May Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Re: May Pregnancy

Kar those blankets are gorgeous! 
    Poppy - they should test I agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Poppy - glad you found out about your iron deficiency.  Hopefully you'll continue to feel better.  If I remember correctly awhile ago you also had a Vitamin D deficiency, right?  Are they monitoring that for you as well?

AFM, I feel like I was hit by a truck.  Up every 1 1/2 hours last night on the dot to pee.  So frustrating.  It doesn't help that my coworkers all keep saying "oh you can't do that, now's the time that you need the sleep."  I just want to yell at everyone that it wasn't on purpose. Grrr  as I told my DH the other day "don't poke the bear"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I'm 25 weeks and am just starting to get really uncomfortable sleeping...my hips start to ache after a while, and the frequent bathroom trips have started up again, and I"m now up to 4 pillows.  I had a snoogie thing last time and hated it...like the regular pillows better. 

Had another BP check yesterday and it's regulated back to the normal range on the low dose of meds (1/2 the dose I took last time around, woo-hoo!).  Because I'm seeing the perinatologist as well as my OB/MW, I realized yesterday that I'm already going to be in the every 2 weeks cycle for app'ts, which is so crazy.  The next 6 weeks are also our busiest in my work cycle, so I'm looking forward to July 1.

Kar, the blankets are gorgeous!  LIL, congrats on baby #2...love that it was an easier labor for you, and hope you're settling in.  FIngers crossed that nursing goes easier for you this time, too.  Poppy, I'd blocked out the GTT...I hated that drink...glad to hear you passed and that the iron deficiency has been identified and treated! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

clc - good memory!  even *I* had forgotten about that!  I'll mention it to my OB.

Luv - I think the GTT drink is different than when I had DD...  It seemed much easier to get down... you'll have to let me know if you agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

LIL - congratulations!!
    Kar - beautiful!!
    Poppy - glad you feel better!!
    :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations LIL!!

Poppy - I bet pregnant women overlook iron deficiency all the time.  They probably assume they should be exhausted and suck it up.  Glad to hear you're feeling better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, again, everyone.  I have another question about the work.  Here are the preemie hats, and I'm concerned that the open/lacy portion will defeat the purpose.  They are wool, but is that enough?  I've never had any experience with preemies (except that I was one, but that's no help!).

ETA:  Don't worry about them being already mostly done - I can whip up new ones in no time if you think it would matter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Kar, given that the babies are coming in July, I think they're going to be perfect!  Keeps their temp steady, but gives plenty of breathing room.  I know I had my daughter in hats all of her first winter (born 10/27 and hovered around 5 lbs for her first month or so), and would have loved something like that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I think they look great!  Also, I love that you're modeling it on an onion!  Is Hugh still lurking?  I believe she works in a neonatal ward so she might have a better idea of what's best for a summer preemie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Kar - the hats are really cute!  I too love that you are using onions as your model!  My DD was a summer premie (born July 2010 at 4.5 pounds).  When she was in the NICU this was the first type of hat that she ever wore.  I remember getting wheeled into the ward to see her for the first time and the nurses had put her in a green and white hat almost identical to the ones you are making.  Some hospital volunteers had made them and donated them to the NICU and it was perfect.  Her very first pictures were taken in that hat and I figured if the NICU nurses put her in it it must be just fine in terms of warmth, etc.  Your friend will love these!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Kar I think the hats are OK the way they are....especially if they are wool I think they'll still hold in enough heat, if they are even needed.

(unrelated) Quick question- what do you soon to be moms and new moms do with greeting cards you get? I have a whole stack of cards from our shower and don't know what to do with them. I'm tempted to just toss 'em, because ultimately I probably won't miss them and I despise clutter and accumulating lots of things...but there's a sentimental side of me that has a hard time doing that. I don't want to put them in a scrapbook or do any kind of crafty thing with them. Maybe I'll just can these and save some that we get when she's born?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm totally laughing at my onion - glad to give you a chuckle, too, and THANKS so MUCH for weighing in on the warmth/pattern issue.  I'll keep going with this pattern with confidence, now, knowing it's perfectly suitable for the purpose.  Priceless insight, ladies.  Thanks, again.

