November Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: November Pregnancy

boston, if you are in the market for dog beds, Walmart sells one made of memory foam pieces for about $40 (x-large).  Gracie loves hers; we got it for her right before her knee surgery.

clc, wow, what a photo!  12 weeks...amazing.  I remember when u/s photos were so bad that you essentially had to pretend you saw someone's little bundle of joy in there.  I don't know how they got anything medically useful out of those!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Clc - Congrats on the u/s! I felt the same way at 12 weeks. It's so different!!

I alternate between a Snoogle and a regular straight body pillow. I go for the Snoogle more, but I wouldn't say I swear by it. I actually didn't like the fact that you rest your head on it (I adore my normal pillow, and the Snoogle is thicker). I also got it because I was getting constant back pain trying to sleep on my side, and the support when I put it behind me still isn't enough if my back is already hurting.

My cousin uses a Back 'N Belly pillow from Target, that surrounds you completely on both sides. She loves it, though her hubby does call it the "Husband Be Gone" pillow :-).

Speaking of husbands, I'm realizing I should ask DH to switch sides of the bed. I sleep on the left (right if I'm lying down), which means when I try to sleep on my left side, I'm facing into rather than away from the bed. Between navigating body pillows and turning my huge mound over, it's become quite a pain to get up 3+ times per night to pee!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the help, everyone here has been really nice. I wish you all luck on the rest of your pregnancy journey.

Unfortunately I'm out of here for now. Just had my 8 week ultrasound and similar to last time, we have no heartbeat. We are pretty sad, but we'll try again soon. I'm debating doing a D&C because I did that last time and it was pretty rough. Not sure the alternative is any better, there really is no good way to go through a m/c.

I may check in on you all from time to time. Take care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hib - I'm very sorry for your loss.  Sending you and your DH my sincerest sympathies as you struggle with this hard time.  I hope to see you back here in the future with a happy, healthy pregnancy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hib, so sorry for your loss and best wishes with however you decide to go medically.  Hoping to see you here through a healthy pregnancy at some point when you're ready.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Hib, very sorry for your loss. When I had a m/c, my dr prescribed Misoprostol. It definitely wasn't painless, but it sounds like it might be preferable to a D&C.

bostongrl, I hear ya on the third tri heartburn! I almost never got heartburn before, and now I'm munching antacids like candy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hib - I am so very sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you and DH.  I hope you can find peace and comfort in each other as you go through this.  Hope to have you back as soon as you are ready.  {{Hugs}}

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

As crazy as it might sound, heartburn is very often due to having too little stomach acid (despite what antacid ads tell you).  Drink pure cranberry juice morning and evening and see if that helps.  Honest to goodness, I'm not trying to kill you!  I take it for UTI prevention (4 oz, morning and evening) and get it from Trader Joe's.  100% pure, NOT Oceanspray or the like (they are just red sugar water.)

My aunt is a chiropractor and nutritionist and sternly warns against antacids because it only masks symptoms.  Furthermore, you don't digest your food properly and can miss vitamins, etc. when you don't have enough stomach acid to break down food optimally.  She is NOT, however, against everything "traditional."  She even recommended back surgery to one of her patients recently, and has a great working relationship with a lot of traditional medical doctors in her area.  I guess I'm saying she's no holistic nut.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

kar, thats interesting about the antacids.  However, I take them for heartburn/reflux too, and its 100% pregnancy related.  Like, I'll eat at 5pm, and then lay down for bed around 9-10pm and sure enough I get swells of reflux up into my throat over and over.  Its slightly painful and definitely not comfortable. I feel like the antacids are reducing the acids in my stomach juices that damage your esophogus.  Once I have 2-3 tums I usually do not feel it at all.   I never had it until now (I'm 26 weeks with #2)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pregnancy related heartburn can actually be caused by a lower than normal acid content even though it feels like it's burning you.  I know it sounds crazy, and it's not generally something an MD will tell you (because they are taught to further suppress acid for such conditions) so I suppose it's not even worth suggesting.  But, there it is in case anyone wants to dare to try the cranberry juice.

ETA:  I probably wouldn't listen to me if I were you - the internet says to avoid all acidic food (as will most medical doctors), obviously, since the general wisdom is to take antacids and acid blockers for reflux.  But, like I said, my aunt's wisdom (and success in her practice) is there if anyone wants to dare try it on the advice of someone who could be totally nuts on an internet forum.  I think someone did try it, though, in CC a few years ago and reported back that it worked wonders.  Ken or Pingo maybe?  Can't remember who...

Either way, no matter what you decide to try, I hope you get relief soon!  Try a wedge pillow to elevate your head if that's comfortable and OK for your pregnancy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Hib - So sorry for your loss. Take care, and hope to see you back here soon!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, I am going to TJ's after work, thanks for the suggestion. Is it just their brand of CJ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Jenn - Hope you had a good delivery and are holding your baby in your arm now!

Hib - So sorry for your loss.

Sections
Shortcuts