november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: november updates

hahaa. I saw the name and couldn't resist. It was free anyway... :-)

Good luck Wed & Sprout, telling your families! It will be a turkey day to remember, I'm sure. Sprout I hope you get a break from the morning sickness tomorrow!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats to Sprout and Wed!  It is so exciting and surreal to get to a point where you feel like you can tell people.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I am thankful for expandable waist pants tomorrow:) 
    Happy Turkey Day Everyone! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I am thankful that I am still at a point where I can eat a FULL plate of delicious food!

Any tips for side sleeping?  My neck is KILLING me.  I seriously want to go home so I can get a massage from DH.  It's been hurting for about 4 days. 
    I actually sleep on my side regularly, but normally can switch to my back or stomach if my shoulders or back start to hurt.  I've been sleeping exclusively on my sides for weeks, lately with a regular pillow wedged under my belly and a spherical pillow between my knees.  Anything else that might specifically help the shoulders and neck?  Thanks!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Sprout, I really wish I was wrong about the m/s!  I hope you were still able to enjoy your meal yesterday!

Fram, my upper back and shoulders have been killing me lately, so I broke down and bought a Homedics shiatsu massage pillow at Kohl's.  I swear, that was the best $40 I ever spent!  I just throw it on the back of my chair at home for about 20 minutes, and it's been a lifesaver.  I can't wait to go home and use it tonight...  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Well, I'm back in the Bean after a week in Toronto for work.  This morning sickness will be the end of me, I swear!  I can also advise that turbulent flights are not the friend of the pregnant traveller, my God, the longest hour and half of my life! My (.)(.) have also doubled in size while I was away, much to DH's delight!!

Hope evryone had a good Thanksgiving and overindulged in their turkey & cranberry!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Prill!  Still feeling sick?  I had some turbulence during my flight 2 weeks ago; now that you mention it, I am soooo glad I wasn't feeling nauseous at the time!!

CVS is having a sale on vitamins again - buy one get one free.  I buy the combo pack of prenatals and DHA because it's cheaper than buying an RX and then DHA separately.  60 day supply is $26 so I saved 26 yesterday woo hoo!

I have my 28 week checkup tomorrow, as well as the glucose test.  I'm glad I called today to ask what the deal is because I didn't realize I had to stick around for an hour after drinking the glucola, as she called it.  Of course I have a big presentation to give tomorrow morning!
    I think I've gained 5-7 lbs since my appointment 5 weeks ago.  I guess that is to be expected, but still shocking!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

oooooooh Fram thanks for the tip about the vitamins - perfect timing b/c I'm about to run out!

hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks for the tip Fram, I was going to post to see if someone knew they were on sale!  I keep forgetting you're 8 wks. ahead of me, you must be looking very pregnant by now! I am dreading the glucose test, please let us know how it is.  You're right on track with the weight. My hope is that I only gain 1lb a week from here on out, I gained a little too much in the 1st tri!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram, the glucose test wasn't bad, at least I didn't think so It was like a real sweet flat soda.  I was trying to remember over the weekend if the test was at 24 or 28, I was leaning more towards 28.

I think I've gained 4 since my last appointment, I am going to go for a nice long walk in just a few to get air and exercise. 

I am very excited, one of my friends is done having babies and is giving me her bassinet and papasan style swing so there are 2 big items off my list!

ETA, I can not stop thinking about dessert, ice cream sundaes, chocolates, cakes, frosting, cupcakes, etc - Am I the only one?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Pugs - I actually felt great on Thanksgiving day and have felt great since!  So of course I gorged and am now feeling it still...I am definitely in the puffy stage so with all of that meat and sodium, my digestion slowed a bit this weekend! 

How much did you gals gain in your first tri?  I am up only about 3 lbs at 12 weeks, but I also was at my all-time high before we TTC, so I imagine that my be why I haven't gained a lot.  I feel like I've been eating like a horse, so I am surprised I haven't gained more. 

