november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Re: november updates

Poppy...no Mary...my favorites were Joanne in the day (had been there 24 years or something like that) and Julie at night.  Also loved my L&D nurse, Barbara, who did an amazing job of keeping me calm through the spinal and post-op stuff. 

I can't believe how fast time flies...she's a week old already!  Crossing my fingers that tomorrow's weigh in will register a gain for her. 

Luck, so sorry to hear about your tough time.  2 weeks of exclusively breastfeeding is AMAZING...you got yourself through the hardest part and got her all of the goodies.  And she's gaining weight and doing better which is the most importatn thing. 

It's incredible how quickly life changes...first priority for DH and me is definitely this little girl...and we both want to hold and snuggle her all of the time!  As much as I'm looking forward to not being attached to the pump and syringe, and not focusing so much on making her eat, I'm loving how she snuggles in with me when she feeds, and how teeny and perfect she is. 

Also, the hormones hit me for the first time last night...just started crying over something stupid (I think it was a glass my DH left on the coffee table).  Had better sleep last night and some naptimes enforced by my husband today and am feeling much better.  Those people who say sleep whenever you can are absolutely right!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    [QUOTE]So sorry to hear about all the complications, Luck! Silver - I've only seen that show a couple of times, but it is fascinating.  I have one friend who didn't know until 24 weeks.  Never asked her too many details, but I have to assume that someone like that either continued to have monthly spotting or usually had irregular periods.  Such a mystery! There is also a friend of our family whose daughter delivered on a cruise ship because she didn't know she was pregnant.  She had a heck of a time getting a birth certificate!!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Fram, my SIL knew she was pg, but she actually got regular monthly bleeding (she calls it her period) that mimicked her period for some unidentified reason.  So, I've wasted I don't know how much $$ on POAS tests after AF arrived "just in case."  Pretty dumb, I know, but she put the idea in my head and I couldn't get it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I worry that there are people (read "teenage girls" out there who watch "I didn't know I was pregnant" and thinking they don't need prenatal care or that they can just pretend they didn't know as a way to avoid a tough reality. Anyone think the show sends the wrong message?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cat1980. Show Cat1980's posts

Hi all, I am new to the boards and in catching up on all the updates, I just wanted to congratulate everyone!

This week I got my first BFP. I got a blood test yesterday and the dr confirmed that I was 1-2 weeks pregnant.  Do you all know if they are usually pretty accurate with the timing? I am trying to determine my due date and I really thought I was further along based on my own calculations.  Of course I can't get a real appointment for another month!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    [QUOTE]I worry that there are people (read "teenage girls" out there who watch "I didn't know I was pregnant" and thinking they don't need prenatal care or that they can just pretend they didn't know as a way to avoid a tough reality. Anyone think the show sends the wrong message?
    Posted by ml2620-2[/QUOTE]

I can see the concern, but they do have medical people throughout the show stressing how important prenatal care is, that's all they can do...ultimately those teenage girls need their parents to teach them about safe sex (or no sex at that age, which would be preferable in my eyes). I don't think the show is sending necessarily a bad message or glamourizing something that is actually quite scary - plus not to make assumptions but I've noticed all the women on that show are heavier, hence, I would guess it would be "easier" not to know. A large perecentage of teenage girls would not be able to conceal it, no matter how hard they tried.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hi cat, I'm surprised they would say 1-2 weeks. If you got a BFP you would have to at least be 3-4 weeks pregnant, they normally count the 2 weeks before your missed period as "pregnant' as well.

Either way, congrats and good luck to you and welcome! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Finally got to hear the heartbeat this morning! So fun. I was so relieved it was there right when he put the doppler on my belly. I think he forgot that this was my first time hearing it b/c he was all business - just got the rate and took it off. But that's fine.

He also told me not to worry about sleeping on my back until 30 weeks...so funny how everyone's doctor is different. Thankfully mine caters to my back-sleeping needs. :-)

I have gained an amazing 16lbs. HAHHAA. He said it is very likely mostly salt which makes sense, so I am going to try and drink more water and stay away from salt (so hard...I love salt). But at least I don't feel like a total freak, he didn't seem concerned about it. And it is definitely all in my belly, so I think the walking and yoga is at least doing something beneficial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Cat, I agree that it seems odd they would say you're 1-2 weeks pregnant.  Yes, technically you get a BFP when you've been pregnant for roughly 2 weeks, but they usually count the 2 weeks between your period and ovulation as well, so right off the bat you would be 4 weeks.
    I think maybe ajuly's doctor also didn't count back the last period, so maybe some doctors do it differently?

Also, not having an appt for another month is pretty typical, so don't worry!  I didn't have my first one until 9 weeks.

Silver - Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!!  It never gets old.  The last time I went (23 weeks I think?) was the first time that she didn't have to hunt around for it.  As soon as she put the wand on my tummy BAM heartbeat!  :o)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cat1980. Show Cat1980's posts

Thanks Silver and Fram for the tips. I've been googling and I called the dr. back and they didn't add the 2 weeks in.  My level is at 170 so it seems like I am 4-5 weeks pregnant taking into account my missed period.  I'm still being cautious since its so early on but I am pretty excited :)

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat Silver, that must be so exciting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Cat!  Your Dr must count weeks differently, I would think you are 4-5 weeks as well.  Also I agree with Fram, the office usually doesn;t see you until 8 weeks plus.

