October Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Re: October Updates

Exciting Poppy!

I had my 18 week u/s last night and it was fantastic!  The ultrasound tech was really wonderful and talked to us about how great everything looked the whole way through which was really wonderful.  The baby is measuring in the 60% and 1 week ahead so everything looks great!  I have anterior placenta which is on the front/my stomach which would explain why I haven't felt as much movement as I had been expecting.  She said it would be a while before I felt a whole lot.  Of course after MM's concern I asked if it was going to attach to the c-section scar - I received a less than thrilling answer, she said well anything is possible - ok lovely - that's on the list to ask the dr about now! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Glad to hear it Poppy. I hope our next update is that baby-poppy is here!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: October Updates:
    [QUOTE]Wed - I had pains in my lower abdomen for at least two weeks after BFP.  They were fairly sharp and usually in the same spots - ovaries perhaps??  Even though it seems early, your body is already changing.  Hopefully that is what you were feeling?  They definitely made me paraniod that something was going wrong, even though a lot of women said they had experienced the same thing.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing and assumed it was my utereus moving and growing b/c of the pg.  I don't want to alarm you, but I ended up w/ a mc 5 weeks later.  I would call your dr just to be on the safe side.  GL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Wed, I had simliar pains as well - I think any wierd feeling can be considered normal as long as it is not extremely painful and/or accompanied by bleeding.

Just to hopefully calm your fears in case  Alf's post made you worried - I had the exact same feelings in my abdomen this pregnancy as I did last pregnancy which I m/c  (and now I'm 15 1/2 weeks and going strong).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone ever feel pain in their lower abdomen in the early weeks?  I am only 5 weeks, and have had a pain there on and off the last couple days and it has been consistently bothersome all day today.  When I google it I start to worry that it could be ectopic.  I have an u/s scheduled for next Wednesday though wondering if I should call my RE's office about this. Re: the peeing, I have found that I do go more than normal, though probably as other said it is because since I found out I have been trying to be better about drinking lots of water during the day. 
    Posted by wedoct09[/QUOTE]

Wed, I absolutely felt pain and cramps in my lower abdomen throughout the first trimester.  It never lasted too long and was actually reassuring for me.  I didn't have any other pregnancy symptoms-- nausea, exhaustion, etc.-- so this way I knew that everything was still progressing.  I think that small pains and cramps are completely normal-- and a sign that your body is adjusting to hormonal and structural changes.  If the pain increases or lasts a long time, then I would be concerned.  Good luck and try to relax (even though that's not easy AT ALL)! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

um... for some reason i now have a picture of sandra bullock with an FBI banner as my screen persona - miss congeniality or something.  what the...? 

anyway - poppy, keep us posted.  that "let us know if the baby stops moving" stuff stresses me out - i have two babies in there and i can't always tell which is which!  ugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ooh - now sandra's gone - weird!  sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Still here - after being crampy and contraction-y all night long, nothing is happening this morning.  So we wait!!

Stefani - it stresses me out too, and must be especially difficult with 2 babies!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

poppy - that's what happened to me. My due date was a Saturday. Sat night I was having mild contractions spread about 20 mins apart and then they went away Sun morning. Nothing all day, but the major contractions started Sun night. Ds was born Monday morning. Good luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Good luck, Poppy!! Sounds like either way, you'll be a mom very soon! :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

this seems so stupid to ask, but - what do the contractions feel like, poppy?  i'm totally paranoid i wouldn't know a contraction if i had one!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Stef...you and I don't want to feel contractions!  We want to have nice, planned, orderly c-sections next week that result in healthy babies and healthy mommies.  Don't think about them!!!!!!!  :)

Can you believe we'll meet these kids next week? 

Also, Poppy, here's hoping your water breaks or contractions start up today...or failing that, that induction tomorrow goes smooth as can be! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

LOL, Luv!  Stefani - if what I started feeling last night were contractions (I don't even entirely know) they were unlike any sensation I've had yet.  It was a gradual tightening around my abdomen (all of my Braxton-Hicks contractions have been only above the belly-button area, not down in my abdominal area), along with unpleasant, but not excruciating, crampy pain, and extending around to my lower back.  In my lower back it felt almost like digestive pain/ache. The whole thing would last about a minute then kind of fade away.

I know everyone's different, but because this was totally different than anything I've felt before, I felt fairly confident that they were, in fact, contractions.  However, I did not feel the need to jump up and start timing them because I could tell they were "irregular" and because the pain wasn't so bad, I figured I wasn't "close" to anything happening. 

Thank you all so much for your words of support!  I'm sorry I've been so self-involved recently!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for all the reassuring comments ladies!  I am going to try not to worry about it for now and just ask at the dr. next week. 

Good luck tomorrow Poppy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]Ok - he just called back.  Said not to worry unless baby stops moving.  I *think* he said the words "early labor"!  So maybe I won't need the induction?! Thanks for your encouragement girls!  I"m glad some of you are reading this late at night!
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

Your doctor has a weird definition of early labor :o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT: Congrats on everything looking good!  I'm sorry my scar paranoia became contagious!!!  I have placenta previa, which makes two risks including the scar (and both of these together were the precursors for my friend's "one in a million" situation), so hence my freaking out... but I promise, her situation was really, really, really rare.   I hope I didn't worry any previous c-sectioners unnecessarily, I just needed this anonymous forum to get my paranoia out!  I am sure I was overreacting and I'm sure you will be just fine! 
    Do you feel the baby with the anterior placenta?  I definitely feel flutters, but no kicks from the outside yet with the anterior placenta. 
    Hey, if you end up consistently measuring a week ahead, we could be neighbors at SSH!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Good Luck today Poppy (if you did not go last night)!

