november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: november updates

how exciting, ajuly! We have our 20-week ultrasound on Monday but will not be finding out. That is, assuming I can make it through the ultrasound without saying, "Ok fine tell me..."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Stay strong, Silver!!  I know you've wavered back and forth with this one but I think you really want to keep it a secret, don't you! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

My question of the day:  why is it that as soon as people find out that you're pregnant, all manners and proper etiquette go right out the window?

I've always been a VERY private person at work...I don't go into detail about my personal life with anyone in the office (aside from my group of good friends from work).  So why is it now suddenly okay to comment on my body, ask me very personal questions about my pregnancy, or tell me how I'm going to change my mind about everything from having another baby to the amount of time off I plan to take?

Grrrrrrr! Don't these people realize how dangerous it is to anger the pregnant lady???  Yell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, i wish i could "like" your post. :-) It is uncanny how people all of a sudden think you are interested in talking to them/hearing their thoughts and opinions just b/c you're pregnant.

silly vent of the day...I'm soooo bummed b/c my boss just told me he's trying to get budget approved to go to this forum in san fran that we go to each year, and this year cyndi lauper is giving a private concert!! Argh! It is Mid-February so I may or may not be allowed to fly, but at that point I'm guessing I won't want to plus I think my shower will be around that time so my mom will be visiting. Dang. Last year at this forum I got 1st place in the karaoke contest...I would totally challenge Cyndi Lauper to a sing-off!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Pugs I totally agree with your observation about manners! Since when is it okay for a stranger in a grocery store to comment that I "must be having a gigantic baby" ?!?!?! I was flabergasted!

On a happier note, I just got back from my 36 week appointment and it was the first time they checked to see if I was dilated and effaced (not sure if thats the word or spelling). To my shock I was 2cm dilated, 50% effaced and the baby is head down. I'm not sure what this exactly means, I know somepeople can go from 0-10cm overnight or you can remain at a certain dilation for weeks. But is this any indication that L&D are around the corner or should I try not to get my hopes up about meeting DD sooner rather then later?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    My question of the day:  why is it that as soon as people find out that you're pregnant, all manners and proper etiquette go right out the window? I've always been a VERY private person at work...I don't go into detail about my personal life with anyone in the office (aside from my group of good friends from work).  So why is it now suddenly okay to comment on my body, ask me very personal questions about my pregnancy, or tell me how I'm going to change my mind about everything from having another baby to the amount of time off I plan to take? Grrrrrrr! Don't these people realize how dangerous it is to anger the pregnant lady???  
    Posted by PugsandKisses

Just wait until you start pumping. I had to tell coworkers several times that I didn't feel comfortable discussing my breasts in the workplace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Wed - I've been getting migraines again too. I used to get them a lot when I was younger. They seemed to get less frequent in college, even before I went on the pill and ever since then I've gotten 1 just before my period every month. It sucked, but at least it was predictable. I've gotten them every 10-14 days since I've gotten pregnant. I don't like taking medicine under normal circumstances, now I don't want to do anything that could put the baby at risk... but the migraine combined with the m/s is rough. Have you talked to your dr about them yet?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT just read your post - hope everything turned out ok at the OBs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Soxgirl - I did talk to my dr.  The pain was so bad and I didn't want to take too much Tylenol.  She prescribed me something that I held off on for another 24 hours b/c I was worried as well, though in the end I figured she wouldn't have given me something that wasn't safe so I took it.  My migraine was gone when I woke up the next morning. I don't know the name right now, but it is a combination tylenol, caffeine and a sleep aid.  I think the sleep aid was the key as I wasn't able to sleep the previous 2 nights and this really helped.  

Prill - I know what you mean about the smells.  I haven't had any nausea to speak of, though certain smells definitely turn me off.  I made a nice dinner one night, went to reheat it for dinner the next night and I couldn't stand the smell so it went in the trash.  

KT - hope everything went ok today!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

KT - Hope everything is OK!

Wed - My poor SIL had migraines constantly until about 12 weeks.  For her, it seemed to be because she was getting up to pee 2-3 times every night.  Not getting enough sleep messed with her head.  Hopefully none of you have to deal with anything like that, but try your best to get lots of sleep!

My cousin just told me she's 10 weeks pregnant and I am SOOO excited!!  We have gotten really close over the past few years, so having babies 4 months apart is going to be awesome.

Business trip is crazy hectic!  Today I didn't have time to go to the caf so I had a small bag of trail mix for lunch.  Amazingly, I never really got hungry.  This baby is taking up a lot of room lately!  I haven't gotten on a scale since last week, but I'm pretty sure I gained about 3 lbs over the weekend!  DH agrees that something changed between Friday and Sunday LOL.

