Pregnancy-April Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

Re: Pregnancy-April Updates

That was a great story am and encouraging to hear about the smooth transition for DD so far.

I have 6 weeks to go. I'm much bigger than I was with DS and I'm having trouble keeping up with him at this point. Things like getting up off the floor to catch him before he climbs to the highest point in the room or dashes around a corner where I can't see him. Thank goodness he takes a 3 hour nap and I can rest.

I'm anxious about going into labor because I was induced last time and don't know what it will be like. Also, DS was a relatively short labor and extremely quick delivery (3 pushes, my Doc had her back to me) I'm worried DS2 will be born in the car or something!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Congrats AM!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats AM!  So happy for you.
    So cute about DD too!  How old is she?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations am!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Congrats AM!!! Just getting back to work today. The cruise was great,k but tiring. It was nice to have a couple days off to veg at home. Can't believe I am 18 1/2 weeks already. We don't have an U/S until 5/11. Still haven't made the decision on finding out. I don't want to know, but DH does. Good luck to the ladies who are up next!!!! Hope to join in more when work settles down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I had my anatomy scan this morning and everything looks great with the bub--yay! We found out that DS is going to have a little brother. It's exciting because we already have all the boy gear and we know the ins and outs of little boys. Since this is definitely our last one, I'm just a wee bit sad to know that I'll never have a little girl. But, we have 3 beautiful nieces who will gladly give us our needed fill of all things girl. :)

The only "bad" news is that right now I have a placenta previa. I know the odds are that it will resolve itself, but it's still something to keep an eye on.

twin--glad you had a great cruise! Where did you go? Am I right in remembering you were going to Bermuda? If so, I want details. We're headed there this summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Congrats to all the new Mommy's out there! So exciting and exhausting to welcome the new little ones!

I suppose it's time to come out myself! Currently 17 weeks with number 2! So far so good with me, the exahustion this time around is truly amazing. But as my OB put it "with your first you go to work, come home and relax. With your second you go to work, then come home to chase a toddler-there's no relaxing!"

We go for our scan next week and I can't wait! As long as the peanut will cooperate we will find out the sex. Naming is too tough for us not to find out.

Kiwi-I've been spotting a lot this pregnancy so I'm not going to be surprised if I have placenta previa. I did last pregnancy and didn't spot this much. One "good" thing was I got lots of pics last time to see the progression and growth of the baby!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Kiwi, congrats on another little boy!!  He and your DS will be best buddies!  With DD, I had placenta previa at my anatomy scan, but it resolved itself.  I hope that's the case for you too!

And congrats to KAM on #2.  I know what you mean about the exhaustion.  I was so tired this time around, but I feel much better postpartum, so maybe thatms the tradeoff?

Twin, glad you had fun on your cruise.  good luck deciding whether to find out or not.  It's tough when one wants to know and the other does.

Things are still going well for us.  DD, who just turned 3 is still excited about her baby brother and all she's going to teach him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Congrats Kiwi on your little boy!  I do agree with the others that they will hopefully be best buddies.  And you have all the boy stuff alreay and know the ins and outs.  And hopefully your placenta previa does resolve itself.  I thought I might have had it because I had some spotting at 17 weeks, so I did some reading and I think like 75% of cases resolve themselves.

KAM - Congrats on #2!!!  So exciting!  Can wait to hear what you're having next week!!

AFM, prenatal visit tomorrow.  Just the usual, but I think I will be booking my c-sec date and time!  :-O  This pregnancy is flying by and I'm starting to get nervous about having a newborn again!!!  Can I possibly have another chillaxed baby like DD is?  Please God!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Kiwi - Congrats on another little boy!!! I hope the PP resolves itself!! I've hear alot of the time it does. We did go to Bermuda. I think I would have liked the island better if we stayed there the 5 days. You really don't get much time to tour when you do the cruise. Plus, we docked in King's Wharf, which is about an hour and a half bus ride to where they used to dock where everything is. I liked what I was able to see, but would probably not cruise there again. Are you staying on the island?

KAM - Congrats on #2!!! Hopefully you don't have PP!!!

AM - I hope DH just lets me have this one thing. I could see if I've gone back and forth about wanting to know or not, but he's known since early dating days that I wouldn't want to know. Plus, I'm planning a natural birth and think it would be a great motivator!!!