MM - I'm not overly worried but I will ask the dr about it at my next appt, maybe I can sneak in another u/s to make sure that everything is okay ;-).  I did have to laugh when she said the the placenta is low and on the outside, when I asked about it attaching her answer was so laid back about it I laughed out loud! 

I actually felt a good amount of flutters/movement yesterday, much more than I expected but definitely not anything that could be felt from the outside.

Are you planning on trying to BF again this time around?  I'm trying to decide if I want to take the BF'ng class again.  With DD she was tongue tied and I exclusively pumped (well and supplemented with formula).  So I'm trying to decide if the class would even be worthwhile or if the LC at the hospital and support group would be just as good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

I took an unexpected hiatus from the boards due to being buried in work, and it looks like I missed a TON of updates, so forgive me if I miss anything or anyone here.  Congrats to IPW and Lost on the overdue but exciting birth of your reluctant little men!  And another huge congrats to LIL on baby Ella's arrival!  Congrats also to Lil Sprout and Wed on their BFP's.  Wed, I had cramping in each of my pregnancies (4 total - 1 ectopic, DD, a miscarriage and this time), this time it has been the worst by far, so I wouldn't be all that worried, but if you are, don't hesitate to call your OB, that's what they are there for.  And to KT on the great ultrasound results.  I had an anterior placenta with DD, and while I did feel flutters pretty early on, I didn't feel real kicks or anything from the outside until much later (I think like 22-24 weeks).  This time, I have a posterior placenta and I have been feeling little kicks for a week or two already (I am 16 weeks today).  Also, congrats to MM on your little girl!  Great news.  Best of luck to Poppy, who may even be a mom by now, who knows and to the others whose due dates are coming up...Luv and Stefani, I believe. 

As for me, I got the results of my sequential screen back yesterday (combined first and second trimester screening) and the nurse said, "everything looks great, you have the risk factors of a 22 year old" (I'm 39, so that was nice to hear).  DH's response "see, honey, you're a spring chicken, we can have 4 more babies now" -- HA!

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

am, that's great news on your scan results! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

KT--My son was tongue tied and they clipped it on day 2 at SSH.  If you have another tongue tied child you could have them clip it right away so that you wouldn't have to EP.  I would also say that you might not bother going to the BF class unless you need to be convinced that you want to BF.  I found the class (I went when I was pregnant with DD) to be interesting enough but not really helpful when it comes to actual nursing.  The LCs and the support group at SSH are way more helpful.  You guys who are delivering at SSH or around SSH and BF should let me know if you're going to the support group and we can have a meet-up there!  I go because I want to know how much this little one is growing.

Go Poppy!  I hope that all is going well for you!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT- I was contemplating calling the LCs at SSH before delivering to discuss my difficulties last time and see if there were any tips I could go into this time that might be helpful to keep in mind.  I took the class that Lost mentions at SSH before DS and didn't find it terribly helpful.  Perhaps now that I have BFed, it would mean more to me, but I'm not sure.  I would love to take a class on pumping, helping supply, etc., so if anyone ever hears of one like that, let me know.  To be honest, exclusively BFing for the first year will not be part of my plans even if I am more successful this go around than with DS, unless I have an insanely abundant supply and can get lots of ounces pumped really, really quickly.  If my supply is more what it was like with DS though, even if I last through my maternity leave this time and even if there aren't as many latch/thrush/physical issues, there's just no way I can fit multiple pumpings per day in at my job when I return at 12 weeks without extending my day (not really possible b/c we have to see clients during official business hours) or driving myself batty (squeezing small amounts of pumping in between every client session, not having a spare second to breathe).  So being more "successful" at BFing this time will likely include supplementing at some point anyway, and maybe pumping once/day at work.  I would love to make a BF/formula combo last for a longer haul than I could with DS, though!  I only made it to 4 weeks exclusively BFing with DS and 8-10 weeks total with BF/formula (totally forgetting how long now!), so anything more than that would be a success to me.  And if it doesn't work at all, or I stop sooner, so be it.  I'm not stressing myself about it this time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Lost, thats great to know that they clipped DS's tongue at the hospital!  I'm not delivering until March but I'd be happy to meet up at the support group!

I also took the class at SSH last time too and I remember it more being about position and the proper latch so when I think about it it really would not be that helpful.

MM - I pumped for 3 months and I honestly consider it one of the biggest accomplishments in my life!  There were a lot of points where I didn't think I could make it through the next pumping session.  If I could do a nurse/pump/supplement combo for 3 months I'd be a very happy lady.  I like your idea of calling the LC's before delivering.  I also was planning on asking the LC's for help in the hospital before the last day or whenever they scheduled them to come in.  I'm not stressing this time either - I clearly remember more stressful moments over bf'ng than I care to experience again.  reading ab

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Also, Am great news on your scan!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

These boards move quickly and I'm afraid I may have missed some updates! 
    LilSprout and Wed - congrats!  Glad you got good news from the blood work Wed.
    AM - good news on the scan!
    Fingers crossed for Poppy, Stef, and Luv!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Got my BFP this week! 2 of them in fact!
    I am so excited, but for some reason, part of me just can't believe it - it doesn't feel real yet. My body feels like I am about to start AF (minor cramps and bloating) any day now, but I guess that's normal, right?

Sections
Shortcuts