May 2013 pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: May 2013 pregnancy

Like siena said, it has to be a personal decision based on your risk tolerance - we all have different thresholds.  But, that being said, for a first pregnancy it would be VERY unlikely you'd have your baby 4 weeks early...chances are better that you'll be late.  If it were ME, I'd not worry about it that far in advance of my date and let him have his trip.  If the very unlikely does happen, it will work out, anyway, even if you can't see how, exactly, at the moment.  Worse comes to worst, call 911.  If you go into hard labor that early there'd be a problem, anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

In response to WhirledPeasPlease's comment:

They're looking at doing a weekend away about halfway between here and where his friend lives--it's 3 1/2 hours away at this specific place. I'm all about DH doing this for his friend, but I'm worried because they're looking at the last two weekends in September and my due date is Oct. 24. I'm nervous about 1) being home alone for a weekend that late in my pregnancy. We don't have any family nearby either. 2) DH being 3 1/2 hours away and probably mostly drunk for a whole weekend that late in my pregnancy. 3) not having a car while DH is away for the whole weekend (we share a car).

Am I over reacting? It would be 4ish weeks before my due date. 

We aren't family but I would have no problem coming to get you and take you on any errands or trips you needed or just keep you company with DH having the car Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks for weighing in and thanks for the offer, Northern! That's good, we can hang out that weekend. MIL also said I can spend nights at their place in NH if I don't want to be alone at night. I'm feeling better about the whole thing. My anxiety has been in high alert these days!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP - one word of caution on staying in NH, at some point your insurance will stop covering out of state deliveries.  Not saying that would happen but something to keep in mind.  I believe it was at 36 weeks for me.  Other than that I think you're totally fine with letting DH go.  You could explain the situation to your OB and see if there are any indicators that you're going to go early.  If there aren't then let him have his fun and take the time to enjoy having a quiet house to yourself!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

ALS - sounds like a great scan!  Congrats on making it further than last time and hope your little girl decides to stay put a few more weeks.

I just had my 35 week scan yesterday and babies are doing great.  Our little girl measured 5lbs 7oz and our big boy is 6lbs 10oz.  It is such a relief to have made it his far and that I can expect  normal sized newborns at this point.  This whole pregnancy I've been terrified of delivering tiny premies that would have to spend lots of timewhole in the nicu.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

SS, what great weights for your twins! How long will they let you go? Did they schedule a C-section? You must be getting more uncomfortable as the temperatures rise; I hope you have AC access!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That is fabulous, SS, great weights.  What a relief to not be anticipating 2 preemies.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

That's great, SS! Such a milestone! My DD1 was 6 lbs 4 oz when she was born!  You should feel great that they are so big at this point! 

WPP - I had a similar issue with my husband towards the end of my pregnancy with DD1.  He had a business trip to Philly when I was 36 weeks pregnant.  I was very nervous about him being so far away and not being able to get back if I went into labor early.  Before he left I checked with my OB and she said there were no early signs of me being close to delivery (although they obviuosly have no way to predict).  So he left with strict instructions to keep his cell phone with him (and charged!!) at all times.  Everything turned out fine in the end. My water ended up breaking a week after he got back (at 37 weeks 5 days) and I was grateful he was there (but my labor took 22.5 hours after my water broke and I didn't feel any painful contractions until about 12 hours after my water broke so it would have been fine either way).  My advice is to advocate for the earlier ofthe two weekends, have a girlfriend on call to help you if you need help in any way, and enjoy the last weekend you will have alone for a long long time!!  I would also probably ask my DH not to have more than a few drinks just in case...not sure if he'd comply with that but I'd ask just the same! LOL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks everyone! My c section is scheduled for the 24th at 38 weeks. If I make to then and they continue growing at the same half a lb a week pace they will probably be around 7 and 8 lbs by then which is really big for twins.  They may slow down a bit though now due to space constraints.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, my SIL had twins (20 years ago), and they were both about 7 1/2 lbs.  You might need to go on bed rest as they get heavier so the pressure on your cervix doesn't cause early labor - has your doc mentioned that?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

SSBride--that's a lot of baby in there!  :)  So glad to hear they are growing well. Exciting that you have a c-section date this month.  It's really coming up soon! 

WPP--I realized that part of the reason my DH's travel wasn't too stressful was that I live in walking distance to pretty much everything I might need for daily life. So I don't really need a car to get around.  If you are somewhere more suburban, maybe it would be worth renting a car for the weekend?  I'm also very used to being alone at night, since DH works nights a couple times a week.  I have a dog & cat, plus now this kickboxing baby inside, so I'm never really alone. :p

AFM, still happy to be still waiting.  My OB says baby is not engaged yet; I think she has moved slightly down based on how I feel, but doc says she has a ways still to go.  The important thing is she is still head down; the rest can wait for now! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Kar, I guess they aren't too worried about that since at 35 weeks I'm close to term.  I was told they wouldn't even try to stop labor at this point and the babies are developed enough.  I guess multiples actually develop a bit faster.  Somehow our bodies know they won't have as long to cook.  That said I'm on a loose form of modified bed rest anyway.  A couple of weeks ago my blood pressure was going up and they were worried about pre-eclampsia.  Laying down for most of the day has brought it back down so not much of a concern now.

Sections
Shortcuts