November Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

November Updates

I figured I would start November updates a few days early.

I had an ultrasound yesterday and once again have to go back in two weeks.  I really want to go to and have them tell me everything looks great you don't need to see us anymore.  His leg bones are measuring short.  He wasn't overly concerned but it caught his eye and he wants to keep an eye on it.  He said they see it DS babies which we know he doesn't have or some type of skeletal issue but it would be more dramatic.  My OB wasn't concerned either.  My poor DH is just beside himself and like I said I just wish I would hear "everything looks great".

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Re: November Updates

Good thinking occ! Sorry to hear you don't feel "in the clear" yet. I hope there is better news in 2 weeks. Vent away!

How's everyone else doing?

I'm at 22 weeks tomorrow. Got some real empire-waist maternity shirts from my SIL last week that I've been wearing and now I really feel like I look pregnant - lol! Will work on reading the Baby Bargains book this weekend and start picking out more stuff online for our registry. Have also been working on baby names. DH took out 5 (!) baby name books from the library and keeps looking while I just want to make the decision and move on. Starting to look at day care options and need to start calling recommended pediatrician offices next week. Lots to do!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

I am 36 weeks tomorrow...I cant believe how quickly time is flying by, I swear it feels like yesterday I found out I was expecting!  I love reading all your stories even tho I dont post too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Thanks rhm!  My OB was funny about it and said I think they just like you down there.  I am not too worried about it but I feel bad for my DH.  Sometimes it feels like they are taking away any of the joy and excitement.   I hear you with the clothes some I was trying to wear stuff that you could tell I was pregnant and not just fat.  I have to do the pediatrician calls too.  Have you signed up for any of the classes.  They told me yesterday to start doing that and I also got my hospital paperwork to fill out and send in.  Good luck with the registering ug!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

I haven't signed up for the classes yet, but my OB mentioned that I should look into them for Jan/early Feb and didn't know when they filled up. Another thing to add to the list!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

Ahhh, the Baby To-Do list... it has become the albatross around my neck!!  I'm almost 36 weeks and completely panicking about everything that still needs to be done, but we're making progress.  DH and I are taking 2 full days off work in a week or so, to visit a tonne of daycares and meet a few more pediatricians... if I can get those 2 things settled, I think I'll feel MUCH less panicky.  

We had our showers though, so we feel VERY prepared (and spoiled) in the clothing/gear department, which is great, and I'm at the point now where if the baby arrived tomorrow, I think I'd be able to handle it.  Obviously I want him to stay in as long as possible for health reasons, but at this point, my back is killing me, my feet are swollen beyond recognition, my fingers swell & hurt so bad at night I can barely move them when I wake up, there's constant pressure on my hoo-ha and in my tush, and I'm reeeeally ready to NOT be pregnant any more.  Guess we'll see...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

In Response to Re: November Updates:
    [QUOTE]Ahhh, the Baby To-Do list... it has become the albatross around my neck!!  I'm almost 36 weeks and completely panicking about everything that still needs to be done, but we're making progress.  DH and I are taking 2 full days off work in a week or so, to visit a tonne of daycares and meet a few more pediatricians... if I can get those 2 things settled, I think I'll feel MUCH less panicky.   We had our showers though, so we feel VERY prepared (and spoiled) in the clothing/gear department, which is great, and I'm at the point now where if the baby arrived tomorrow, I think I'd be able to handle it.  Obviously I want him to stay in as long as possible for health reasons, but at this point, my back is killing me, my feet are swollen beyond recognition, my fingers swell & hurt so bad at night I can barely move them when I wake up, there's constant pressure on my hoo-ha and in my tush, and I'm reeeeally ready to NOT be pregnant any more.  Guess we'll see...
    Posted by kaydo[/QUOTE]

Kaydo - what is your due date? I'm 12/3, you must be just before that? I am feeling ready to be done with this as well. Even if I start the day feeling great, by around 2:00 everything hurts and by the evening I'm pretty miserable until I can lie on the couch and take the weight off my back and elevate my puffy feet. My pelvic bone feels like a giant bruise from carrying around this bowling ball's worth of weight!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

