november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: november updates

Sprout - My m/s went away around weeks 10-11 and then my boobs stopped being sore about a week later.  I'm sure that soreness comes back towards the end though!

For those of you who are further along or who recently delivered, when did you feel round ligament pains?  Did you ever? 
    My abdomen felt tender for maybe a week around 20 (?) weeks, but I think that was partially from overdoing it.  I'm wondering at what point it will really start to stretch and possibly hurt.  I'm up 11 lbs so far, so I'm sure things will change once I'm up 20... or more.
    When did you get stretch marks, if at all?  Do some people just get the silvery ones as opposed to the red ones?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

With DD, I started getting round ligament pains around 21 weeks or so (I think).  Never got any stretch marks.  This time, the RLP came much earlier, at like 14 weeks and they seem to be much worse this time too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Lil, I agree with the others around 9/10 weeks I started feeling better, although still tired.

Fram, I'm 20 weeks and had some ligament pain earlier in the week, its gone now.  It sort of felt uncomfortable in the groin area when walking, just sitting it was fine.  I don't actually remember my stomach hurting from stretching during the later stages of my last pregnancy, more discomfort from Braxton Hicks.  I did not get and stretch marks I used some good cream but who knows if that even did anything.  I haven't started the creams yet but probably should start soon.

No pregnancy excitement to share here - Just very happy that its Friday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I started the stretch mark cream yesterday - partly b/c my skin is getting dry due to the cold weather, and partly b/c I'm finally starting to get a legit baby belly and I will do anything I can to prevent stretch marks...even if they are destined to appear despite my efforts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, I think you may have mentioned this recently -- anyone have issues with getting carsick during their pregnancy?  I've noticed in the last week or so that every time I'm a passenger in a car, I get nauseous, but if I'm driving I'm fine. 

And on a totally separate and unrelated note, is there a nice way of suggesting that people stop buying baby clothes for you?  My MIL keeps going to see DH at work to drop off clothes, and they are SO BAD.  We're talking insanely frilly dresses that look totally uncomfortable, an obnoxious amount of pink, etc.  I wish she'd stop spending money on things I know my DD will never wear!  Even DH is mortified at the stuff she's buying...that's when you know it's bad.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs - That was me.  A couple weeks ago I felt VERY nausous once while DH was driving and once while I was driving home from work.  Both times I was reeeally hungry, so I think driving on an empty stomach is a no-no.
    As far as the clothes... As long as you won't feel obligated to use them, MIL isn't hurting anyone.  I would mention how you've received SO much clothing already, to try to discourage her, but she's only wasting her own money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Ugh, Pugs, I know that is going to happen to us. My MIL already went out and bought lamps for the nursery...???? Lamps. For my child's nursery, which isn't even painted yet. She's never seen the bedding. Yet she bought lamps. She also assumed I needed more than one lamp. She assumed I wanted a lamp. UGH. MILs are the worst.

So, I don't have any advice for you except that I feel your pain. Maybe you can pick one or two of the not-so-awful dresses and just put them on her when your MIL is visiting just to appease her. But, it sounds like a job for your DH to let her know that a.) you have your own tastes and b.) you don't need anymore clothes right now...perhaps she would like to buy something off your registry instead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Pugs- I have to drive all the time now. Granted most of the time DH has had too much to drink, so I have to drive anyway, but I can't be a passenger in a car either.  Any weird movements like the car or  fast moving commercials on tv make me feel sick.  ugh!

