May Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

May Pregnancy

I guess it's officially time for a May thread.

How is everyone doing?
    Rama, I'm glad your sore spot doesn't seem like something to be concerned with. I hope it starts healing soon.
    Liz - how are you feeling?

AFM, I made it past the halfway point last week and the baby has been a lot more active the past couple days which is a big relief for me as my spotting has been off and on for 8 weeks now. I guess I'll have to deal with it for the remaining 19. I'm getting a little worried that we only have a little over 4 months left and so much to do. We don't even know where we are going to put the baby yet, nevermind anything to put the baby in. And sadly, I don't think we will be able to keep our beloved pup :( He was abused by previous owners and is aggressive towards strangers and children and the trainer and vet do not advise keeping him. We will probably have to bring him back to the shelter where we adopted him since we cannot find him a good home and it completely breaks my heart. He has always been fine with us and when we adopted him we were not aware of all his issues. Honestly, I never thought that we'd be in this situation and was a little judgmental of others that gave up their pet for a baby.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: May Pregnancy

Cici - so sorry to hear about your pup.  That breaks my heart.  I couldn't imagine having to give away ours.  Also, sorry you're another one of the lucky ladies that has spotting during their pregnancy.  It's so nerve wracking each and every time.

Summer - glad to hear you enjoyed your shower.  You're way ahead of us with putting things away.  Our nursery is still covered in boxes!

AFM, I'm at the point where I just want the baby to be here.  I know 5 weeks isn't a long time to wait but I'm ready to meet our little one. Besides the anxiety I've really enjoyed being pregnant but in the past few days I'm ready for it to be over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Cici, that's so hard, having to give up a pet (especially one you've rescued).  My parents adopted a 2-yr-old dog from a family that had kids.  It was one of their favorite dogs ever the years they had her (RIP, Maggie).  Hopefully you can find your dog a good home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Cici- Congrats on reaching the halfway point! For me I remember it seemed to take forever to get to that point, and after that point is when time started to fly. Sorry to hear about your dog as well :( I can only imagine how tough it is to make that kind of decision.

Clc- you have no idea...DH and I were both obsessed with getting everything put away (which is unusual for him- usually I'm like that and he's the more laid back type. It's so bad that last night we went and bought most of the remaining things off of our registry....yeah...we may have a problem Tongue Out

AFM, hanging in there...starting to get to the uncomfortable point. My feet constantly ache and the heartburn is like a terrorizing monster I can barely stave off with Zantac. However, I'm excited that this Saturday we're supposed to have our mat. photos done- hoping the weather holds out- it's an outside shoot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer - we went and bought the remaining "essentials" on our registry the weekend after the shower.  Trust me I would have gone sooner if BBB wasn't an hour away.  We still left some things on there that we don't need but want just incase we have people that want to get a present after the baby is born.  DH's mother decided not to do a shower so who knows if we will end up receiving gifts from his side after his or her birth.

Also, you asked about setting everything up... we set up our Pack N Play initially because DH wanted to learn how to do it but because we have a few weeks we decided to take it down for now.  But at least he has a practice run at putting it together so he can do that before we come home from the hospital if need be.  We did set up our swing, bouncy seat and stroller.  Finally, in the next week or so we are hoping to have our car seat installed.  We have other things that need to be assembled but the baby won't be using them for awhile so they are staying in the boxes for now and being stored in our basement (e.g., high chair, exersaucer). I figure if we have room for it we might as well get everything set up now but if it's just going to be in our way we can wait a bit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy:
    Summer - we went and bought the remaining "essentials" on our registry the weekend after the shower.  Trust me I would have gone sooner if BBB wasn't an hour away.  We still left some things on there that we don't need but want just incase we have people that want to get a present after the baby is born.  DH's mother decided not to do a shower so who knows if we will end up receiving gifts from his side after his or her birth. Also, you asked about setting everything up... we set up our Pack N Play initially because DH wanted to learn how to do it but because we have a few weeks we decided to take it down for now.  But at least he has a practice run at putting it together so he can do that before we come home from the hospital if need be.  We did set up our swing, bouncy seat and stroller.  Finally, in the next week or so we are hoping to have our car seat installed.  We have other things that need to be assembled but the baby won't be using them for awhile so they are staying in the boxes for now and being stored in our basement (e.g., high chair, exersaucer). I figure if we have room for it we might as well get everything set up now but if it's just going to be in our way we can wait a bit.
    Posted by clc51510

