November Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Re: November Pregnancy

Kar, the gummy prenatal I was taking when really morning sick didn't have iron - it upset my stomach further. But I took another look and the normal prenatal I'm on now does. It actually says it's 150% of my daily value, so not sure how I'm anemic. Anyway, I've been taking everything my dr suggests at the time, so I'm not too worried about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

In Response to Re: November Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies!  I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts as we've been quite busy with our beautiful baby girl!!  I didn't go into labor, but ended up having spontaneous rupture of membranes so I had to be given pitocin.  I eventually got an epidural because I was so exhausted and hadn't progressed more than 1 cm since I had come in.  It was a good thing I did that, since my little angel wasn't born until about 22 hrs after I got to the hospital.  She is just so perfect and I can't believe that we made her and she is ours :o)  I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing your updates!  Leila- you must have had your LO by now too.  How are you? 
    Posted by itsallnew[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your baby girl and a safe delivery!  I am still playing the waiting game...I have a scheduled induction next week if he doesn't decide to come before then.  I had a lot of labor symptoms yesterday but nothing has happended yet.  I have an u/s in an hour, so we'll see how he's doing.  So happy for you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, itsallnew! Enjoy getting to know your precious little lady!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

So after all my fretting on to tell or not, I may be outed, at least to my in laws, this weekend. It's a long story, but to sum up, my SIL is in the hospital with pneumonia. She is physically and mentally handicapped and having a hard time understanding why she has to be there. My DH has been to visit her twice already.

We are supposed to have dinner with my inlaws on Sunday, and they want us all to swing by the hospital "on the way" and visit. She is a ward with some other people with pneumonia. DH and I don't think I should go anywhere near there. I feel bad that I can't see her. But we will need to tell his family why I can't go with them. Ugh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hib, definitely do whatever you have to do to avoid that ward even if it means spilling the beans.  Sorry you're in this position earlier than you'd like, but try to keep in mind that one m/c is statistically not a predictor of a second one - chances of having a healthy pregnancy are the same as they would have been if you hadn't had a previous m/c.  hth at least a little.

Pitt, that is odd.  If you like red meat, it might be time for a steak or two. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Pitt, do you like cereal?  My bran flakes are fortified with iron.  I think they have something like 50% daily value in a serving (.75 cup!).  I think a lot of cereals are fortified with iron like that.  Just look on the labels of some you might like. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Also, calcium inhibits iron absorption so if you're drinking a big glass of milk every time you have some steak you're probably negating some of the iron intake you'd get normally.  Obviously you don't want to cut out your calcium or anything, but just be aware that if you do start taking an iron supplement you want to take it at a time in the day you haven't just eaten a whole wheel of cheese (frequent occurence with my pregnancy haha).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Itsallnew, congratulations on your little girl!  I was wondering what was going on with you and with Leila--I'm glad you and the baby are both well.  And Leila, good luck!  I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

[QUOTE]Pitt, do you like cereal?  My bran flakes are fortified with iron.  I think they have something like 50% daily value in a serving (.75 cup!).  I think a lot of cereals are fortified with iron like that.  Just look on the labels of some you might like. 
    Posted by lissafro[/QUOTE]

This might seem silly but how do you take in the iron from the cereal if the milk in the cereal is negating it?

AFM, had my 10 week appointment today. DH and I were able to hear the heartbeat which was a new experience.  So amazing to hear that little thing beating away in there!

Congrats, itsallnew on your little lady.  Hoping your little man makes an appearance soon Leila!

Also welcome to our new additions! It's going to be a busy summer on this board!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

8 oz of milk contains about 300 mg of calcium, and I'm not sure if that's a high enough amount to reduce the bioavailability of the iron in cereal, but I'd hope they'd take that into consideration before fortifying cereal with iron.  Of course, I wouldn't put it past cereal manufacturers to add it simply as a marketing ploy...that would be very sad, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I just received an email from Old Navy that they are doing 50% off all Outwear this weekend, both in store and online.  I know that several ladies were discussing buying winter coats in the October thread.  It's worth checking out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Congrats itsallnew and good luck, Leila!

Congrats to the new ladies, too -- Pugs, Hib, and Nov! Thinking good thoughts for all of you!

After my worrying over not enough kicking last week, LO hasn't kept still since last night. I like to think it was b/c DH played guitar and sang for him (well, kinda for him :-)).

Met our second daycare person today and liked her, but so far the first woman we met is the frontrunner. The woman today was good, but basically told me she couldn't commit to a slot for June. The first one said she could reserve us a slot with a 2 wk deposit. Is there a norm for how soon dc places will reserve for you, or does it depend on the place? The woman who's willing to reserve ahead of time for us has one infant aging out of the group right around my due date, which would make room for our baby, while the second currently has no infants. Maybe it just depends?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Congrats on your daughter, Itsallnew!  And good luck in the home stretch Leila!  It's 11/11 now...did he come?

