1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Re: October Updates

Congrats Soxgirl!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations Soxgirl!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats Soxgirl. Don't worry you're normal for not feeling pregnant. I'm 15 wks and I still don't "feel" pregnant. It hasn't set it yet! I don't think it will till I get a huge belly!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Soxgirl, I definitely felt like I was having period cramps so don't worry!!  Once I knew I was pregnant, I could tell they were different from usual, but before hand I totally thought it was PMS... and even after they made me really paranoid!

Last week, a friend of mine told me she is 16 weeks pregnant.  As we chatted, I asked if she had done the ultrasound/screening for downs, etc.  She didn't know!  How do you not know?!!!  It just frustrates me so much to see someone not advocating for her own health and the health of her child.  They specifically ask you if you want to do a screening, so how could you not know!?!  She said she had one ultrasound but she didn't know if that was what it was for.  Sigh.  (Believe me, she isn't being private... This is the same girl who thought pregnancy tests were re-usable.  I think she grew up in a bubble.)

Today we're bringing a bunch of stuff to my parents' attic and tomorrow we paint the baby's room - so exciting!  I hope the paint color is what I envisioned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Thanks for the reassurance!

Fram - That is surprising that your friend didn't know something like that! Can you guide her towards a pregnancy board or something so that she will start to beccome more aware?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations Soxgirl. I have missed a ton of updates.
    Wow, it is all consuming bringing home the little one.

Poppy - I hope you are doing great! 

Stefani - you are so close!!

gc, LLE,  IPW are you surviving the early days?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Luck!!!  The first few days home were so strange but trust me it starts going by so quickly, before you know it your little one will be a month old!  Going on two months this coming Sunday here!

I'm hoping all went well with poppy!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Congrats Soxgirl!  I didn't believe mine either until about 6.5 weeks when I started to get nauseous every day.  Before then, nothing was different except for sore boobs.  It was hard to believe it wasn't just regular PMS! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats Soxgirl! I think the first few weeks are the weirdest - especially since you're really going by faith that there is a baby growing in there. At 16 weeks, I'm still going by that faith and I've had 3 ultrasounds! I think it just won't feel totally real until a.) I have a real belly (one that doesn't fluctuate daily) and b.) I can feel the baby moving.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats Soxgirl....I agree with Silver.  the first few weeks are weird, because you're really going by faith.  Even if you end up having really bad morning sickness (which I wouldn't wish on anyone), it still doesn't feel real until much later.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

IPW - if I understand correctly you are holding the pumping parts (I can't remember what they are called and I pumped for 7 months not too long ago!) freehand? They have bras made especially so that you don't have to hold the pump. An even easier solution, IMO, is to take an old sports bra and cut little holes to line up with your n*pples. Insert the pump parts through the holes then you can pump both sides at the same time. I was so glad that someone told me this trick as it was a huge time saver. Hope this is helpful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

IPW - oh and congratulations!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Jacon - I used the pumping bra - was a godsend!  IPW, here is the link....soooo woth it!

http://www.llliclothes.com/Nursing-Bras/4106-New-Pump-Bra.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

KT75 - I just looked at the link. What recently pregnant mother has a stomach that flat! Makes me laugh and annoys me at the same time. (And if any new mother here does have a stomach that flat - I don't want to know!).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

IPW-I second the tip to buy a handsfree bra (or to use the tip that JACON gave).  It will make you a more efficient pumper.  Also, I was told that it really isn't better to pump for more than 12 minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

IPW--What kind of pump do you have?  If it's a PISA you should be able to just hit the letdown button once and then be okay with those settings so you can pump both sides at once.  I also used to balance one pump in the crook of my arm so I had one free hand while pumping.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

This is totally off topic but I can't find the "start discussion" button again. Am I missing something?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi girls!  Finally... baby Zoe is here!!  It's so hard to find a moment to write, so this will be somewhat quick and I can elaborate later.

Turns out what I was feeling Thursday night was indeed early labor.  At 3:30am we decided to go into the hospital even though the contractions weren't always regular because they were mainly less than 5 minutes apart.  (it seems the "regularness" of them is really the most important thing.)  But since I had an induction planned for Friday at 7am anyway, they kept me. 

The Thursday night contractions had gotten me from 0-3 cm dilated.  Then they started the pitocin and what I thought had been somewhat painful contractions before I realized were little tickles compared to the "real" thing.  After 4 hours on the pitocin with complete back labor, I was only 4 cm dilated and opted for the epidural.  It took a couple of tries, but the insertion of it was not that bad - it sounds scarier than it feels.  It took effect and I labored for about 5 more hours and was fully 10cm dilated at 6pm.  I "labored down" (when they just let you rest at 10cm and let nature do its thing) for a little over an hour and started pushing. 

After 3 hours of that we weren't progressing enough and to make a long story short(er) the dr. said we had to do a c-section.  So that's what we did.  If anyone wants to hear about that I can post specifically about it - it's different process to labor and push for hours, then have a c-section, than it is to have a scheduled c-section.

Zoe was 8lbs, 3oz, born on the 22nd.  She is doing great, and I'm feeling good (as long as I stay on top of the meds).  It's been great to have read all of the c-section posts - for example I've been making sure to take my colace every day!

Thinking good thoughts for Luv and Stefani who will be meeting their LOs this week!  Hope you are all doing well - I haven't read all of the updates yet but will do so soon!  Thanks to you all for being such a wonderful support group!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Poppy congrats on baby Zoe!! I love that name!   Sorry you had such a rough labor, but you seem in good spirits about it!  Hope your early days are going well!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congratulations Poppy!  Happy to hear you and baby Zoe are doing well.  I too love the name!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Poppy, I've been checking in a few times hoping from word for you - Congratulations on the arrival of Zoe! I had a feeling you'd have a girl, I am so happy for you!

I guess you got the full range of experiences in bringing Zoe into the world. I hope you were happy with your experience, it sounds like you gave it your best shot, and in the end got your beautiful baby girl!

Take it easy and take your time healing. Just stay still and hold that wonderful baby in your arms!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Poppy and welcome baby Zoe! :-)

So you sort of got to experience a little of everything - natural labor, induction and a c-section. ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Congrats Poppy!! What a great name - Zoe was my imaginary friend as a little kid!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Poppy!  I had a feeling you had delivered your bundle of joy and was looking forward to the update.  Zoe is the name my 12 year old nephew chose for my baby girl.  Andrew if it was a boy.  He's not too bad at this game!
    So far I am 0 for 3; I guessed boy for me, you, and a friend and we all have girls!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Congrats, Poppy!  Welcome Zoe! 

Keep us updated!

Sections
Shortcuts