November Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

November Pregnancy

Happy November!

Jenn ... that is so frustrating about your T experience!  I have had similar issues with very suddenly needing to use the bathroom, but never in such a public setting with so few options.  I was getting mad at the T employee for you as I was reading.  I am finding that with the BH contractions, the situation is getting worse.  I am not sure why, but when my belly tightens up I suddenly get the urge to go, though usually it is only a few drops.  so frustrating. 

Silver ... fingers crossed for you!  I also have a friend who has 2 very close together (15 mths apart) and she said it was a lot of work in the very beginning, but they are such good pals now that it makes it easier.  Once the younger one started crawling it was like they were best buds. 

AFM ... 10 weeks to go!  eek!  I scheduled a maternity photo session for 37 weeks.  My photographer was suggesting something closer to 34 weeks ... but my belly is just so small still that I wanted to wait a few more weeks.  (I am in the definitely pg, but not particularly attractive phase since you can still see my belly fat in front of the baby)  I figure 3 weeks margin is enough in case I go a little early.  Does this sound like a reasonable plan? 

I am starting to get worried that I'm pretty sure the LO is breach.  I feel the strongest movements low down and towards my back and my ribs are killing me like there is a head pushing my rib cage apart.  It is to the point that by lunchtime my bra is usually unhooked because I can't stand the band anymore.  I know that they wouldn't do a versioning until 36 weeks, but I am not sure when it is important that the baby start moving into the correct position.  My plan tonight is to peruse the spinning babies website and to poke around for more info, and will definitely ask at my dr's appt in 2 weeks.  As of last week she was definitely transverse, because I was getting kicked on one side and could feel arms on the other. 

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Re: November Pregnancy

8 weeks today for me! We told our parents and that went really well- they were all so excited and in disbelief as much as we are!

I went through a really nauseas phase for about a week, but that's mostly gotten better. Now I'm going back toward the phase of having a hollow leg and wanting to eat everything every hour. And my chin has started to break out in the past day- just when my skin had been clear for a good stretch of time!

Our first appointment is on Friday, though I've already been informed we won't see an u/s or get to hear anything til later on :( So disappointing...how do I convince myself there's still something in there??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I'm at 6.5 weeks now and my nausea is going strong.  I was really sick with my first and this one doesn't seem to be any different.  If anything, everything seems more acute.  With DD, I was extremely nauseous all day every day from 5.5 weeks to 11 weeks but I only threw up twice in an that 6-week span and I was extremely overtired and worn out those two times.  This time I started getting symptoms at 3.5 weeks, before I even had a + pregnancy test and they've been more waves and spikes of nausea throughout the day.  I made a double batch of candied ginger last weekend and have been gnawing on that, which helps.  Plus when you make homemade candied ginger you get really strong gingersyrup and I have that in the fridge.  I've been spiking my water with it and that helps too. 
    I think my breasts are getting bigger faster this time around. 
    We're still "in the closet" with everyone but these boards haha.  We're thinking we'll let people know at Thanksgiving.  That way we can tell our families in person, not just over the phone or on skype.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Bostongrl - Still plenty of time for your baby to be moving and flipping around, especially I would think if you are still on the small side.   My doctors did not even look at positioning until I think it was 35 or 36 weeks...right before I was induced (38 weeks).
    Have fun with the pics, I have seen some and they are cute.
    Lisa - How hard is it to make the candied ginger?
    AFM - Still strong nausea, food aversions yet Im starving and I am falling asleep on the couch right around 8pm like clockwork, I think it would be sooner but by the time I get ds to bed and eat it is 8.  We have told parents and siblings but that is it as we will only be 8 weeks on Friday.  It is killing me at work though because everytime I want to bolt from a room due to coffee or food smells I can't as no one knows. I am afraid people are beginning to notice though as I have been late everday this week as I have not been able to leave my house in the morning as I have been sitting in my bathroom gagging but have not yet actually thrown up.  Any suggestions for the office smells - this was not an issue last time.  I feel like I need one of those old fashioned nosegays!  That could look a little conspicuous. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer I'm with you, 9 weeks tomorrow and eating everything in sight.  I had nausea for about a week and a half but that seems to have gone away.  The only thing that I want to eat now is carbs which is bad.  Trying my best to get a balanced diet but I think I could eat bagels for each meal and be perfectly content.

Also this week the gas pains started big time.  I've never had pain like that before.  Anyone know any good ways to ease the pain?

