October Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

October Updates

Woo  hoo!  I get to start the October thread AND I have exciting news!! 

I've been feeling the baby move since last Thursday, which was 19 weeks 2 days.  The first time was just one little poke while I was at the spa getting my armpits waxed, of all places!!  It felt kind of like a bubble popping a few inches below my belly button.  Since then I have felt her moving a bunch, but it's so hard to describe!!  I wonder if I felt it before and didn't recognize it.  I can't wait to be able to feel it from the outside!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: October Updates

Congrats Fram. That is such a good feeling and for a few more weeks, it's something that only you can feel.

DD is almost 6 weeks old and as happy as I am to have her, I do miss being able to feel her inside. You're post brought up some wonderful memories. :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I've still got my breech baby...although I feel like he or she is moving a lot more in the last week, so I keep telling myself that he or she is trying to build momentum to flip over.  I'll be 35 weeks this week, so we have two weeks to flip before I have to consider versioning and c-section.  I'm hoping that acupuncture plus lots of strange lying and sitting positions will help him or her get there on his/her own. 

Last night had heartburn so bad that I was hoping it was the baby readjusting and repositioning all of my organs, and I can't feel the head under my heart this morning, so I have my fingers crossed! 

Other than that, I feel like countdown mode has really started now!  I've been washing some of the little clothes and at every visit to the grocery store have been stocking my pantry and freezer a little bit.  Also did a big clean of the house this weekend...nesting has definitely begun!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, that's so exciting!! I think it was the 3.5 mile walk that did it. :-)

Good luck Luv & IPW!

Nothing new on my end...I'm 13 weeks today and have my NT scan tomorrow - excited to see the babe!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram - Exciting, its a great feeling isn't it?

Luv - I hope the baby flips for you, how many acupuncture appts have you had so far?

Not much going on with me, 16 weeks and I have an appt today.  I have the quad screening (I think that's what its called) today to test for downs, spinabifida, etc.  I'm a little anxious about, with DD the risk for downs came back very high and we went through the amnio process (turned out to be a false positive with the blood test).  So far this pregnancy has been much less dramatic though so I'm hoping that is a sign that things will be just fine.

On my list of question for the dr are foods to keep me more energized - Hoping to hear some great ideas!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ugh, my c is scheduled for 10/30.  i'll be 38 weeks with twins then -seems so far away!  i'm SO UNCOMFORTABLE already - i don't think i can take it.  maybe i will go sooner... guess it's in nature's hands.  oy!  sorry just had to vent.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Wow lots of updates already!

Fra- exciting to feel the baby move!
    luv- hoping that baby moves on you!
    IPW- yay! hope it hapens soon!
    KT- good luck on the appt.

I have my first u/s today, so excited!!   Also I think I may have a double ear infection...really?? What am I 5?  So besides going to the hospital, I'll be at my primary care today.
    I also found out one of my best friends is pg too! Two weeks ahead of me, and we're delivering at the same place.  It will be nice ot have someone to talk to that understands what I am going through!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

good luck today ajuly!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

KT...I had one appointment last week, with needles and the whole shebang, and then had "homework", which is burning a moxa stick by each baby toe for 10 minutes a night.  My husband gets to do that job!  I go back this week for a follow up.  She said that if the baby reacts to this, it will be between 3 and 10 days...currently on day 5, so we'll see! 

Stef...it does seem so far away, doesn't it?  In the meantime, see how you can distract yourself by spending some one-on-one time with your husband before that date.  Eat out, go to the movies, do whatever couples things you love to do in these next three weeks! 

I look at my calendar at work, and it seems so soon, but getting through every day on its own takes forever.  Sleep is getting harder, sitting is getting harder, walking is getting harder, concentrating is definitely getting harder!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

IPW--Just saw your thread on the September updates too, I'm still here also!  Happy due date and happy birthday, right?  Or was your birthday yesterday and your due date today?  I can't believe that I'm actually overdue now!  I hear you on the nothingness though, I'm expecting Thursday or Friday too.  Good luck!

Fram--Yay for baby movements!  So fun!

Luv--Hope that baby turns soon for you!

Stefani--If you make it 38 weeks with twins, that's great!  Halloween weekend babies!  

Congrats to all the ladies having ultrasounds too.  I miss only having seen our boy at 18 weeks this time around.  With DD I had 8 or 9 ultrasounds, but I'm just glad that this has been an uneventful pregnancy.

So yeah, still here!  We'll see!  40 weeks and 1 day now.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Hang in there Lost and IPW (if you're still here)....I hope your little boys decide to make their grand entrances soon!

Fram, congrats on feeling the baby.  It's such an exciting milestone and really made the whole thing sink in for me.

KT and Ajuly, good luck with your appointments. I hope everything goes well.

Luv, I hope you can get that baby to turn.

Stefani, I'm impressed by how far you've made it with twins.  Making it to 38 weeks would be awesome, even though I know it must be very uncomfortable.

As for me, I've got nothing to report.  13 weeks 3 days today.  Feeling a lot better overall, but really tired today because DH left for a week and had a ridiculously early flight which forced me out of bed at an ungodly hour.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Almost 39 weeks now (officially on Wednesday) and I can now understand why people might choose to be induced if they don't deliver on their due date... I'm a cranky, achy, sleepless mess!  :)

IPW and Lost - I was so hoping you both went over the weekend!!  I'm sure you were too... hang in there, I hope it happens soon!

Fram - congrats on feeling the LO in there!!  It's the absolute best feeling (well, until they get big enough that it starts to HURT, lol).  Can't wait to hear about your DH's reaction when he gets to feel it for the first time (which might be a few more weeks).

