend to get set up a month before and she went into labor the next day.
    Our kids were in a crib from day one.  Together in one, but we skipped the whole bassinet thing.
    Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

We didn't get set-up until about 2 months postpartum.  I knew we would be co-cleeping for a while so I didn't sweat it.  We didn't use the crib regularly until DS was 10 months old.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for the advice!  I opened the mattress to air out this weekend and plan to wash the bedding (along with everything else) this coming weekend while DH is away.  She is going to sleep in our room for the first month or so but I feel the need to have her room completely ready before she arrives!

Sections
Shortcuts