Mt. Auburn? (vs. MGH)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: Mt. Auburn? (vs. MGH)

I don't have kids, but I have been to Mt. Auburn.  My suggestion is definitely go to MGH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from le2329. Show le2329's posts

Hi~ Congrats on your pregnancy! I can't say enough postive things about my delivery at Mt. Auburn.  I delivered my son there almost 22 months ago.  Also, a lot of my friends have delivered there too. 
    I had a great experience, the Dr's and nurses were amazing.  ( I spent a lot of time there especially at the end.  I started contractions and was 3 cm dialated at almost 35 weeks and delivered DS at 39 weeks.)

My Dr is located at Havard Vanguard in Watertown, my appts were there. 

The one thing about Mt. Auburn is they are a level 2 NICU, but I was told that if I delivered before 35 weeks or if they felt the baby needed a level 1 NICU they would transport us to Brigham and Woman. 

Mt. Auburns post delivery unit was very nice too.  The food was amazing, my hubby is a chef and he was very impressed with the quality of the food. 

I hope this helps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxy-lady. Show soxy-lady's posts

Thanks - always like to hear the first hand stories.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from plksmcz. Show plksmcz's posts

I delivered my twins at Mt. Auburn 2 years ago. They were 4 weeks premature and one did great (went right into the normal nursery). The other one, my twin B, was in the special care nursery with respiratory issues. The doctors and nurses were amazing with helping me to adjust to being a mother of twins. They were great about helping me see both of my boys and with the transition home. I would definitely recommend Mt. Auburn. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from realitycheck101. Show realitycheck101's posts

Can't say enough good things about Mt. Auburn. I had my son there two years ago in January. He was 2 weeks early, and a big boy, so he was held in the level one nursery for 2 weeks until his lungs caught up with him. They were excellent. Also, I had a c-section, and they were just phenomenal. They were very accomodating to visitors as well, providing breakfast, lunch & dinner for whomever was visiting me at the time (mom in the morning, husband in the evening). I have had two coworkers and a neighbor deliver there on my recommendation since, and they both had positive experiences.
    My cousin had a baby in May at Brigham's, and she definitely had that large hospital experience. I won't get into it, but it was much less personal, some almost "mix-ups" occurred as there are so many patients, and she had a common last name. Just food for thought.
    Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

I don't know too much about Mt. Auburn, but I've loved MGH for my OB care (and I also used their fertility center). Unfortunately with my insurance, I'm not able to deliver there so I've changed to Tufts Medical Center, but if I were able to, I'd stay at MGH.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Had both my sons at MGH and they were spectacular.  Good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from corsetkitty. Show corsetkitty's posts

MGH has a much better NICU should anything go wrong. 

While there was no reason to think that my daughter would end up in NICU, she did end up there for 36 hours--the cord was around her neck and she had trouble breathing early on.  In cases like that, you want them to get the best care possible, not get moved to another hospital with better facilities.

Sections
Shortcuts