May - Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

May - Pregnancy

Hi :)

It's May! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Re: May - Pregnancy

Happy May, everyone! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying the spring weather that has FINALLY arrived.

I'm about to hit 20 weeks and can't believe there are still 20 to go. I just want to meet my little guy already. I have to go back in a couple of weeks to have LO's heart measured since we couldn't get clear shots at the anatomy scan. Also, hoping that my placenta previa is resolving itself.

What else is going on?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi All! 

Congrats on halfway Kiwi!

26 weeks for me today!  I've been having restless legs recently which is soooo annoying!  I had it all throughout my first pregnancy and it only just started up with this one.  I think maybe it's because I've been forgetting to take my prenatals.  I have to be better about that.  Other than that, enjoying these last weeks before my breasts become food sources again!  :)

Hope everyone else is well!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Congrats Kiwi on half way.... Very Exciting.

Trouble, sorry about restless legs, I keep having tingling in my fingertips which I just assume is a pregnancy related issue but it does not bother me too bad so I will just bring it up at my next appt. 

AFM- 28 1/2 weeks and I guess I am in the third trimester..woo hoo.  The countdown is on.  I feel great besides I think I mentioned before that all I do is sweat.   Even with all the windows open in our bedroom at night.  I am also getting up to pee 2 or 3 times a night.  I feel like I am about to pee my pants and then it is a little tinkle..oh the joy :-).   we moved DD into a big girl bed this weekend so now I can get the bedding and stuff for the new baby.  I think this time I will stay away from the bed sets.  I still have barely gotten anything for the new baby.   I am not really worried.  I have a DA appt next week then I  move to everyother week so the end is near!  This pregnancy is going by pretty fast and I still can believe I am going to be a mother of two! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The tingling in your fingertips is probably carpel tunnel; it's very common in pg and pinches the nerves to your hand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Thanks Kar, figured as much...No too concerned yet as I barely notice it. I will just bring it up next week to the doc!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Definitely talk with the doc, I just wanted to put your mind at ease - numbness and tingling can be a little scary even if it's not that bad.  I know someone who suffered with it in the 3rd trimester, and it did get worse near the end (sorry!).  Take heart, though, she said it "magically" disappeared the practically the moment after she gave birth!  Ask the doc about a splint - it helps a LOT from what I hear.  Typing, if you rest your palms/wrists on the desk or keyboard, will exaserbate it, too, so try to type "correctly" with only the tips of your fingers touching anything if you can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Yay for may!

yay for half way mark and beyond ladies!

I'm 19 weeks now. We had our level 2 ultrasound yesterday to check the single artery cord...it's still a SAU but we saw the kidneys are doing well. Couldn't get a good view of the heart so I go in two weeks for a fetal echocardiogram at Children's hospital. Not really looking forward to it. But it's the day before we leave for a two week trip to see the inlaws. so it's not like I won't be busy packing for a two day travel (our flights have gotten messed up so what is normally a 30 hour travel is now hitting the 40 hour mark-with layovers! it's going to be a blast when 22 weeks preggers and with a toddler!) then two weeks of inlaws...

I'm a little exhausted since I had prepared myself to have this issue resolved yesterday!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Wow Kam!  Are your inlaws in Australia?  That is a lot of travel!  We went to Europe last month to see my inlaws, and I was about 22 weeks.  That was a direct 7 hour flight and boy was it long enough!  Good luck to you!  At least my DD (11 months at the time) slept a lot.  Also, good luck on the echocardiogram.

Quad, sorry to hear you're already so hot!  I do hope we have a cool summer and not one like we had last year!  I normally run hot, but I've been ok so far (knock on wood).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just took the dog for a walk...here comes the humidity.  Youza, I feel for you ladies in your third trimester as we rapidly approach the hottest months!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Trouble I wish they were in australia-I'd be able to understand them then! If we could fly direct from Boston to their city it would only take us about 13 hours-but our 40 hours this time is broke up by a 15 hour lay over in London, then another few hours another city, then we land and have an hour or two drive to the resort we're staying it....so when I cacluate in leaving in time to get to the airport it will be a total of about 40 hours...It makes it seem as dramatic as this trip will be! Normally with leaving time and lay overs we can do the trip in about 27 hours. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Wow, KAM. That's intense. My ILs are in NZ, so I can commiserate on the long travel times (and long layovers). We just made the decision that we'll have DS#2's baptism in NZ next summer. So, that means 20 hours of flying time (nevermind layovers or airport waits) with a 9 month old and a 2.9 year old. OMG--are we crazy??! :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Wow, and I thought traveling to California to visit my family was bad! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Same here - I'm a West Coaster, too.  I won't complain when my time comes to visit my parents with the kid(s)! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Happy May to all! Fingers-crossed that this summer isn't too brutal.

