May - Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: May - Pregnancy

The peeing is awful, especially now that it is coupled with allergy season!  I did a sneeze-pee sitting on the sofa last night, and burst in to tears. Thankfully DH is supportive and not as horrified as I had anticipated he would be!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

I am 37 weeks today. DS had been turned transverse (sideways) since 30 weeks, but as of last week he was head down and had stayed there! Fingers crossed that he finds it comfy and stays put until he wants to come out!

I caught a stomach virus from DS#1 on Saturday and have been soooo sick (vomiting, lower GI). I couldn't eat a thing from Saturday until this morning. To make it worse, when I would try to sleep I would get restless leg syndrome even though I was so exhausted. The rest of my days/nights were spent in the bathroom. And I was having tons of Braxton Hicks contrax. I started timing them yesterday just to make sure but they were not the real deal. It's been a really tough 5 days but at least I'm coming out of it now.  

Once I get my energy/stamina back I am totally ready to have this baby!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Did anyone have a low platelet count?  I had a doctors appt today and she mentioned that when they took my blood last visit (4 weeks ago), they platelets were a little low so she took blood again to see if they were any better.  I have not heard back yet with the results.  She said that most likely it is pregnancy related although this did not happen with DD.  She almost mentioned if they were low again going to a hemotologist to verify it is pregnancy related.

Any who, the appt was quick.  She could not feel the babies positions but I pointed out a body part and she said most likely because it was nobby it was probably a knee or heel which made me feel better that he hs head down since that part was torward the top of my belly.   Other than that, I moved on to two weeks appt which is very exciting!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

As a friend of mine said "there is no dignity in pregnancy". I had 2 stomach bugs during this pregnancy - I would literally have to sit on the toilet and vomit into something else so I wouldn't wet my pants everytime. And as an added bonus, if I cough in the morning, it still affects my gag reflex and then I have to vomit.

All of my remaining appointments have been booked, which is exciting. I had my 36 week appt today and my midwife told me that they do not do internal exams until 40 weeks, which I am personally glad for because it HURT to have them check my cervix last time.. however things may have been repositioned from already delivering one baby already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

tr - that sounds awful!  I hope things turn around for you ASAP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

Thanks jennifyr, starting to feel better today. I will need to re-do Mother's Day, that's for sure!

I just had a gas station cashier ask me if I am dilated yet! It seems like a rather personal question to me, especially from a complete stranger at 6:30 am!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

TL, so glad you're turning the corner.  And, yes.  The cashier WAY over-stepped.  I know we've all had strangers who have, but that does seem too high for comfort on the personal-info-mometer. 

Quad, low platelets could be pregnancy-related.  But, please do make sure your doctor knows which medications you're taking.  Some meds can do it, too.  That is, if you're still low on the re-check.  Platelets have a short life-span (10 days or so), so there are sometimes temporary drops that recover on their own.  Good news is, there's a lot of wiggle room before low-platelets are dangerous.

Just had yet another US.  My short cervix is stable, so no change in my activities.  Still not on my feet for more than 4 hours, but that's a far cry from bedrest, so I'm okay with that.  I gained another pound, bringing the grand total to 6.  But, the US said the LO also gained a pound in the last three weeks (total of 3 now at 28 1/2 weeks).  So, I'm still on the low side.  But, he's not.  Weekly chemo 3 of 12 this afternoon.  All's good except getting tired, joined the cough-pee club, and 2 am heartburn.  I don't know how you guys with two are doing it.  Can't imagine signing up to do this again anytime soon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

My platelets are still low, the range is 400-140 and mine are 136 so i am not terribly bad and since they did not mention this to me 4 weeks ago when I got the blood I am not too overly concerned.

Cookie-Yes they know my meds, I am waiting for the doctor to review my results and let me know what my next steps will be.  She also said about the wiggle room, she said they dont get too overly concerned until they are closer to 20.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Trh-wow. I've been asked/told some personal stuff, but never asked how dilated I was!

Good news is the pollen counts are going to go down drastically. The bad news is I learned about this as I was sitting in my doctors office due to a double ear infection and sinus infection from my allergies! So ladies, take care of yourself!