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving!  I am sure some of you must have had parents/in-laws who pushed food on you because "you're eating for two!"  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

KT - I have been craving desserts sooo bad!  Not exactly unusual for me, so maybe I shouldn't call it a craving :o)
    And thank goodness for hand me downs!  A friend gave me her Moses basket this weekend.  I wasn't planning to use one, but hey why not.  She also meant to give me her snoogle, but we forgot.  Bummer!!

Sprout - I gained 6 lbs in the first trimester, but I was nearing the point where I would usually go on a diet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

I have my glucose test this afternoon, so I'll let you know how it goes! 
    KT, once in awhile I get a craving for a good dessert (I had the most delicious creme brulee this weekend, yummm), but the candy is what's getting me now.  All I want to eat are gum drops, orange slices...anything chewy and coated in sugar.  I even bought a 2 pound bag at BJ's today!

Sprout, I didn't gain much in my first tri either, probably only 3 or 4 pounds.  At one point during the second tri I actually lost a couple of pounds (I think that's because I started feeling good and was able to kick up the workouts and eat better).  After that I gained a few, and I'm sure today will prove to be more of the same...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a bit.. things have been crazy!  Glucose test wasn't bad at all.  My doc gave me mine in advance and told me to drink it about 15-20 mins before getting to the office so I could have my appt then go down for the bloodwork.  I drank it at work, then left for my appt.  It was like Flat Orange Crush.  I was totally thinking it was going to be worse then it actually was. 

I'm 31 weeks this Thursday.. so crazy how quickly time is flying!  Actually had my shower yesterday since we had some family around for the holidays!  It was fun - he is going to be one stylish little boy! 

as for weight gain, I've pretty much averaged 1lb per week.. to date i've gained 28 lbs...  :-(  I was pretty much my ideal weight though before getting prego.. maybe that is why.. or just my craving of anything sweet!!!   :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I've been craving candy, too!  

Told my family this weekend, they were excited, now just have to tell DH's family this week.  Hope everyone had a great holiday!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Mmmm dessert. I just got some hot chocolate flavored ice cream and it was delicious. i dont know how they make it hot chocolate flavored...it just seems like chocolate to me, but hey, good marketing...got me to buy it.

wed, congrats on telling the fam! Now the fun really begins.:-)

Had an appt today at 21 weeks - all looks good but I have a marginal placenta previa. He said most likely it will move. I sincerly hope so...b/c if it doesnt that means c-section, right? ugh.  

Also, the doc was reading my ultrasound report to a radiologist on the phone (getting clarification on the previa, it was sort of contradicting in the report), and I thought I heard him say the placenta was "right lateral." So, going by the placenta placement rule that means boy. I think I am going to start psyching myself up for a boy, not that I wouldn't naturally be thrilled with boy or girl, but I definitely DEFINITELY have been thinking girl so I need to switch gears just in case! haha.

I also made sure not to eat dinner before my appt so that I was as light as possible at 6PM...19lbs total so far. Awesome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh Silver that sounds delicous! I have my 24 week appt on Friday at 8:30am, I don't plan on eating breakfast until after that!

I never heard the placenta rules - Can you share more?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Glucose test was not bad at all.  The drink was a little tough to take especially when I got towards the end, but not the worst thing I've ever had to do.  My girlfriend had a tough time with hers (she's due a day before me and had her test yesterday too), so she recommends putting it over ice to chill it further and water it down a little.

The rest of my appointment went well; I've had pretty much the most uneventful pregnancy possible so I'm very grateful for that.  My doctor keeps pushing me to do the childbirth classes though, and I'm just not into it.  I very well may eat my words after the birth, but right now I just don't feel like I'll benefit from them (especially for $200!).

Silver, I wouldn't stress about the previa just yet.  I've known quite a few people that have had it and it's worked itself out on its own. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

thanks, Pugs. You're right, and especially where mine is marginal I think the chances are very good that it will correct itself.

I'm with you on the no childbirth classes! Definitely just something that is not my thing...especially when it costs $$.

