October Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Re: October Updates

awww Congrats!  Cute name!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congratulations Poppy!  I totally thought you were having a boy; guess I was wrong.  I absolutely love the name and can't wait to hear more about her!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

Congrats Poppy and everyone else that just had their LOs!

I've been lurking for months and finally thought I'd join in the posting. I'm 8 months and 1 week pregnant with my 1st. I've gotten so much great advice from these bulletins that I just wanted to thank everyone for being so open about things that most people wouldn't talk about (I never even thought about difficulty with BM after delivery)!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Yay, Poppy!!!  A huge congrats on baby Zoe's arrival.  Enjoy your new family!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Congrats, Poppy & Mr. Poppy!  And welcome, Zoe.  :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats on your new DD!!!  Great news Poppy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Congrats, Poppy on Baby Zoe!  Hope you're all adjusting to life together!

Had my pre-op appointment this morning and am ready for tomorrow's c-section (well, as ready as I can be!).  Looking forward to around noon tomorow when surgery's over, and I know we're both okay...and when I finally know if this baby is a boy or a girl!!!

Now back to finishing some last minute laundry and packing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Congratulations, Poppy!  You sure did experience it all.  I'm glad everyone is OK and that you and your DH are enjoying Zoe!

Welcome to the boards, LL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrat on baby Zoe Poppy!

Luv, good luck tomorrow - kick back and relax tonight!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations Poppy!  I am so glad that everyone is well.  3 hours of pushing is rough.  I pushed for 2 1/2 and let me tell you, to get this 9 lb 8 ounce baby out I feel extremely fortunate but absolutely looked like I got run over by a truck and then the truck back over me again.  Holy swollen face and eye hemorrhages.

Luv - best of luck to you!  I hope eveyrthing goes smoothly.

IPW - do you nipples hurt?  Ugh.  The first 5 seconds are killers to me and then it gets better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Luck - And here I am complaining about my mild morning sickness :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Lil - I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your new baby girl!  I hope you are all doing well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Good luck tomorrow Luv!  Can't wait to find out if your LO is a boy or girl!!

Luck - my left one hurt for like 5 seconds like you mentioned when BFing for a while but now it is fine.  Just make sure the latch is good!

A lot of new people ... congrats and welcome to you all!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

congrats poppy!  luv, good luck tomorrow.  i'll be thinking of you! 

my c is saturday.  last dr's appt. today.  weights are estimated at 7 lbs 9 oz and 6 lbs 15 oz - if they are even close to those i'll be happy!

hi to everyone else!  :) 

(IPW, get one of those br@s for hands-free pumping, for sure!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Congratulations poppy! Welcome Zoe!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good luck tomorrow Luv!  I know this is repetetive of what others have said, but the c-section is not as big of a deal as I thought before having one.  The recovery is also so far not as bad as I thought it would be, but ABSOLUTELY keep on top of the meds as IPW says - take them at the earliest time they tell you you can take them.  I didn't do this at first and paid for it.  I also learned that they won't necessarily wake you up to take them, so I started setting my alarm to ask for them in the middle of the night because to wake up in pain is no fun.

If you have a scheduled c-section you won't have to worry about the muscle pain from pushing, so that's good.  Apparently I had a somewhat unusual situation that arose during surgery that resulted in more trauma to my body (uterus) than is typical (I won't get into detail unless someone is interested) and even with that it hasn't been too bad, as long as I stay on top of the percocet and motrin.  At first they'll have you on an IV for meds (probably something like morphine) with a button you can push - here it's every 20 minutes you can self-medicate, not sure if that's a common amount of time.  After 18 hours everything came out (catheter, IVs, etc) and I started the oral pain med - first just percocet, then a combo of percocet and motrin.  Also, as others have said, take your colace and gas medicine!

Ok, have to go - grammy is here to visit.  Thanks everyone for your well wishes!  I still have to catch up on all of the updates!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good luck Luv!

Those weights sound awesome, Stefani!