May these sweet sweet antibiotics start working any moment!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Yay for the pollen count going down, these sniffles, coughs and stinging eyes are killing me.

Quad - I have low platelets too, although not just pregnancy related, mine is due to an iron disorder. My OB isn't too worried about it, he has just given me additional iron tablets to take, on top of prenatals that already have added iron.

AFM, right now, I would happily take sore hips, swollen feet, back acne, h*ll, I'd even take morning sickness back, if it meant getting rid of this awful sensation that feels like I have been punched in the lady bits!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Hi Ladies - It's been a little while since I posted.

Prill/Kam - I hope you both start to feel better!!! I can't imagine how you are feeling.

Quad - I hope the low platelet count is nothing to be concerned about. It's amazing the number of things that can affect you because you are pregnant.

Cookie - Glad you are still doing the modified bedrest and that it hasn't changed to full bedrest. Hope your chemo appt this afternoon goes well. That's great that you and the baby are both growing ok.

TR - Wow, I can't believe how people think they can just ask whatever they want. I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

benice - I can't believe you are 36 weeks already. That seem to go by so fast. I'm so excited for you!!!!

AFM - Joined the pee when I sneeze club too. So not fun!! Had my anatomy u/s last night. We didn't find out what we are having, but baby is good and healthy. Everything measured right on and baby weighs about 1lb, 1oz. I've gained 8lbs so far (well, the 5 that I lost when I found out I was PG and 3 more). So my MW is very happy about that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Hi everyone.  I had my first doctor's appointment today and we were able to hear the heartbeat!  I am at 10 weeks, so she had to poke and prod a bit, but we finally found it.  I'm so relieved that everything seems to be progressing normally so far.  I have my early risk assessment in 2 weeks, and will have an ultrasound then, which I am pretty excited about.  I just want to be sure the baby is healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Congratulations, Jenn!  I'm glad they found a heartbeat.  I found that very reassuring. 

We skipped the early risk assessment, because I wouldn't terminate the pregnancy for Down syndrome and figured in view of that, we were more likely to screen falsely positive and freak out over nothing than to get useful information.  But that means that I won't get another ultrasound for quite a while.  I have the anatomy ultrasound in another 3 weeks or so, and so that will be my first chance to really hear how things look.  I'm trying to figure out if I can put off telling my work until then . . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Jenn - Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!!! Like thistle, we didn't have any testing done either. We wouldn't terminate either and didn't see the point in worrying over something that wasn't 100%.

Thistle - Can't wait to hear about your u/s. Will you be finding out the gender? We didn't have our anatomy u/s until 21w6d. I had an early u/s at 7w. It was a long wait, but it was great to actually see the baby so clearly!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Twin, we will find out the sex, I think--I'm kind of neutral on it but DH would like to know, so we're going to ask.  Did you find out at yours?  My u/s is still a ways off--June 6--which feels sooo looong to me!  But I have a prenatal appointment next Friday so hopefully we can hear the heartbeat again and I'll be reassured that something is alive in there.  (I'm not really showing much at all, which I'm sure is fine, but it's kind of hard to believe sometimes!)  I actually also had an early ultrasound at 6.5 weeks (and at 5.5, and 4.5) but to be honest I couldn't see much at that point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

KAM - talk to me about your ear infection - antibiotics are ok?  I think I'm working on one (I've had ear congestion for about a week due to allergies...and I generally get an ear infection this time of year) and I wasn't sure whether they prescribe antibiotics during pregnancy.  What kind are you on? 

And I'm totally one of those people who demand the TMI (from friends only, though).  I'm always like "so how's your cervix today?"  My non-pregnant friends are always shocked at how easily the word cervix flows out of the mouth of a pregnant woman.  I'm even ok with saying "sphincter" out loud now after reading a whole chapter on them in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.  It's amazing what pregnancy can do to your verbal filter. 

On that note - Cookie, glad to hear your cervix is stable :) 

Jenn - congrats!  So exciting!!! 