I'm glad you're having an uneventful pregnancy! I am,too except for these minor things (tilted uterus, marginal previa). Hopefully it continues to be smooth sailing.

KT, I don't know if it is a wives' tale or what but supposedly a right aligned placenta is a boy and left is a girl. SUPPOSEDLY it is like 97% accurate - but really, who knows! I never wanted to know which side the placenta was on b/c I did not want to obsess over this (ha).

In other news, I finally managed to have DH put his hand on my belly without laughing and he felt the biggest kick this baby  had to give so far! It was awesome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I agree on the childbirth classes.. I think I'm opting out of them.  It's expensive and I'll probably forget and just listen to the nurses anyway when the time comes. 

My doctor said the same thing.. the orange drink is much better cold so that's why he gave it to me early to keep in my fridge.  It was definitely better and then I had a straw to drink it down quickly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

I'm starting to wonder if I can deal with being pregnant for another trimester.  Why is it that once people find out you're pregnant, they just want to bombard you with questions and unsolicited advice???  Good god!  I'm a private person as it is, so I don't really like to be asked by my gossipy, nosy co-workers every day "How that baby is doing? How is mom feeling?"  Baby is fine, mom is fine, and nothing much has changed since you asked me the same stupid question 12 hours ago.

And no, co-workers, I am not going to change my mind on wanting to have one child, or on not taking a full maternity leave.  You do not know everything, and you certainly do not know anything about me!

I finally snapped at this one woman that I can't stand...she asked how mommy was doing and I just said "she's sick of being pregnant and sick of talking about it."  Still, doubt she got the not-so-subtle hint.  Sigh.

Okay, rant over for today!  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I don't know what to do about classes. I'm going natural, so I am thinking I might need them and know what to expect. Anyone else going w/o drugs taking a class? Mt. Auburn offers one run by one of the midwives..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Ajuly, we took natural childbirth (at NWH) before DD and I found it extremely helpful.  Those that are thinking of passing on the childbirth classes, I would consider doing them.  Even if you don't think it would be all that helpful for you, I think it is EXTREMELY helpful for DH.  In general, he has no idea what to expect, and can benefit greatly from knowing ahead of time what you may be going through and how he can best help you through it and advocate for you if you are unable to do it yourself.  The husbands/partners can be really out of their element, and it helps them to be prepared and also gives you a starting point for discussions on what you want/don't want, etc.  Just food for thought.

Wed, congrats on telling your family.  It's such a big milestone!

Silver, interesting tidbit about the placenta.  I've never heard that.  Now I want to see if it's true for me.  I wouldn't worry about the previa just yet, I had it with DD and it went away by 26 weeks (like it was no longer anywhere near my cerivx anymore).

As for weight gain, at my 19.5 week appointment, I had only gained a total of 4 lbs.  I think I gained 1 lb during my first trimester, but no one thinks it's an issue because I had bad morning sickness, then got food poisoning, then got the worst cold ever.  Baby seems to be growing just fine.  Plus, I've noticed since then that I've been incredibly hungry, so I think I've probably put on 4 lbs just in the last couple of weeks.  With DD, I gained 42 lbs total (but I started out borderline underweight), and most of that was in the latter part of the second trimester and the third trimester.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs, that post made me laugh - I hate when people ask me all the time how are you feeling, etc, etc.

As for childbirth classes I did not take one but I knew there was no way I'd choose to go natural - I ended up with a planned c-section since DD was breech.  I also thought that I'd be more nervous after taking the class and watching the video my friend kept talking about.  DH was also pretty nervous about the whole birth and was petrified to go to a class, but I can see AM's point about the class making them more comfortable.

Ajuly - I think that if your plan is to go naturally I'd definitely consider the class an investment and really worthwhile. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I haaate the "how are you feeling" nonsense. I feel fat. are you glad you asked? I know people mean well, but it just gets annoying. I'm pregnant, I'm not dying.

I'm very excited, I'm officially going home to Ohio in a few weeks, the week before Christmas. I have been so, so homesick lately and I just need to be there. I can't wait.

Sections
Shortcuts