Pediatrician recommendation on the North Shore...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantown01960. Show beantown01960's posts

Pediatrician recommendation on the North Shore...

Hello all, I'm 30 weeks pregnant and want to start looking around to find a good pediatrician.  I'm in Peabody so the closer the better.  One name I got from my OB was Dr. Jill Diamond in Peabody/Salem.  There's an office at 10 Centennial Drive in Peabody that has a number of pediatricians as well as another at 2 Essex Center Drive.  Those would be ideal by location but I don't really know anyone from the area I could speak to for word of mouth recommendations.  Are there any recommendations you can give me?  I'd like to get at least 3 or 4 I can talk to.  Thanks in advance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Re: Pediatrician recommendation on the North Shore...

Hi Beantown - Congrats!  We go to Woburn Pediatrics (Dr. D'entremont) and they are AWESOME.  We absolutely love them.  Can call at any time with questions and speak to a nurse.   They have night and weekend hours.  They have been wonderful for both my 2.5 year old and 8 month old.  Highly recommend.  Good luck!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Culhasa, I am so glad to hear you love Dr. D, my husband and I are going to meet with him Monday and be introduced to the practice!!  Nice to hear more good things about him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

I was given Dr. Diamond's name as a recommendation from a friend who brings her daughter there, so I've heard good things about her.

However, I live in Beverly and preferred to see a doctor closer to home.  I bring my son to Garden City Pediatrics (http://www.gardencitypediatrics.com/) and we see Dr. Sleeper.  I totally LOVE him...his style works really well for us and he was very supportive when I was having some breastfedding issues early on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

June - good luck...I have seen a number of doctors, nurses, nurse prac, etc there and they have all been fantastic.  The weekend hours are FANTASTIC...it seems as though my kids only get sick on the weekends or on Friday nights!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from happy2bpg. Show happy2bpg's posts

Hey beantown!

You are talking about the Pediatric Healthcare Assc.  group.   They have offices in a bunch of towns incl. Melrose and Reading. I go to the Melrose office  but in the event of sickness or emergency you can be seen by an doc in any office (whatever works for you and your kiddo and where they can get you in quickly).  I actually took DD to Peabody this morning for a sick visit.  I love this practice.  DD is our first so we have loads of questions and they always answer them and do not make me feel siily for asking.   You can call anytime and ask a nurse a question.  They are great about calling back and offering help for whatever the problem may be.      We've seen a bunch of docs and they are all nice.    They have a website if you want to look it up.   Let me know if you have more questions!   Good Luck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

I've had several recommendations for Dr. Beth Friere at North Andover Pediatrics. And I've also heard good things about North Reading Pediatrics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from minniemom. Show minniemom's posts

In Response to Re: Pediatrician recommendation on the North Shore...:
    [QUOTE]Culhasa, I am so glad to hear you love Dr. D, my husband and I are going to meet with him Monday and be introduced to the practice!!  Nice to hear more good things about him!
    Posted by June08bride[/QUOTE]

I also take my children to Woburn pediatrics . We usually see Dr Burba . I have always had a great experience with both scheduled physicals and sick visits being very efficient but speedy !!! Very different from the practice we left in Melrose !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TalBev12. Show TalBev12's posts

I live in Beverly, and DD is also a patient of Dr. Sleeper's, he is a wonderful doctor and really makes DD feel comfortable...She has met with other doctors if she is sick and he was out, and from the experience we have had...the whole office is great!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peninakai. Show Peninakai's posts

I live in Peabody too and have a 3 year old and 21 month old.  We go to Pediatric Health Associates.  We chose a primary physician there and schedule all our well visits with him and sometimes sick visits when we can even if he is at another office.  (we have gone to Melrose and Salem too) They are great with weekend and evening hours but the best was helping us when we were across the country.  Yes, we needed to connect with the office when my daughter was sick and we were visiting my parents in AZ and ended up in the ER.  The nurse in Peabody spent the time on the phone with us and the medical professionals as we needed and we could not have been more grateful!

Interview more than one office/practice and meet a few of the professionals.  That is what we did.  We decided on this office because of the hours, location and most importantly the nurses, doctors and technicians.  Of course, there has been a few bumps here and there...but they were handled appropriately when addressed too.  Good luck and congrats!!  (by the way....they are building a Boston Children's on the North Shore next to the office there too!!!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsparadise. Show itsparadise's posts

Hello OP-
    We are also on the North Shore and about a year ago moved from Garden City Pediatrics to Peabody Health Care Associates. I grew increasingly frustrated dealing with GCP on several levels. Needless to say, we LOVE PHCA. Our Doc is Dr. Scaramozza but we've seen many other docs at the practice and are very happy there. Good Luck.