I'm 35 weeks and getting excited about being in the home stretch. Had an u/s last week (my 5th and final - after being told I was only going to have the one at 18 weeks) baby is measuring around 7lbs, which just makes me laugh because DD was 6lbs 14oz when she was born. It is so fun to feel those baby parts just sticking out of my stomach, though. 

I can't wait to meet him/her for the first time. We still haven't finalized names, which we've been researching and debating for hours at a time over the past months.

The only thing I wish would go away is my insomnia and restless leg syndrome. My midwife ok'd benedryl to help me sleep and I've found that taking an epsom salt bath relaxes my leg muscles. Other than that, I'm enjoying these last weeks of pregnancy. We have a photo shoot scheduled next weekend with DD who is 19 months, and then I'm planning on doing a second one after the baby is born - I'm wondering, though, when we should do it - a week or two after the baby is born, or closer to the 1-2 month mark?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Benice - I talked to my wedding photographer about doing newborn photos and she says she likes to do them at 2 weeks and made a great point... they're only that teeny tiny for such a short amount of time!  I think that's what we'll end up doing, and then another round when it's more expressive. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Happy May everyone!  Countdown is on, only 6.5 weeks left to go!  Still feeling pretty good other than if I slouch at all I get a tingling/numb type feeling in my upper chest.  I have a dr. appt tomorrow so will ask about that.  

It was a busy weekend last weekend.  We had our nursery furniture delivered and I love it!  Plus, my mom threw me a surprise shower.  It was so nice, we received so many wonderful gifts.  Now I just need to organize everything and figure out what else I need!  

I hope everyone is doing wel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

wed--congrats on being in the homestretch! Good luck getting all the gifts and nursery stuff organized. It's so much fun to see that all come together.

I had my 20 week appointment yesterday. All is good and it was a quick one. BUT, my OB's office has changed their policy and now ALL patients have to do the three-draw, fasting after midnight glucose tolerance test. Yuck. I know the test is important and I'd definitely want to know if I have GD, I just get very antsy about the whole fasting thing. I'm not good with it. Any positive stories about the 3-draw test are welcome! :) (If it was horrible, don't tell me...)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Wed, I also get that weird chest feeling - I sort of have to stretch myself out and lift my arms up and it goes away - does that work for you, too?  It usually doesn't last very long for me.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to as your doc though. 

I'm 35 weeks and like Benice, they are sending me for an ultrasound (after assuming I wouldn't have anymore) because baby is measuring big. Oy!  Not too thrilled about that!  Otherwise, I have no complaints - just swelling a bit :)  And sad that pregnancy is going so fast and it's almost over! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Wed/Sprout/Benice - you guys are getting so close!!!

29 weeks here, countdown is on.  I still feel great.  I think at 31 I have finally developed allergies.  I would normally say I probably have a cold but I have a itchy throat.  Just got off the phone with the doctor verify what I can take.  I am ok during the day but just want some relief at night.  The little guys is moving around ALOT and sometimes it hurts.  I can feel little elbows or knees when i press on my belly.  I am anxious for my appt on wednesday.  The doctor said she could probably feel the babies position by then.  I will be upset if he is breech. I know there are things they can do to turn him around if need be.  Labor was so easy for me with DD, well after the epidural, that I do not want a C Section if I can avoid it.   
    Found out yestserday that my BFF is pregnant to so we are super excited.   Obviously she is a little behind me but at least we can support each other with each having two kiddos each.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Quad - it's totally possible you're developing allergies - especially this year.  My husband has never had allergies in his life and is suffering this year...  so I think they're particularly bad.  (And I personally have been having some of the worst attacks that I can remember - not even including the peeing when I sneeze, that's just added humor from mother nature.) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Oh, peeing when sneezing, I have that issue to...particular worse with pregnancy #2.  Oh the joys of pregnancy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Sprout, I mentioned the odd chest feeling to my dr and she said it is nothing to worry about, most likely just the baby pushing on a nerve and certain positions make it worse.  It does feel better when I stretch and sit up perfectly straight. 

My allergies have been the opposite this year.  I usually get them really bad and have to take a prescription, though this year other than some minor post nasal drip I feel fine so far.  Poor DH is suffering badly so I havent' opened the windows to spare him the pollen coming in, though I am so hot at night!  I have had to break down and put the a/c on which I hated to do so early. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

ha ha ha, the peeing while sneezing coughing is the worst. Especially when I was out for a lunch time walk with two single male co-workers. Every time I had to cough or sneeze I had to stop walking so I didn't pee! They were stumped as to why I kept stopping. Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

One of my coworkers warned me about peeing while sneezing/coughing/laughing, but it never happened to me.  Not while pregnant and not since DD arrived 11 weeks ago.  Towards the end of pregnancy, I would stop and clench whenever I had to sneeze lol.

Actually, that is a lie.  I full out peed my pants a few days after DD was born, but that doesn't count :o)

Wed - I think I had that same weird chest feeling!  At first I would call it shortness of breath, but then I realized I could breathe just fine - it just felt weird.