We did the same thing as far as storing things that we won't need for a while. I just spent some time putting together the diaper genie and going through all the sheets & blankets and starting to wash them. I fear that if I go into a crazy nesting thing as I get closer to delivery I'll just wash them again, but oh well...

I think DH agreed to open up the stroller system and check it out...the box has some damage so we want to make sure it's ok. Then I guess we'll just keep it in the basement for now too (wish we had a garage :(  )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Cici - Congrats on making it to the halfway point.  I feel the same way as summer does, it took forever to get there but then the time flies by.  Also its too bad to hear about your dog.  I could not imagine having to make the decision of giving up my pugs...I really feel for you.

AFM - Im 29 weeks today.  I heard from the doctor since my gestational diabetes test and I'm anemic.  So I now have to take 2 irons pills a day and increase my iron intake from food.  Maybe thats why Ive been so tired lately.  I just thought it was becasue I am pregnant.  The baby has been really active in the last few days and then I dont feel him for a few days or it seems that way.  Yesterday I could actually see him moving from outside my belly which was cool and weird at the sametime.  Today I have hardly felt him. 

My shower is this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.  I am going to look for something to wear tonight after work.  Hopefully Ill find something!  Unfortnately I wont be able to go out and buy the rest of the stuff we wll need for the baby, like summer and clc, I would LOVE to though...Our house is still under construction and I dont know where we are going to find room for the baby shower loot!  haha.  At the rate the DH and BIL are going this baby will be here long before our upstairs will be complete.  LOL

We still havent decided on a name for this baby boy and everyone keeps asking.  I call out names to DH and he doesnt like anything I suggest but doesnt offer any suggestions either.  MEN!  He only likes traditional names. I guess Im not really that worried about it because we still have 11 weeks to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

37 1/2 weeks here.  Ok, everyone's posts has me nervous b/c we have done very little to prepare for #2!!  I think we will put the crib together tonight.

u/s today showed that DD is probably 7 lb 12 ounces already.  Well, that seems like it is an improvement from DD #1 who was born at 9 lbs 8 ounces.  We will see!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Cici - Congrats on making it to the halfway point.  I feel the same way as summer does, it took forever to get there but then the time flies by.  Also its too bad to hear about your dog.  I could not imagine having to make the decision of giving up my pugs...I really feel for you. AFM - Im 29 weeks today.  I heard from the doctor since my gestational diabetes test and I'm anemic.  So I now have to take 2 irons pills a day and increase my iron intake from food.  Maybe thats why Ive been so tired lately.  I just thought it was becasue I am pregnant.  The baby has been really active in the last few days and then I dont feel him for a few days or it seems that way.  Yesterday I could actually see him moving from outside my belly which was cool and weird at the sametime.  Today I have hardly felt him.  My shower is this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.  I am going to look for something to wear tonight after work.  Hopefully Ill find something!  Unfortnately I wont be able to go out and buy the rest of the stuff we wll need for the baby, like summer and clc, I would LOVE to though...Our house is still under construction and I dont know where we are going to find room for the baby shower loot!  haha.  At the rate the DH and BIL are going this baby will be here long before our upstairs will be complete.  LOL We still havent decided on a name for this baby boy and everyone keeps asking.  I call out names to DH and he doesnt like anything I suggest but doesnt offer any suggestions either.  MEN!  He only likes traditional names. I guess Im not really that worried about it because we still have 11 weeks to go.
    Posted by pugslove

I've heard that iron supplements can make you really constipated, so maybe try drinking more water and adding some more fiber just to prevent any...issues.

