May Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: May Pregnancy

Thanks everyone for validating my fears of loving the second.  I know it is normal but still so hard to believe.  I found the beginning bonding hard with DD#1 I think mostly b/c she was so sick - i.e. the first couple of weeks so I get a little worried because I am so in love with her now I wonder how I will feel about the baby.  I am starting to get excited though to meet her!

Summer - I don't know how high you are talking but unless it is off the charts I wouln't worry one bit and just recheck when you are not pregnant and are fasting.

CLC - I am the BH queen.  I would have gone to the hospital SO many times if />4/hr was my cut off.  However, I think you should call and if there is a change in the quality as well, it definitely makes sense to get checked out.

Kar - Oh yes, just one more perk to being 40!

BTW it is really cool because I can feel and see the baby breathing inside of me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: May Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: May Pregnancy : How did my post end up here? I posted this in the Patriots forum and was wondering where it went, so I went into my history and found it here! Lol Anyway sorry for the interuption and best wishes with your pregnancies and Happy Mothers Day!
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you, by the way.
    ~football fan mama :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

For those of you who can't choose a girl's name, you can have mine, since I won't be using it:  Caroline. 

And my other:  Laura Elizabeth (yup, named for Laura Ingalls Wilder, who was Laura Elizabeth Ingalls before her marriage to Almanzo Wilder - and THAT goes in the "things I didn't need to know" column....)

Now, my boy's name:  Daniel (yes, named for Daniel Striped Tiger from Mr. Rogers - hey, you're lucky there isn't a boy named X the Owl out there!)

Ha, like it's that simple, right?

But you're on your own for middle names because I don't have one and figured I'd never need one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Oh, Kargiver, they are beautiful!  And I love that you made them with the same yarn (how beautiful, a blend of cream and yellow) but they are in different patterns so the children can know which is their special "Aunt kargiver" blanket!  now you just have to find a 3rd pattern... 

I made each of my sister's children blankets like these, and especially my neice loved it, called it her 'Aunt CT.DC blanket' and it went everywhere - I'd made it out of the baby blanket yarn that can be washed so it was easy to let her have it like that because it could go in the washing mashine (no way a mother has time to hand wash blankies!)

My nephew liked his blanket but never like my neice loved hers. 

Such a special gift. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lil, yeah, "one more perk," LOL.

CT-DC, thanks so much!  Indeed, I must find another pattern now that the second one is nearly done.  Maybe a "sharp chevron" which if you knit or crochet know is a fancy way to say "super wavy." ;)  These are 100% Merino wool, but they are easy-care, too; moms barely have time to do wash in the machine let alone in the sink!  They are all ecru - my camera isn't so great with replicating colors inside, the flash washes things out and no flash makes ecru look yellow.

Do you knit or crochet?  I bet your nephew loved his blanket just as much as his sister, but you know boys can be less demonstrative about such things so as not to look like a baby, ha ha.

Xtheowl could have worked, lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Just wanted to hop over here and say Good Luck tomorrow LIL!!  So exciting.  I remember you announcing your BFP!  And I absolutely LOVE the name you have selected, Adelyn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

CT - those were names I proposed for this time around (or Elizabeth Laura) but other than Elizabeth my dh was not a fan.  He is a fan of all the names ending in "anna."  I like a simpler name as our last name as a bit of an "air" to it...
    Even Elizabeth is not in his preferred list :( 
    Good Luck LIL -
    As for Cholesterol - also there are two different types a good and a bad.  If the number was not broken out you can technically have a "high" number but it is the good that is high - some insurances do not break it out and just provide one number.  But many factors can raise your cholesterol  for a day - the past couple day's food intake, whether you fast, hormones etc.  Dont worry about it too much until you have your doctor do a fasting test that breaks out the two different types.  Insurance health tests are typcially very basic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Lissa – hope the BP issue resolves itself – you don’t need that stress!  I’ve often wondered what mine would look like if I took it immediately after commuting in rush hour traffic...

Liz – I am also considerably nauseous after eating these days.  I’d say it started around week 26 or so.  I have to eat only small meals.  Or, rather, I keep telling myself that’s what I have to do!  Sticking to it is another story.  Also, when we were in our 2 bedroom condo when DD was born, the bed in the baby’s room came in handy for when our moms stayed over (which they did a lot the first few weeks because I ended up with a c-section.)  The couch would have been ok too, but the bed was nice to have so that I could nurse in the living room (I actually really enjoyed my 2 and 4am private TV watching time those first few months) without disturbing anyone.

