November Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: November Pregnancy

Woke up this morning feeling quesy and just gross. I can barely get this toast down.....

Did anyone else experience upset stomach (gas, feeling like they have to go all the time, but nothing happening) during their first trimester?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Saltines and ginger ale were all I could handle.  The earlier in the day I got to them the better.  I believe Pingo has said that she kept saltines on the night stand and ate some before she even got up.

Had a friend the same way - she had a sleeve of them available at all times nibbling here and there to stave off nausea.  She said that if she allowed herself to get hungry it was too late. 

ETA:  Constipation is VERY common in early pregnancy - is that what you mean by feeling like you have to go but nothing happens?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, yes it feels like constipation, but my stomach is upset. Meaning it feels like I am going to have diarrhea and then nothing happens!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely!  Sorry, liz. :(  I think Miralax is OK for pregnancy - the other ladies can tell you for sure.  It's very gentle on your system, usually "working" w/in 24 hours without adding to the cramps.  I actually gave it to my dog at night for about a week post-surgery on her knee (the hospital sent us home with some), and she never had any emergencies or discomfort, she just was able to go every morning whereas otherwise she'd try and fail.

ETA:  Hm, I think it's Colace that the other ladies have recommended here, come to think of it; it's stool softener.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hang in there Liz.  I've been having the same thing.  MS is starting to kick in and I definitely have the gas pains/ gotta go feeling.  Luckily I am still going.  If you are not, get a jump on it right away.  Colace should be OK and I think Miralax might be as well.

For MS - I have crackers by the bed and eat a couple as soon as I wake up.  Then I have been having an english muffin with a scrambled egg and ginger ale.  I have to choke it down and usually only eat about half, but I have heard that protien will help.  By this time of day I feel OK and am having a bagel that serves as my actual breakfast.

Don't let yourself get too hungry.  I make myself eat something (1/2 an apple, some yogurt, 1/2 banana - be careful with the bananas if you are consitpated) evey two hours and it does seem to be getting me through the day.  Otherwise I feel so hungry that I can't even eat, if that makes sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

My SIL once had water toxicity.  She ended up in the hosptial.  I drink about 4 16oz bottles of water a day, juice or milk in the morning and a ginger ale at lunch and something with dinner at night.  That is the best I can do and is much better than I was drinking before the good news!  I am peeing A LOT!

I have not had ANY symptoms at all.  Do you think because I am so early (5 Weeks today).  Should I brace myself for the next coming weeks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Ok, feeling more pregnant today.  u/s at just under 14 weeks for our ERA went great.  It is official! :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pugs, it is kind of early for queasiness although it can happen at 5 weeks, too.  However, peeing a lot is a symptom of pregnancy caused by pregnancy hormones not just a result of your drinking more so you have at least one symptom, lol.  Brace yourself for the unexpected - everyone is different.  You might get off scott free for morning sickness symptoms and you might wake up one day feeling green.  GL!

Congrats, lil!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats on the positive ultrasound Lil!

Pugs, besides peeing often (like 4 times a night, ugh) I felt pretty good at 5 weeks.  It was around then that the exhaustion started to kick in and at almost 11 weeks (tomorrow, yay) it still hasn't gotten better.

Does anyone else get night sweats?  I use to get them with AF for a few nights each cycle.  The past few nights I've been sleeping with my fan on and last night had to open the windows and change my clothes.  If this is going to continue the rest of the pregnancy I'm going to be doing a lot of laundry!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Great news, lil! 

Pugs - Try ot kick back and relax while you are feeling good.  Funny things can and will sneak up on you out of the blue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

OK ladies I need some advice...now I know that everyone has different situations and opinions on this topic, but I don't know where else to turn! DH and I are at odds and don't agree...

on when to start telling people besides our immediate family. I know 12 weeks is what I'd like to wait for, but we will see his extended family next week for the holiday. I will be just shy of 11 weeks. So he really wants to tell them then, since we'll see them in person, and we won't again...til next thanksgiving...

Then the issue is that we won't be seeing my family, so I'm worried someone will be angry about being second to know...my mom specifically mentioned this, as she wants her family to know if DH's family gets to know.

Lastly...I haven't yet told my employer, and I'd hate for something to end up on facebook and have the rumor mill start, when my boss wouldn't even know yet...

My tentative idea is to tell my boss early next week, and ask him to keep it private. Then we tell DH's family on the holiday, and give my parents permission to share the news (which I think they are dying to do...). I just am afraid of doing things the wrong way and upsetting people...

Our 12 week appt isn't til the week after Thanksgiving, so of course I think well what if something isn't right, and we've told all these people...

