november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

november updates

Hi Everyone! 

I'm so excited that I was able to start the november updates because I have some exciting news! 

We found out on friday that we are having a BOY!!!

To be honest, I was a little shocked because I was "sure" that I was having a girl.  (not sure why, just a feeling).

But I am so thrilled to have a little boy and have already started buying a few little things for him - just to make it seem more real. 

Can't wait to hear from the others.  Happy november!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Re: november updates

Congrats on finding out it's a boy! It's so exciting to be able to refer to the LO as a him or her and not just an "it."

I just had my baby shower and hit my 34 week mark so now I just have to "help" (help is loosely used here...) DH assemble all the baby furniture and then just wait for DD to make her appearance! I feel like these last weeks are going to be the longest!

Hope everyone else has some good updates!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Boston! So exciting! I am also "sure" I'm having a girl - so that probably means it's a boy as well! Won't know until April though.
    :-)

LL, hope your shower was fun! You're almost there. :-)

Have we heard from Luv or Stefani yet?

No news from me, 17 weeks today and my next appt is Thursday. FINALLY. We haven't been able to hear the heartbeat yet via doppler (haven't actually seen the doc since like 11 weeks!) so I am really hoping we hear it Thursday...I would think by now it shouldn't be too difficult to pick up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Boston!

Nothing really going on here either - I have my 20 week appt tomorrow and I'm very happy to be at the halfway mark!  This week is supposed to be chilly but I'm going to try my best to walk everyday at lunch. 

Also on a side note I went to DSW over the weekend and got a cute pair of boots, I ordered a couple of longer sweaters that should be arriving tomorrow as well - So I'm going to start wearing leggings this week!

Silver - You should definitely hear the HB on Thursday - When is your U/S scheduled for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

yay for boots! I ordered a winter coat from Old Navy b/c they are/were having a 50% off sale - I ddn't want to spend a lot of money on a coat, but I also did not want to end up breaking the zipper on my North Face - so the 50% off was perfect, it was only $30. Hopefully its warm!

KT, I forget - are you finding out the gender or did you already?

My next u/s is scheduled for 11/22 - right at 20 weeks. I also have the second blood draw for the sequential screening this week, so I'm anxious to FINALLY get results back from that as well. The last 5 weeks have been sort of nervewrecking, come to think of it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh yea a winter coat is a must have - I have one from Motherhood, its okay for warmth, not super - $30 is the perfect price too.

We did not find out, we did not find out with DD.  I really had a lot of fun guessing and doing the old fashioned needle tests, etc.

Once you find out all your screening you'll feel great! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Congrats Boston!!  :-)  I could have sworn mine was girl too.. my husband and I both thought it was, but it's a boy as well!  I literally went out that weekend and bought a few things as well.  I even got his easter outfit already.  I can't believe in exactly 3 months I could meet this little guy! 

I ended up going to old navy to get a coat as well.  I got one of those down or puffy jackets..  i got a woman's XL for only $9!  None of my jackets were zipping anymore and so it was needed.  A friend gave me a gap black puffy vest and another friend gave me this thick maternity zip up sweater so I had been wearing just those two as coats.. I think these three will get me by for the next 3 months. The maternity coats I was seeing were expensive so I was psyched to find that one for only $9 and the arms aren't huge like i was afraid of either.. just seems more roomy and longer. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats boston!  It seemed like the baby girls were outnumbering the baby boys for a little while, but looks like the boys are catching up.  :)

I've been out shopping the last couple weeks and I'm so excited to find that a big trend this year is dress pants with elastic waists!  I found them at Kohl's and NY and Company.  They're still stylish, but so comfy and there's plenty of room to grow.  Yay for non-maternity maternity clothes! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

thanks everyone!!

Pugs - I have been buying those pants from NY and Co, even before I was expecting!  They are like wearing yoga pants and since I'm on the floor all day (i work with little kids) it's perfect!

I guess i have to get a winter coat too.  i'm not very big yet, but i'm sure in a few short months i'll wish i bought one.  thanks for the tips ladies. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats on the boy Boston.

Can't believe it's Nov. already! I am 16 weeks today and not showing at all, i decided to ask my midwife when she thought I'd be showing. She said well probably on the later side since I have a long torso. She also said i wouldn't have a basketball belly, and would carry closer to me.  I am thin (well not so much anymore now that I've gained 1lb. a week) so I thought for sure I'd be showing by now.  Now I am thinking it will be more like Christmas.  Not sure why I am so excited to show, but I am.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, I'm not showing either really! People keep telling me I am, but they don't know its just fat. I am tall and also have a longer torso - and a tilted uterus taboot...so who knows when I'll REALLY start showing.

Hopefully we both get bellies soon! I'm excited to start showing just so I can stop looking fat!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I know it's kinda funny b/c when I co-workers say omg you're not even showing at all! You're 16 weeks??  I say well I've gained weight. They say "no way, not at all"  But my close friends say, ya you can tell you've put on a few pounds/filled out.  So I know the real truth!! :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

yeah  now that everyone at work pretty much knows, I am just letting it all hang out - right now I am bloated so I definitely look pregnant. haha.

