measuring less than weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

measuring less than weeks

Hi,
    I'm wondering if any of you are going or have gone through this... I am 38 weeks on Wednesday. At my 37 week appointment I was measuring 34 cm and my Dr. said I had measured 34 cm since my 34 week appointment. So I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. I don't know how worried I should be... I googled it and read that causes for measuring small could be the baby has changed position or the placenta isn't providing enough blood flow or the baby isn't growing... At least I am full-term, so having the baby now is not a bad thing. I just really hope he is okay in there!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbracer39. Show tbracer39's posts

Re: measuring less than weeks

I had the same thing with my first son and I think it occurred around the same time as you. They gave me an ultrasound and everything was okay. The Dr. said I just carry the baby really close. Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

thanks tbracer! That makes me feel a little better. I know I'm carrying him really really low now so I'm hoping that's all it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Same here, also at the 37 week appt -- I got sent for an U/S and everything was fine.  My fluid level was a little low so I was supposed to drink a lot of fluid and rest a bit -- Had LO a week and a half later and she was 7.6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

Just to update -
    Baby is fine, very strong and healthy. He is small, she said he is in the 26th percentile, so she isn't worried. The U/S tech said he is around 6 pounds she thinks, but I know they are pretty inaccurate with their guesses. My dr. said he is small because I am a very small person. I'm just glad he is healthy and I hope he gains a little before he arrives!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leesee1981. Show leesee1981's posts

No kidding doctors can be wrong about birth weight!  I was told my daughter was going to be betwee 7 and 7.5 pounds, but she was born at only 6 lbs. 5 oz.  Glad all is well.