My ankles are swollen!!!  I was completely in denial that this day would come.  It may have been caused by flying yesterday, but once I thought about it I realized that my legs have been swollen for a couple of weeks - deep sock marks at the end of the day.  Maybe my ankles were swollen earlier and I just refused to notice :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Morning ladies - Went to the dr's yesterday and everything is perfectly fine.  They measured, checked the heartbeat, and did an internal and everything was fine - phew! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wed, was it Fioricet that your Dr. gave you?  I was on that before and it really helped with the migraines.  If it's safe during pregnancy, I would definitely recommend anybody getting headaches to ask their doctor about it...that stuff was a miracle drug for me.

KT, so happy to hear that everything is fine with you and the baby!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Oh boy Fram, I bet the swelling is from flying.  I am sure that day will be here for me too, I already do not have clearly defined ankles (but refuse to call them cankles!). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - glad to here the appointment went well!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Prill - I meant to say congrats on the u/s!  I'm surprised they would even try to do an external u/s so early.

I really seem to have turned a corner... I don't have much of an appetite, Everything gives me heartburn - everything, I haven't slept well the past few nights, My ankles/legs are swollen at night, and I can't seem to sit comfortably without getting out of breath.

Not complaining - just throwing it out there!  26 weeks seems to be the cutoff for the easiest portion of my pregnancy :o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trinitalia. Show Trinitalia's posts

Fram - I'm 26 weeks too and I hear ya about the heartburn, shortness of breath, and swelling, etc.  I've been having such an easy pregnancy so far though that I can't really complain.

A word about the swelling issue....the swelling in my legs/ankles/feet started to get really bad probably around last week.  I drink plenty of water and try to keep my legs elevated as much as possible, but the swelling always gets seriously intense by the middle of the day.  A few days ago I got these compression socks from CVS.... http://www.futuro-usa.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Futuro/Global/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GN080ICTTIVBG2092_nid=GN1C6XBF25gs3MGR9685XMglL3DCTB5410bl and they have absolutely been a lifesaver!  I went back the next day and bought a few more pairs :-)  They get the job done and are a lot cheaper than most other compression products out there for pregnancy...plus you can print out a $3 off coupon from their website.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Pugs, that is exactly the drug she gave me.  It had some dire warnings on the label, though seemed to pertain to the 3rd trimester.  I don't intend to take it again if I don't have to, though it was a miracle worker. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram, I had horrible heartburn with DD and had to change my diet pretty drastically.  Talk to your doctor and see if they are okay with you taking Zantac or another strong heartburn OTC medicine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    I was wondering if anyone had experience with a chiropractor during pregnancy.  Was also thinking of acupuncture.  One of my legs is a tiny bit shorter, so I get back pains off and on as it is.  More frequent with the pregnany.
    Posted by framerican51008

Fram - I haven't been, but my chiropractor said he does treat pregnant women all the way through 9 mos (I know some won't).  He's great and in North Reading if you are looking.  One of my legs is shorter than the other too and I was seeing him for lower back pain and some related numbness. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oooh thanks SLP, that's a good location.  I'll have to ask my OB what she recommends.

And thank you for the other ideas.  The heartburn isn't tooooo bad (so far) just more frequent the past 1-2 weeks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hi ladies, I have another first trimester question for you...  I'm 10.5 weeks and have had perma-bloat for about a week solid now.  I've noticed when I go to bed and fall asleep and then roll over to switch positions, my lower (very low - like right above my pubic bone) ab muscles seem to be very sore.  It's almost like I have to wind up and kick my leg over to roll from one side to the other.  Is that weird?  I mean my fetus is like one ounce, it's not like I'm hefting a baby!  I am wondering if my abs are just tired from being so distended all afternoon/evening?  I feel like they're so stretched - and what's funny is that it's not even baby yet!  I really should have nothing to complain about!

Has anyone else had this or am I just hyper-aware of that area of my pelvis now? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Sprout I worry at random pains and aches that range anywhere from my rib cage down to the bottom of my pelvis.  By all reports though, it is quite normal - although baby may not be big yet, your uterus (and all that surrounds it) are already preparing and getting larger.  Some days I feel like I have done 100s of crunches.

It may also be gas - I find that I am much much more bloated and gassy by days end, than I am when I wake up.

I also just ate gorgonzola for lunch.  Is that bad?  Oops.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

gorgonzola is pasteurized; it's fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Prill - I think I read somewhere that by law, cheeses made in the US have to be made from pasteurized milk.  It's the imported ones you really have to look at closely.  Don't quote me on that, though.  I'd still check the label before eating any soft cheeses just in case.  But now just sit back and enjoy your meal :)  It's too late anyway! 

On the topic of forbidden foods...  I was in the State Street T stop the other day and this kid came up next to me with the biggest, most delicious smelling hot dog I've ever seen...  I nearly snatched it out of his hands and ran.  I can't say I've ever craved a hot dog like I did in that moment. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Just got back from the u/s it's a boy!! Seems like there are lots of girls on here, so I'm just balancing it out. Wink

Sections
Shortcuts