Luv – glad to hear you had the Mother’s Day plan you wanted!  I hope it was wonderful and that no one gave you a hard time.  Everyone else who celebrated – I hope you had a great day.  I, for one, learned that I really need to have actual plans on Mother’s Day.  We didn’t make any firm plans and I ended up sucked into the “trying to get DD to nap” void for almost 3 hours.  It was miserable.  I think she’s at a transition stage between 2 naps and 1.  She was taking one like clockwork around 10 or 11am every morning, but now she won’t.  So I kept thinking, “She’ll fall asleep any second…” for 2+ hours. 

CLC – I’m curious, did your OB say why you should call if you have >4 BH in an hour?  I think during the last 10 weeks during my first pregnancy, I had one whenever I walked anywhere, so depending on the day I could easily have more than 4 per hour.  Just curious if they said why (of course, I can’t remember how far along you are, I’m sorry… if you’re close to your due date, maybe that’s why).

AFM, I had my first work phone call in a VERY long time that made me cry today.  So embarrassing.  I deal with lots of unhappy people, many of them venting at me, and I can almost always deal with it fine.  So now my boss is tiptoeing around me.  Luckily, he was great about it and took the call from me when I couldn’t talk to the guy anymore.  I hate that feeling, though, after you’ve cried.  It’s hard to shake the rest of the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

LIL - thanks for the BH info.  I actually talked to the nurse on Friday and they said they are less concerned about the number of BH now that I'm further along (almost 37 weeks) but anymore than 6 in an hour and they would want to hear from me.  Poppy - the 4+ in an hour was a rule the OB gave me awhile ago but apparently that's more for if you're in the 2nd or early 3rd tri.

My coworkers just gave me a surprise baby shower.  It was so sweet of them and we got some great stuff! In general I'm not a fan of surprises but this was really nice.  We also got two handmade blankets that are beautiful (made me think of you, Kar).  They will be cherished for sure!

ETA:  Poppy - I'm very sorry you had a rough day at work.  Luckily the day is half way over now because it's not easy to get focused after something like that.  Also, happy belated mothers day to all you moms and moms-to-be!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, how nice!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I just wanted to pop in to wish you mothers and mothers to be a happy belated Mother's day!

I finally ready to come over to this side since we hit our 12 weeks mark Smile!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Welcome, Tomarra!  I was wondering when you would join us :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Congrats & welcome Tomarra!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats, Tomarra! When is your due date?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Welcome, Tomarra!  And good luck to Luckinlife tomorrow, too!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tomarra, congrats on the 12 week mark!  Guess you'll get out of hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kar is right it will be a thanksgiving baby or close to it.  Thank you for the good wishes.

Good luck LIL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Good Luck today LIL!  Please update us when you are upto it!

Tomarra - Congrats and welcome aboard!

Poppy - I hope today is a better day for you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck, LIL.  I hope everything goes smoothly.  Can't wait for an update.  I'm also a little jealous, I'm ready to meet our LO.  How can I still have three weeks to go???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml26202. Show ml26202's posts

Congrats to Tomarra and best wishes to LIL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I have perhaps a silly question, yesterday I felt like I had a few real contractions.  They actually hurt rather than the uncomfortable feeling that I associate with BH.  One happened in the grocery store while I was on the phone and sort of took my breath away then another a few hours later while at the dinner table but nothing since.  I've had several BH contractions since then but no pain associated with them.  Do contractions often come and go for days? Would you consider this any indication that labor is coming soon or is it possible that I still have weeks to go? 

Man I need to get my anxiety under control, you all are going to be sick of me by they time this baby arrives!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Liz - We have a queen bed in DD's bedroom.  We'll keep it unless we have another baby and they need to share a room.  It's a bit cramped, but she usually plays in the living and dining rooms and is mostly in her bedroom in the evening when she "reads" her books. 
    Having the bed comes in very handy.  When she was only a couple months old, sometimes I would lie down and take a nap while she was napping in her crib.  Or she went through a phase where she'd wake up in the middle of the night and only go back to sleep if I laid with her.  (Don't worry - only lasted a few weeks :o)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Good luck today LIL!

Clc - I have not been there so I can't offer you any advice but it sounds like you're getting close to meeting your baby! ETA: and happy 2 years! It seems crazy that our weddings were that long ago, it feels like yesterday...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks, ladies, and welcome, Tomarra!  congrats!

CLC - nothing since yesterday?  This didn't happen with me, but my guess would be that it is indeed possible for contractions to start like this, then for real labor to kick in a bit later.  Have you spoken with your OB's office or have a visit scheduled this week? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm headed there Friday morning so I will bring it up.  I will be 37 weeks on Thursday and they don't do internal exams until 38 weeks but I might push for one this week.  Not sure they will do it but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!