Random question I just remembered - Can you take antibiotics while breastfeeding?  I suppose one possible downside is you don't want to overexpose your kids to antibiotics and have them become immune.  But it seems likely that you could do it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fram - Yes there are antibiotics that you can take that are safe to BF with - Others are not.  I had mastitis and a UTI while BF'ng, I reminded the Dr each time that I was BF'ng and they prescribed a safe antibiotic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Fram- if you're concerned you can also take probiotics to try to avoid thrush.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Good luck Stefani...those weights sound terrific!! 

For those bfing and pumping instead of buying a specific pumping bra take an old sports bra or even an old bra and cut two slits in it.  Same as a pumping bra but much less expensive.  It works great (I did it to an old sports bra that I have that clasps in the back).  Now I am hands free while pumping!  I also recommend getting the bags to pump into instead of pumping into bottles unless you will use the milk right away.  They are a great way to store the milk without using up all your bottles.  I have a medela pump and use the medela bags and love them, you can pump right into them and you can add your name and the date you pumped it (great for daycare).  Also, an LC told me to store my milk in the bottom shelf of the fridge in the very back.  Same with the freezer!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Congrats to all the new mommies!! I've been following, even if I'm not posting. Wishing you all the best :-)

Occ - saw your post on here...how are you and your lo?? Would love to hear from you! Check your messages section of your name...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

rhm - Thanks for the message I just replied! I hope all is well with everyone. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Home sick today.  I've been dreading the winter because I always get a cold at least twice.  Luckily this week is less busy at work, so I can afford to be home for a day - or two :o(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Fram-I hope you feel better.  Last year, I had a cold sometime in Dec. and I couldn't work for about a week (my usual cold meds were not allowed). 

IPW-Glad you've found a way to double pump.  The sports bra is a good idea for home but I think the hands free bra is awesome for work.  You can zip it up before you're ready to pump. 

Luck-The pain goes away after the first few weeks. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi everyone,
    We're home now!  About 3 hours ago.  It's nice to finally be out of the hospital, but i'm hurting a bit... Other c-sectioners, did you have horrible gas pains, and especially that weird one in the upper right shoulder area?  They warned me that would happen after the surgery, but it didn't really kick in until today.  So I'm walking around like a little old lady.

My milk came in yesterday and today Zoe's eating like a champ.  30-35 minutes per side so far today.  We have just been doing one side per feeding today because she basically gets drunk on milk and refuses to open her mouth back up - she purses her lips closed so tightly I couldn't use a vice to get in there!  She definitely tells us when she does and does not want something.

I was just re-reading your birth stories, LIL and IPW – LIL yours sounded a lot like mine except that mine ended in a section. I also labored on my own with pitocin for 3 hours before I was like get me that freakin epidural! I also pushed for 3 hours. At the time I wished she came out that way, but it is what it is, and I was glad to not have to deal with a tear of the perineum. How is yours feeling, LIL? One thing about laboring, pushing, then ending up with a section is that rather than give you a spinal, they just up the epidural dose. Well, I don't think it's quite as effective as a spinal. I could feel more than I think I was supposed to – I was expecting to feel the pushing/pulling pressure, but I also felt pain as they did the incision, etc. The only other option was completely being put under with general, and I really didn't want to do that, so I dealt with the pain (so it must have been tolerable). Maybe it was just my specific experience, but I think it's important for people to know that so they can figure out which meds they want to opt for. Also, it's much harder to get baby out after you've pushed her way down, and for me this resulted in some arterial tearing in the uterus and “massive blood loss” according to one nurse! My OB was a bit more delicate about it when he told me. He bascially said I'm good to get pregnant again any time, but will need to have another c-section unless the baby is estimated at around 7.5lbs at birth. But having gone through the section once, I'm not nearly as concerned about it.

I hope Luv did/is doing well!  Hope she checks in when she can.  I have definitely been overwhelmed and have had a hard time with regular communication.  Now that we're home it should get better, I'm hoping.  Can't wait to hear about Luv, then Stefani, you're up!  I'm sure all will go well!!

Sections
Shortcuts