Yep, me too!  (Although my back hurts pretty much from the moment I get up until the moment I fall asleep.)  I'm due 12/1, although at my last ultrasound, the baby was measuring big (measuring 38 weeks, even though I was only 34), so I feel like I have an extra excuse to whine.  ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

hi all -

kaydo & lilmomma, not much longer now!  I was checking out the breastpump thread too, good advice there.  I haven't chosen one of those yet but sounds like I can take that off my Baby To Do list for now :)  I don't know if you sit or stand at your work, but I sit all day and have found the solution to my back pain is to sit up straight at the edge of my chair all day.  never sit back against the back of the chair for more than a few minutes.  I went from being in so much pain in the afternoon/evenings to not having much back pain at all anymore.  course I'm not as far along as you both, but thought I would mention it.  It's definitely annoying to sit like that, but worth it.  I can slouch away in the evenings while watching TV now.  I'm thinking about bringing an exercise ball to work to sit on instead.

rhm, I feel like it was literally yesterday that I was 22wks!  wow, the past 2 months have gone by in a blink.  I remember that particular week very well, it's right after I got back from vacation, started to feel daily baby movement, and had a growth spurt of 5lbs in 2 wks!  and strangers started commenting on my pregnancy :)  things started to feel very real after that.

occ, I can't believe you are going through all this.  I doubt very much there is any problem.  I haven't had an u/s since ~18wks and who knows how many things they would be finding to scrutinize now.  my baby's leg bones are probably short too and we have no idea.  I would like to have another u/s to check on it, but maybe ignorance is bliss.  I hope in 2wks you hear that everything is perfect and that is your last u/s!

afm, I am just hitting 30wks - and that feels like a milestone too!  I'm in the midst of classes, I finished the childbirth class and have newborn care, BF, CPR in the next few weeks.  I feel like I have alot left to do, but we're getting through it one thing at a time.  I started having braxton-hicks, that's been pretty weird.  and my 2-wk appts have begun instead of the monthly ones.  I'm sure the next few weeks are going to fly by, but I'm dreading getting bigger.  even though my weight gain and appetite have slowed down, I've started noticing my belly getting in the way.  like I don't gain anything trying to squeeze through a tight space by turning sideways.  I'm actually smaller walking straight.....  and when cooking or doing dishes I feel like I can't get close enough to the counter :)  and honestly, by now I wish I could go out dressed to just look fat rather than pregnant sometimes!  being pregnant is such a big attention grabber and everyone just stares right at my belly which I am getting tired of!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

[QUOTE] like I don't gain anything trying to squeeze through a tight space by turning sideways.[/QUOTE]

Haha, funny you should mention that.  When my belly started to impede my getting through tight spaces, my husband told me a story about a rather large opera singer he recorded once... she was trying to get down a narrow staircase in an old theatre and someone said to her, "Just turn sideways" to which she replied, in her big voice, "Honey, there AIN'T no sideways!"   

We quote that a lot now.  :)

Unrelated funniest moment of the day: walking by the baby's room this morning and finding our mild-mannered dog (who has never shown ANY interest in doggie toys or toys of any sort) curled up with the gloworm someone gave us at the shower.  Just about the cutest thing I've ever seen, and VERY hard to stifle my laughter as I took it away from her and told her "No".  My coworker (who knows our dog well) said "Ohmygod, she's going to be Nana, the doggie governess from Peter Pan!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Everyone is soo busy getting ready for their LO to arrive.  Don't forget to rest too!!!!  

OCC - do I remember that you were visiting MFM at Newton/Wellesley??   Was it Dr Robinson who told you the legs were measuring short??    He was the one who was very concerned about DD measuring small and he monitored it for the last couple months of my pregnancy.   She ended up being fine and I am sure your LO will too.  Try not to worry!!   :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

OCC: So sorry to hear that your doctor is worrying you so much!  Hopefully he's just being overly cauteous.  We like that in a doc, don't we?  :)

Kay, Lesal, and Lil: So sorry to hear about all the aches and pains!  I am so not looking forward to the 3rd trimester if it means so much agony!

AFM: I am officially in my 2nd trimester!  Day 2!  I can't believe it's gotten here so quickly, but it's a bit anti-climactic because I still need to do the second blood test for the NT screening, which is scheduled for next week.  To quote my mom, "You mean I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can tell anyone??"  Yes mom, it's all about you!  ;P

Also, a good friend of mine's baby is breech and she is scheduled to deliver today!  Her doc will attempt an external version procedure to try and flip the baby, and if that doesn't work, she'll have to have a c-section.  So everyone keep you fingers crossed that external version works!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Thanks Happy you are right it is Dr. Robinson MFM at NWH.  I am taking it in stride my DH was bothered by it.  I told him they keep telling us this and that is wrong they do the tests and it turns out alright he will be okay.  After all we have been through if he has short legs I will take it.  Thanks for the reassuring words about your daughter.  I hope all is going well with you and your LO.  Are you settling in?

