May Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: May Updates

It is a girl!   I am beside myself.  I am just so happy to see a healthy baby and this is the first time it really, really feels real!   The 3d pictures are amazing. 

Congrats IPW on your baby boy! I am sure it was just getting the right images.  My little one was moving all over the place so some of them took a while.  If they are in a bad position to see, there is not much you can do but wait for them to move.

I agree  - I can't imagine waiting and admire those who can!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

IPW and LIL, your excitement touches my heart :o)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

We're in the girl camp as well!  The ultrasound went great, it was so nice to have a solid 45 minutes to just look at her :), and all the measurments looked great.  Although I will say the 45 minutes went by rather quickly!  Now the task at hand is finding a bedding set that has minimal or no pink and purple in it.

We had no preference what so ever, but DH has always felt girl, I didn't until recently when I had my second girl dream, and even then it wasn't a strong girl feeling.  We're just so happy that everything looked good :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations Ant on your little girl!
    Thank you Fram!
    I don't even want to work today I am so excited.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

IPW, the same exact thing happened to me, they couldn't get one particular chamber of the heart on our "big" ultrasound, so I went back about 3 weeks later and they got it the second time around. Maybe they were lying to me, but they said it was no big deal and very common not to be able to get every chamber at the same time.

LIL & Antimony - Congratulations, May you both raise smart saavy girls!
    IPW and LostGrouse - May you raise smart and saavy boys! I am very happy for all of you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I haven't wanted to work in WEEKS because I just want to think about the baby and read about the baby and look at things for the baby!
    It's very bad because my work requires a lot of self-motivation.

Congratulations to everyone who has been getting exciting news about baby boys/girls, and I agree that I'm impressed by those who have the discipline to wait!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

IPW- just to second the posting by ML, I had the same experience. My bean actually wouldn't stop moving his arms, which was obstructing the view of the heart. However, in the end it was completely fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

They had to get another look at my DD's heart also... think about it this way, you get to go in for another look at your bean which you probably wouldn't otherewise, barring complications of course

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

A sort of strange thing happened over the last few days. My little bean stopped moving around as much as he or she has in the past. I might get a little kick or movement once or twice in the day, but I was getting used to once or twice and hour, so I was concerned.

Yesterday, I got up, had a regular breakfast and went out with my husband. Around 11 AM, I got amazingly tired, amaziningly hungry and AMAZINGLY B*TCHY! Ate a second breakfast, yelled and cried and then slept for three hours and woke up to....a very active baby. SmileMust have been a growth spurt of some kind.

Anyone else have something like this happen? I was all proudly thinking to myself as I read other posts "I'm SO glad my hormones aren't going crazy like other people" and BANG...crazy, crazy hormones this weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

ML, I was very proud, too, that my hormones seemed to be in check.  Then this morning I went to get gas and the pump was broken on the side I needed, so I had to pull around the other side and turn around.  As I was pulling up to the other side (before turning around), the attendant started yelling "No, no, it won't reach!"  And I, embarrassingly, first yelled back, "I KNOW!  I'm working on it!!!"  And then I burst into tears.

That poor guy... I apologized, but I feel like I might need a new gas station...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

IPW, I'm 32 weeks now and I find that you just get used to the belly.  I am still sleeping pretty well.  Of course, I have been tossing and turning since the second trimester, and still doing that...but, I am also getting good chunks of sleep in.  But, it probably depends on the person because I also have a friend that hardly slept at all in the third trimester.  She ended up with a little boy that was not a good sleeper....so she is of the mind that her body was getting her ready for her non-sleeper of a DS. 

Also, at least for me, your belly will go through growth spurts.  So, it may seem really big all of a sudden, but you might not feel like it will change much for a few weeks now.

