May Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: May Pregnancy

Ha, Medford, that is great and so true!  I was cranky much of Mothers' Day Morning because DD and DH came and woke me up at 8:30 (I had been up several times the night before with restless DD who only wants me), when ALL I wanted was to be left alone!  then DD screamed when I wouldn't immediately come downstairs.  Fun start to the day. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE] cwagner - this is for you, after your comment about your toddler climbing into the tub.  :) http://crappypictures.com/2012/05/how-to-show-appreciation-on-mothers-day.html
    Posted by medfordcc[/QUOTE]

Last year on Mother's Day I p**ped in the MIDDLE of the day with the door closed and DH took DD outside so she couldn't bang on the door and scream to let her in.  It was awesome, simply awesome.  Also, because he saw from that one interaction what he takes for granted (all he has to say is "Daddy needs his privac" and he can retreat to some random room and play with his ipod for 20 minutes if he wants, she thinks that's totally acceptable!) he has since on NON Mother's Days assisted in helping create a closed-door environment for me when I really need one.  Awesome awesomeness haha.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Oh man we have so much to look forward to...

AFM, it's a sad day, the elastic in my jeans has finally decided to quit.  Every hour or two it's retreating to below my belly.  I guess with only 3 weeks left I shouldn't be complaining but it is annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

clc- Mine do that, too. Especially when I walk, my pants will ride DOWN and I have to hike 'em up every 5 minutes.

My newest symptom that I am getting....foot & ankle swelling! Only took me til about 35.5 weeks but it's finally hit me. Especially in the past 3-4 days, by the end of the day my ankles look like baseballs :(   I'm on my feet for most of my work day so it's hard to prevent. At least now I have a visible symptom to accompany the nearly unbearable foot pain I've already been having for months!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

I loved that post, medford!:) Yep, clc, you will encounter lots of situations like that!

Lissa, I totally hear you - DS would follow me into the shower or bathroom whenever he can. Luckily, he is cool with my dashing up the stairs for the bathroom while DH watches him, so I do get a reprieve there. But... there are times (usually early morning or towards bedtime), where if I am lying down, DS will have his hand on my belly even if he is reading a book or playing with a toy with his other hand and firmly tell me "No Mama!" with a sharp dig into my belly button if I tell him I have to get up. I am dying to see what happens when #2 starts kicking strong enough against his fingers...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Ok, just a quick post.  Baby out, doing well.  Holy cow.  I don't think I should even get credit for that delivery.  It took a long time to get my cervix to 5 cm.  Then I was told I was at 5 cm and I was thinking, hmmm... I don't think so.... and 43 minutes later DD #2 was out and delivered.  I think I pushed for about 15 minutes as opposed to 2 1/2 hours with DD # 1.  She was 8 lbs 7.6 ounces.  It is an adjustment to have two that is for sure and breastfeeding is still difficult for me given questionable supply which lead to me having to stop with DD #1.  Hopefully, things pick up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Congrats LIL, I was thinking of you this weekend and glad all went fairly well! Hope the breastfeeding and adjustment at home gets easier!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, CONGRATS!  15 minutes?  That's awesome!  I bet your supply will pick up in a few days and then stay up easier given 2 LO's are taking advantage. :)  Take care and best wishes!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats, LIL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Congrats LIL!  I hope I can only be as lucky as you!  15 minutes! 

Went to the doctors Friday afternoon and found out LO is breach still.  Ill be 32 weeks on Wednesday.  If he doesnt turn around then Ill have to have a scheduled c-section.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Im scared.  I guess either my belly will hurt or my v-j will hurt.  I still have time for him to turn.  Im hoping for the best.  My doctor recommended a prenatal message and a specific women and as it turns out I already have an appt to see her.  Also she said something about an aversion? (sp?) Has anyone had one of these.  I need to do some research. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats, LIL! Hope you are feeling well and getting settled in nicely.

Pugs, crossing my fingers the baby will turn for you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

pugslove - the procedure is called external versioning, and what they do is push on your uterus to turn the baby into the correct (head down) position. I had one with DD but much closer to the end - at 32 weeks you still have plenty of time.