Trouble - welcome to the second trimester.  Good luck with the screening.

Kaydo - Are you feeling any better? 

Lesal - I can't believe you are 30 weeks!  Time seems to be flying at this point.  It sounds like your getting things done.  I have to sign up for the classes.  I think you are delivering at NWH too, is that where you are taking the classes?  How are they?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

kay- I love that, there ain't no sideways.....  we have a very narrow garage and dh has a wide car so when we take his car somewhere he has to pull out for me first - no more squeezing into the car while it's parked in the garage.  and I did it to myself one time in a tiny parking lot - I parked too close to the car next to me!  I managed to get out of my car that time, but it was a close one :) 

occ - I'm taking the newborn care class at NWH, but that's actually the only one through them.  the childbirth class I ended up taking from a woman who teaches out of her home (I took hypnobirth) I still need to do the hospital tour though - and CPR/BF I'm doing at Isis in Needham.  fyi, the weekend classes at Isis fill up in advance, I thought I had plenty of time (just signed up last week) but if you want to take them on a weekend it's not too early to think about signing up.  and you know, destination maternity on rt 9 has classes too, I don't know why I didn't do those b/c they are free (I think).  i just didn't know they had those kinds of classes, I thought it was all yoga and baby massage type classes, but they have BF, newborn care, and childbirth (the one time 3-hr type class).  I would imagine they fill up in advance too so you may want to start looking into them.  if you can do a weeknight then you have plenty of time, there are tons of available classes, but weekends are harder to find.  I'm just so tired on weeknights that I know I won't feel like going to a 2-3hr class!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmieC. Show AmieC's posts

Happy November everyone! I love reading all the updates.

Trouble- welcome to the 2nd trimester :) I'm halfway through, and everything everyone said about feeling your best has been true so far. Good luck with the screening.  

Kaydo and Lil- I hope you're feeling better, or can take a rest. At least the end is in sight- it must be so exciting.

OCC- Fingers crossed everything turns out fine, I'm sure it will. It would be nice if they could give you more information a little quicker, they have to know it's the only thing expectant Moms think about.

Rhm- I always read your posts, it's like a sneak preview for me- 3 weeks ahead. It's also helping with my to do list- not that I've started anything else.

Lesal- 30 weeks! I'm so happy for you :)

AFM, I'm 19 weeks now, still seems surreal, I can't believe I'll be halfway next week. I think I've felt the baby move a few times- it feels like bubbles where 'bubbles' shouldn't be, but I'm not sure. I'm sort of showing, but I think most people would say I just look chubby.  I'm hoping I look pregnant by the holidays, it would make my family easier to deal with.

I hope EOE is doing well- especially thinking of those of you getting close to the end :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

lesal - hard to believe you are at 30 weeks already (but it's hard for me to believe I'm at 22)! I think I've started looking more pregnant in the last two weeks, but I haven't had a huge growth spurt - I'm up 11 lbs from my start weight - about a pound in the last 1.5 weeks. It's just almost-all belly! Has anyone you don't know well tried to touch your belly? That is my nightmare - seriously - hands off!

kaydo - love the sideways comment! Very cute about your dog. What kind is it?

trouble - welcome to the 2nd trimester! Looking forward to hearing how your NT results go.

Amie -that's funny about how I'm your preview since occ is mine!

Big hellos to eoe-

AFM, went to Destination Maternity this weekend to get some work pants. I have one word to say - ahhh (feels good!). Couldn't get over how they are so attentive in that store (offering water or juice, etc) - way different than going to Old Navy and Target. I saw that they had classes there, too and was wondering if anyone did some there. I thought it would be great to do some for free and others at Isis. Need to work on that this week!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kerry517. Show kerry517's posts

I'm a watcher and very infrequent poster, but it's great to see all the updates! I'm 28 weeks along, myself, delivering at NWH. Can't believe I'm in the third trimester already...it really does fly by.