Luv - hope the acupuncture works and that baby turns!  If not, have hope about the versioning - it worked for GC!

Congrats to everyone having ultrasounds - may you all have very low risk ratios with your scans!  KT - sorry you had to go through having a high ratio with your first pregnancy - that must have been extremely stressful.

Stefani - it must seem like ages away, but the good thing is it's THIS MONTH!  When October hit for me it suddenly seemed just so much more real and impending!  (in a good way)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wow, I can't believe so many of you are so close to the end!  :)

I have a question re: feeling the baby move.  I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, and for the last couple of weeks I've been feeling a weird sensation in my abdomen.  It's not like gas bubbles or butterflies like some people have described when they feel the baby.  It's more like someone is lightly scratching me from the inside.  It doesn't hurt, but it's not all that comfortable when it happens, either.  Does this sound like baby, or something else?  I have my monthly appointment today, so I'll probably ask my OB about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So many good updates, either with first ultrasounds or final days/weeks.  Good luck everyone!!

Regarding the movement, how long after feeling it could you feel it on the outside as well?  A friend said it was only about a week in between for her, but I'm sure there is a range.

She moves a lot at night, like right before bed, but I also felt her a bunch during my morning commute today.  So fun!!

This is carried over from the September thread - I called my health insurance.  Up until 37 weeks, a pregnancy related emergency or illness would be covered out of state.  (Routine care would not be covered, but who would randomly schedule a checkup out of state??)  After 37 weeks, I'd have to foot the bill.  So I am off on a business trip at 26 weeks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Pugs!  I meant to ask if you had felt anything. 
    For me, sometimes the movement is distinct.  Other times, it's more like I can feel that there is something heavy in my uterus but I don't actually feel movement.  (If you can call less than one lb heavy.)  I wouldn't say it feels like scratching or uncomfortable, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs, that was how the early movement felt with DD, not at all like others had described.  I once asked a nurse if it could be fingernails or something and she laughed and said nope - felt like it!

Fram, I'd give it at least a couple weeks, once you think the movements start to feel strong then I'd have DH try to feel them.  Congrats on the business trip!

Lostgrouse - I went to the fair in Easton this weekend and thought of you - Well you didn't miss out on much, they did not have nearly as many children's activities this year.  I will say that the snacks were delicious and made it worthwhile!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

KT--We were going to go, but DD's nap went from 12-3 and then there really was no time to go afterwards.  Glad you had some good food at least!!!

Pugs--Have they told you if you have an anterior placenta?  I have one and it made the early movements way less noticeable.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram - I found *I* could feel the movement on the outside before my DH said he could... I just attributed that to the fact that I was *also* feeling it from the inside, so was more attuned to where it was, what it felt like, etc.  But it shouldn't be too much longer!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Lost, nobody has mentioned an anterior placenta, but at my last u/s the tech did say something about my placenta being a little low.  She didn't seem concerned; just mentioned it to the student that was in there with us.

KT, since you felt the same thing, I guess it is baby!  I can see why you'd ask if it could be fingernails because it feels exactly like the baby is trying to claw her way out of there.  :)

Oh, and the other new thing I experienced the other night that is not fun at all -- heart palpitations.  It only happened once, but for a few seconds it felt like my heart was going to beat right out of my chest.  I read up on it and apparently it's very common during pregnancy.  Anyone else have them at all?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Pugs - yes, I did and still do occasionally.  And if DH puts his ear to my belly or chest he always comments about how strong my heart is beating!  It is quite unnerving especially if you are sitting or lying perfectly still!  I found I felt them most if I was on my back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs, The more I think about it, it does sometimes feel like a scraping, but it doesn't hurt.
    I get the heart palpitations too, I think.  I'd say it has happened about 5 times in the last 2 months, so not that often, but it's freaky!  Usually it happens when I'm just sitting or standing there, not exercising, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

My mom compared the early movements to being poked with an eraser...nothing that hurt, just felt a little weird. 

My husband is still having trouble feeling the kicks...he's felt a few, but I don't think he has the patience to wait there for a while.  I found that putting something on my belly helped him see it, though...like a book, or a magazine or the TV remote...it just lies there and then he can see it move, even if he can't feel it. 

Of course, I have both an anterior placenta and a breech baby, so I'm all messed up in terms of kicks and movement...I mostly feel it in the bottom of my uterus and in my back.  Harder to feel it from the outside!  Flip, baby, flip!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

We had our NT scan this morning - baby's huge! Well, in comparison to a few weeks ago. :-)

All measurements were good, she said, but of course I googled them just to make sure (psycho). Hopefully the blood test will come back OK and we can breath easy (right...).

It was so fun to see the little noodle again, s/he was very uncooperative in getting into the right position - I had to cough a few times and roll over to try and get him/her to move - it sorta worked, but was pretty funny. Thankfully, I think I detected my nose in there and not DH's honker...but that of course is yet to be determined. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Lots of exciting things going on in early October! 

Although we're not letting ourselves get excited quite yet, DH and I had a big, bold, beautiful, pink BFP this weekend!  I have to admit that I hesitate to even mention it here because I JUST started posting on the TTC thread since we just started TTC in September.  I feel bad that it worked (so far) for us on the first try when others here struggle. 

RE: heart palpitations.  I get them normally all the time and I've heard you can get them during pregnancy and that terrifies me.  Mine can get so awful that my PCP has recommended drugs (for comfort purposes) but I've resisted knowing they're harmless.  They are still kind of scary to feel, nonetheless.  But they're very common! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, LilSprout!!