November Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: November Pregnancy

Good to know Chiclet! Apparently it is the "unnecessary" vitamins being released.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Hib - I had the same experience in the first trimester. I was definitely able to eat less in a sitting

Fast forward to 25 weeks, and I am finally noticing a bump in my appetite. It tends to only be at night, though. I went out to dinner both nights this weekend, and both times my companions were all stuffed and I was looking around for the next serving (I went with some late night cereal instead :-)).

So, I've been noticing a phenomenon and am wondering if other cat owners have experienced the same thing. My cat looooves sitting on my lap, and now she's always flush up against my belly when she does. Without fail, LO starts kicking once she gets into position. I'm wondering if her purring is getting through to him. Either way, it's adorable and I'm just waiting for the day she feels one of those kicks and freaks out :-).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Congrats on your baby boy Leila!  I agree with your take that you can plan for anything, but have to be flexible when the time comes.  As long as you end up with a healthy baby, it doesn't matter how they were delivered!  Enjoy these early days with him!

Arcain - you asked a couple of pages back who we looked at for Pediatricians.  We went with Wakefield Pediatric Associates www.wakefieldpedi.com. We also looked into Pediatric Healthcare Associates (they have 5 locations, one in Reading, not too far from us) http://www.phcapediatrics.com/, but we went with Wakefield Pedi due to convenience.  We never made an appointment at the other place, so I don't know how they compare. 

I feel like it doesn't matter if you only meet with one Pediatrician or Day Care provider - if you like them and they work with your needs, logistically and philisophically, then as far as I'm concerned, your search is over!  I know I like to comparison shop, but if you have done your due diligence and know what other options are and you get good recommendations, there is no need wasting time on multiple interviews and appointments.  Hopefully those on the hunt find their pedi and day care provider soon.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

This is an email that I recieved this morning.  What do you think?  I am annoyed but saying anything will not get me anywhere but I wish people would mind their own business...

do not say a word but Roger just told me that Joanne told Mark (my boss) that she thinks you might be prego because you have a lot of appts.  Mark told Roger this last night

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's annoying and totally inappropriate, but I've never known of any pregnancy at work that doesn't start any rumors before the big announcement.  There's just too much evidence to keep the rumor mill from churning out the gossip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

So sorry you have to deal with this pugs.  People just don't mind thier business. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

email back:
    How about when the kid is in third grade I have her/him deal with it since that's how mature all this is?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

or you get all legalese and simple email:
    "At what point did you, Roger, Joanne and Mark decide it was appropriate to talk about my body?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

It is so inappropriate.  And I have my 2nd appt tomorrow so its not like I have had lots of them yet.  Oh well.  I should have known everyone would be watching bc DH and I were married on 9/3/11 and I will be 34 on Thanksgiving.  UGH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Pugs, that sucks!
    Regardless of the immaturity, how can she think you are pregnant due to one appt? 

Just ignore it.  People can speculate all they want - does it really matter?  You can choose to tell them or deny it.  I denied it to a coworker.  When I was feeling nauseous at about 9 weeks, I said something, and she said "well, maybe you're pregnant".  And I said "oh no, no chance of that, I just had my period last week".  Lied through my teeth.  And then when we did announce it, she just laughed and said "I knew it!".  But there were no hard feelings. 

I'm not sure what your relationship is with Roger, Joanne, or Mark, but I would just pretend you were never looped in to their little gossip circle. Good luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

AFM, I am freaking out a bit and waiting for a call back from the nurse.  I had extreme itching on my feet and hands on Sunday, and made the mistake of Googling the symptoms and found out that it could be Choleostasis, a disease of the liver.  The itching seemed to go away with benadryl and cortisone cream, and I didn't really have abnormal itching yesterday, so I didn't call the doctor.  I have my weekly appointment tomorrow, so I figured I would just mention it then.  But today, I chatted with a co-worker who actually HAS Choleostasis, and she told me after 37 weeks, it can be fatal to the baby (she will be going in for a scheduled C Section at 37 weeks due to the condition).  I am at 38 weeks tomorrow!  She apologized for freaking me out and said that since my itching was on the tops of my feet and hands, and not the soles and palms, and since I still have pretty active movement, it should be fine, but I decided I should really call and talk through my symptoms with the doctor/nurse.  They will probably want me to come in for a blood test.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Oh gosh Jennifyr, I'm sorry you're freaking out (and sorry your coworker freaked you out!). I'm glad you called your doctor - I'm sure you're fine, but do keep us posted. Never a dull moment, huh...