I hope this helps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

IPW-I think it depends on the person. I'm 33 weeks and have recently noticed my belly getting in the way a little less than two weeks ago.  Recently, I've found it harder to pick up things on the floor sometimes I have difficulty getting up from the couch.  I'm actually surprised that its taken me so long to notice because I've mostly gained weight in my belly.  Sleeping hasn't really been a problem, but I've always been a side sleeper. I still get up once in the night to go to the bathroom (although its a little harder to get out of bed).  Prior to being pregnant, I did a lot of yoga and pilates and in my head I justify my 'ease' with the adjustment to a strong core (I'm probably in denial...its just a way to justify how the exercise has helped).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hi everyone - exciting news re: boys/girls etc!  IPW, hope you get used to your stomach.  :(  i need help - my feet/ankles are swollen - what the heck?  i'm not even 16 weeks?  does this mean something is wrong w/ me?  and is there anything i can do to stop it?  gross!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Stefani - you may have seen it by now, but there is a "help with swelling" thread here in the pregnancy forums that shouldn't be too far down from the top... I think the last post was yesterday or the day before.  Hopefully there will be some helpful info there!!  I'm sorry you're experiencing this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

16 weeks today!  I'm feeling better, although have started having trouble sleeping at night in the last week or so (before that, I think I could have fallen asleep on the sidewalk, I was always so tired!). 

Right now I'm just ready to pop, so that I look to the world as pregnant as I feel. This in-between thing, when no one can really tell, other than by guessing from lack of alcohol and caffeine consumption, is hard!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stefani - the swelling could be amplified from the heat.  My fingers are swollen and I'm not pg.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

ML -- that always happens to me.  If I say, "Wow, I'm really lucky that I haven't swelled up/become a basket-case/popped/had weird cravings/have all this energy!" I swear, the next day will find me with ankles the size of tree trunks, screaming at my husband, eating Indian food and washing it down with a brownie and peanut butter, and too tired to even try to button the pants that no longer fit.  EVERY TIME.   

IPW, I hear you on the bump worry.  Right now I am miffed b/c my bump is not a cute Buddha bump, but more of a B-shaped oddity.  My existing tummy chub has been redistricted to the northern projects,  while my belly button is fighting the inevitable, causing a pronounced dip.  And the worst part is that the few tummy grabs I've gotten have been the chub, not the bub, who is riding low. 

Stefani, definitely check out the swelling thread, which I have summarized to a personal mantra of Water, Work-out, Watermelon.  Basically, consume a frightening amount of water, get in at least 30 minutes of decent cardio and eat low-sodium foods, emphasizing fruits and veggies.  I swear, it helps.  The cardio seemed a bit counter-intuitive to me as my fingers used to get really puffy when I ran, but I notice a HUGE difference in my ankles on days when I work out v. those days I don't.  Like, I have them versus kind of losing them to a cankle situation.  For me, it's that pronounced.  I hadn't had any swelling (and said so, thereby bringing it on) but spend the weekend away with no workouts, eating out and probably not consuming enough water and bam -- I am my grandmother.   

In other news, not much to report for me -- 24 weeks tomorrow and still feeling good, minus some weirdo pregnancy side-effects that I posted about separately.  I am noticing that I need to proactively schedule down-time for myself ... I'm not good at that and tend to over-commit after work and weekends, which led to an epic meltdown Monday night, ostensibly about laundry, but I think it was more that we'd been straight out Thursday to Sunday and I had had it.  I am like a toddler.  I need naps and quiet time or I get cranky and whiny. 

Oh, and the other day I got so emotional with gratitude that I actually welled up writing my little note to the cleaning lady, and it was mostly praise for how much I appreciated her work, rather than "hey, could you change the sheets?"  I am a little embarrassed thinking about what her reaction must have been.  But seriously, I love her so much right now.  Best indulgence money I spend. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

GC - You shouldn't make pregnant women laugh so hard, I'm afraid I almost wet my pants reading your post. I'm the same - EVERY TIME I jinx myself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

When I walk outside, I come home and hold two ice cubes (over the sink) to help deal with the temporary puffiness.  That totally helps. 

