November 2012 Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Re: November 2012 Pregnancy

Thanks Chiclet!  Care to share your boy names??  No worries if you don't want to say what they are.  I am looking for any and all ideas though!  The girl name we had picked out was Claire.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

It's pretty much between Dominic and Campbell. I find that I like boys' names that sound like last names, like Campbell or Carter. I also like boys' names with "Ash" in it, like Asher or Ashton. I like Ashton a lot but I don't want people to think I named my kid after Ashton Kutcher. If we do have a boy, his middle name will be DH's mother's maiden name. There are plenty of people who have that name as a first name, although its definitely more of a last name. DH likes both "Dom" or "Nic" for nicknames, but I'm not really a fan of either. But, I'm his mother and I can call him by his full name all I want! I do like "Cam" as a nickname for Campbell.

I do like Claire a lot. It's such a classic name.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Congratulations, Tomarra! I love the name Gabriella. Can't wait to read your birth story.

Yay for a little boy, memes! So exciting. For a boy, I think we're going with Graham. I also love Claire for a girl. We're finding out the gender in just over two weeks.

Chiclet, you can tell your DH that I vote for Campbell. I'm sure that will really sway his decision, haha.

Good luck tomorrow, SS. 

AFM, I told my supervisors today. They called me in to a meeting to offer me a promotion (!!!) and I told them. I felt/feel awkward because I haven't been working here that long, but what can ya do. They didn't seem too surprised or put out by it, so that's a relief.

Has anyone thought about childbirth classes yet? I'm planning to give birth without drugs, and I'm looking at Bradley Method classes. They recommend you start around 20 weeks, but that seems so early to me. It is an eight week class, though. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's better to start childbirth classes later than 20 weeks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

jleighla7 - I had a drug-free delivery with DD using hypnobirthing. I haven't heard much about the Bradley method, so I can't offer up any opinion on it, but I loved hypnobirthing. It really helped me, and I think we started around 24 weeks, because it was also an 8 week course, and the more time you have to practise self-relaxation/hypnosis the better. I am planning on doing it again, I just don't know if there is such a thing as a refresher for hypnobirthing. I liked the class, but with a 4 YO, finding time to do 8 weeks of class with DH is tricky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amy-Lynn, I bet you would be able to recondition yourself on your own spending 10 minutes a day getting back into practice.  Did you get materials in the first class that would guide your reconditioning, or could you put your hands on some without attending another class?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

I love all the name ideas....keep them coming! Jleighla, I would love to use the name Graham, but DH and I grew up with someone who had first name Graham and our same last name, so it would be weird.

Also, I had a drug-free delivery, but all I did was a natural childbirth class.  Not to say that you shouldn't do Bradley or hypnobirthing, just wanted to let you know of another option.  The natural childbirth class was about 6 weeks and I think I started around 26 weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry I lurk over here all of the time so I'll jump in...

Congrats, Tomarra!  I feel like I just read about your BFP.  Enjoy your little girl!

Memes - our DS is named William but for a long time our top boys names were Nolan and Finn. Also, our top girls name, Parker, is actually pretty popular for boys right now.

JL - we did our birthing classes very early because we had conflicts later in my pregnancy with my DH's work schedule.  I wouldn't say there was a down side to doing them early, I'm very Type A so I actually liked that I had them early because it was one more thing I could check off my list.  But that's just me :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Great news, Memes!  We have a boy over here, too.  If all goes well with me, our families will be completely matching.  :)  I was in total shock.  It was like with everything else going on, it actually didn't occur to me that it could be a boy.  I just assumed it would be another girl.  I don't even know where to begin with boy names.

I'm glad someone brought up natural childbirth classes.  I am definitely confused by the options (Bradley, hypnobirthing, et cetera).  Memes, where did you find sort of an all-purpose childbirth class?  Does anyone know of a resource that would help me compare the different techniques before shelling out for a class?