Wrkingmom - could you trying wearing a scarf at work that is lightly scented with your perfume.  Then if the smells are bad you could duck your nose into your scarf.  That sounds really weird and I don't think I'm explaining it well but that's what I do when things are a little too strong for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

It's easy, it just takes time.  I"ll post the link to the recipe I use when I get home.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

clc, for gas pains, I just used the generic CVS gas relief tablets. They are  simethicone - it's on the approved list for meds in pregnancy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

I'm 7 weeks now and feel the pain, Summer, of not knowing what is happening in there! We had our first appt. with a medical assistant last week and they did not do an ultrasound. Just lots of chatting, blood work, etc. She did schedule me for a vaginal ultrasound to help with dating the pg (I am pretty sure I know when I O'd as we used an OPK). I have that next Friday, so it will be nice to get to hear a heartbeat. We have resisted telling our families until we hear something. Our first OB/GYN appt. is the day before Thanksgiving, so I am hoping we get enough info to tell most of the family then.

I was naseuous all last week, but it seems to be passing.  Now I'm either gassy or constipated and wanting to eat lots of carbs, too! Fun!

So glad there are others in the same general time frame as me, and of course, grateful for those ahead to know what to watch for!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

http://www.marthastewart.com/313211/candied-citrus-peels?xsc=stf_MSLO-RECIPE

I use this recipe to make the candied ginger.  I peel the ginger and slice it really thinly (I have a mandoline, which makes this really easy) then use it in lieu of citrus peels. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

hey ladies, thanks for all the good thoughts! it was officially a mc/chemical pregnancy. I am A-OK though, it is definitely a bummer, but I wouldn't have even known if I had waited to test on Tuesday like I originally planned (gently slapping self in forehead).

see you all in infants & toddlers soon enough... :-)

a-m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Silver -- Thinking good thoughts for you! The waiting must be so hard, but you seem to have good perspective, and hopefully DD is giving you some welcome distraction.

To all of you in the first tri suffering with m/s, I don't have much more advice to offer except to say it does get better! Admittedly, my m/s was pretty mild but I felt like I'd never look forward to a meal again (unless that meal was egg noodles with butter or chocolate pudding). At this point, my 19 extra lbs say that I'm happily back to normal eating (and then some!). Good luck!

AFM - I'm so excited, DH felt the baby kick for the first time last night! I was so anxious for him to feel it that I subjected him to dozens of false alarms, but when I lay down in bed last night it was so strong I had him try and he almost jumped back with surprise. It was great, and kinda funny -- I've only felt the little guy kick on the outside a couple of isolated times, despite putting my hand on my belly almost every time I feel something. Meanwhile, DH got about 5 solid kicks within a couple minutes. LO is already trying to impress his dad :-).

On the topic of kicking, I'm kind of surprised how uncomfortable it can get! I'm not in major pain or anything, but I'm only 22 weeks and LO seems to already have a habit of aiming straight down with some serious force that has me flinching. I thought at this point I'd just be feeling cute little nudges. I'm getting those, too, but his stomping habit has me wondering what I'll be dealing with in another couple months! Anyone else experience this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

hehe... yeah.. the kicking can literally be a pain to deal with.  Mine only recently starting kicking down and those feel more like padded thuds (see previous post about my concern she is breach) ... but mostly has been kicking my side or jamming her feet into my rib cage.  I want to say around 20-24 weeks it was still cute.  Then over the past few weeks has been getting stronger.  At 28-29 weeks it was kind of fun to watch my whole belly move when she was rollinging around.  That was also when the rib-kicking started.  For about a week, I haven't felt as much... just general rolling and motion.  But then today (30wks) I woke up with some strong rib kicking again.  I could actually feel her little foot protruding right under my rib.  It was kind of cool and kind of painfull all at the same time.  I just gently nudged her back into place.  Though I didn't want to nudge too hard since if I'm getting kicked in the rib/side it means she is no longer breach, and I don't mind encouraging her to go head down. 