After my glucose test, I alo found out that I had low iron.  Not anemic, but lower than they would like.  My Prenatal has plenty of iron, but my doctor also recommended Slow FE (I got the CVS generic equivalent for half the price).  I take my prenatal at night and the iron in the mornings.  They recommended taking it with something acidic (like a glass of OJ) because it apparently helps with the absorption.  So far so good since taking the supplement.  Hope it works well for you too! :)

Hibernian, I also had a m/c a few months before conceiving again, and am now 36 weeks with our first daughter.  I agree with the others that it can make you gun-shy to tell people.  We waited until we heard the heartbeat (10 weeks) for immediate family, and until after the first U/S (12 weeks) for close friends/extended family.  Good luck to you!  And to Novembride, welcome to the pregnancy boards!  It's so great to see friends from the TTC forum!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: November Pregnancy : This might seem silly but how do you take in the iron from the cereal if the milk in the cereal is negating it?
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I'm a weirdo. I think milk in cereal is gross.  I didn't even remember other people don't feel this way when I typed that haha.  I like really crunchy cereal.  I eat it with my hands like popcorn.  I know that's weird.  I like milk I just never mix it with cereal.  When my husband puts milk in his cereal I have to leave the room because it seems so gross to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Congrat on your little girl itsallnew! hope we hear from Leila soon.  Congrats to others on the recent BFPs- very exciting.

Arcain, I was in the same boat as you with the baby kicking. I almost called my dr on Tues/Wed because I felt like he or she just wasn't moving nearly as much as before. Felt a few moves but not the volume it used to be. By Thursday, the baby was much more active so I felt better. I'm just over 30 weeks and I read that the baby can sleep for longer periods so maybe some days will just be calmer than others. Anyone else experience this or are your babies pretty consistently active?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Every pregnant woman I've ever known (and I'm almost 40 so...) has talked about random variations in the baby's movement; I think it's got to be totally normal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

There will be variations in movements and every baby will be different - mine was never a kicker, but what I called a "stretcher" - it would feel like he was slowly stretching and trying to make more room for himself but never any of the gymnastics that I hear others endure (and would hiccup every single day at least once by noon/early afternoon - and usually would be multiple times each day). Your doctor should tell you what signs to watch for (mine included hiccups as movement but I know folks who have doctors with different viewpoints on hiccups). We did go in for emergency checkup when one day, I did not even feel a hiccup by early afternoon like I usually did but luckily he was fine and he was born just a few days later (3 weeks before due date, although my doctor said she did not think I would make it to the due date due to his progress and size). 

If you are concerned, definitely talk to the doctor. It is good to know what your doctor wants you to pay attention to. Mine was quite clear on when to go to the hospital, and even though he checked out fine, I would have rather be a worry wart than regret not following up on changes in normal patterns. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

I had my first doctors appointment this morning.  It was very informative and a little overwhelming.  They did not confirm that I am pregnant but took a lot of blood and I had an exam.  I have another appointment next week for an ultra sounds and to go over the results of my blood work.  I was told to drink a gallon of fluids a day.  UGH!  I am trying but it is hard to drink that much water.  Also I was told to eat 5 servings of dairy a day.  I am not a dairy person so that is going to be hard for me too.  Also I can take a supplement to help offset. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi all,

I got a BFP yesterday (5 test, 3 different brands). I am SO new, that I am hesistant to post in the pregnancy forum, but thought would ask here instead of TTC.

I have mild cramping. Is that normal? It feels more like gas pains than anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, it's normal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

[QUOTE] I have mild cramping. Is that normal? It feels more like gas pains than anything.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

I know gas pains well, they are awful, but they just started for me a few weeks ago (week 8, maybe). 

In the beginning I had some mild pain on my right side that was less like PMS cramps and more like a dull ache.  I think unless it's severe you should be fine.  If you're concerned you can always call your doctor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Congrats on your BFP, liz!  I had the same mild cramping last week and I think it was gass pains too! If it gets really bad then you should go to your doctor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc4321. Show jc4321's posts

Lots of great news! Congrats, itsallnew and Liz!
    Liz- I had cramping at the beginning, too. I think it was the ligaments stretching out. Definitely felt it for a few days after my BFP.

I had my first ultrasound on Friday and it was great to get confirmation that things are going well. I am 9 weeks and due June 16th. We told immediate family this weekend, which makes it seem more real. Still have not seen my real doctor - we got bumped - which is frustrating, but we have an appointment next week.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Liz - I had mild pains right from the start with my pregnancy.  I figured even if you can't see anything going on yet, your body is already changing.

Arcain - I was due in February and needed day care starting in May.  I called at least 10 day cares in November/December and none of them was willing to hold a spot.  Most said to call back in February.  It might be stressful for us, but now that I'm looking back on it I wouldn't hold one of my open slots for a baby who wouldn't be coming for 7 months.  But it sounds like the first woman you met has an ideal situation with someone leaving in June, so that's awesome!  In the end, I only visited 2 day cares while I was home on maternity leave; it's tough to find a place with an infant opening, but lucklily we liked 1 of the 2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Congrats, Liz!! Great news. I felt a lot of menstrual-type cramps early on, and they are apparently completely normal - it's the uterus stretching. I kept checking to make sure I wasn't bleeding, just in case, since they felt so much like cramps :)  I've also had random cramps that feel like more intense gas pains sporadically throughout my pregnancy to date.

jc, very exciting! I'm sure your family was thrilled.

cici, so sorry to hear about your dad, and I can see how news like this would be an amazing blessing right now. It's great that you're able to spend a lot of time with family, and my fingers are crossed that you'll have great news to share with them soon (it sounds awfully promising!).

Congrats on your beautiful new daughter, itsallnew!

And clc, how exciting that you heard the heartbeat today! Such an amazing sound. I can't believe you're already at 10 weeks! Feels like we just got your bfp news :) Have you told anyone yet?

Sections
Shortcuts