....help?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Pugs, any day now the fatigue will set in! It starting happening for me. Everyday at around 3 my eyes get so heavy. I had the day off yesterday and at 3 I took a nap and was in a deep sleep till 5.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

If you're worried about things ending up on FB, you can shut off your wall and prevent people from linking to you in posts. Unless you think that alone would get the rumor mill churning, it's a good way to control what people can and can't post. I think most people look for newsfeed updates and don't browse individual pages unless prompted, so you might be able to control it that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer - I can't tell you what's right for your family but I can tell you what DH and I did...

After the 7.5 week ultrasound (our 3rd ultrasound, by the way) we decided to tell our families because the ultrasound showed a healthy baby and we were excited.  We told my parents on a Tuesday and told DH's parents on Sunday (they live 4 hours away).  Once DH's parents knew we gave our parents the okay to tell our extended families and at that point we started telling friends.  We also made sure to mention to everyone that we were keeping it quiet for now and would appreciate nothing being put on facebook.  And it actually worked, now several weeks later we still haven't had anything on facebook.

As for work, I told them at 9 weeks.  I know most would consider this early but I knew my work would be nothing but supportive and so far they have been.

Best of luck in your decision.  I will also say that in my personal opinion everyone should be happy for you because it's great news.  It shouldn't matter if they were told in person or what order they were told in, all that matters is that you're having a healthy, happy baby!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with RFBF, shut 'er down now.  Claim you need an information/online overload break or something.

As for telling, yes, statistically speaking, 12 weeks is the "optimal" time to tell because it's when your chances of m/c go way down. But, remember, it's not a steep cliff of decline of risk, it's a ramp.  Week 11 is pretty close, m/c risk wise, to Week 12.  I've got to say, as a math and sentimental person I'd go with DH's recommendation to tell at TG.  The difference in risk between 11 and 12 weeks isn't worth not telling family in person.  Yes, something could go wrong and then you'd have to deal with that with everyone, but chances are if it's going to happen it will happen before Week 11, anyway.  The risk doesn't go down that much further from 11 - 12.  I guess I've said that enough ways. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Summer, take this with a grain of salt, because the number of people we have told at this point is still very small (parents, siblings, and two or three friends).

In your shoes, I would take the opportunity to tell the family in person, and let your Mom tell (my Mom and MIL are dying to as well, so I know excatly what you are up against) Don't worry about who knew first.  Everyone is already "second" to know b/c presumably you told DH first, then likely your doctor, right?

Taking it a step further, I seem to be moving further and further away from the 12 week threshold and am thinking of "going public" in my regular life (maybe hold off on work - TBD) after my 8 week u/s next week.  The way I see it is this:  I don't care who says they can keep a secret.  People tell, and I'd rather people hear the happy news, even if it is followed by bad news if something happens, than have them hear whispers of "oh, there was a m/c" and never have known about the good part.  I hope that makes sense and doesn't offend anyone, especially anyone who has been through a m/c. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Ok, so I am experiencing abdonimal pain, and am kinda freaking out about it. I was fine all day and then about an hour ago I started getting pains on mostly the right side, and sort of sharp.

I don't have an OB yet, so I still haven't really talked to any professional about my pregnancy.

I know I am probably over-reacting, but could any of you pregnant ladies take me off the ledge?! Thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Novem, I completley understand. But, hopefully you will have a happy and healthy pregnancy and not have to worry about telling anyone about m/c (which, btw, I know is natural, but I hate talking about it. I don't think it helps the preggo ladies feel relaxed!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Wow - I don't log in for 3 days and there are 3 new pages of posts!  Looks like we have some new BFPs - Congrats everyone! 

I am at 37 weeks today, and feeling swollen and icky.  I thought I had avoided the cankles, but alas, they are in full force by about 3pm every day.  Yuck!  I am also congested and feeling sinus pressure in my right cheek/jawbone area, and I think the baby is resting on a nerve because my right hand goes tingly all the time.  Everything was normal last week, but all of a sudden, it's gone downhill.  I know this stuff is "normal" too, but it's different for me.  I had been pretty lucky thus far.  But, I've heard the last month can change a lot!  I have my regular Dr. Appt tomorrow and will bring all this up, I just needed to vent. 

We also met with two pediatricians this evening, and are very happy with our choice of practice.  Now we just need to decide which one to go with as our primary doctor. 