IPW, I cannot tell you how bummed I am that it's not appropriate to announce good BM activity in polite society, because I am SUPER proud of myself when things are moving in that area.  It's like my own personal Olympics.  And, yes, my bump definitely is impacted by that type of thing.  I'm also bigger end of day than morning, which makes picking appropriate outfits a challenge. 

Someone just told me about a book called Spark (I think).  This is a friend who's studying to become a LICSW, so I think it might be an industry book, but it's all about exercise and how wonderful it is in managing all sorts of things.  I guess there's a whole chapter on exercise during pregnancy and how important it is, which triggered the e-mail.  Thought that was interesting. 

ML, I hope I didn't make you pee.  ;)  BTW, whenever I sneeze now, my husband yells "Kegel!" instead of bless you. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i had my 16 week US and amnio this AM.  everything went OK, but crossing my fingers i don't have any leaking or abdominal pain or any other side effects that would signal a problem.  they think it's a boy and a girl!!!  they knew the boy was def. a boy, and were pretty sure the other one was a girl - to be confirmed in a couple weeks by the 18 weke fetal survey and amnio results.  but - i am telling myself the girl is pretty likely a girl b/c they could DEF. tell the boy was a boy.  but, guess i shouldn't get tooooo excited yet.  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Stef...glad things went well this morning and I'm crossing my fingers for you that they're right and you're having a boy and a girl! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

IPW- great news!!

Last week- I had two excruciating days, where it literally felt like the little guy was eating my kidneys. I couldn't believe it, and everyone kept saying "well the kicks get stronger as you go" (now 31 weeks) and thinking I was either going to deliver Pele or the hulk in miniature form. But, things went back to normal after that (although the actual places I was getting kicked changed.)  I just had another check up this AM, and he turned!! I am now "locked and loaded" which also explains some of the discomfort when seated in certain positions- horrible now that when I plop down, I may be crushing my baby's head in my pelvis.  But so happy I don’t have to try the crawling on all fours thing that I learned about in birthing class.

About the size concerns- In some ways I feel uber huge a lot of the time- and I have people telling me "no way your are going to make it another 9 weeks" BUT I don't feel huge, and actually still find myself bumping into things sometimes (I was the one who got lodged in the bathroom stall a few weeks ago).  There certainly are some things (like trying to tie your sneakers) that have become difficult, but I think that since it is kind of gradual, despite the aforementioned spurts, it doesn’t feel as extreme. However- that said- my husband clearly thinks that I am getting humungous. I think that it is easier to wriggle to the front of the couch and then use my arms against my legs to stand up, and I find him pushing from behind now (hence the lack of “s-e-x appeal reported in the crazy symptoms post”) like literally pushing my rear. So I am guessing I am bigger than I think that I am. I am hoping (although I know it is wistful) that the loss of the belly happens more rapidly than 9 months
    J a girl can dream right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Stefani-That's great news about your u/s.  How cool would it be to have one of each?

Winter-I feel the same way about not feeling entirely huge but I know that I'm getting bigger.  The other day, a coworker asked me how many days do I have left and seemed surprised when I answered 7 weeks.  At my last doctor's appt., I'm measuring a few cm bigger (35 instead of 33) but nothing to suggest that I'll give birth in a few days!  I'm still surprised at what comes out of people's mouths. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Winter - I'm sorry I can't sympathize more, I have a bit of the opposite problem. I'm 27 weeks today and I feel like I don't feel ENOUGH movement.

The placenta is on my stomach, so that inhibits some feeling - and the babies hands and feet are on that same side. Still it worries me.

My Dr told me this week that by 30 weeks I want to feel at least 10 kicks or movements every two hours. I'm practically logging my baby movements. Heartbeat is great and they always comment on what an active baby I have in ultra sounds, but I am not feeling much!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

winter and nene - I have the same situation here, at 31 weeks.  People keep asking me how much longer and then looking shocked when I say it's 9 weeks.  Yesterday a woman said I looked "ready to go"!
    She also said I looked like I had dropped... I'm not really sure how I would know about that, but I definitely plan on asking my doctor about it next week!