Prill - My ladybit pain is off and on...mine's as if I'm being pulled along by a rope attached to my pubic bone.  Hurts the most when rolling over at night - oy!  Good luck - wish I had advice! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Note to self:  Boston.com allows "sphincter" but not "p00p" or "s*ck."  Hm.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Thistle - We didn't find out. I didn't want to know, but DH really did. I've been set on not finding out since for as long as I can remember. At 22w, I really don't look PG. I'm hoping that means a small baby, but I know I'm dreaming. I could barely see anything at my early u/s either. We've been able to hear the heart beat at every visit so I think they will probably do the same for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

KAM and Lil-  I had a double ear infection/sinus infection the week before DS was born. I actually think it was not a sinus infection b/c it all went away after labor, but the nose def. caused the ear infections.  I was in the ER 2 nights before DS was born b/c i was in so much pain.
      During labor I couldn't hear the MW because my ears were so clogged!  It must be common to have ear/sinus infections during pg.  I was put on amoxicillin for 10 days and the ears never cleared up so I got put on predinzone (sp?). 3 weeks later my one ear is still clogged and am on flonaze to get the fluid out.  It is fine to be on antibiotics when pg or breast feeding- the benefits outweigh the risks. DS had no problem when I was on them and bf. 
     Hope you ladies feel better soon, I've been there and it is no fun. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nlamson. Show nlamson's posts

34 weeks - I am looking forward to meeting my little girl!

I am having trouble breathing and getting comfortable while sitting is a challenge.  I didn't realize how much a woman's body goes through until I got pregnant but it's worth it in the end Laughing

Has anyone had any issues with circulation in their hands?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Lil-sorry to hear you're working on an ear infection-there are really better things to work on! ;) I'm a fun one when it comes to antibiotics since I'm allergic to most stuff. So I'm on the z-pack-not the best for sinus infections, but it's the only pregnancy safe group that I can take. My doctor did say if I'm not feeling better by monday I'll start a steriod-fun!

Ajuly-you're partly right, pregnany women swell everywhere! My vision diminished when I was pregnant with my first son-even my retnas were swelling! So sinus congestion is common in pregnancy-they've warned me I not go back to clear sinus until after labor. One thing to watch with your DS is if he gets thrush from you taking antibiotics-if he gets a white patches on his tongue/mouth it's thrush-a simple yeast infection but it can make it difficult for him to nurse and even painful for you. (DS has this too and it was like nursing a kid with razor blades for a mouth.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I don't think we would terminate either, but I would rather know all the facts, even though it will probably cause me to worry over what is probably nothing.  But I definitely want the u/s at 12 weeks, just to see.  That's probably not the best reason.... :)

I will definitely try to find out the gender at our anatomy scan.  I'm too much of a planner.  My friend recently had hers, and they had decided they didn't want to know.  But they were having second thoughts, so they asked the technician to write down the gender and seal it in an envelope, in case they wanted to know later.  However, the technician laughed at them and said that she couldn't write it down because baby's legs were crossed and she had no clue.  I guess it was good they didn't REALLY want to know!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jenn, actually, the one reason I was really tempted to do the testing was as an excuse for an ultrasound!  But, I have been so crazed and paranoid throughout this pregnancy that it seemed better not to do anything that might freak me out unnecessarily.  And, to be clear, I don't judge others who might choose to terminate, I think it's a personal decision--I only mentioned it because knowing I wouldn't affected our thinking about testing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Has anyone else experienced a weird chemical smell/taste every time they eat something? It almost smells like some kind of cleaning agent?This has just started the last few days. At first I thought it was my cutlery at home, but I just had some toast at work and the same smell occurred while I was eating. I know of metallic tastes being common, but this is just weird!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from onpointacupuncture. Show onpointacupuncture's posts

Acupuncture Assisting various ailments

Anyone tried acupuncture to alleviate some of the nerve irritation?
    I am an acupuncturist and have had wonderful results with a lot of folks who overuse their hands with excessive computer work, hair dressers, etc..  Check out my website,  www.onpointacupuncturewellness.com
    Plus, there are a lot of other benefits regarding pregnancy health. 

Karin Kramer
    Acupuncturist and Owner

Sections
Shortcuts