May 2014 Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

May 2014 Pregnancy

This board has been dead for the last couple months.  Is anyone else preggers?

I am 9 w 3 d.  This is my 2nd and I still time around it is much harder especially with a toddler running around.  I actually cried at work today.  A combination of being very tried, waking up 2-3 times a night to pee, very busy at work and trying to keep up with all the housework.  Plus I have nausea with this one which I didn't have with DS. I feel very overwhelmed!  I am hoping the next 3 weeks goes by quickly and I start feeling better when I enter into the 2nd trimester.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Re: May 2014 Pregnancy

Hi Pugs, 
    I think I was the only one for awhile!  26.5 weeks here.  DD will be 3 in a couple weeks and I agree, this time around is much more exhausting.  DD was not sleeping well at the beginning.  Since she started sleeping well, I started to get achy hips (around 16 weeks) making it uncomfortable to sleep.  It is going to be a long summer!  I look forward to naptime on weekends, I have been taking full advantage and napping with DD.  I should be getting other things done, though I have just been so tired still.  I hope you feel better soon!  I lucked out and never had any nausea with either pregnancy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Not PG myself, but as I have 2 who are 22 months apart, I can empathize with you both.  The hardest thing about being pregnant when you have another child to worry about is that you can't always make yourself the 1st priority.  With my first, I'd come home from work and go directly to the couch!  With the 2nd, my daughter wouldn't let me get away with it!  Hang in there...it's definitely a balancing act.  Best advice I got on the second pregnancy was to go to sleep at night at the same time as my daughter...it really does make a difference.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

I'm 28 weeks with #2 and this has been a completely different experience than the last one. I'm much more tired this time around, probably from chasing my 4 year old all over heck and back. He goes down at night and I'm about ten minutes behind him. And this one is much more active than I remember DS being, rolling around all the time and kicking constantly. Of course, DS was breech. He settled into 1 spot at the start of third trimester and pretty much stayed there until he came out. This one hasn't done that.

I'm carrying the same (all in front), but in terms of the experience it's different. I broke out like crazy with DS, not at all with this one. I swelled into a horror show with DS; so far, so good with this one. I'm on thyroid medication this time around, which might be making a difference with some things. I just wish I wasn't so darn tired all the flipping time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Glad to hear I'm not the only one being so tired! I just I was having a bad day when I posted. I am feeling much better and excited for my doctors appt tomorrow morning.  Hopefully Ill be able to hear the heartbeat!  It will make it seem more real. I should really take your advice and go to sleep as sooner a DS does but that is at 7 pm.  I would be up at 3 AM!  

Has anyone heard of centering doctor appts?  Ill deliver this baby at a different hospital than with my son.   Instead of seeing your doctor or midwife you have your appts in a group setting with other women and husbands about the same due dates.  The first part of the appt you get weighed, measured etc in a private setting then I guess ask questions in the group setting.  Of course you can opted out and schedule your appt with the doctor/ mid wife.  I dont know what to think about it yet but seems kind if interesting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Congrats everyone! I thought I was the only one, too, because there haven't been any new pregnancy posts since like Oct 2013!

I am 11 weeks with #2. I can echo the being more tired part, with a 23 month old keeping me busy. Otherwise, I think I actually feel a bit better than with DD- with her I had more nausea (it was more severe but still only lasted a couple weeks) I had serious skin itching (only on my back, necessitating the purchase of a back scratcher to keep handy...seriously). I also have the same horrible breakouts that I'm hoping clear up as the weeks go on.

Pugs I actually saw a news story a couple weeks ago about those types of doctor appointments, for all types of doctor visits. They said it would be the new thing in the future of medicine...personally I prefer my privacy all around and wouldn't want to share what little time I get with the Dr!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Its interesting that you read about it, summer.  You still have personal time with the doctor or midwife at the beginning of the appointment and then the rest of the appointment is in a group setting.  

Summer our due dates must be pretty close.  I'm due 12/19.  You?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to pugslove's comment:

Its interesting that you read about it, summer.  You still have personal time with the doctor or midwife at the beginning of the appointment and then the rest of the appointment is in a group setting.  

Summer our due dates must be pretty close.  I'm due 12/19.  You?

12/14!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Hi everyone! Just checking in...how's everyone doing? I'm getting to the end of the 1st tri and doing pretty well, despite the fact I've had 3 colds since becoming PG! Even needing to use my inhaler.

I find myself getting more anxious about prepping for LO's arrival, like, NOW. Granted there's so much less to do the 2nd time around, that all we need to do is prep a room and set up everything, so I keep telling myself to chill...

We've decided to move DD into the 3rd bedroom (bigger w/ a bigger closet), and keep her current bedroom as baby's room. So I'm trying to decide on a paint color for her new room, and décor etc. Any ideas for a toddler girl room that isn't too baby-ish? I'm thinking gray walls with purple bedding/accents. I'm hoping to have her new room done by mid summer so we can move her in there well before baby arrives.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts