november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: november updates

Thanks KT and AM.  No travel restrictions... woohoo!  They explained to me that usually only happens when there's bleeding with the placenta previa.  My OB printed me out a whole copy of my medical history to bring with me just in case so if I end up needing medical attention, they are aware of both conditions and the fact that I'm RH negative, too. 
    I will continue weekly at MFM until the Fifth's is confirmed/denied (can't have the follow up bloodwork until 3 weeks has passed, so they have me doing it after Thanksgiving).  If I dont' end up having it, I go back to MFM after 30+ weeks for a check on the placenta, and then they decide from there the next course of action.  My OB and the high risk OB were a lot more chill than when I dealt with the midwife last week - probably b/c they deal with both those circumstances frequently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi ladies!  Hope everyone is doing great.
    My BFF came to visit for the weekend, which was fabulous!  We spent the day in Salem, MA yesterday.  Today, DH went to pick up the baby's dresser.  I looooove it.  Who knows how long the crib will take to come in, but at least we have on piece of furniture!
    I leave for a business trip tomorrow.  Will be sure to post about my experience with flying!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Did any of you ladies notice a change in your appetite during your pregnancy?  I'm 6 months next week, and for the last week and a half or so my appetite has gone from normal to almost nonexistent.  I was kind of expecting the opposite!  Food doesn't thrill me at all; nothing sounds good or bad.  Then when I actually do eat, after a few bites I can't stomach anymore.  I feel okay otherwise, so it doesn't seem like a bug or anything. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

MM - Glad that you are able to keep your travel plans!

Fram - Enjoy your trip!

Pugs, are you feeling full fast or is food just not appetizing?  I think I got pickier with food as I got further along with DD but I never really got full fast.

AFM, I'm starting to feel patterns of movement now, this baby seems to like the morning and night time.  DH was able to feel some light movements over the weekend so maybe by Thanksgiving they will be stronger.  I'm going to look for the BRU Black Friday sale add to see if there are any items on my list that are an AMAZING sale, I think those come out this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Great about feeling the movements, KT!  Congrats! 
    Anything big on your wishlist?  I'm a baby gear bargain junky, I'll let you know if I hear of any mega deals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Pugs I had that when I was pregnant too.  Not sure when during my pregnancy except that it was in the last part of it not at the beginning.  DH always had to choose and sometimes he would choose and it would be in front of me and I'd be like I really don't want this.  The poor guy he always tried so hard and sometimes he just could not win! 

I didn't always have the same reaction when eating though.  Most of the time I ate fine except when it really wasn't something I wanted or was interested in.  I did get fuller faster though as I got bigger and bigger so found I was eating less at the end.  That's why they tell you 6 little meals...but that was hard when working.

Congrats KT and MM.  Good luck Fram!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

LLLE, that's exactly how I am!  I'm totally indecisive when it comes to choosing what I want to eat, and sometimes when I get it I just don't want it anymore.  I've also already started to get fuller a LOT faster than I used to.  I guess that's not such a bad thing with the holidays coming up though...  Wink

It's funny, people make you feel like once you're pregnant you're going to want to eat anything and everything in sight, and it's the complete opposite for me! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

The nausea!  My God, the nausea!
    It hit me Friday afternoon has been coming in waves ever since.
    I'm in a cycle of constantly being hungry and not wanting to eat as I have zero appetite. 
    And I continue to be totaly emotional, I burst in to tears watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition last night, twice. And on the T this morning came so close to snapping at a girl that had too much perfume on, I bit my tongue and moved to the other end of the carriage instead (still, pregant or not, over use of perfume always bothers me!).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Prill hang in there!!  I actually applaud you for getting on the T in the first place, movements like the T would make me feel so much worse. And yes, the smells are horrible.  Perfume is the worst, even DH's deodorant at one point made me gag!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Sorry about the nausea Prill! I had no morning sickness with DD, but I had to eat breatfast before I left the house (I usually skip it, or eat a snack at work). I think this week will start the breakfasts for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have no morning sickness this time around too.