And pugs, I'm with Jenn - I'd ignore it. Nothing wrong with lying to coworkers before you're ready to tell, weird as it feels. I was pretty lucky in that department, but one sweet but nosy coworker hadn't seen me for awhile when I was about 14 weeks. She kept saying "you look so different!" I replied "yup, I cut my hair pretty short!" and she was all "no, no, you look really DIFFERENT!" and smirking (and then proceeded to grill my closest friend at work, who lied to cover me, bless her).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

In Response to Re: November Pregnancy:
    This is an email that I recieved this morning.  What do you think?  I am annoyed but saying anything will not get me anywhere but I wish people would mind their own business... do not say a word but Roger just told me that Joanne told Mark (my boss) that she thinks you might be prego because you have a lot of appts.  Mark told Roger this last night
    Posted by pugslove

OMG...NONE of their business. Even if you do have a lot of appointments, LOOK pregnant, etc...NO ONE should say a thing to you until you say something first!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

So, did anyone has a symptomless first trimester, or first few weeks? I have no symptoms, except for fatigue. I'm starting to wonder if I am even pregnant after all!

Actually, I pee about every 30-40 minutes and when I have to go, I have to GO. I almost exploded driving to Whole Foods today...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Jenn, so sorry you're freaking out. Just remember there are SO many other things it could be, plus your coworker's reassurance, and hopefully your doc calls back soon so your mind can be eased. I would say stay away from internet searches for weird symptoms, but I'd be a huge hypocrite for saying that :-).

Thank you, btw, for the pediatrician info. I'm definitely going to look into those two!

Pugs, that is SO obnoxious. I admit I've quietly speculated about friends/coworkers I thought were pregnant, but I never came out and asked b/c I knew they'd tell when they were ready. Ignore or deny it, (probably better to deny so you don't keep hearing rumors) and tell people on your own time.

FWIW, I was the subject of rumors at work from the moment we started trying (fortunately it didn't take very long!). I turned down the wine at an evening event back in March b/c I was in the 2ww of our first month of TTC, and apparently a bunch of coworkers decided I was pg then. To their credit, no one bugged me about it, and we all just laughed about it once I finally DID announce I was pg in July.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

They called me back and want me to come in, so I am headed in now.  They said it was probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.  I'll keep you posted!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

They called me back and want me to come in, so I am headed in now.  They said it was probably nothing, but better safe than sorry.  I'll keep you posted!
    Posted by jennifyr78

Good luck Jenn! I'm sure everything is just fine :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Liz - I'm answering the question you posted on the infants and toddler page. At 6 weeks you may not be having any symptoms at all.  I didn't get morning sickness until about 10 weeks - it lasted until 18 weeks. Some people never feel sick.
    I also started to get tired - but I don't think it was until at least 8-10 weeks.
    Sit back and relax - I'm sure the symptoms will come.  If you really think you might not be pregnant, just take another POAS test. Your levels should be sky high by now and it should show positive for sure.
    Best of luck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Hey liz - symptomless pregnancy (so far) over here. My only real symptom in the first trimester was a little extra fatigue, and waking up once during the night to pee (which I've never really done, and weirdly it's stopped in the second trimester). Aside from breast growth and a little weight gain, that was it. Definitely made me question whether everything was okay, more than once, but I guess some of us luck out in that department! Try not to worry :) And like misslily pointed out, the symptoms may be lurking around the corner...

Good luck, jennifyr, and keep us posted! I'm sure your doctor's right and it's nothing...and you'll be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving feast with peace of mind :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Thanks, Misslily. The reassurance helps! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

liz- I am the same as you, 6 weeks and nothing.  Is it real?  I guess tomorrow when I go to the doctor then Ill know for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

It's a weird feeling, right?! So jealous you have an appointment tomorrow! :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

liz- I am the same as you, 6 weeks and nothing.  Is it real?  I guess tomorrow when I go to the doctor then Ill know for sure.
    Posted by pugslove

Pugs, if you don't mind, what do you think you're DD is?? My first day of last period was October 12th, and all the calculators (I know they aren't 100% accurate) says I am due on July 19th.

I want to email you, because we are basically on the same timeline here

I just sent you a message.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

And I was carrying twins so no symptoms doesn't mean not pregnant!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Wow Misslilly, I can only the imagine the peeing was unbearable at times. I just went for what feels like the 15th time today!

Sections
Shortcuts