If it comes down your LO still being breech at 36-37 weeks, you can schedule one with your OB, and they will try and turn him. If it gets to that point I can tell you more about what it was like for me, but I honestly think you still have plenty of time, so I wouldn't stress too much.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congratulations, LIL!  15 minutes sounds pretty perfect!

Pugs - there are some websites that explain positions that you can try at home to get the baby to turn.  I think a few ladies on here have used those techniques before so it's worth a shot.  I think you have plenty of time until it becomes an issue though!

AFM, the baby has dropped again in the past day or two which I know is a good thing but makes sitting at a desk all day very uncomfortable.  Friday is my last day in the office and I can't wait.  I would much rather be at home working in my PJ's.  For the ladies that have done this before did you resort to cat naps in your last few weeks?  I've had a lot of trouble sleeping through the night because I can't stay comfortable.  I was able to nap for an hour and a half yesterday afternoon which was great but today I'm struggling because I was up every hour or so last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Pugs, I hope you get to have the type of delivery you were hoping for, but just wanted to try to alleviate your fears a bit about c-sections, in case you do have to have one.  It is scary to think about, I agree with you. I didn't want one either, but ended up with one unexpectedly and the procedure and recovery went fine.  And I would imagine a scheduled one (which I have to have this time) would be even smoother, since it can sometimes complicate things if you push first (as I did with DD).  But, even still, I was up and around on day 2.  It really was not nearly as scary/bad as I had imagined.  But good luck with the versioning if you do try that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

pugs, my DS #2 was breech until 35 weeks and then he spun himself around and stayed that way. There's still time for the bub to make a final move. When I was waiting around, I checked out some of the advice on spinningbabies.com, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thanks everyone for the advise.  I know I still have time for him to move on his own. 

Kiwi - I just found that website.  Ill have to read more into it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Congrats Lil!  Glad to hear it all went well.
    Pugs - baby to be was breech till 34 weeks then spun him/herself.  I spent a lot of time on all fours from 32 to 34 weeks - not sure if that helped but I read somewhere it does.  Sure did not hurt.  Well until baby spun then my pelvic bone felt like I had been kicked by a horse.  but now at 37 wks that has eased up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Pugs - FWIW my DD was breach until about 36 weeks and she ended up turning on her own. Good luck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Congrats Lil! Hope everyone is settling in nicely.

Pugs- hopefully your LO turns soon...like others said, you still have plenty of time. If I'm not wrong I've heard of them turning even just a few days before labor.

AFM...is it wrong for me to have no shame that it's 3:13 in the afternoon, I'm already home from work in my PJs and sitting on the couch? DH and I have just been Go-Go-Go for the past few weeks between baby prepping and spending time together going out and doing things that now I'm realizing how little time I have left to just veg.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I finished the blankets for the triplets today.  Washed, folded, and ready for their arrival.  (Can you believe they are all the same color and dye lot?)  Now, on to matching preemie hats.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Summer, starting today, I am only working 8-3. My boss was noticing how exhausted I was getting around 2:30-3 and suggested it, and it is so nice. I get home around 3:30 and can either nap or just relax. I figure we deserve this now before the LO's come!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz and Summer I'm jealous, so jealous.  However I can't complain because this is my last full week in the office and then I'll be happily working from home in my PJ's until I go into labor.

Kar - those are absolutely beautiful.  Your friend and her triplets are very lucky!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, clc...I'm just so relieved to have them done!  One is a couple inches shorter than the other two.  I hope that doesn't cause problems someday...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Beautiful blankets, Kar!
    Liz, I'm so jealous of your new work schedule! I hope it really helps in the last few weeks.
    Clc - wow, almost there! How nice that you only have a few more days of going into the office.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Kar - Lovely. :)

CLC and Liz - yay for pj's and reduced schedules!

So, had my GTT last week, which was fine on the glucose side, but found out I'm anemic.  Started iron supplements, and in 3 days I feel like a completely new person.  I have been beyond exhausted for the entire past 7 months, barely able to function at work and at home, and just figured it was this particular pregnancy.  Now I wish I had thought to get my iron levels checked before 28 weeks!  I was actually wide awake at 10pm last night.  Too bad there isn't a second trimester blood draw to check for things like this.

Sections
Shortcuts