May Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: May Pregnancy

Cici - I didn't have many major complaints until a few weeks ago.  And even then it was some good days and some bad days.  Now at 38 weeks I'm pretty uncomfortable, mainly due to the baby being really low and sitting at my desk is bothering me.  I'm definitely at the point where I just want this baby out.  In an effort to try all of the various home induction techniques I ate an entire can of pineapple this morning, drank red raspberry tea yesterday, have planned eggplant parm for dinner and scheduled a massage for Saturday morning.  My husband is withholding sex until this evening because he didn't want me to go into labor until he got through with his final baseball game of the season today.  I've been begging for days :)  Any other suggestions?

Poppy - take the plunge, 50 Shades was great. Be aware that you may end up very absorbed in the book and find yourself ignoring others.  I couldn't put them down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes poppy you should read them.  I'm half through the second one.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, last photo - the 4 sets of hats are done (3 in each pile)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Again, Kar, sooo adorable!  I'm jealous of your friend and her little ones.  We got a homemade hat from one of DH's student's grandmothers which was very nice of her but she made a bonnet which really for a summer baby won't get the same use as the ones you made. I'm sure they will look adorable!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks so much, clc.   I think it's sad that people make things that won't fit by the time they are useful...so much work.  That's why I hardly EVER make clothes for kids.  I'm almost embarrassed to have posted, again, but figured I owed you guys one of the finished product.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Cici- I think like most things with pregnancy, it's different for everyone. However, I can echo what CLC said. I'm now 37 weeks and was pretty much OK until 30 or 32 weeks. At that point, the heartburn kicked in full time and I had to start taking Zantac twice daily. I've had some discomforts for longer than that though, like shortness of breath and intense, constant foot pain.

I really hit my "wall" though, at 35 weeks. That's when it became REALLY uncomfortable to bend over, attempt to put shoes on that I couldn't just step into, roll over in bed, get up off our couch, etc. That's also when my feet and ankles started to swell. I'm 37 weeks today, and in the past week or so I've also developed numbness in my hands, pain in my hands and forearms (maybe some carpal tunnel syndrome?) and hot flashes. At least I assume when I have the intense urge to go throw myself into the 50-something degree ocean, it's a hotflash...even if I don't feel that hot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I can say that I started really feeling discomforts at 30 weeks. Heartburn, feeling like I have to pee all the time, and last night I woke up in the middle of the night to throw up because I ate too much at dinner.

I am already for her to be out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, my friend expecting the triplets can only eat very small meals, too, or she feels like she's going to hurl.  She started feeling that way very early, but that's par for the course, I guess, for having 3 in there.

I'm so glad to see you posting like your old self.  I know you said you still have ups and downs, but that's so natural for everyone, not just you.  I remember having an off day in the months after my medication started working for my depression and wondering (panicking a little) that the meds weren't working and I was in trouble, but I never was, it was just a bad day, you know?  If the meds took ALL anxiety away you'd be a too positive weirdo. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats LIL!!! So excited for you!

Kar those blankets are beautiful and the hats are adorable!! 

I've been reading the 50 shades books as well and they are really good.  I'm on book 3 now.  I say give it a try with book 1 and if you don't like it, then you don't like it.

I know I don't get to post often but wanted to share that DD arrived last Sat, May 19th!  We are very excited (well most of us DS isn't quite thrilled with her) to have her here with us. 

We went in after my water broke on Friday night and I tried to go vbac but ended up with a repeat c-section.  My body just doesn't seem to be able to do the natural labor thing and I stalled out at 4cm for over 6 hours and when they did a test to check if it was just that the contractions weren't strong enough and that I needed some help with pitocin they found that the contractions were plenty strong enough it was just my body.  The baby was doing great throughout (different from DS who had a lot of heart decelerations) but she was starting to struggle. DD was 9lbs. 5 oz. (totally shocked me) so in a way I'm glad I didn't have to push her out.  We are doing great with the breastfeeding - so much easier the second time around!!