I am also with amy-lynn that I don't know how well a class with DH will work out since we have DD - I might have to bring the snoogle to class as my support person.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Just got back from 8 week ultrasound. Both babies looked great! One measured 8 weeks exactly and the other little bean was actually ahead at 8 weeks 3 days. Heartbeats were in 160-170ish range (wish I had written the numbers down now). RE said we now have a less than 6% chance of losing one. Finally graduating to the OB. 

SO relieved and ecstatic!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ss - that's awesome, congrats!!!  :)  i'm so glad to have some more twins finally! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Congratulations, SS!

Thanks for the input on the natural childbirth classes, all. It's great to hear that so many of you had drug-free deliveries. Amy-lynn, a few friends have also loved Hypnobirthing, so maybe I'll look into that instead of Bradley. Or an all-purpose natural childbirth class like you, memes. I've also heard good things about Birthing From Within classes. There are just so many options!

I took my first prenatal yoga class yesterday and it was awesome. I felt a little silly because I'm only 17 weeks and not really showing and most of the other women had big bellies, but I don't think anyone cared. It was a lot like regular yoga, just with more squats and different breathing techniques. And she said "baby" instead of "stomach" or "abs." haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats SS on your positive ultrasound! Did you graduate yet?

JL - Congrats on your promotion! I'm glad they took it well!

I've been exploring classes too. Hypnobirthing kind of intimidates me, but I did find "Birthing as  Nature Intended" that I'm going to explore. I'm waiting for a call back from the instructor. If I end up not doing that, I'm just going to take the classes at the hospital and be done with it. One of DH's friends was asking him yesterday about our registry. I guess that's something we have to get on pretty soon too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Tomarra--congrats on your baby girl!  That's wonderful!

SSBride--hooray for a great u/s!

JL--congrats on the promotion and telling work!

AFM, I had my first regular OB appt today and we got to hear our little one's heartbeat chugging away with the doppler.  That was a huge relief.  One more good step!

I also had blood drawn for our genetic screens today.  Between DH and I we have covered every single ethnically linked genetic risk category on the OB's list, so they took 8 vials.  I guess it will be a very thorough screen. (I think a couple vials were for other routine tests too...)  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Kar - I could probably beging the relaxation exercises in earnest agian, I never really completely forgot them, most translate really well to other stressful/painful situations, but the classes were nice because if you had a specific concern the instructor could help you create a script to practice. 

Chiclet - I found hypnobirthing to be very approachable. I was afraid it would be a little hippie-trippie, as I am a scientist and DH is an engineer, and while I still chuckle at some of the vocabulary (Pre-birth warm-ups instead of Braxton-Hicks contractions, for example) I recognize that the words we choose do deeply affect our mindset, so staying away from words that might have a painful or negative connotation can help keep us calmer. 

SS - congrats on the great ultrasound!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

SS and Siena - great, great news!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Congrats SSBride and Siena - so wonderful!

CLC - Nolan is on our list, but DH is worried it is too out of the ordinary.  Nice to hear it on someone else's list.

Med - that's so awesome that you have a boy too! Matching families would be fun!  I had DD at Newton Wellesley Hospital and did the natural childbirth class there.  Can you see the below link?  That is the class that I did. Looks like it was probably only 4-5 weeks.  I definitely had Randi as an instructor and she was great!

https://www.nwh.org/events/detail?event_id=57475

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Meme, I have a close friend who named her boy Nolan - he's 18, now, but I like it, and I've known her a long time and she never mentioned his hating it or being teased.  He was only six when we became friends, and we often talked about her kids' struggles.  Not sure if that helps, but there's a pro Nolan story for your consideration. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Memes - I looked it up on Social Security's website and Nolan was the 60th most popular boys name in Massachusetts in 2011, with 122 little boys getting that name. I'd say that's the perfect balance between "unique enought that he could potentially be the only boy in his class with name" but "a name that you're familiar with" if that makes any sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Meme - I love the name Nolan and wanted to put it on our list but my DH thinks its too common!  My DH has a really unusual name that no one has ever heard before so unless he's never heard the name he doesn't like it.  I on the other hand love classic names, or names with a good balance of being unique but common enough you've heard of it and can spell it.   I'm anticipating an all out war at our house over names down the road haha.

Sections
Shortcuts