Pregnancy test question!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

Pregnancy test question!

Hey everybody! Been a lurker here for a while, previously on the wedding boards as well (quite entertaining BTW) but more recently I've taken on the full time job of TTC (for real), so I have a question! Took a pregnancy test this morning (store brand "EPT") and found that instead of seeing one solid blue (control line) next to a completely white blank circle (which means negative results - hope this is not confusing) I saw a very very light blue line. DH thinks I'll drive myself crazy trying to figure out if this is just normally how a negative result shows up, or if this could be a positive result (with low hormone level?) We've been trying for almost a year now and I was prompted to take the test because I've been experiencing other "typical" signs of pregnancy for the past 10 days or so...thanks ladies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Re: Pregnancy test question!

Hello there!

Have you tried taking a second test? I know my first one, I thought the line was too faint (I didn't think I knew how to pee on a stick, lol), so the next day I took a second one and it was pretty clear I was pregnant.

If you get the same funky result, maybe you should just schedule an appt with your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck, and best wishes!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

[QUOTE]Hello there! Have you tried taking a second test? I know my first one, I thought the line was too faint (I didn't think I knew how to pee on a stick, lol), so the next day I took a second one and it was pretty clear I was pregnant. If you get the same funky result, maybe you should just schedule an appt with your doctor for a blood test. Good luck, and best wishes!!!
    Posted by Txgrl82[/QUOTE]
    Thanks so much! Guess I'll live in limbo for the next couple days or so...Oh geeze :)...I read the directions which recommend waiting three days...I hope that I can stand to wait! Glad to know that I wasn't seeing things or imagining a line that wasn't there! lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

You can buy the pregnancy test that will tell you pregnant or not pregnant.  It takes the guessing game out of the equation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonskigirl. Show bostonskigirl's posts

Just take another one tomorrow... when I took my first test and there was a faint line, I just another the next day and it was a little more pronounced.  I also bought a different kind (just because I'm anal) that was digital and it clearly said "pregnant."  If you really want to know for absolute sure, you can always get a blood test at the doctor's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

This happened to me -- I thought I wasn't pregnant because the second line was so faint but I totally was ... as others have said, wait a few days (or even just a day) and you'll know better. EPT can be taken as early as four days before you expect your period, if I remember correctly -- any earlier and you are not making enough pregnancy hormone to show up on the test even if you are pg. I know it's exciting and nerve wracking -- I hope it turns out as you hope!

Sections
Shortcuts