Pregnancy-April Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Re: Pregnancy-April Updates

Congrats Boston!  So sorry that it was a scary experience but at least DS is now home and healthy!!!  I can't imagine hearing the call for the NICU recessitation team.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Congrats, Boston.  So glad for the happy ending (beginning??)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats, Boston!  I was sweating reading about your scares, but am so glad everyone is doing well!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Wow Boston, that's quite a birth story! I'm so glad that everyone is healthy and that you made it through a tough time.  I may have to log off now and stop reading birth stories (and watching any tv shows on the topic)!  My friend just had a 34 hr labor resulting in a c-section... 
      I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a non-eventful labor! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Boston!  So glad everything worked out and that you are all doing well!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations Boston, I am glad everything eventually came out ok!  

Had my 30 week appt today, can't believe it has been 30 weeks already!  Everything is good and on track. If I could just find some relief from the hip pain while trying to sleep everythind would be great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Wed - I have the hip pain, too and the only thing that works for me is propping myself WAY up on pillows at the beginning of the night (10-11pm) and then sleeping until the first pee (usually 2:30-3:30), then lying on my sides after that...  that seems to help.  But you have to make sure you're sitting at somewhere between a 30-45 degree angle so you're not too flat on your back.  That also seems to help my pubic bone pain as well (I relate the hip pain and pubic bone pain - I think sleeping on my hip has sort of thrown my whole pelvil off kilter which is resulting in this awful pubic bone pain).  I keep thinking at this point, it's not going to get any better...!  (So pessimistic!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Boston! 9 hours is pretty impressive, but the epi is magic isn't it!! :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Boston, congrats on your baby boy!  I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, and it must have been VERY scary there for awhile, but I'm so happy to hear that everyone is doing well now!

Wed and Sprout, I had horrible hip pain towards the end of my pregnancy, and as strange as it sounds, the only thing that relieved it was going to the gym and hitting the elliptical for 20 or 30 minutes.  On the days I did it I slept great, on the days I didn't I was in horrible pain.  Although at that point just getting the motivation to do it was incredibly difficult...  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Thanks, Pugs!  I do always feel better after the elliptical, but I haven't yet tried it since the pubic bone pain has started...I'm going to try tonight and see what happens. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations SLP!  Sorry to hear about all the complications, but so glad your DS is here :o)

Sprout, Wed, Prill, etc. - I can not believe how far along you are!!  Good luck with the home stretch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Oh yes, Prill, too!  When are you due again? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks for all the ideas for hip pain.  I got a snoogle pillow over the weekend, and that has seemed to help. It's a pain because it is so big to flip over when I want to switch sides, though I am much more comfortable and don't want to switch sides every hour like I was doing.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Wed!  How did you not have a pillow like that until now?!  Hope it helps.  I have one similar and it definitely helps.  You're right - it's not as easy to flip over and switch positions, but I realize I do find a comfy one as soon as I flip over, so I don't stay awake too long. 

I've also noticed I've started sleeping more on my back all of a sudden.  I was really good from about 20 weeks to 30 weeks, but now suddenly I keep waking up on my back again.  Not really sure how that's happening.  Luckily in my childbirth class, the instructor said that there have been numerous studies that have shown that women will wake up - for one reason or another - and switch positions before anything dangerous can happen with the compression of the vein.  So, phew :)  I think the most important thing at this stage is to get/stay comfy and stock up on SLEEP! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks for the shout out - I have 11.5 weeks to go. Still a remarkabably unremarkable pregnancy - except my feet and ankles have been swollen and so so so sore the last few days. Yes, my name is Prill, and I have cankles!

I miss sleeping on my belly, but once I surround myself in pillows, I find that I am okay to go to sleep on my left side and will usually stay like that - unless I wake a while later with a dead arm and tingly left leg.

Baby is also certaonly getting in to a routine - I am noticing there are set times of day when it is very active and most other times it just hangs out quietly. I hope these quiet stretches continue after it's born!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Haha, that's what I keep thinking too!  I hope my newborn baby has as much of a routine as it does in utero! 

I've also been getting dead limbs lately - more than normal which is odd.  And I kind of have pre-pregnancy cankles/less-than-attractive lower legs, so now they are just plain ugly!!!  Normally I look forward to cropped pant season, but not this year... 

Ok so yeah, it sounds like after ajuly that there aren't many on deck until it's up to us four right around each other in June (Wed, Benice, you and me). 

ajuly - how are you feeling??? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I'm just currently hanging out at 17 weeks. We have our anatomy scan on Monday and I am counting down the days. DH won't discuss names with me until we know the sex. (We have an idea for a girl's name, but are miles apart on the whole nickname conundrum, because it's a family name. Boys names--we have no clue. We did our dash with DS on that one!)

I feel for all of you dealing with the aches, pains, and swelling. At least the weather's still pretty cool and spring is definitely on it's way. Now, if only the Sox could win a game or two...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Yay for April babies (my #1 is April :) ) and congrats to Silver and Boston!  I just got back from Europe yesterday and have just finished reading the updates.  What fantastic birth stories you have posted.  Silver, I almost cried for you when I read about your MIL.  I'm glad DH gave her a good talking to.  Also glad your LOs are doing well.

