November 2012 Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Re: November 2012 Pregnancy

Memes, I completely understand your anxiety about your due date. The midwife I met with told me that they only change a due date if it's +/- 1 week because it's better for you to have a later due date, for exactly the reasons you mentioned. If I were in your position, I think I would talk to your OB and ask that, if you have to be induced, if you could wait until you're 42 weeks and 3 days to account for the change in their due date. One of my friends had her due date moved and then ended up getting induced at 41 weeks and now wonders if she would have had to be induced if her due date didn't change. I don't see why 42 weeks has to be a hard and fast date. Hopefully this baby comes "on time" and you don't have to worry about it. And who knows, by 42 weeks, you may be begging them to induce you! :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

A lot going on around here!  great news on the twins, SS!  congratulations, amy-lynn!!

Amy lynn, can I ask why you had CVS?  I'm just curious because I did as well and none of my other friends have actually had it.  Please feel free to tell me you prefer not to share!

Memes, I know what you mean about the induction.  Hopefully your medical peeps will see the decision to induce as a conversation, not as a "rule".  I mean, it's not like a turkey timer pops out!  So hopefully they will weigh all the options with you if it comes to that.

DH and I just had a mini-vacation (first time I've ever left DD overnight - how silly is that??) and it was great.  I was worried it would be bad timing because on top of thinking of DD, there would be more empty space to worry about this new pregnancy.  But luckily it was wonderful and so relaxing.  Now only 48 hours left until the next appointment.  Not that I'm tired of waiting or anything.

ETA: Chiclet - my friend just told me she had great luck with Kohl's for her recent pregnancy.  She is not hourglass shaped, but she has very muscular thighs for her frame.  I haven't been myself so I can't comment, but HTH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Hi Ladies, I'm at 38 weeks and 3 day! Starting to feel a bit uncomfortable but ready to meet this girl.  I went for US last week to have her measured because of gestational diabetes.  She measuring a little over 6 pounds and tech say that by birth she should be closer to 7 pounds.  I'm actually proud of myself that I been keeping the gestational diabetes under control and I have only gain 24 pounds.  These two things were my worst fears going into pregnancy but it really wasn't as hard to control as I thought it was going to me.

Those of you worrying about weight gain just try to eat healthy as possible and keep active.  Some days I could eat a horse, but most days I just eat what I normal eat pre-pregnancy.

For maternity clothes I had the best luck with JC Penny at the north shore mall but they have since stopping selling maternity clothes.  The work pants I loved the most are the 1/2 panel dou wide leg career pants from JC Penny and it looks they are on sell at JC Penny.com ($18.00).  I also have good luck with the motherhood store in Kittery, ME.  For lounge wear and under garments I had luck with Burlington coat factory.  I also brought a few things from Target and consignment store in the Beverly/Salem area.

I had my cervix checked at nineteen weeks because I had a LEEP procedure 10 years ago plus I'm also AMA.  They basically did an internal ultrasound and measure my cervix.  I have had no issues with my cervix.

SS, congrats on the twins!

I hope all you new comers have successful and uneventful pregnancies.

Medford, Thinking of you and DH.  You seem to be dealing with it well. I hope you continue to have the strength and courage to deal with what lays an ahead for your family.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Medford, I left you a private message.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Wow tomarra, that's so great that you're so far along already!!!  Not too much longer I'm sure.  Great job managing the gestational diabetes.  I have a feeling I'm going to get that (type 2 diabetes runs in my family in general, my sister had it in her singleton pregnancy, and its much more prevalent in multiples too).  So now I know where to come for tips on managing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

So I spoke too soon on the nausea.  All of a sudden it kicked in yesterday (at 6 weeks 1 day).  Its weird, now I just fluctuate from feeling starving to feeling queasy.  Feels like my stomach will never just feel "normal" already and its only been two days. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks for everyone's advice on the maternity pants! I did order a pair from JCPenney but of course they're on backorder until after Thanksgiving! My order from Kohl's should be here this week. I was forced to wear the Bella Band to work yesterday which was all kinds of awkward. It didn't seem to want to stay in the right place. My mom ordered a pattern online to make me some pants, so we'll see how that goes. I didn't realize there was a Motherhood in Kittery. Maybe I can convince her to come shopping with me this weekend. DH tries but he's not much help. My mother has spent most of my life trying to buy me pants, so at least she gets it.

Med - I'm glad you had a relaxing few days off! Only one more day until you get to see the baby again! Fingers crossed that it's all good news!

SS - I found the best thing for nausea was to keep eating. Whenever I felt a wave, I just grabbed a handful of nuts or a cheese stick or something just to get some food in there. It sounds like maybe you're queasy because you're hungry? I also found that my stomach felt better when I took Vitamin D. I can't really explain that one, I just know it worked for me. A friend of mine told me that nausea peaks from 8-10 weeks, but that was not my experience. I thought 7 weeks 6 days was my worst day ever and then I woke up the next morning ready to take on the world. I also found that staying hydrated and well-rested (when possible at least) helped too. If I could characterize the first trimester in one word, it would be "unpredictable." Sometimes you feel great and sometimes you feel miserable.