It's crazy to think that I could go into labor at any point now - I don't think I will be too early, but who know what will happen?  I guess I need to pack my hospital bag, install the car seat, and get some final items sooner than later!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In Response to Re: November Pregnancy:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so I am experiencing abdonimal pain, and am kinda freaking out about it. I was fine all day and then about an hour ago I started getting pains on mostly the right side, and sort of sharp. I don't have an OB yet, so I still haven't really talked to any professional about my pregnancy. I know I am probably over-reacting, but could any of you pregnant ladies take me off the ledge?! Thanks!
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

I had similar pains on my left side (pretty sure I o'd from my left ovary...). It made me worried too, so I called and spoke with a nurse at the office, and she asked questions to get a better idea of what I was feeling (not constant, sometimes twingy sharp pains) and told me it was normal. I also had a week or two of sharp pains right in the middle.
    I also had lots of what felt like cramps before a period, and those made me nervous too, but I think it was just everything beginning to grow and adapt in there...long story short, call your PCP or at least some professional who can reassure you also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Summer - as for when to tell, its definitely a personal decision, and you will get 5 different answers if you ask 5 different people.  I will also tell you what we did, but we might have done it differently if there were family gatherings that were earlier or later where we could tell more people in person. 

We told immediate family at 9-10 weeks.  The end of 9 weeks was actually Mother's Day, so we told our moms then.  We heard the heartbeat at our 10-week appointment and told siblings at that time.  We also put them on strict gag orders, since it was important for us to tell people ourselves.  We told more extended family/close friends at 12 weeks after the ERA/Ultrasound, and gradually told other friends and family as we saw them in person, between 12-15 weeks.  I am from California and we had a trip out there during week 13, and told a lot of people then, when we saw them in person.  As we told people, we asked them not to post on facebook since we were still spreading the news.  We "came out" to the public on facebook at 15 weeks (after ensuring that all the most important people had already heard from us in person or over the phone), and I told my boss and close coworkers between 15-16 weeks.  Everyone is different, and you can tell people right away or hold on to the news as you see fit.  Good luck!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Jenn... good luck in the final stretch!  I've very suddenly gone from carrying quite small to having a giganto preggo belly.... so I definitely feel you on the disruption of sudden changes to the status quo.  My varicose veins have been quite prominent for months now... so I'm really not looking forward to the swelling that seems so common in the last month.  And that really sucks about your hands going numb, hopefully your little one shifts around a bit and relieves some of the strain.  Will you get a chance to rest more in the final weeks? 

We are on the pediatrician hunt now ... I called one office that was recommended by a friend, but they don't do any sort of "meet the doctor" events/appts ... and I am just not comfortable picking someone based on their website profile and then not meeting them until I show up with my newborn.  There is another practice that was recommended that seems really nice and arranged for me to have an appt with the doctor that would be our primary.  Maybe not as good as an event where you would get to meet all at once ... but at least I'll get a feel for her bedside manner before I'm sleep deprived and stressed out with a newborn.  I'm hoping the appt goes well and we can check that off our to do list.  I feel like I'm not doing due-dilligence by only checking out this one pediatrician ... but I just don't think I have the stamina for more. 

Oh .. and anyone else having weird pubic bone pain?  I swear my hips are already starting to separate.  It is this pulling sensation that is very localized to the front of my pubic bone/joint.  That and it feel like my rib cage is being spread apart.  Lovely sensation ... let me tell you!

I booked a session for maternity photos for week 36 ... but now I'm worried that by then I will be swollen up like the michelin man or that my varicose veins will be so ugly that my photographer will need to spend endless hours touching up the photos.  The date works really well in terms of I'll be off from work by then, but maybe I'm waiting too long? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

liz, cramps and sharp random pains this early are normal.  If they are suddenly accompanied by a lot of bleeding (even a little spotting is normal), that's a problem.

About telling quite a bit before 12 weeks (11 is about the same to me), I had the experience of working in an office in which a woman told everyone quite early and had a m/c at 10 weeks and spent about 2 weeks telling people something to the effect of, "Well, actually, thanks, but I'm not showing...it's just a loose top."  I witnessed those painful conversations literally 15 years ago, and it still makes me cry for her to think about it.  Telling or not telling is definitely a quandary, but that story always stayed with me and would give me serious pause before being too cavalier with the happy news at work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thanks guys. I think I may have over-reacted. This morning around 3am I woke up with pains, but, and excuse my TMI, I passed gas a lot and it seemed to help. I am starting to think it is constipation/gas pains. Every once in a while, and especially at night I have lower back pain, but I hear that is common when the uterus and ligaments are starting to stretch.

Thank you for calming my nerves!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Miscarriages this early present with bleeding soon after terrible PMS-type cramps begin.  It's totally understandable to worry about early m/c (I had one myself), but I hope you'll try to relax...extreme stress over every ache and pain will only exacerbate your tummy troubles, sleep disturbances, and all the other normal symptoms of early pregnancy as your body deals with an excess of adrenaline and cortisol.