We took our childbirth classes through Mothers and Company out in MetroWest and I highly recommend them. I think it's like Isis for the 'burbs :)
    I may do the CPR or other classes at the hospital and add on the tour with those. I'm looking forward to seeing the maternity ward and such...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

[QUOTE]Happy November everyone! I love reading all the updates. Trouble- welcome to the 2nd trimester :) I'm halfway through, and everything everyone said about feeling your best has been true so far. Good luck with the screening.   Kaydo and Lil- I hope you're feeling better, or can take a rest. At least the end is in sight- it must be so exciting. OCC- Fingers crossed everything turns out fine, I'm sure it will. It would be nice if they could give you more information a little quicker, they have to know it's the only thing expectant Moms think about. Rhm- I always read your posts, it's like a sneak preview for me- 3 weeks ahead. It's also helping with my to do list- not that I've started anything else. Lesal- 30 weeks! I'm so happy for you :) AFM, I'm 19 weeks now, still seems surreal, I can't believe I'll be halfway next week. I think I've felt the baby move a few times- it feels like bubbles where 'bubbles' shouldn't be, but I'm not sure. I'm sort of showing, but I think most people would say I just look chubby.  I'm hoping I look pregnant by the holidays, it would make my family easier to deal with. I hope EOE is doing well- especially thinking of those of you getting close to the end :)
    Posted by AmieC[/QUOTE]

Hi Amie,

You're the first person I've heard besides me who described the first baby movements feel like bubbles....  I described it as "bubbles popping."  For me it definitely didn't feel like fluttering or butterflies or any of the other descriptions you see/read everywhere.  So chances are...it is the baby :)

Congrats!  It's such an exciting time when you start feeling the movements!

The "is she fat or is she pregnant?" phase shouldn't last too long, but that was one part of the pregnancy I would've gladly skipped appearance-wise!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

kaydo - love the sideways comment! Very cute about your dog. What kind is it?

She's a mix of shar pei & hound...  irresistably cute.  And this morning, I heard a little "thunk" in the baby's room as something hit the floor, went in and there was a rattle someone had given us, that she had knocked off a bookshelf.  No idea if she was going after it on purpose or not but again, it really cracked me up that she's even remotely interested, because we've tried giving this dog toys for YEARS and she has never shown an ounce of interest.  So I'm intrigued.  This is her.  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

[QUOTE]She's a mix of shar pei & hound...  irresistably cute.  And this morning, I heard a little "thunk" in the baby's room as something hit the floor, went in and there was a rattle someone had given us, that she had knocked off a bookshelf.  No idea if she was going after it on purpose or not but again, it really cracked me up that she's even remotely interested, because we've tried giving this dog toys for YEARS and she has never shown an ounce of interest.  So I'm intrigued.  This is her.  :)
    Posted by kaydo[/QUOTE]

How can you not love a face like that?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Kaydo - Maybe she knows what's coming and she is not happy about it.  Being an only "child" she is going to have to share the spotlight.  She is soo cute! 

It's funny we all have our preview people and Lesal is mine. 

Lesal - I guess my OB office does a Saturday class and it includes a tour.  They just told me about it and then proceeded to tell me I should of signed up in my first trimester cause it's always full um hello thanks for telling me.   I may have to take them at the hospital.  I am thinking about taking the childbirth and infant care at NWH.

Kerry I am glad you decided to join in the discussions.  The more the merrier.

Amie - I think you explained it well with the bubbles. Someone asked me the other day what it feels like and I had trouble explaining.

Rhm - Glad you got some comfy clothes.  It does make such a difference.  I have ordered some stuff from Gap Maternity and I love them.  I have attached the link for my favorite weekend outfit.  I have gained 12 pounds which I don't think is too bad. 

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6057&vid=1&pid=689693
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6057&vid=1&pid=689805

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AmieC. Show AmieC's posts

[QUOTE]She's a mix of shar pei & hound...  irresistably cute.  This is her.  :)
    Posted by kaydo[/QUOTE]

Kaydo I love her! What a sweet face :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Kaydo your pup is too adorable!  I loved that Gloworm story too!  It actually brought a little tear to my eye.  I just love animals and have 2 very spoiled cats that I hope get along well with the baby.  Your girl just looks so friendly I'm sure she'll be great with the baby!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

Thanks for the cute dog comments.  We're pretty darn fond of her.  :)

In other news, I was bending over to put my socks on a little while ago (a daily challenge to begin with) and completely tweaked my already-sore back.  SHOOTING pain.  Horrible.  Thankfully my heating pad and tylenol were within reach, so I took a couple, and laid down for about half an hour, which helped a little but OW OW OW.  I can kind of walk now but it hurts if I twist or move funny.  Going to give it a little while and see if it calms down before I call the doctor or anything.

Four weeks to go... can't come soon enough.  I'm SO done with pregnancy.  Oy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Oh no!  What were you thinking putting socks on :-)  Stay off your feet and keep the heating pad on it.  I will say I really miss my ADVIL!

Sections
Shortcuts