Tom - I may be coming to you for GD advice too. I'm also at increased risk because of my PCOS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Amy-lynn, thanks.  I messaged you back - my first time, hope I did it right!

SS, unfortunately that's when my nausea kicked in as well.  I agree with Chiclet - don't let yourself get hungry.  I think you were the one worried about being too hungry and eating too much, but it really is the only way I could feel well.  I don't think you're likely to really overeat if you're just in that mode of nibbling to stay well.  I only gained about a pound my first trimester even though I was trying to eat all the time.  GL!

Tomarra, good luck and also thanks for the kind words.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hi ladies - lurking on PG boards and just wanted to let you know that Wrentham has a Motherhood outlet that has a decent amount of choices.  THey have typical motherhood type clothes and they have a bunch of racks of pea in the pod discount clothes at reasonable prices.  I also had a lot of luck at Target.  HTH. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

SS - Sorry to hear the nausea has kicked in! Keep nibbling little healthy snacks and hopefully it won't be too bad.

med - Did you have your appointment yet, or is that this week? I hope you get some answers soon.

Chiclet - I hope the pants you order fit well. Keep us posted, as I will be in the market for some new pants in the near future!

Tomarra - You're almost there! good luck!

I had a doctor's appt today. I was surprised how short it was: weight, blood pressure, and fetal heartbeat and that's it. For the second time, my blood pressure was too high, but my doctor thinks it may just be because I get anxious for these appointments. I have to get an at-home blood pressure cuff to check it periodically and I have to do a 24-hour urine test so they can make sure my kidneys are functioning ok. I had round 2 of my bloodwork for genetic testing today, and I should get results in 10 days. I'm really annoyed that we haven't received any results thus far (although we did find out my husband is NOT a carrier for CF -- such a relief since I am).

Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Med - How are you doing this week? Any news?

JL - I don't know why, but genetic testing takes FOREVER to come back. I'm sorry that your blood pressure is causing concern. I work myself for those appointments too! My mom has a blood pressure cuff at home so I've been having her check mine and it's been fine at home. Hopefully you have the same luck.

I spent Saturday in Kittery at the outlets. I think I tried on every cut at Motherhood and I ended up liking the Modern Flare style. I think they look a little funny in the crotch but the shirts seem to come down enough to cover that. I'm hoping it won't look quite as bad when I have more belly using up the space. I did like the pair I ordered from Kohl's as well, but they don't have pockets. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that I'm still a medium top. (I did go up a size in the pants, but I blame the stretchiness and my fat thighs!) I had DH measure my chest and I measured into a large, but all the larges were huge on me! Yippee! Motherhood was having buy 3 get 1 free on shirts so I got a few cute sweaters and a dressy shirt that I think I'll be wearing to every Christmas party this year! I think I'm fully transitioned to panel pants. I've been having some really bad heartburn lately and something I read said to not have tight things around your waist. Sure enough, 3 days of wearing maternity pants and no signs of heartburn yet. I'm not quite ready to wear the full on maternity shirts yet because I feel like there will be no hiding it after that. I don't know if I should say something at my department meeting this week so that everyone just hears it once from me and it's done or if I should just wait until someone says something to me. I don't want to be all "Look at me I'm pregnant!" about it. There's no real reason to hide it, I just don't want to make a big deal out of it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

hi everyone, thanks for thinking of me!  We got pretty good news on Friday - everything they can see so far (16 weeks) looks good and normal.  So that's great!  And the cystic hygroma is still there, but it's smaller, which is also really good news (one risk is it can continue to grow and overwhelm the organs).  So we'll go back in 3 weeks to u/s again, then fetal echocardiogram, just because things will be more developed and they will be able to tell more.  But everything they could see so far looked okay.  If it still looks good in 3 weeks, then there is still a higher risk for loss (they don't know why) but an 80% chance for a healthy baby.  Much better than the 10% they told us originally!

Strange mix of emotions - thought I would feel a lot of relief, but it hasn't happened yet.  I do feel better now than I did that day, so I guess there is a gradual process of trying to let down my guard and feel okay about it.  It also led to some disagreements with DH - mainly because I thought he understood the data and the situation as well as I did, and he definitely did not.  We're doing well again now, but had to have a lot of crankiness and discussions on Friday and Saturday.

Heartburn - hit me for the first time this pg today.  Miserable!  Glad some of you have found some relief (and some nice clothes!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

JL - I never had an issue with high blood pressure but I've heard of ladies that ask them to wait until the end of the appointment to do their blood pressure because it's given them time to relax.  You might want to ask them to do the same thing for you.  Or at least do it twice once at the beginning and once at the end of the appointment.  Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Medfordcc--I'm so happy to hear that your u/s went well. I was tthinking of you this weekend and hoping it went okay. pregnancy is never a sure thing but 80% is much better odds. I'm happy for you and hope things continue to go well. 

