Second Pregnancy - How Soon Did You Show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

Second Pregnancy - How Soon Did You Show

Ok so for the second time I have taken a pregnancy test at work (I couldn't wait) and it just came back positive.  I am kind of in shock as we weren't not TTC but am happy all the same.  For my first pregnancy I didn't show until 3/4 months in.  I feel like even though I am only 4 weeks in I am already showing.  My question to you ladies expecting or having delivered your 2nd.....did you start showing very soon? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Re: Second Pregnancy - How Soon Did You Show

I would bet you are probably just bloated.  I kind of got a belly at the beginning of the second trimester but it was not obvious this time till around 19-20 weeks.  I am 24 weeks now and I compared to a picture of me when I was pregnant with DD and with her it looks the same about 28 weeks or so so it seems I started showing maybe 4 weeks earlier.   There was not a huge differenance but it was def earlier.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrsbini. Show mrsbini's posts

I've heard a lot of women show earlier with their 2nd because of the stretching of the skin and abdominal muscles previously (the bloating tends to take on a more pregnant belly shape).  But at 4 weeks it wouldn't be the baby causing the belly ;-) I'm 7 weeks and I definitely have a lot of bloat and gas going on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I'm 15 weeks with #2 and and I've had a noticeable bump for the past couple of weeks. With DS, I didn't show until closer to 17-18 weeks. (I'm a HS/middle school teacher and don't want to say anything to the kids for a few weeks, but it's getting very hard to hide at this point. All the adults keep pointing out my bump.) I agree with the others that at 4 weeks it's very likely bloat. Your uterus isn't up over your pelvis before about 12 weeks. Congratulations on the new pregnancy!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

I only started showing slightly earlier this time around than last time (and both times it was pretty late -- 28 weeks with DD and 25-26 weeks this time).  At 4 weeks, it's definitely not baby, but rather bloat.  I will say that I was MUCH more bloated this time around for some strange reason.

Congratulations on expecting #2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

AM thanks.  Yes I can't believe how much bloat/gas I have with this one.  It is crazy.  Must be the bloating then. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan66. Show susan66's posts

Basically right away but could hide it til about 10 weeks, told people about 12 weeks. Felt big the whole time but measured average. The belly was slower to go away too. Sorry!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

I started showing with #2 around 11 weeks. I've felt bigger the whole time and #2 is measuring three weeks bigger than number of weeks. I am carrying differently this time. My belly really sticks straight out, and last time it was a wider bump.