november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: november updates

Aw, congrats on your boy ajuly! :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congrats ajuly!  

Sprout, at 9.5 weeks I feel the same way.  If I stretch too far or move a certain way it is sore.  I mentioned it to my dr. last week and she said it was normal as long as there is no bleeding. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Aww ajuly, congrats on your baby boy!!!

Well, it officially happened...an obnoxious co-worker of mine actually tried to corner me and touch my stomach.  I've never moved so fast in my life.  It went something like this:

Co-worker, getting uncomfortably close:  "Ohmygodlookatthebellyohmygodohmygod, CAN I TOUCH YOUR STOMACH?"
    Me:  "No.  Absolutely not.  Never."
    Co-worker:  "Why, do you think it's bad luck?"
    Me:  "No.  I don't like people touching me inappropriately."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  I wonder if I can just take my maternity leave now, because I'm pretty sure I can't deal with this for 3 more months.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Ajuly!

Pugs - I think I must give off a DO NOT TOUCH ME vibe no one ever tries to touch my stomach other than DH, not even my family which actually seems funny now that I think about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

KT, I definitely give off the same vibe, but this woman is just CRAZY!  This is the same woman who upon hearing I was pregnant decided it would be appropriate to tell me all the details about conceiving her children.

::Vomits::

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Gross - Why do people have to overshare like that! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Ajuly, congratulations on your boy!  I too am having a little boy, so maybe the tides are turning.  Silver, stay strong, don't find out what you're having.  I've done it both ways, and to help you keep your resolve, I'll say that finding out at the ultrasound was anticlimatic for me.  The tech announced "it's a boy!" and then went about her business of measuring things.  I felt like there should have been more fanfare involved.Wink  

Pugs, I can't believe that coworker.  Sounds like a real treat.  So far, in 1.5 pregnancies, no one other than really close relatives and medical professionals have touched my belly. I feel lucky.

20 weeks today -- I'm halfway there! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, good for you!! That woman sounds insane.

am, thanks for the pep talk!! :-) Congrats on being 20 weeks - I'm only a few days behind you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats ajuly!
    And AM - can't remember if we already knew it was a boy before today?

Silver - Did you have your ultrasound and/or get your results yet?  Hope everything looks fabulous.

Pugs - I am so glad my co-workers aren't like that!!  Lucky you!  It's interesting because my group is all so friendly but no one has attempted to touch me so far.

I definitely grew since last week because people can not stop staring at my belly today LOL.  (Back from my business trip)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, the ultrasound is Monday morning. I'm so glad it is first thing in the day so i dont have to wait all day. Can't wait to just see that everything is good! I'm actually a little sad b/c I realized it is likely the last ultrasound I will have until the baby comes. I've defintely been spoiled.

I got the initial results from the SST and they were low-risk. I am considering the 2nd results also must be low-risk - I figure no news is good news? I see my doctor on the 29th and he'll confirm then.

So funny that you say everyone is staring at your belly - I have definitely noticed people  "checking me out" as I walk by...for the first time I understand what women with big boobs must feel like..."eyes up here, people!" And my belly is only just starting to look like a baby belly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Silver, good luck at your ultrasound today!  Also, I would assume no news is good news for your results.

I'm heading back to the dentist today to have my stupid pregnancy tumor thing removed - I'm really hoping its not as painful as I am imagining it to be.  I am a big baby about the dentist.  Bonus is that I am taking a 1/2 day and can do a few errands before the appointment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, good luck this morning!  I agree with the others...if the doctors were concerned about something, they would have let you know by now. 

I can't wait to see if you stuck to your guns or if you found out the sex!!!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Silver good luck with the u/s.

Last night I had trouble sleeping on either side. It really hurt my stomach to lay on either side, so I was on my back most of the night.  Anyone else have this happen? Could it be gas? Round ligament pain?  It was strange...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thanks, ladies! u/s went great this morning - and we did not find out. Cool

Ironically, I don't think we would have been able to if we wanted!

The baby was very cozy in his/her position and refused to budge. I actually have to go back in 2 weeks so they can get a shot of the kidneys b/c that's the one picture she wasn't able to get a clear shot of (she said she wasn't worried, it was just the position of hte baby and lack of cooperation). Great heartrate at 163, too so it looks like everything is going great! So excited. And we are officially half-baked today at 20 weeks. woohoo!

ajuly, I was having a hard time getting comfy last night too...and was also wondering if it was gas. It didn't feel "sharp" like they say round ligament is, it was just uncomfortable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Yay Silver.  Congrats on the great ultrasound.  Our baby was uncooperative too, so we had to go back the next week.  I guess it's very common.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

of course DH swears that the woman accidentally slipped and said "he" but then tried to cover it up by saying she couldn't tell. I think  he's imagining things...I certainly didn't hear her say that and I'm pretty sure I was listening for it. My mom's theory is that if the tech really couldn't see anything then maybe its a girl. :-) Obviously I think my mom is a genius. haha. We'll see...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Silver - Even if she did say "he" it might not mean anything; DH still says it even though we've known for months that it's a girl LOL!!  Then again, if you want it to be a boy then it totally meant something :o)

Nothing much new here.  Haven't been sleeping too well, but I guess that is to be expected now that I've really popped.  Looking forward to seeing both side of our family on Thanksgiving!  I hope the baby will kick for everyone!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I am excited, we are planning to tell my parents and siblings at Thanksgiving.  I just have to figure out how to make sure no one tells or posts anything on Facebook until we get to tell DH's parents, we aren't seeing them for 2 more weeks and wanted to tell them in person.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Good luck Wed.  Your telling your parents at Thanksgiving is making me think of the movie For Keeps with Molly Ringwald.  "I'm Pregnant, Please pass the turnips."  :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We had no issues with Facebook.  Whenever we told someone we just made it VERY clear that we were not telling other people yet and it should not be posted online.  But I guess you never know who might slip!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Please tell me I'm not the only one working today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Nope, I'm working - And counting down until its time to leave!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I'm "working" from home. So far I've made a pumpkin pie, vacuumed, walked to the store to buy yeast, made homemade dinner rolls, and I just did "Bootylicious Buns 2" on demand  (to burn off all the dough I ate). Very productive work from home day. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

"Bootylicious Buns 2"???  Hahaha!  I think if I saw that on my on demand guide I'd quicky pass by...or at least joke to DH about ordering! 

I'm at work, too...waiting to be officially dismissed! 

We are making the grand announcement at Thanksgiving, too!  Tomorrow marks 12 weeks at LAST!!!! 

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!  I am totally going to milk the "eating for two" excuse this weekend :) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oh - and I think it was Pugs who warned me and who I should thank... I had only mild morning sickness which lasted from weeks 5-8...  and it totally came back with a vengeance yesterday!  So I am really hoping I have an appetite tomorrow!