Trouble - Here's to an uneventful visit!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

KAM--Congrats on #2!! So exciting. And yes, the exhaustion this time is so much worse. I hope the am is right that the pg may be harder, but the post-partum days will be easier!

Trouble--fingers crossed for a relaxed baby. I feel like we really lucked out with DS and I'd love another one just like him.

Twin--we are staying on the island, in Warwick. I know we're close to the beach and a playground (which DS will love, hopefully). We considered the cruise, but then decided just to fly and stay. Also, I hope DH lets you have your way re: finding out. I think the mummy's vote should count just a bit more considering all that you need to go through with the pg and delivery!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

twin, I don't know if this is an option for you, but could you not find outt and have DH find out?  It wouldn't have worked for us because I would have harrassed DH to tell me (even though I didn't want to know --yes I know it makes no sense) and then if he caved, I'd have been mad.  Obviously, that would not have been fair.   But if you are less obnoxious than me, maybe you could go that route?  Just have the tech write it on a piece of paper and give it to DH.  Otherwise, I think DH should let you have this one.  I loved finding out at birth with DD.  It was agreat moment when DH announced that she was a girl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Congrats AM!

Congrats Kiwigal on another boy.

Kam  - congrats on #2.

Time for me to start posting here. After 2 recent chemicals I am PG again. I'll be 8 weeks this week and it's starting to sink in. This will be #2 - DS just turned 18 months so he and his sibling will be a little over 2 years apart. Bad news is that I have been continually nauseous for the past 2 weeks. I know it's a good sign but it's still difficult. I'm having a hard time with any food or water but do feel slightly better if I can choke something down.

Good luck to everyone on deck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Desi17. Show Desi17's posts

Congrats Kiwi on baby boy #2! I also had PP with my first and it corrected itself...just stay positive.
    Congrats Kam and Jacon on your pregnancy! 

I am 28 weeks today and having my glucose screening tomorrow, yuck! So not looking forward to fasting and drinking that nasty stuff. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Lots of congrats to go around this board!   Love hearing all the good news!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jacon, congratulations!  I'm glad to know it's still going well.  My morning sickness only lasted 3 weeks or so (of course I freaked out when it disappeared, because I had been taking it as a good sign despite my misery) so maybe you'll also be lucky? 

Congratulations also to all the new moms--I'm a little behind!

I'm now a little more than 12 weeks.  I have my second prenatal appointment Friday, so if they can hear a heartbeat with the doppler then we'll start telling our families after that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Just a quick check in- at the hospital! William was born yesterday at 4pm, we're in love (and exhausted, get used to it right?!)  I'll up date you on his quick birth story once we get home! He was 7lbs 11 oz. (and we got married on 7/11!) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Yay for all the good news!!

Congrats, Jacon. I hope you start to feel better soon. I had awful m/s this time around and it can be so miserable.

Welcome, baby William! ajuly, enjoy getting to know your precious little guy!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Ajuly & AM!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Great news all ovee the place here.  Congrats ,Jacon on your prregnancy.  I hope your morning sickness doesn't get too bad and that it passes soon.

And congrats to you, ajuly on the birth of little William!  Enjoy every fleeting moment of this newborn period.  Can't wait to hear your birth story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Holy cow, so much great news!!  Congrats all around!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats everyone!! 

I posted here once when I started feeling horrible from nausea, etc. but I'm ready to officially graduate to the pg boards.  I just came back from my 12 week checkup (though I'm a day or 2 shy of hitting 12 weeks) where I heard the baby's heartbeat!  It was the most reassuring sound I could have heard, so I am feeling much better and more confident that my pg is going along as it should. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

itsallnew, that's great!  That's what we hope for on Friday. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Congrats Everyone!  Such great new all around!  Very Exciting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Congrats to all the new additions.

I'm amazed this time how much I can feel the baby move already. Every day all day long this peanut just kicks and wiggles around. DH has even felt the baby move! I'm afraid for what this kid will be like when it gets bigger!

For those of you on your second or third pregnancy-are you using the same old school crib (drop side) that you used with your first child? Ours is still in good shape, except for a few teeth marks, but I really don't want to spend the $$ on a new one when I feel this one is fine...but then I start to feel like a bad mommy...

Sections
Shortcuts