Silver- yay on the bump showing. I am giving it till 20 wks for me.  Two co workers just walked in and said, omg you don't even look pregnant!  I'm hoping by xmas time I'll have some cute bump photos!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oh Pugs...  I think that happens no matter what.  It's like the ugly kitten sweater you get from the great aunt at Christmas... you just have to wear it once, take a picture, and then give it to Goodwill...  She's probably really excited for her grand-daughter, so she'll keep buying those things.  Is there any way you can emphasize that your style is a bit different?  i.e. less frilly and pink?  (Maybe say that you like the novelty items, but you really need more neutral items?)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Silver-  "MILs are the worst" - I hope we all remember that if/when we become mothers in law :)  (But it's true...I think women have it harder than men in the inlaw categories.  I'm convinced mothers of sons are much more overbearing and become overbearing/over-involved MILs.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I don;t get too motion sick in the car but my commute on the train is pretty painful with the motion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Sprout, that's what I was thinking.  I really love the mini versions of adult clothes for babies -- the little jeans, cardigans, etc.  SO cute.  I may try to casually mention that (or have DH mention it, since talking to her makes me want to scream) and hope she gets the hint.  I'd just hate for her to keep buying clothes for them only to mysteriously "go missing."  Wink

Really Silver?  Lamps?  Probably wouldn't be the first thing I would think someone would need for a nursery...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i'm back!  ladies thanks for thinking of me.  prill, again i'm so glad you joined the PG boards - here's hoping for a healthy and happy 9 months!  welcome to other newly PG ladies too!

my update: the babies were born by c-section saturday.  boy: 5 lbs 14 oz; girl: 7 lbs 3 oz.  all went well, but i second luv's suggestion on the tape over th incision - yowzer!  i think that hurt more than the incision!  i had fairly painful gas due to the procedure too, but everthing felt better after a day or two.  i would say that the c-section was more surgical and scarier than i expected - you know, the whole OR thing.  this coming from someone who did NOTHING to prepare though, keep in mind!  :)  i had high blood pressure when i got checked into the hosp. (after not having high BP ever during the pregnancy), and it didn't resolve itself after a few days so i ended up staying an extra day and getting some magnesium drip IV for 24 hours - the dr's think i developed preeclampsia right before the birth.  but, i'm home now with no special meds, just feet the size of the titanic rather than the boats i had before.  ;)

being home is good - the babies really just sleep and eat at this point still - maybe it's the calm before the storm.  :)

bfeeding is not going so well.  after a day of just bfeeding, the babies lost 10% of their body weight so they went on formula.  now i'm day 6 post-birth and each time i pump i get between a teaspoon and a tablespoon of milk from each b**b.  the LC at the hospital was *very* reasonable and basically told me she thought i might just not have enough milk glands in my b**bs to produce.  my b**bs didn't really grow during the preganncy and are still not very full especially between them (e.g. where someone with normal size b**bs would have cleavage) - apparently these are signs.  anyway i'm going to pump every 3 hours for a couple more days to see if that does anything, but after that i'm not sure what's next.  i can't imagine that getting a teaspoon of milk from each b**b at this point bodes well.  any thoughts? 

so glad to not be PG anymore!  that last month was MISERY!  :)

ok - good luck to all of you ladies!  keep up with the updates!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Tomorrow night is my first 'test'.  Dinner at a friends place... and I am usually a big wine drinker, so it going to be totally noticable if I'm not drinking!  DH doesn't drink, so we can't even play the old switcharoo(although, maybe he will, just for one night!) or claim to be the designated driver.

I'm thinking the antibiotics route is waaaaay to obvious, so may plead that I have a hangover from tonight (yes, from my exciting Friday night where I did grocery shopping before napping on the sofa!).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    [QUOTE]Silver-  "MILs are the worst" - I hope we all remember that if/when we become mothers in law :)  (But it's true...I think women have it harder than men in the inlaw categories.  I'm convinced mothers of sons are much more overbearing and become overbearing/over-involved MILs.)
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

Except my mom, she's the BEST Mother-in-law in the world! hahaa.  At least I think my DH is very lucky to have her. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats on the little ones Stefani! Sorry about the breastfeeding, a tablespoon sounds like such a little amount.  I wonder what women did in the old days before forumla when they didn't produce milk? Random thought, I know.