People have been asking us about the name too. We have a short list but haven't shared it with anyone and won't share until she's born and we pick one for sure. However, I'm not really in love with any of our choices....DH hates the names I love and vice versa, so picking one of those would be a win-lose situation...I suppose we have to pick one we can both live with but don't  necessarily "love". This makes me so worried that on delivery day I either a) really won't like any of the choices or b) won't be able to just pick 1 of the 3-4 we like.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy : I've heard that iron supplements can make you really constipated, so maybe try drinking more water and adding some more fiber just to prevent any...issues. People have been asking us about the name too. We have a short list but haven't shared it with anyone and won't share until she's born and we pick one for sure. However, I'm not really in love with any of our choices....DH hates the names I love and vice versa, so picking one of those would be a win-lose situation...I suppose we have to pick one we can both live with but don't  necessarily "love". This makes me so worried that on delivery day I either a) really won't like any of the choices or b) won't be able to just pick 1 of the 3-4 we like.
    Posted by summerbride09

In the paperwork that the doc sent it said that I could get constipated.  I am able to take a stool softner if needed.  I have been tryong to eat more fiber.  I am loving raisin bran right now, which kills 2 birds with one stone.  I guess we will see. 

I agree picking a name is really tough.  Maybe when you deliver the baby and see her the name will come to you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Summer, with DD, I just kept running off names I liked until he stopped rejecting them outright, and then we stopped.  I love our daughter's name, but it was definitely a compromise.  We're now in the same position, waiting for #2.  We're all set with a boy name, but once again, the girl name is tough...and I haven't hit on any he likes yet. 

AFM, almost 23 weeks along and just got put back on BP meds after yesterday's app't.  I was on them from about 25 weeks with DD, and my OB and MW had said it would be likely that I'd need them again around the same time, so it's not a surprise.  All the other tests/bloodwork is good, and baby has a strong heartbeat (145 yesterday) and is growing well, so I can handle taking a pill twice a day! 

It's a really busy/stressful time at work, too, so I'm sure that didn't help my BP.  Now back to being good about the sodium and water intake and my afternoon walks - stress at work means I've been bad about all of them this week - and looking forward to next week when works settles down a bit. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi All,

I didn't want to report in until I was feeling better, and I am!!! Like, almost 100% better. My therapist is amazing and is really helping me come up with a week by week plan. I am actually EXCITED to meet my little girl now :)

I am 28 weeks tomorrow and can't believe I only have 12 weeks left! My lower back is starting to ache and like Summer, I am having some pretty bad heartburn, but other than that feeling good. Although I have noticed that I can't eat too much at one sitting or I feel disgustingly full and then nauseous. So, I have been trying to eat small meals every three hours.

Right now, DH and I are down to two names, he likes one, I like one, so we are going to choose once she gets here.

I hope everyone else is doing well! I can't believe we are all so close :)

Again, thanks for checking in with me, it means a lot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's so great, Liz!!  We've been thinking of you.  I was pulling for that month mark for the meds to really be effective.  (I remember that being one hell of a long month.)  Congrats on getting through it one day at a time!!  So grateful for the update and the great news!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Liz - that's great news!!  you are going to have a lucky little girl, having a mom who was proactive and smart about taking care of herself.  GL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

It's so great to hear such wonderful news, Liz! 
    Good luck coming into the home stretch!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Liz - great news! I'm so happy that you are feeling better.

Pugs - enjoy your shower this weekend!

We are still not really talking about names much. Well at least we have determined what the last name will be so I guess we're 1/3 of the way there!

Anyone having any weird cravings lately? All I ever want to eat is pineapple and popcorn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - glad to hear from you and it's great knowing you're feeling better.  I hear you with the small meals and feeling nauseous.  It seems to be a fine line for me and I'm still figuring it out.  Too large of a dinner and I'm feeling sick all night and too small and I wake up in the middle of the night starving.  It's all a balancing act and I've learned to keep tums next to the bed!

