OB Recommendation in Boston (MGH or Bringham)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMMom. Show JMMom's posts

OB Recommendation in Boston (MGH or Bringham)

Hi! Does anyone have any OB recommendation in Boston? I live across from Mass General so that's closest and ideal but I don't have any recommendations there and am wondering if I should look to Bringham instead. I'd love any recos. Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hydrangea7. Show Hydrangea7's posts

Re: OB Recommendation in Boston (MGH or Bringham)

JM Mom,
     I go to Dr. Jolin at MGH. Love her, and her office staff is amazing. Very attentive. Call back always w/in 20-30 minutes with any questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LaraNYC. Show LaraNYC's posts

I see Dr. Tracy Zinner who works through Brigham. She's probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, doctor or not. Her office is really well run and with the exception of one cranky woman at the front desk, everyone is very friendly. Plus, Brigham is referred to as the "Rolls Royce" of OB departments, it's been ranked #1 in the country for a few years running.

Living in Boston, though, you'd have a hard time going wrong with any of the local hospitals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

I loved the practice at MGH. My particular OB is not there any more so can't recommend him, but I had a wonderful experience there for both pregnancies. They are efficient, responsive, and thorough. I did see Dr. Jolin a couple of times and thought she was fine, and a friend went to Dr. Huang for all three of her kids. Two of my friends who delivered at MGH had really good experiences, too. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod18. Show capecod18's posts

I had Dr. Laura Riley at Mass General and she was great.  She is director of OBGYN and she was fantastic.  I only have great things to say about Mass General.  The delivery rooms were great (I had a view of the Charles for 3 nights) and the all the other drs in the practice were great.  Best of luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tas. Show tas's posts

I went to MGH and saw Dr Lisa Baute.  Dr Jolin actually delivered my son. Dr Riley only sees high risk patients, I believe.  I had a wonderful experience there.  Typically when you call MGH your medical history is taken, you are traiged and assigned an obstetrician.  They are all good.  Your OB will likely not be the MD who delivers you, the delivery floor works on a rotation basis.  But, don't let that shy you away from MGH....MGH OB is known for it's great great delivery nurses and they are the ones who will be with you during your labor.  Their lactation nurses are also top notch and went the extra mile to help me (if you are considering nursing, they are a big help!).  The also have a staff of nurse midwifes in the practice.  They also have the best phlebmotomist in the world.  You will have blood drawn alot and their guy makes it painless!  If you live right by MGH, you can't go wrong choosing them.  The practice was started by a bunch of docs who left the Brigham and the MGH OB practice is also in the top 2 or 3 in the country.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

I also had Dr. Lisa Baute and thought she and the whole practice was great at MGH. She did not deliver and I don't remember who did but I had a great experience there. My delivery nurse was amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

Hi, I went to MGH and really have only the best to say.  And I loved the care and attention in the hospital after birth (pediatricians, lactation consultants, nurses).  I had Dr. Quaas for the end of my pregnancy and he was great (and frankly I think he looked a bit like TLC's Take Home Chef!).  He was always very thorough and kind and just put me at ease.  So did all the nurses.  It was nice to be able to chat or joke with the staff and everyone was just the best.  We also had a fantastic start on breastfeeding and great success, which I do attribute greatly to the early care of the MGH staff.  Good luck!