I've got my first regular OB appt next week after thanksgiving so I'm starting to get anxious about that. I hope we can get a nice healthy heartbeat on the Doppler at that point. I'll be 10 weeks then. I had my nurse phone interview/history last week and she was comically clueless. The nurse hadn't read my history at all before calling me even though I've had at least a dozen visits with that same practice over the past 14 months. She kept explaining to me how the practice works and then at the end of the call she asks if I've had any u/s yet this pregnancy. (My OB has ordered two so far.) I love my doctors there but the practice organization leaves me shaking my head.

Anyway, hope you ladies have a great week and a lovely thanksgiving! ! I'm looking forward  to the holiday!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Medford - So glad you got some positive news!  I understand why you still feel guarded, but hopefully all this worry is for not and everything will be just fine.

jl - I'm a CF carrier too and thank god DH isn't otherwise with the very small amount of eggs I'm able to crank out I'd never have gotten enough to do genetic testing or have gotten to this stage.  Really dodged a bullet there.  Hope your other genetic testing comes back just fine.

Chicklet and rama - Thanks for all the shopping tips.  After my 8 week ultrasound I think I'm going to give in and get some maternity wear.  Its super early but at 7 weeks I definitely have a pooch (maybe I'm showing early because its twins?) and I'm walking around at work half the day with my pant button undone or held together with a hair elastic.  For now praying my shirts done ride up so people see but hopefully if I get good news Tuesday I'll feel confident enough to shop.

Siena - That's crazy that the nurse didn't bother to get up to speed on your history before calling you.  Best wishes for a strong HB at your appt next week.

The wait to my next ultrasound on Tuesday is killing me.  Hoping that Thanksgiving will help keep my mind off of it.  Hope everyone has a happy holiday weekend!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ss - i'm with you.  i was in maternity at 9 weeks when i was PG with my twins!  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Yikes, 7 weeks and I've already gained 4 lbs.  I'm eating all the right things I think but just eating constantly.  I actually woke up twice in the middle of the night last night and had to eat saltines and gingerale to make it through the night without vomiting.

The plus side is DH took my first belly shot this morning and I actually am starting to look pregnant which is exciting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Med - glad to hear you got good news at your ultrasound. I'm hoping for the best for you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

SSBride - Congrats on the twins!

Medford - I'm glad you got good news, but I understand the anxiety of waiting. I hope everything continues to improve. (I got your message, by the way.)

As for me, I had my first OB appointment (last month was with the NP), and everything is looking good. I heard the heartbeat, which is very reassuring.  Even though I haven't had any nausea, I'm down a pound from last month. (which is good, I was overweight going into this pregnancy, and they really only want me to gain a pound or less per month for the first 3 months.) I think it is the heartburn, because if I eat a big meal, it really hits me hard. And most nights between 1-2am, no matter what I eat, I seem to wake up because of it. 

Good luck to everyone else!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Thanksgiving!

med, great news...praying it continues all the way to a perfectly healthy baby.

amy-Lynn, congrats on hearing the heartbeat!  have you tried putting a slight wedge under your mattress?  That might prevent the 1 am pain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Happy Thanksgiving ladies. Baby Gabriella arrived this mornings.I will  add more details once i get some dleep.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, tomarra!  Seems like just yesterday you were a regular in ttc. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrats tomarra!  What a great Thanksgiving gift.  Hope everyone else had a fantastic holiday too.

Well its seemed like forever already getting to this point but tomorrow is 8 weeks and my next ultrasound appointment.  So excited and nervous.  If all goes well after this one I get to graduate from my RE to the OB.  Fingers crossed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Med - I'm so happy that you got some good news on your ultrasound, and I hope that things continue to go well with your future testing.  I totally understand you still needing some time to digest it all though.

Congrats Tomarra!  Looking forward to hearing details when you get a chance!

AFM, we had our 18 week ultrasound last week and everything looked good.  Baby was still measuring big, which made me feel better about the fact that my due date got moved up.  We also got great news that we are having a BOY!  Our first was a girl, so I am excited to experience the two different genders.  And DH was thrilled that there might be little league games in his future!  Of course we would have been happy either way, but since we will likely stop at 2 kids, it was a nice surprise.  We are having trouble picking the name though.  We had a girl name we both really liked, but can't seem to find a boy name we are happy with.  There are some potential names on the list, but none that are jumping out at us.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats Tom! Enjoy your time with your little girl! Can't wait to hear all about her!

Memes - Congrats on your little boy. DH and I only have boy names picked out, absolutely nothing on girl names. Our ultrasound isn't for a couple of weeks but maybe you and I will have to help each other out! Luckily you have time!

I hope everyone had a good holiday! I swear, Thanksgiving is the busiest weekend of the year!