DH had the same reaction.  He would feel a kick, kind of jump back, then put his hand back, feel a few more, then state that it was like a little alien and then get all weirded out and not want to feel anymore.  Though sometimes in the morning he gets all sweet and as we are cuddling before getting out of bed he'll put his hand on my belly and feel the baby starting to wake up and stretch. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: November Pregnancy:
    hey ladies, thanks for all the good thoughts! it was officially a mc/chemical pregnancy. Posted by SilverFestiva

Sorry, Silver.  Perhaps we'll see you back here in a few months : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

The kicking gets pretty rough.  I have a fairly long torso so I think I might have been a little better off than some women, but by 35 weeks it's really uncomfortable.  DD was head-down from early on and would wedge her feet against my rib cage and just streeeetch out at the end.  I could feel her little hands scraping against the inside of behind/on top of my bladder while her feet just dug in and pushed hard.  She came out good and strong, though, so I guess it's all worth it.  Once she was out she would do the same exact thing trying to stretch out of her swaddle. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Yea I remember the kicking at the end being actually better in a way than the kicking at 30-ish weeks.  By the end the baby is so freakin huge that it cannot wind up and kick, it just kinda rolled along, and then your abdomen is literally mis-shapen because there is a BUTT or an ELBOW protruding. Its very eerie! 

Arcain- you sound JUST LIKE ME right now! I love that we are the same weeks, I look forward to reading your post.  I have tried to feel it from the outside many times and my husband is starting to get sick of my "false alarms" (hehe) too! 

What's weird is after I pee in the night I usually have woken her up and she kicks for a little while again.  I feel the kicks mostly high up above my belly button area, but some on the sides too. I am hoping hoping we're vertex now too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Quick question- what does everyone use for skin care- specifically acne? I was using the Clinique system but switched to cetaphil for now until I get info tomorrow about what my NP says is safe to use. Needless to say it's not working... Any recs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Oh man, the kicking!  I am 35 weeks and it hasn't slowed down that much, though I agree with Hughkona that I now feel less "kicking" and more rolling/shifting around.  But I have definitely experienced the misshapen belly and felt discomfort when a body part is protruding.  I can just never tell what it is....

DH likes to "pat" and rub my belly, but it can hurt when baby is pressed against the outer wall so hard.   And when she starts punching near the bladder, it is the weirdest sensation.  It's freaky to feel punches on on your organs!  And, it's uncomfortable, because then you feel like you have to pee constantly.  I actually prefer the kicking/movement higher up and to the outside. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Quick question- what does everyone use for skin care- specifically acne? I was using the Clinique system but switched to cetaphil for now until I get info tomorrow about what my NP says is safe to use. Needless to say it's not working... Any recs?
    Posted by summerbride09

I actually asked this same question in September if you want to see the responses.  I switched from cetaphil to Noxema.  Since being pg the cetaphil was doing nothing for me but the Noxema really seems to be helping.  I haven't used Noxema since I was 12 but I really like it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Silver - sorry to hear your news. :(  But love your attitude. :)

Very jealous of those who are feeling all the kicking!  I feel like I have one toe in the TTC world, trying to decide whether to jump in... and the water feels nice! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Silver, sorry to hear of your chemical pg/mc.  I had the same a couple of years ago, and wouldn't have known, either, if I hadn't tested early (although I had very obvious pg symptoms that made me test early in the first place).  I felt like it was a big loss even though I wasn't far along.  I thought about it at the original due date and was sad.  Bless you as you move on and keep trying.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Silver, I'm so sorry, and I hope we'll see you back on this board in no time flat.

It's fun to see several people with "older" pregnancies and several with "younger" pregnancies than me! Is anyone else in the neighborhood of 17 weeks? I'm trucking along, feeling good, finally starting to pop, and I think I may have felt the baby today and yesterday! Not quite sure, but definitely some butterfly-esque sensations that didn't feel like gas or anything else. I guess I should enjoy my uninterrupted sleep while it lasts, before I start getting major kicks in vital organs :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

tang ... its funny, those early flutters and first kicks kept me awake more than what I feel now.  I was so excited when I could first feel her that I would just lie in bed waiting for her to kick. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been asked several times now if this was a planned pregnancy.  Is that a normal question to ask someone?  I've never considered asking someone that before. I guess this is just the beginning of the weird questions that I will be getting throughout my pregnancy!
    Posted by clc51510

Absolutely rude, rude, rude.  I cannot believe people actually ask if your unborn child is an accident.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

clc. my husband has a co-worker ask the same thing - amazingly rude! As if it would be anyone's business anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That is such an incredibly rude question!!!
    I had a co-worker think that I asked her that question once and was so embarrassed.  Her one year old son had passed away and a few months later she was pregnant.  I asked if it was a surprise, meaning the gender, and she said something about how they hadn't meant to do it so soon, but they would have some day.  I was mortified!

Sections
Shortcuts