Of course, another woman I work with (pregnant with her 3rd) is 15 weeks and she has a legit bump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats on your boy, Boston!

Wish we would hear something from Luv or Stefani!  I'm sure they both have their hands full.

Glad you are all doing well and will be excited to hear when you all officially feel like you've "popped"!  I couldn't wait to start showing and it felt like it took forever (I think I was about 20 weeks).  Of course, my friend who is pg with her third was like Silver's friend - popped instantly.  She hated it, and I was jealous!  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks, Silver, for reminding me to post in the November thread :o)

I still have the cold - soooo stuffy.  Yesterday I gave in and bought the only two things my NP had mentioned were OK: Clor-Trimeton (sp?) and a neti pot.  The Clor-Trimeton is for runny nose/sneezing/itchy eyes & throat, so I gave the neti pot a shot for the stuffy nose. 
    It's a little weird, but worked pretty well.  You basically pour salt water up one nostril and it comes out the other nostril... along with all the goodies that were up there.  When I did it in the middle of the day, my nose was stuffy again pretty quickly.  But when I did it before bed, my nose was still clear when I woke up!

I'm debating whether or not to go in the bathroom at work and do it!  Why oh why don't we have any private sinks??

I also FINALLY bought some bigger bras this weekend.  After I tried them on and put my smaller bra back on it was SO ridiculously obvious I should not have been wearing that smaller bra!!  I didn't realize just how awful it looked until then.  Oh well - there are only 2 people in the world who see me walking around in a bra!  (unless the neighbors count)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

One more thing... I rubbed conditioner all over my face in the shower this morning.  Pregnancy brain?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

HA!  I can't believe you posted that!!  I put facewash in my hair and was shocked as soon as I did it...  seriously?! 

The nedi pot is the BEST!  when I had my cold at like 18-20 weeks that totally helped... i had to do it a few times a day though.. I got in the habit of doing it in the morning, at night, and when I got home from work for about 4 days i think total.  the more I did it, the more it really cleared out!  gross but totally worked.  My husband uses it once at the first start of him getting any kind of stuffiness and it always works for him and he gets rid of anything before it even starts.  this is the first time I ever used it and i think i waited too long to start but i'm definitely a believer in it now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

can i ask a super dumb question that I have been wondering for years now and just never asked...  what does the D stand for when people write DH, DS, and DD..??  i figured out the H is husband, the S is son, and the D is daughter, but what is the first D??  in my head i say designated but who knows if that is right.... doesn't seem like it...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Darling or Dear

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Jan, D = Dear.  Although sometimes when I'm talking about my DH, "dear" isn't exactly the word I'm thinking of.  :)

Silver and ajuly, you will be showing before you know it!  I was like both of you; I took quite awhile to show (and I still have people insisting that I don't look pregnant, but I think they're just being nice at this point).  Then once I hit about 20 weeks every morning the bump looked bigger.  I definitely have a noticeable belly now.  It's coming, trust me!

Question for you ladies -- when did you pick a pediatrician?  My doctor told me at my last appointment that we should be thinking about it.  I got a recommendation from my girlfriend who loves her DD's doctor, so I think I'm going to go with that practice.  When do I call them?  Do I just tell them when I'm due and ask if they're taking new patients?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

In the TTC section of the forums there is a whole list of acronyms that really helped me!
    Since we're doing "silly" questions I have one that I forgot to ask my doctor today...
    I want to go see paranormal activity 2 but am concerned that a scary movie could cause me to "pop" out a kid before she's ready! Am I being overly concerned about something that won't happen or should I wait to see the movie until after I have her?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

OMG... I can't believe I am actually posting on this board, after nearly 18 months of trying!  After a blood test on Friday that had very low HCG levels, I had another one today and the levels have increased nearly 6-fold.  So, I'm  4 wks + 5days.

Still early days, but oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!  Thrilled!!! And, we did it ourselves, without IUI!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Welcome Prill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

LL - i never thought to ask that but we watched a couple of scary movies Saturday night and he was bouncing around in there.. i was wondering if he knew i was tense or scared.. haha!  but then again, he always seems to be crazy in there these days..

Pugs - I actually called a pediatrician office last week.  Told them i heard to get someone early and to see if anyone is taking new patients and they told me who and just told me to call as soon as i give birth and that they will want to see me 2 days after I get home.  They didn't even take my name but said to say I spoke to someone already when I called..  I guess I'm all set! one of the two doctors I wanted was taking new patients so that worked! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    In the TTC section of the forums there is a whole list of acronyms that really helped me! Since we're doing "silly" questions I have one that I forgot to ask my doctor today... I want to go see paranormal activity 2 but am concerned that a scary movie could cause me to "pop" out a kid before she's ready! Am I being overly concerned about something that won't happen or should I wait to see the movie until after I have her?
    Posted by LLTyrrell

what?

Sections
Shortcuts