Misslily had her twins!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Misslily had her twins!

I had the twins last week.  Was able to deliver since DS flipped vertex at the last moment.
    Each slilghtly over 6 lbs and came right at week 37.
    Everyone is happy and healthy - I'm now the proud and exhausted mom of a beautiful baby boy and baby girl.
    Details to follow some day....
    Best to all
    Lily

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

Re: Misslily had her twins!

Hooray!!!!

So many congrats to you and your happy and healthy family. When have some time we would LOVE to know the details!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Yay! Congratulations, misslily! So glad to hear everything went well. Enjoy your babies (and hopefully a little bit of sleep, too)!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Congrats misslily!!!!!     So happy to hear baby turned last minute!!  Enjoy every single minute with your new little loves!!  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAY!!  Congratulations, Lily!!!  Can't wait for pics and more news.

Continued blessings on your family,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Congrats Miss Lily! I was thinking it was right about now. Hooray!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Oh, Miss Lily and Mr. Lily - Congratulations!  And both twins (Lilyettes) were over 6 lbs?????????  And you went basically full term?????  Oh. my. gosh.  You rock!  Now go nurse, sleep, nurse, sleep, nurse.....  and let someone else do the diaper changing! Congrats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yay!! Congrats, Miss Lilly!

What are the names, if you don't mind sharing?  I love hearing baby names.  :-) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

Congratulations MissLily! I was hoping we'd hear from you soon.  I'm so happy everything is going well.  Take care!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Ya Misslily!  I can't wait to hear the details...Congratulations!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

That's awesome! Enjoy!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Congratulations Miss Lily and Family!
    I wish you and yours all the best.  Enjoy your little ones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congratulations!  I was wondering...I almost posted to see if anyone remembered the date they had set for you.  So impressed that you were able to deliver twins with such healthy weights at full term.  I wish you, MrLily and the littleLilies all the best.  Enjoy every moment. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

CONGRATULATIONS!  I'm impressed that you were able to post at all.  I don't think I got back online for like 3 or 4 weeks after delivering just one baby.

Post more details when you can...we need to know the names. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

WOW - so happy for you!

I do not know if you remember Sarahbth (posted here)  Misslily,  but we bought a multi family  house together.  Her sister is a tenant in our extra space.  Sharing a house with a boy and girl 15 months  and  a boy and girl 18 months,  Sarahbth and her sister's twins,  is a complete joy.  As honorary aunt and uncle  they allow me and DH to take care of the little ones, often.  We love it.
    Healthy birthweight, too.  I'm so happy for you.  Of course, I expect they will be better mannered than average children, coming from you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

In Response to Misslily had her twins!:
    I had the twins last week.  Was able to deliver since DS flipped vertex at the last moment. Each slilghtly over 6 lbs and came right at week 37. Everyone is happy and healthy - I'm now the proud and exhausted mom of a beautiful baby boy and baby girl. Details to follow some day.... Best to all Lily
    Posted by misslily

Misslily I'm so happy for you!  I noticed you hadn't posted for a while and was wondering if you had your little ones.  I was happy to hear that you weren't "forced" to have a c-section after all :)  How is the nursing going?  I know you had asked about it a while back....  Remember:  whatever you decide is best for your mental health will be what's best for your babies.  Don't succumb to perceived pressure/expectations that you "should" feed your babies one way or another.  If nursing is going well, fantastic, but if it's not, don't be afraid to decide to pump and/or use formula and don't feel like you have to justify your decision to anyone.  If you have any questions or need to vent or just need some support, let me know.  Also, if you haven't joined a Mother of Twins Club (www.nomotc.org has a list of them), I highly recommend it.  The one I belong to has a listserv/email thing that is SO useful.  Anytime I've needed any advice or wanted to get something 2nd or 3rd hand (i.e. I got a double snap 'n' go for $30 from another MOT after sending an email asking if anyone had one they wanted to get rid of), all it takes is one email that goes out to literally hundreds of other twin moms.  It's really been a wonderful resource and I can't recommend it enough.  They also have a monthly "cope" meeting and other social opportunities to meet other mothers of multiples.  Best wishes to you over the next few weeks.  Take any help that's offered and enjoy this time with them.  Mine are 2 months now and just started smiling and "talking" and it makes the past two months of exploding diapers, simultaneous meltdowns, and lack of sleep completely worth it.  Keep us posted whenever you have a moment!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

In Response to Re: Misslily had her twins!:
    In Response to Misslily had her twins! : Misslily I'm so happy for you!  I noticed you hadn't posted for a while and was wondering if you had your little ones.  I was happy to hear that you weren't "forced" to have a c-section after all :)  How is the nursing going?  I know you had asked about it a while back....  Remember:  whatever you decide is best for your mental health will be what's best for your babies.  Don't succumb to perceived pressure/expectations that you "should" feed your babies one way or another.  If nursing is going well, fantastic, but if it's not, don't be afraid to decide to pump and/or use formula and don't feel like you have to justify your decision to anyone.  If you have any questions or need to vent or just need some support, let me know.  Also, if you haven't joined a Mother of Twins Club ( www.nomotc.org has a list of them), I highly recommend it.  The one I belong to has a listserv/email thing that is SO useful.  Anytime I've needed any advice or wanted to get something 2nd or 3rd hand (i.e. I got a double snap 'n' go for $30 from another MOT after sending an email asking if anyone had one they wanted to get rid of), all it takes is one email that goes out to literally hundreds of other twin moms.  It's really been a wonderful resource and I can't recommend it enough.  They also have a monthly "cope" meeting and other social opportunities to meet other mothers of multiples.  Best wishes to you over the next few weeks.  Take any help that's offered and enjoy this time with them.  Mine are 2 months now and just started smiling and "talking" and it makes the past two months of exploding diapers, simultaneous meltdowns, and lack of sleep completely worth it.  Keep us posted whenever you have a moment!
    Posted by Daisy75

Hi Daisy,
    My nursing story is almost the same as yours.  DS wouldn't latch at all at first and DD was latching badly.  My milk wasn't coming in fast enough and we had started supplimenting which added to their trouble latching. By day 4 or 5 the three of us were all tired, hungry and teary.  So I immediatly decided to pump and bottle feed.  All of a sudden we have happy babies that eat around every 3 hours.  And a much happier mom who doesn't want to slit her wrists. They're still getting breast milk and the feedings go much quicker.  And the formula keeps them full a little longer.
    I have a night nurse who comes three times a week and she told me that of the hundreds of twin moms she's helped over the years only two have been able to fully breast feed successfully.