summer, I toss cards except those from people very close to us that have personal messages written in them.  (not new baby, of course, but Christmas, wedding, etc.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Summer - I haven't decided what to do with shower/new baby/birthday cards yet, but for now I have saved them.  At my shower, there was a card box, so I have kept them in there along with instruction manuals and warranty information.  The plan is that eventually I will put some of them in a scrapbook and recycle the rest...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Kar, the hats (and blankets) are beautiful!   I think they will be well-used by the family, very thoughtful of you.  One thing I want to point out is i'm not sure whether the dangling yarn on the hats is because you haven't finished them yet and it will eventually be cut off/tied into the rest of the materials or if it's meant to secure the hat under the baby's chin.  If it's the latter, I'd think about eliminating that part.  All newborn caps I've ever seen are just caps, no under chin string, which I think would be a choking hazard if it accidentally slipped into the baby's little mouth.  Let us know how the parents like them!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, rama - I appreciate knowing I'll get the full dope here!  I wanted to make sure they'd be warm enough, though, before I totally finished them.  I hate running in the ends, lol, but there won't be any strings on the finished hats. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Poppy - I found out that I am anemic too after the test.  I am glad that you are feeling better.  I am still feeling very tired but that could be because I cant stop reading the "50 Shades of Grey" books.  I am almost done with book 2 and started the series less than a week ago!

Kar - Your blankets and hats are adorable.  What a special gift!  Im sure the mother to be will LOVE them.  

Summer - I am in the same boat.  Not sure what to do.  Ill probablly end up throwing them out but am holding on to them for now.  Sorry Im not more help!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer - I tossed all of mine.  I'm not a card person and I knew I wouldn't look at them again so it made sense to just get rid of them.  My DH on the other hand would keep every card he's ever received on the other hand.  Sometimes when he's not paying attention I just toss them out.

Pugs - I loved those books!  I read all three in 5 days.  Book 1 was okay in my opinion but book 2 and 3 were so good.  Enjoy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Summer - I tossed all of mine.  I'm not a card person and I knew I wouldn't look at them again so it made sense to just get rid of them.  My DH on the other hand would keep every card he's ever received on the other hand.  Sometimes when he's not paying attention I just toss them out. Pugs - I loved those books!  I read all three in 5 days.  Book 1 was okay in my opinion but book 2 and 3 were so good.  Enjoy!
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

I agree, the first one was a little slow but the 2nd is good!  Cant wait for the 3rd!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Poppy, I have my GTT on Friday.  My last pregnancy I was also diagnosed with iron deficiency and had to take iron pills in addition to the prenatals for the rest of the pregnancy.  I haven't been feeling as exhausted this time around so i will be curious to see if I'm anemic when they draw me on Friday.  I agree they should do a routine second trimester blood screen because this is obviously a common problem. 

I have been wanting to read the 50 Shades books for awhile, better get on that before DD #2 arrives and I have zero time for reading!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I saw Joan Rivers last night, and in the Q&A portion someone asked her about that book, and she said that it should be on the reading list of "every woman who still gets her period."  LOL!!  

Thanks, everyone re the hats - I really appreciate all your glowing compliments.  I've got a third set of hats (another size) almost done, and that will probably do it for the whole blanket/hats set.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Poppy - I'm glad you were diagnosed and the iron supplements are helping. I think I tested slightly anemic on my initial bloodwork @ 10 weeks but no one ever said anything about it. I guess it has to be pretty bad for them to do something?

Summer - I haven't had a shower yet but I typically toss cards after I've written thank you notes. Unless you are really sentimental and want to create a book or something, I'm not sure what else to do with them?

Kar - Those hats are so cute! Your friend will love your gifts :)

So just curious, when does pregnancy begin to get uncomfortable? I'm 24 weeks now and feeling really great so I'm just hoping that will last at least a few more weeks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

cici, thanks - I hope so.

And, when discomfort sets in and its severity is different for everyone.  Some people go right up to delivery day feeling great; I have a friend who ran 5 miles the morning of the day she actually ended up giving birth.  Others are uncomfortable, can't sleep, bloated to high heavens, and worse, the entire 9 months.  Take it as it comes. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Cici - Im at 32 weeks and starting to feel uncomfortable so hopefully you will still have a few more weeks to feel great!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Cici - I felt absolutely great until 41 weeks during my first pregnancy.  This time around, not so lucky.  I am almost 29 weeks and am very uncomfortable, and have been for quite a while.  I haven't even been able to easily go on short walks for the past couple of months.  I get so winded (even when sitting still) and get BH with even minimal physical exertion.  Hopefully you will feel good the whole way through!  About the iron - are you feeling unusually fatigued?  if not, I would agree with you that your deficiency must not have been severe enough for them to think you need supplements.  But you can certainly ask now about supplements, or wait until your GTT to see if your levels still come back low.

Interesting to hear your opinions on 50 Shades.  I've been trying to decide whether to pick it up... I keep hearing little details about is, some of which make me interested, some of which make me queasy.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts