OB referral associated with MGH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

OB referral associated with MGH?

Hi, 
    Assuming everything sticks, I am going to need an OB soon.  Does anyone have any recommendations for one associated with MGH?  All my other doctors are MGH related so I figured I would at least start with sticking there. 

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Re: OB referral associated with MGH?

Wed - do you want an ob that is at MGH or outside MGH but associated?  We went to MGH and when we called they just assigned us an OB but we really liked her a lot.  Her name is Dr. Carrie Coleman.  Downside was she is only there for appts. a couple days a week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I live and work in Boston, so at the actual hospital is good.  Thanks for the name. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

When I went to MGH for my OB care, I saw Dr. Allison Packard and liked her (had to switch for insurance reasons).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shadowscat. Show shadowscat's posts

I had both my kids at MGH and highly recommend Dr. Rebecca Kolp. If Dr. Harris is still there, he was pretty awesome during labor, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from monicat415. Show monicat415's posts

In Response to OB referral associated with MGH?:
    [QUOTE]Hi,  Assuming everything sticks, I am going to need an OB soon.  Does anyone have any recommendations for one associated with MGH?  All my other doctors are MGH related so I figured I would at least start with sticking there.  Thanks!
    Posted by wedoct09[/QUOTE]

I also went to Carrie Coleman- she was really great (as was everyone on the staff that I met)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

I used Dr. Erin Tracy for both of my pregnancies.  Loved MGH.  Can say enough about my experience there.  Good luck!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for all the references everyone!  Deysan, I appreciate your honest comments.  I think I will give them a try and see how I like it, it is very convenient for me to get there from work and home. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marriedmom. Show marriedmom's posts

I also delivered both of my kids at MGH and highly recommend it. The PP who mentioned the kind of drawn-out process of getting that first appt is right, but I think they are well worth the wait. And IME they are responsive to serious concerns (not to suggest the PP did not have serious concerns - just that mine were met).

My first pregnancy I chose one of the midwives, but my son ended up arriving two months early, so I was delivered by an OB. I didn't like the fact that you don't know who exactly will deliver you, but I was so glad to be at MGH b/c that baby turned out to need a long NICU stay, and there is no place better than MGH in all of New England.

My second pregnancy I was seen by one of the high risk OBs (Dr. Greene). He and his nurse are both awesome. And Dr. Erin Tracy (who was recommended by culhasa) delivered me, and I loved her. In fact, if I have another baby, I will ask to see her for my appts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

I used MGH for my first and now with my second.  I love them, truly, it's been great.  My favorite, I hardly ever have to wait long to be seen.  Mind you, the day you go in thinking that is the day you'll have to wait, but they work hard to keep everyone on time.  with both pregnancies I have been seen by the triage team at least once for varying concerns (abdominal pain at 8 weeks - read: severe gas!; and dizziness with the 2nd at about 22 weeks).  You call and you get an appt asap.  I will say that with a first pregnancy, waiting for that 1st appt or conversation with the nurse takes forever, but they are so thorough and you can call about anything.  The birth experience with MGH was fantastic and I wouldn't have changed a thing really.  They were very supportive, asked me what my preferences were, etc.  I was pretty much fine with having any OB deliver - I didn't care for being stressed about waiting for my doctor to call me back or arrive at the hospital Dr. Huxtable style.  I have a different doctor this time (Dr. Kanadai or something like that) and I like her, we're doing fine.  I really was sad that my previous doc was no longer at the practice, but the care and treatment that I was particularly fond of (breaking my membranes at 40 weeks and going into labor the next day) I reviewed with her and she is fine with all that so then we're good to go.  Good luck, it's a great team (and the gift shop has nice things for baby!).