Pugs - enjoy your shower! Hopefully the weather holds out for you.

As for names, I think we're all set with our names.  We definitely have our boys name and I love it.  As for our girls name, we've had one picked out for two years and I love it and DH is starting to waiver.  Makes me nervous for what's going to happen in the delivery room.  I do believe that once you see your LO you'll know if the choice you've made is right or not. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Liz- What great news!  I am so glad you are feeling better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I echo all of the congrats to Liz. I hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy in happiness & health!

Cici- I was just thinking about 5 minutes ago how I haven't had any weird cravings at all. In fact I'm a little disappointed I haven't had the chance to send DH out on an emergency craving run Tongue Out I will say that during my entire pregnancy, the few things I've wanted a lot of are milk (some days I will drink up to 5 glasses...) and D'Angelo's turkey pokkets. I've only had a few of those though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Our LO is due one month from today!!  I've started to experience some anxiety, usually at night when I'm getting into bed, because I don't know when this baby will decide to join us.  I'm such a planner so knowing that at any moment my whole world could change is starting to get to me.  Are others that are in the home stretch feeling this way?

LIL - you're next up, right?  How many weeks left for you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I am 28 weeks now....so 12 more weeks, craziness!

Clc, I have felt anxiety the whole time, so I know how you feel! My therapist suggested listening to my iPod when getting into bed to keep my mind off all the baby stuff, and it just relaxes me. Maybe you could try that? Also, you and DH are completely prepared, it seems like you have everything, so he/she could make her appearance at any time and you will be all set to go!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Liz.  You're right we are prepared so I should try to relax some.  I think it's happening at night because it seems most people go into labor at night.  So when I get into bed I'm thinking "Oh is this it? Will it come tonight?" and then add in the Super Moon on Saturday and I was all freaked out.  It's interesting because I'm totally ready for the baby to get here it's just wrapping my head around the fact that I have no control over the timing that I'm struggling with.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Liz, so good to hear that you're feeling like yourself again, and that you've got tools and help to make sure you stay that way!

I'm 23 weeks today.  I feel like since I hit 20 weeks, all of the sudden it's moving fast! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

CLC- with 38 days to go til my due date I've had some of the same thoughts- like "what if I go into labor tomorrow?" I think the issue is more preparing myself mentally for labor...I'm so scared when I think about itSurprised We have most of the baby stuff ready except for washing and organizing the rest of her clothes, packing the rest of my hospital bag (what's left is mostly things I will have to grab last minute- ipod, camera, etc), and getting carseats inspected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everyone is hanging in there.  LIL and CLC and, can’t believe you’re almost there!  How are you both feeling?  Liz, so glad you’re doing so much better.  Luv, sorry about the BP… but glad to hear that your LO seems to be thriving just fine.

I think I'm about 26 weeks (I keep losing track) and we are having difficulty, like some of you, in the name department. I'm pretty sure that this little guy will not have a name right away.  I think we'll need to see him and maybe spend a day with him before deciding.  We just don't have any that we *love*.  We have a bunch that we like.

I think I'll be struggling through the next 14ish weeks.  I'm just so cranky so much of the time.  Partially because I'm done with our current living situation.  And although it helps to know that it's only for 6 more weeks, it's still 6 more weeks.  Like this morning, I come down to DD standing 2 inches in front of the TV watching commercials, full volume.  With MIL and FIL sitting there on the couch.  Um... hello??!!  So I took her away, downstairs to see Daddy and kitties (and was late for work because of it).  I wanted to grab the remote and turn off the tv, but didn't.  AND, it wasn't even that they were watching their morning routine TV - it was on the Sprout channel!  So they specifically put it on for her!  I don't know what else I can do, considering I've already said several times that I want her TV limited.

Sorry, will stop venting.

Sections
Shortcuts