Prill- let the fun of hiding it begin. I had this happen with a very close friend and I ended up having to tell her because I couldn't hide not drinking with just the 4 of us at her house.  Other times I just had a glass of wine or a drink in hand and prended to drink it, and either DH drank it secretly or I dumped it in the bathroom Much harder to do at someone's house, than a bar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

And I adore my MIL.  In fact, I probably enjoy her more than I do my own mom!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations Stefani!  I am with you with the milk production.  In the old days they used to have wet nurses which I am sure is still going on in some places.  Women who produce a ton of breast milk would help feed the other children.  My sister pointed out to me given her infertility and mine that we are not exactly reproductive giants so what else to expect.  I had to laugh.  (2 weeks after the whole ordeal I am now able to laugh again.  What a relief!)

On a side note, I would love to be a wet nurse and lose all those calories everyday.

Question for those who gave birth - I have essentially lost everything but about 2 lbs from the pregnancy but still have a little pooch.  I asked my OB how long it takes for the uterus to go back to normal.  She said 6 weeks but it is taking her four years and she still has a little pooch.  Any plans on getting rid of this??  I am lucky enough to be back in my regular jeans but a little more muffin top if you know what I mean.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Stefani - congrats!  Welcome babies, finally!

Prill - I held the wine glass and pretended to drink it and then made my DH sip out of it when no one was looking.  My other trick was to slap a cotton ball and a band-aid on my arm and claim that I had donated blood that day and was advised to not drink.  (Because the antibiotics thing never works!!  Or at least I never believe it...)  Last weekend I filled an empty beer bottle with water and drank out of it - no one was the wiser.  Not even my DH.  He was really confused.

That said, one of my friends from college is up tonight from NYC and I'm not quite ready to make the announcement...whenever she and I get together we do nothing but drink so I may have to confess...I still feel too early to do that!  I'm the worst liar, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Luck - is the pooch fat or is it saggy ab muscles?  Might just be a matter of some serious ab/core workouts...tighten it all back up again? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Stefani!  That's tough with the milk - My mom could not nurse and once she had a mammogram they were able to see the duct (or lack of) and that explained it.

Luck, I lost most of my weight right away but the little pooch does take a good amount longer to go away.Things didn't go back to exactly like before but the pooch did go down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Wow you ladies really go all out to hide the early pregnancy! :-)

Congrats Stefani, sorry you're having trouble but glad everyone is home and healthy otherwise!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Someone mentioned stretch marks earlier and I have developed what I consider to be horrible, red stretch marks on my belly and didn't know what tips anyone had for getting rid (or I guess just fading them) after birth?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

LLTy -   Anything sold off the shelf cannot penetrate the skin deep enough to make a difference, unfortunately.  They may go away (or at least lessen) after you give birth. If they continue to be a great concern after bubs arrives, then medical intervention and/or lasering are the only options.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Stefani - I had similar supply/weight loss issues with DS. When I started pumping I yielded about the same amounts you are getting. It was very frustrating. I started pumping about every 3 hours and my production wasn't going up too much. Then I got a bigger size breast shield (went from med to large) and this really helped my production. It took a while to figure this out b/c normally if the shield is too small it would be painful when you pump. Wasn't the case for me. Maybe just pumping more frequently will help you.

Are you using a hospital grade pump? These are more powerful.

They also say that taking the herb fenugreek helps milk supply. It didn't help me but I know others it did help. What did help me was taking the prescription drug domperidone. It's expensive (about $165 for 30 day supply) but my production went up by 50% after I started taking it.

So for all of my efforts (meeting 2x week with LC's, drugs/herbs, constant pumping), the most I ever yielded was 15 oz a day. I pumped for 7 months but my LO always had to have formula as a supplement. Try not to make yourself too crazy. So many babies get only formula and grow up to be very healthy. I know everyone is very different and my experiences may not help you at all but hopefully they will. Good luck and congratulations!