Good luck to those of you on deck!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Congrats LLLE!!  good luck with DD and hopefully DS will come around soon and be an awesome big bro :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, LLLE!!!   9+ lbs, wow!  Best wishes as you recover and enjoy the newest addition to the fam.  Thanks, too, re the blankets and hats. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congratulations, LLLE!  Enjoy your new addition, I'm sure your DS will come around soon :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congratulations, LLLE! Hope you have a quick recovery!

Thanks everyone for the input. It sounds like if I'm feeling good now I should hopefully have another 6 - 8 relatively comfortable weeks. I'll take that!

Anyone have fun plans for the long weekend?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

LLLE - Congrats on your baby girl!  Im sure in no time DS will love his little sister!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats on DD, LLLE!  Hopefully it won't take long for DS to come around.  Sorry you weren't able to vbac (I think the exact same thing would happen to me if I tried), but glad everything worked out and you're all doing well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Congrats LLLE!

Who's on deck next?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

COngrats, LLLE!

Ugh, I had my 36wk appointment yesterday.
    I had that blood pressure thing last time and I did what they said and went to the pharmacy self-check station and checked every day for a week after the last checkup and it was fine, so that resolved itself.  It was fine yesterday at the doctor's office too.

BUT.  The baby had been vertex, head-down, since 5 months or so and then now it is breech.  I'm almost certain it happened the night before last (night before my checkup!).  I got up to pee and I felt this really weird, almost painful but more just weird and uncomfortable wave-like feeling and then since that point the kicking has been totally different. So now we have to deal with waiting for it to flip back on its own (I'm doing that weird headstand thing from spinningbabies.com every night and morning trying to get it to flip on its own).  At my 38 week they'll do an ultrasound and if it still hasn't flipped my OB is going to try to an external version and get it to flip.  I'm a great candidate for it and she said she's fairly confident it will work.  Then we'll just have to hope it doesn't flip back on its own.
    She said she knows I really don't want a C section.  I had been hoping to do totally natural and have a drug-free labor and not induce or anything, just like last time.  She said if worst comes to worst if I agree to an induction they can do a version again at 39.5 weeks and then immediately induce before it can flip back (doing a version that late usually leads to labor anyway, apparently). 

Hopefully the baby will flip on its own and I won't even need the version, or at least it will work at 38 weeks and then stay head-down.

All of this is freaking me out because I am not officially worried about going into labor early and having to have a c-section, not to mention going into labor early and not being ready to leave work.  I just had 84 research papers handed in to me.  seriously, 84 (thanks to the 2 kids who passed nothing in--just have to call home and inform the parents but that's 2 papers I don't have to grade, at least).  Plus they've got powerpoint presentations they're giving next week. 

I just have to buckle down and grade them all in the next 2.5 weeks.  Then their final exams are the 13th.  Once I grade the final exams I can relax a bit.  If they were to induce and do a last-minute version at 39 weeks, that would be on the 14th or 15th.  My real due date is the 22nd.  I can totally do this.  No need to panic. at all. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

CLC -
    n1pple stimulation.  Worked for me with my first.  As soon as I stopped, contractions slowed.  DH will probably be willing to assist, but only for so long before losing interest haha. I definitely ended up watching TV and just absentmindedly tweaking away.  Within an hour or so I had contractions. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

clc - for what it's worth, I went into labor after having a pedicure (with extra massage because I was 41 weeks at that point) and Indian food.  I'm sure a pedicurist wouldn't mind if you tweaked your n!pples during the treatment.  While eating spicy food with the other hand.

Lissa - deep breaths!  You can do it!  Like everyone said to pugs, you still have time for baby to turn, and it sounds like you have lots of alternative plans in place to help if baby is unmotivated.  Good luck with the papers!  At least you will have a distraction!  (I hope they are somewhat interesting!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml26202. Show ml26202's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]CLC - n1pple stimulation.  Worked for me with my first.  As soon as I stopped, contractions slowed.  DH will probably be willing to assist, but only for so long before losing interest haha.[/QUOTE]

Gosh Lissa, that's really generous of you to offer your husband to help bring on CLCS labor. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

LLLE - congrats on #2, I think our #1s are very close in age - late August, 2010?

Sections
Shortcuts