Silver, isn't it great to hear the HB?  About the weight if your dr is not worried then you don't need to worry!  I am still sleeping on my stomach, I didn't mention it to the dr but I figure if its comfortable its fine.  My stomach is just starting to actually pop so my days of stomach sleeping could be coming to a close, until then I will enjoy every moment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

So during the first few weeks, did anyone else get occasional weird twinges of pain across their lower abdomen and just feel kind of bloated?  Every little hint of pain, I start to panic that something must be wrong!

Oh, and congrats & welcome Cat, we seem to be on about the same time line (I am 5 weeks + 2 days today, apparently!).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Luck, I'm so sorry to hear about all the complications!  How scary!!  I'm glad your DD is on the mend and gaining weight. It know it may feel like a lot to go through to still end up using formula, but either way, she's getting fed, getting her nutrients, and getting bigger... and hopefully it's taking some pressure off you too, so you can heal. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Prill,
    If you look back through this thread someone recently asked about pains in the early weeks.  I had them and they made me really nervous, but I think it's just your body changing and growing already even though you can't see it yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Luv and luck, congrats to both of you on your DDs!  Cat, congrats on your BFP and welcome to the boards!

Silver, that's so awesome that you finally got to hear the heartbeat!  It really is the best sound in the world, isn't it?  It will get even stronger as you get further along, and like Fram said you can hear it the second the doppler hits your stomach.

Fram, have you started to feel the baby from the outside yet?  It happened to me last week, and since then I can feel her all the time, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night.  DH even got to feel it the other night; he was SO excited!  :)

Prill, I had those same twinges of pain in my lower abdomen very early on, especially if I moved a certain way too quickly.  And I was bloated the whole first tri, so it all sounds normal to me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats Silver! It's so great hearing the heartbeat! You're right on track with me at my 15 appt. I had gained 15 lbs...1 lb a week. Uh...oops. So far I have a pizza baby! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Pugs!   DH felt her move about a week after I first felt her, so around 20 weeks.  He had to be very patient about sitting there with his hand on my tummy for 10 minutes!  I have felt her from the outside too.  At first it was hard to tell if I was imagining it, but sometimes I'm just lying there reading a book and I can clearly feel the movements on my arm.  So cool!

ETA: I can actually see her moving too!!  It's so weird - out of the corner of my eye I see my tummy twitch.  Even cooler!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Prill, I had abdominal pains for the first week or so as well, especially as Pugs said when I moved a certain way.  The dr. didn't seem too concerned.  

I go for my second U/S tomorrow.  It will be 7.5 weeks.  Assuming all goes well after this appointment I will get released to see an OB.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

good luck tomorrow, wed!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Hi ladies,
    I need your advice again...  did anyone have symptoms that suddenly stopped in your first trimester?  I'm about 9 weeks and earlier this week my morning sickness went away and this morning, for the first time since conception, my boobs stopped hurting.  So of course I'm worried...  I know symptoms come and go but the fact that everything stopped this week has me wondering what's going on.  We saw the heartbeat last week - isn't that supposed to be a good sign?  I had a bit of relief and now I'm stressed again.

Thanks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Exact same thign happened to me last time and I was like "oh I wish I could just get nauseous or something"... ya came back with a vengeance.

BTW - my due date is 6/6/11.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Ha - Be nice, that's what I'm also worried about!  Exciting!  I'm just a few days behind you!  (6/12)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Good luck today Wed!

And I have put my latest rounf of stomach pains down to gas!  This whole pregnancy thing is just so glam.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

When I was pregnant with DD, my symptoms stopped abruptly at 9 weeks exactly.  They never returned.  This time, my symptoms got much betteraround 8 weeks, then returned (slightly milder) at about 9 weeks.  They stopped at 13ish weeks.  I think that as the placenta starts to take over the production of hormones (around 8-10 weeks), symptoms can abate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Lilsprout, yes! 9 weeks exactly. I echo what am1028 said, that is when the placenta begins to take over hormone production and your symptoms will start to go away. Once a healthy heartbeat is detected, the risk of m/c is significantly lower - so you have lots of positive things going. No worries! :-)

Prill, i was going to say that is likely gas - I had (and sometimes still have) awwwwwwwwwful gas pains.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I SWEAR I don't know what I'd do without you gals.  The first thing I thought when I woke up this morning and put my feet on the ground without a thud of the boobs, was I NEED TO GET ON BDC!  I knew that you'd reassure me!  Glad that a few of you have experienced the same thing.  I don't think I really realized how it works...so the placenta starts taking over and that's when my body/whatever it was before (ovaries?) stop producing?  So much to learn!  No wonder moms are so brilliant - you learn so much about your bodies when you are pregnant!