Movements during pregnancy vs. activity after baby is born

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Re: Movements during pregnancy vs. activity after baby is born

DS was a wild boy when I was pregnant. when he was born everyone commented on how wiggly he was-my response "I know! What do you think the past few months have been like for me?!?"

While he was a wiggly one, he was rather content as an infant-he amused himself. He was also a low-sleep baby. meaning he'd take two or three half hour naps all day as a newborn-but mostly perfectly content!

When I was prengant I always woke up at 3am, and that was the time of night he woke up as an infant, and even now as a 2 year old if he wakes up, its at 3am.

Good luck in your last few weeks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

DD was an absolute crazy girl in utero.  She is now 6 weeks and is a decent but not great sleeper at night.  I am not sure there is a connection but I was looking into this too when I was pregnant because I was afraid with how active she was! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

My DS was pretty lazy in the womb is also pretty lazy outside too.  He never moved during the night at all when I was pregnant and currently only wakes to nurse and goes right back to sleep.  During the day he takes two naps usually between 2 and 3 hours each and without them he is a crank monster!!  So I don't know how true it is but I guess thinking about it now he is kind of like he was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Well my DS was pretty nuts inutero.  He was a big kicker and he's super active to this day.  He's very physical in everything he does and we finally broke down and got him one of those plastic climbing structures and it now lives in the middle of the living room.  He doesn't climb the furniture as much anymore.  Thank goodness we have a really giant living room.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

DD was very very active in my belly.  She NEVER stopped moving.  She has for the most part been a great sleeper since the day she was born and always naps very well.  She is almost 2 and just stopped twice a day naps. 

She is crazy now, but I am not sure she is anymore wild than the normal 2 year old.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from merilisa. Show merilisa's posts

My son did a heck of a lot of kicking upward inside me, much further upward than should have been technically possible for him to kick, but there it was and he is still an active boy at 9 months, especially in the legs.  He loves to kick!  It effected breastfeeding in that he would try to kick the breast that he wasn't eating from.  This led to me going to exclusive pumping (amongst other things)

Having said that, his sleep schedule is totally different than it was in utero.  It took him a little while to find his stride, but that happens with all babies.  He takes two big naps most days and sleeps a good stretch at night.  That isn't an issue for us.  Hope this info helps!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

Thanks to everyone for your comments, only two weeks until we meet our little one (hopefully!) so we'll see what is actually in store.  Activity has slowed down a bit, but I've been super sick with a very bad cough and thinking that the baby thinks all this coughing is enough belly activity for the both of us!  I was especially curious because when I carried my daughter, it felt like her hands were trying to slide down my legs all the time (it felt like her hands were in my pockets) then when she was born, she always slept with her arms/hands over her head (and still does if she's on her back).  With a 2 year old and a dog that acts like he's a 2 year old kid, this baby is going to have to be prepared, so maybe the high level of activity is really a good thing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

This thread has me hoping that there is a link between sleeping in utero and sleeping after birth... I haven't been woken up by movement (almost 30 weeks), so maybe she is sleeping through the night.  I know, I know, total wishful thinking :o)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie30. Show southie30's posts

In Response to Movements during pregnancy vs. activity after baby is born:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, So baby #2 will join the world in about 3.5 weeks (yikes! and yay!) - my one concern is that this baby does not stop moving.  Yesterday it was 6am-1am, constant moving, I had to unbutton my pants on my commute home because it was a circus in there.  My first had periods of the day with lots of movement and turning, but she rested a lot.  She's always been a good sleeper and soothed herself well.  I'm worried that all this activity might be a sign that #2 will come out ready to party, want to dance all night and need to be handled constantly.  My question, has anyone ever linked activity in the womb to activity after birth?  What's your experience if you had a disco womb baby?
    Posted by hotcinnababy[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

My DS never stopped moving in utero. He is now 13 months. He is a great sleeper, but an EXTREMELY active little boy. He loves to go go go. But he naps well and sleeps 12-13 hours at night. As an infant, he was quite fussy. He got up 2-3 times per night until he was 5 months because he was hungry. 

Now I have DS#2 on the way and I'm hoping he is more mellow. I don't know how I would keep up with 2 maniacs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

DS was like a pinball machine in utero - that's literally what my early u/s looked like, and has been like a wind up toy every day since!  He's a very good boy, but VERY active... he sleeps (barring any sickness or disruption), naps, and eats reasonably well and then he's off and running!  He literally ran about 50 laps around our kitchen island last night wanting to play "catch mommy" or "catch daddy" and he just needs to get his energy out.
    This baby seems a little calmer... so we'll see what happens when she's out! 

Sections
Shortcuts