november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: november updates

Wed - Congrats on telling the fam!  How did they react?

Silver - That is so great that you're going to Ohio!!

Sorry to be little miss sunshine, but I don't really mind people asking how I'm doing.  However, I refuse to lie and say everything is great.  I usually say I'm starting to get uncomfortable and heartburn is no fun, but so far it's nothing I can't handle.

We're doing a childbirth class.  Need to sign up today, actually.  I completely respect the decision not to; in general I am very laid back about this pregnancy and letting the doctors do their thing.  But I figure I've wasted $150 on worse things if it turns out to be useless.  And I definitely think DH will benefit.

I'm doing the hospital tour tomorrow, so a friend recommended that I ask what classes they do in the hospital, after delivery.  She suggested I save my money and wait for the infant care classes at the hospital. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

i should clarify my statement...I only get annoyed if it is someone I don't like who's asking me. :-) Specifically, many of the people at work and on occasion, my MIL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Yes, I echo what Silver said.  I do have some very sweet co-workers who ask because they genuinely care, and that's totally fine.  But some of them...you'd think the only thing I ever did in my life worth discussing was to get knocked up!  LOL!

And, on a positive note, I will say that some people do go out of their way to be sweet when they find out you're pregnant.  One older man came up to me at the gym over the weekend to congratulate me and said that I look "absolutely beautiful."  At a time when you're feeling fat and unattractive most days, things like that really can make your day.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, that's so nice! I wish that man would come to my gym...lol. I need someone to tell me I look beautiful when I'm trying to just do freaking child's pose in  yoga class...lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

He was sweet.  :)  My co-worker could learn from him...I was just told, "Your stomach is showing more."

Well, thank you Captain Obvious for pointing that one out!  I never would have figured out that the growing baby inside me would cause my stomach to gradually get bigger.  Tell you what, how about every day from now on you remind me that I'm bigger than yesterday, okay?  Because nothing would make me feel better than that!

Yell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Fram - i think you are going to Beth Israel too.  I was told that the mornings in the hospital are full of classes and we should try to keep people from visiting before 2 and take full advantage of the classes and just us with the new baby.  I guess there is a breast feeding one every day at noon (i think that's what she said) and there are lactation counselors that go around too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Jan!  You're right; I will be at BI.

Pugs - That is so sweet!!  I need one of him too please.
    When I flew a couple weeks ago, people were really nice.  The crew went up to the front at security, but then told me to go first.  And when it was time to disembark, the woman across the aisle told me to go first.

I will agree to that - it's all about the person!  There was a woman at work who spread my news to another dept.  I didn't mind at first, but then I realized she hadn't even congratulated me or acknowledged I was pregnant and here she was running her mouth about it.  Then at 21 weeks she said, My you're blossoming quickly!  I said, Uhhhh I am more than half way done so it isn't that quickly!!  Keep in mind I had gained 10 lbs max at that point.  It wouldn't have bothered me, except I didn't like her much to begin with, so that makes all the difference!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from half-full. Show half-full's posts

ajuly-DH and I are taking the Mt. Auburn midwives class this weekend.  I'd be happy to let you know what its like.  I think it will be useful but its ALL day (9-6) and you have to bring your own lunch.  That's just a bit annoying.

Pugs-I'm with you on the "how are you feeling" question from obnoxious co-workers.  Sometimes, it feels like a lead-in for a coworker to tell you horrible stories or ask inappropriate questions.  Actually, I think the most annoying is the "how are we feeling, momma?"  Um, I am not your momma.

Its been a while since I posted.  My BP has been high, but not so high as to require treatment, just close monitoring.  My stressful job doesn't help.  Ah well.  Otherwise, everything is going great.  I can't believe I'm almost 31 weeks, that just seems crazy.  At one point, it seems like forever until I'm due and then the next moment it seems like we don't have enough time!  Hope everyone is well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    [QUOTE]I was just told, "Your stomach is showing more."
    Posted by PugsandKisses[/QUOTE]

Next time just reply, "So's  yours."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Telling my family was fun, of course my mom and sisters cried.  We tell DH's parents tomorrow!  After that we just have to tell his siblings, then they can spread the news if they want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Uh, I'm just impressed that you ladies go to the gym. I know that I need to exercise, but have never felt more lazy in my life. The fact that I am thinking about exercising makes me feel better for, not, exercising. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I certainly did not mean suggest that I go to a gym :o)
    The most exercise I get is a bi or tri-weekly 3+ mile walk.  But I do try to walk at work once in a while and lift my little 5 lb weights on occasion.  Better than nothing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Ajuly - If you are considering going unmedicated, I would definitely take a class. I took hypnobirthing, and it was really a great thing - I think it made it possible for me to have the birth experience I wanted.
    To the others out there, who are on the fence, or don't want a class, I would recommend a class, just to get more info on options for pain relief (even with the boards here, you don't always get a full picture, or the chance to ask questions of a medically knowledgable person.) and also on things you can expect. It is definitely helpful for husbands/partners as well, since they are often in the dark about how pregnancy works, and what will be expected of them.
    I wouldn't rely to much on the nurses telling you alot when you are in labor, since they might be busy, and also, you might not be in a place to absorb much new information. Just my two cents.