Glad to hear everyone else is hanging in there!

I'm going great!  23 weeks and getting big!!  Our travels were great.  It was my DDs first airplane trip, and she was the best!  Unfortunately, I was the one who got carsick during our driving time :(  I have to think it was pregnancy related because I haven't been carsick since I was a kid.  It was so great to see all our friends and family in the UK.  And everyone is so excited for LO #2.  Made me even more excited!  I have a feeling that the next few months are going to fly right by!  I'm also looking forward to DDs first birthday in a few weeks.  Where does the time go?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

In Response to Re: Pregnancy-April Updates:
    [QUOTE]Wed!  How did you not have a pillow like that until now?!  Hope it helps.  I have one similar and it definitely helps.  You're right - it's not as easy to flip over and switch positions, but I realize I do find a comfy one as soon as I flip over, so I don't stay awake too long.  I've also noticed I've started sleeping more on my back all of a sudden.  I was really good from about 20 weeks to 30 weeks, but now suddenly I keep waking up on my back again.  Not really sure how that's happening.  Luckily in my childbirth class, the instructor said that there have been numerous studies that have shown that women will wake up - for one reason or another - and switch positions before anything dangerous can happen with the compression of the vein.  So, phew :)  I think the most important thing at this stage is to get/stay comfy and stock up on SLEEP! 
    Posted by LilSprout[/QUOTE]

Sprout, I was using a regular body pillow, though the new pillow is so much better, I like the back support it gives at the same time.  Before I started using it this week I was finding myself waking  up on my back as well.  It is actually pretty comfortable for me, though I know it's not good.  It is strange, normally I never sleep on my back, I have always been a stomach or side sleeper.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I'm the last standing woman these days? I've felt better, I have a sinus infection which I just got meds for which I hope clears my nose up because I've been practicing breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth in yoga for the past 9 months and I'd love to be able to do that!!   Last night I had contractions for the first time, well at least they sure seemed like contractions.  My MW told me today that my cervix is just getting ready. She said she wouldn't be surprised if she saw me in the next few days but that it could also be a few weeks....so, so much for that clarity! I haven't had an internal yet, I'll wait till next week if I haven't delivered. I guess it's not typical protocol by MW, but she said she'd do it if I wanted her to. I thought I'd spare myself the pain.  
     So I'm still here, thanks for checking in on me sprout! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Good Luck to all the ladies coming up.   It is so exciting.

I use 3 regular body pillows, 2 in front with my leg wrapped over them and one behind.  I necessary dont use the one behind me to prevent me from rolling on my back, more just to be more snuggly.  Lucky for me I sleep this way even when I am not pregnant so it works out well.

AFM, Approaching 26 weeks, I had a doctors appt yesterday and had the glucose test.  I got an email this morning that I passed so im all set with that.  I actually was suprised to get a talk from the doctor yesterday about signs of labor.  She said since it is my second I will get more contractions early on and just to just watch them.  I dont think she gave me this talk with DD until more like 36 weeks.   I gained a little more weight that I would have liked but still am staying on a pretty good track.  I actually feel really good the past couple of weeks.  I hope I stay this way for a while.  The baby is moving around like crazy the past few days and I can feel body parts when I push on my belly.  Not sure what they are but I think I can feel an arm or leg.  The movements from the outside of my belly are crazy, DH still does not like to feel or look at my belly when he is moving, it freaks him out.   

I was thinking the other day that it is so funny how much being pregnant for the second time is a totally differeant experience.  I dont really have time to worry about anything, dont feel rushed to make sure I have everything.   My sister has the swing, tub, bumbo, etc and I dont even care if I dont pick those up till I am home with DS.  Weird how prepared you can be with the first and so unprepared with the second. The thing is, I know even if I dont have everything it will be fine.  I have picked up a few things here and there but thats it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Good to see all the updates.  My little guy is here!  He arrived very punctually, on his due date last friday, just before 2 am.  My water broke at 2 am on Thursday morning, but it wasn't a full on gush like I had with DD so I was a little unsure if that's what it was.  But then at 8 am, while dropping DD off at daycare, I had a bigger gush and knew for sure.  DH and I were happy as it appeared the timing was going to work out well for us to have him by early evening, but no such luck.  the little man had other plans.  My contractions never really got going, so we ended up in the hospital at 5 pm waiting to start low dose pitocin to get things moving.  they started that at 8 pm and it was QUICK and very intense after that.  Much more intense than my labor with DD. He weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz and is absolutely perfect.  He's an easygoing baby, which is just what you need the second time around.  He nurses like a champ and is already back up to his birthweight.  my milk seems to have come in stronger and faster this time than last.  DD is totally enthralled by him and just loves to help with diaper changes and holds his hand at night to fall asleep.  She has done much better adjusting so far than any of us expected.  despite the intensity of the labor, I feel great.  way better than after DD and also 1000x better than at the end of my pregnancy.  all in all, itms been going great so far.  we feel very blessed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Congrats, am! Sounds like everything is going as well as it possibly could. Enjoy your new little man!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Great story am, congrats! So cute that DD is a great big sister and likes to help out. I'm sure you have great pictures of the two.  Sounds like everything is easier the second time around! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, am!!