I rode the T my whole pregnancy before, and I will again, but I hear you on the odors - it can be horrifying. Even things you formerly liked can get gross when they seem so strong.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Ugh Prill - Even though its sounds horribly unappealing eating frequently may help the nausea.  I literally snacked my way through my first trimester, crackers, pretzels, cereal, etc.

MM - No real big items but some smaller ones I have on my list, bottles, a plain bumper, maybe a new play mat, etc -- The sales will have to be good for me to get up at 3am though.  I did do it when I was pregnant with DD, BRU was not busy but Kohls was insane!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Prill, I was the same way last time- starving and nauseous but didn't feel like eating. Crackers never worked for me - big fat bagels work for me - ya, that helped the waistline. But that was pretty much all I ate.

This time around though I've found that lemon gumdrops have helped me with the nausea, but I'm still instantaneously starving and really picky about what I feel like eating

Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Prill - Congrats on the nausea!  Four words I never thought I'd utter.

Pugs - My appetite isn't all that great either, but doesn't sound quite like yours.  I do get hungry and I do eat full meals, but I definitely expected to be more hungry.  My appetite has been pretty normal, or lighter than normal, since about the end of the 1st trimester.

KT - Good idea about looking out for bargains!  I feel greedy about registering for some things, so maybe I can buy one myself at a great discount.  For example, I planned to register for a swing and a bouncer.  a) I didn't realize how expensive the (supposedly) good swings are and b) I found this newborn rocker thingy that I may use instead of a bassinet.  It's so similar to a bouncy seat that I feel guilty registering for both!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, don't feel guilty for registering for things! Most places will give you a discount off items remaining on your registry - so it is worth having them on there, if you end up buying it yourself you save money!

And it is on there, so if someone wants to buy it they will - and if you find it cheaper elsewhere, you can just take it off!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram, I would register for the items you want.  I will admit when I see some friends registries I think they are insane but that's only when you print out about 20 pages!  I really wish I hadn't cheaped out on some of the things I had registered for.  People like to go in on gifts if you are worried about large items.  Also like Silver said some places offer discounts for the registree.  Also to echo Silver if you end up finding a super deal you can buy the item yourself and remove it from your registry.  From what I've found you can find lots of items cheaper on Amazon (and free shipping).  I just got a Jumperoo for a friend that was $20 cheaper, then I called BRU and had it taken off the registry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I had my first OB appointment last Friday and we scheduled our ERA.  

Still have not had any nausea (thank goodness!) though I am constantly starving.  I eat breakfast before I leave the house at 7:30 and am starving again by 9am.  

I have been getting a lot of headaches, and a debilitating migraine for 3 days last week.  I used to suffer from horrible migraines though they disappeared when I went off the pill 18 months ago. My OB said it is common for former migraine sufferers to develop lots of headaches while PG due to the hormone changes.  Just my luck.  I am not sure if I would rather have the headaches or the nausea!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wed, I had terrible migraines until I went off the pill too.  I had one horrible 3-day long migraine around 12 weeks, but since then I haven't had one!  I hope it's the same for you!  Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Heading in to the dr's this afternoon after a very tiny bit of spotting this morning.  The baby has been moving well and everything seems fine but I figured its better safe than sorry and decided to call the dr's.  They want to see me today just to do a quick check to make sure everything is okay.  I'm going to keep eating sugary foods and juice to make sure I keep the baby moving all day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Good luck, KT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Good luck KT, hopefully its nothing of concern.

Just back from my 6 week ultrasound.  I have an embryo! With a heart beat!  They couldn't see anything initially (insert brief moment of panic!), so had to do an internal one, and there he/she was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

good luck, KT, Im' sure it is nothing but good to have it checked out.

congrats on your embryo, Prill!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Yay, congrats Prill - amazing that a heartbeat can form in 1 week isn't it!

I'm 99.99% positive its nothing but I always feel better safe than sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Great news, Prill! 

Good luck, KT - yes, better to be safe than sorry! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good Luck KT!

I can't wait, on Thur we're going in for our 18wk. u/s and we'll find out the sex!  It will all seem much more real at that point.  Two more days, I can do this!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Good luck KT, I agree that it's always better to be safe than sorry, even if it's likely to be nothing of concern.

Congrats Prill on the embryo with a hearbeat.  Isn't that little flicker the best thing ever?