Sorry not to give names...DH has a thing about me posting and doesn't want me releasing personal details. Suffice it to say that they are pretty classic - DS is named after family on both sides and DS has a "queen name" (think Catherine, Elizabeth, Victoria etc.) and my maiden name for a middle name. :)
    I will say that my water broke at 4:30am and by noon I was ten centimeters.  I pushed for 3 1/2 hours and they finally pulled them out with forceps.  Both born around 4:00pm - so I feel pretty lucky to have delivered in 12 hours. :)
    Feeling good - except for the lack of sleep.  I've lost 35 of the 50 pounds I gained already.  Mostly off my swollen feet I think! :)
    Hope everyone else is doing great.
    One tiny piece of advice for new moms.  Find a "going home" outfit that doesn't go over the baby's head.  I found it exhausting putting onesies on the twins for the first time and then having to put them in the car seats to go home. (two things I had never done)  I was tired enough just dressing myself.  So go find a little outfit that snaps in the front like a coat. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

In Response to Re: Misslily had her twins!:
    In Response to Re: Misslily had her twins! : Hi Daisy, My nursing story is almost the same as yours.  DS wouldn't latch at all at first and DD was latching badly.  My milk wasn't coming in fast enough and we had started supplimenting which added to their trouble latching. By day 4 or 5 the three of us were all tired, hungry and teary.  So I immediatly decided to pump and bottle feed.  All of a sudden we have happy babies that eat around every 3 hours.  And a much happier mom who doesn't want to slit her wrists. They're still getting breast milk and the feedings go much quicker.  And the formula keeps them full a little longer. I have a night nurse who comes three times a week and she told me that of the hundreds of twin moms she's helped over the years only two have been able to fully breast feed successfully. Sorry not to give names...DH has a thing about me posting and doesn't want me releasing personal details. Suffice it to say that they are pretty classic - DS is named after family on both sides and DS has a "queen name" (think Catherine, Elizabeth, Victoria etc.) and my maiden name for a middle name. :) I will say that my water broke at 4:30am and by noon I was ten centimeters.  I pushed for 3 1/2 hours and they finally pulled them out with forceps.  Both born around 4:00pm - so I feel pretty lucky to have delivered in 12 hours. :) Feeling good - except for the lack of sleep.  I've lost 35 of the 50 pounds I gained already.  Mostly off my swollen feet I think! :) Hope everyone else is doing great. One tiny piece of advice for new moms.  Find a "going home" outfit that doesn't go over the baby's head.  I found it exhausting putting onesies on the twins for the first time and then having to put them in the car seats to go home. (two things I had never done)  I was tired enough just dressing myself.  So go find a little outfit that snaps in the front like a coat. :)
    Posted by misslily

Hi Misslily,

I'm so glad to hear that you've found a feeding option that works for you and your family.  I know from my MOT group that ALOT of us go the pumping and supplementing with formula route.  I'm sure it's much more common among mothers of multiples than singletons.  I'm glad you were able to make the decision early and that it made a difference so quickly.  I know I felt SO relieved once I made that decision too.

You're lucky to have a night nurse.  I'm sure that's a huge help especially now that she can feed them at night while you sleep.  My mother comes over a few mornings a week to take care of the babies while I sleep for a couple of hours uninterrupted and she's been great about babysitting while we go out to dinner or even just to run errands.  She's anxiously awaiting the time when we're ready to let them spend the night at her house :)  I'm really glad that she lives nearby!

That's great that you weren't in labor all that long (though I'm sure it felt like forever while you were going through it)! 

I've lost 25 of the 45 pounds that I gained, but unfortunately, I haven't really lost more than a pound or two since coming home.  I haven't been trying, though, so that is probably a major factor.  I'm still wearing maternity pants which is a bit of a drag, but I'm able to fit into a few of my looser pre-pregnancy tops.  I do still wear maternity tops a few times a week though.  I tried to put on some of my pre-pregnancy pants the other day and couldn't even get them over my b u t t, so that was quite discouraging.  Looks like I'll be going clothes shopping before going back to work in September...hopefully it won't be too painful.

Try to get some rest and keep us posted on how you're doing!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Wanted to say "hi" to Whatawag - great to see you on the boards.
    The twins had a weigh in today and they are back up over their original birth weights.  Two weeks old today.

I've lost a whopping 40 pounds since delivering two weeks ago...only ten more to go.  I think I was FULL of water since I had such swollen legs... right up to my knees.  I have regular sandals on today for the first time in weeks! :)  Still in stretch pants since I still have a bit of a belly, but I'm okay with that.

Best to everyone still waiting!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Let me add my congratulations, too, Miss Lily!  So happy for you!!!  Glad to hear that everything went so well!  Lots of love to you and your precious babies! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Congratulations!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

What wonderful news!!

I love family names and I love classic names - and we love you!!!

AuntBeth

Sections
Shortcuts