September 2011 Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEB2008. Show NEB2008's posts

Re: September 2011 Pregnancy

Good luck Krysta and KAM!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Has anyone else been reading the controversy over in the infant/toddler area on breastfeeding?  It's really getting me fired up, and I am not even a mom yet, though I plan to breastfeed. 

No word from Krysta or Kam for a couple of days - wondering if they delivered?

As for me, we chose a day care and put a deposit down this weekend.  It seems crazy to have to lock up a day care 6-7 months in advance, but in some cases, that is the reality.  We are really pleased with the home day care we chose.  It is less than a mile from our house; she has great hours, really competitive rates, and doesn't charge if you are late!  She is very accommodating in terms of using cloth diapers and breastmilk, and was very open to our input or suggestions on things.  She's been doing this for over 30 years, and we are very comfortable putting our baby in her care. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

jennifyr - I'm jealous that you've found what sounds like a great daycare. We're looking at several more this week, but haven't had great luck yet. We got stood up for our appointment at one home daycare. Not impressed.

On the up side, I think I found our pediatrician today. This Dr. has been practicing for 25 years. She seems very warm and we're on the same page about vaccines, breast feeding, etc. At least that's one thing off the  to do list!

Good luck to all the ladies on deck this month!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Hope everyone is doing well!  We haven't heard from Krysta or KAM in a few days.

AFM... Hit 24 weeks today :o)  Starting to actually look pg!  And I can feel our little girl bopping around all day now.  The kicks are still cute and don't hurt yet, so I'm enjoying it for now.  We got our carseat, crib, and the matress should be delivered Friday, so that is making me feel like we've made real progress on the nursery.  My sister is coming over this weekend to help me make curtains, and then I'll pretty much have to sit tight until the baby shower when all the other things will start flowing into the house. 

I have daycares narrowed down to 2 ... and now it is agonizing choosing between them.  They are both home-based, are convenient, both have super good hours, and I really clicked with both of the ladies.  One works by herself and so has 6 kids and the other has a full time asst and therefore takes 10.  That is balanced by the fact that the first reserves 3weeks vacation each year where as the second only takes 1 since between the owner, full time asst, and a part time asst they can always cover each other's vacations and sick days.  It is a tough decision to say the least!  I know I'd be happy with either one, but for some reason this is a really hard decision.

Looking forward to our 3D ultrasound next week! 

Hope everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer :o)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Well, my due date has come and gone. Just back from the OB and all is looking good. We've tried the "oh so fun" stripping of the membranes in hopes that that might jump start things. (I'm about 3 cms at this point.) If LO continues to be stubborn, we have an induction set for Tuesday. That would make #2's birthday the day before his older brother's. Mamma mia--we're in for some crazy September party planning as they get older!

Hoping that the silence from KAM and Krysta means that they're busy with their newborns!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Kiwi- that's exciting!  It sounds like you're bub will be in your hands in a few days, either way.  good luck!!

AFM, 34 wks today!  According to the dr. kid is head down, but I was surprised to hear that because I thought all the sharp movements I was feeling at the top of my belly were the head because I felt like it was something hard.  I guess it's the baby's legs?  We're definitely trying to scratch things off our list but also enjoy our time together pre-baby.  :o)

Hoping to hear good news from Krysta and KAM soon!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

itsallnew.. are you feeling the baby's butt at the top of your belly?  I would assume that the head and butt would probably feel very similar from the outside.  At 24 weeks, I can differentiate kicks from punches, and can generally tell when her head or butt has moved significantly.  But all this happens in different locations throughout the day since she is still pretty free to move and tumble. The other day I went to lie down on my side at night and had the weirdest sensation of her whole spine coming to rest on the side of my belly, like she was being affected by the gravity change of me going from standing to lying on my side and her whole body went to the lowest point.  Though I am definitely enjoying all these sensations :o)  ... she isnt big or strong enough yet for anything to hurt, so it is just fun getting to know her wake/sleep pattern.  I am sure that once I'm being kicked in the ribs my attitude might change slightly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Boston, that's cool that you can feel all those little differences in movement already. At 22 weeks I just know our little guy is moving around a lot, but I don't really know a kick from a punch etc.

AFM, we finally found a daycare yesterday! It's a home daycare 15 minutes from our house and our our way to work. We're so relieved to be done looking - when we ran into waiting lists we started feraking out!

For those of you still working on names, are you and DH agreeing? Compromising? DH and I are having trouble finding something that we both really like, so we're wondering if one of us will just have to compromise in the end. That seems kind of sad to me for such a big decision...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

boston- baby's bum would be soft to touch and it's possible that baby is still turning around.  I'm dying for another u/s so I can see what this kiddo is up to!  Either way, the dr said that from the 36 wk appt onward they can get a better feel of how the baby is positioned.  Only 2 more weeks for that!  It's pretty cool that you've been able to identify kicks versus punches- I definitely have only been able to identify movement until recently.

Pitt- we still don't have names, and it's not easy since we don't know the baby's gender.  I think that if we both kind of like a name, it will go on our list but often we revisit it and take it off.  So far our top runners are names that we both are happy with.  Since no solid yays/nays have been recorded I'll have to let you know whether we settle into some sort of compromise or if we are on the same page.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Kiwi -- Good luck!

Pitt -- How did you find your daycare? Did you use the state site that was posted on here (maybe by you) a couple months ago? I need to get on that...hard to believe I'm not even halfway through my pregnancy and this kiddo's going to be in daycare by June!

DH and I have started the name discussions. We won't start in earnest until we find out the sex, mostly because SOMEONE (ahem-me-ahem) is acting like a two-year-old when it comes to girls' names. Seriously, I shoot down almost all of DH's and I can't offer any suggestions of my own. If we find out it's a boy, we've got a good list going, but if it's a girl, momma has to do some serious research.

That said, anything one of us likes and the other doesn't strongly object to goes on the list. I have no idea if this will end in compromise, and I agree it seems a little sad to have to come to that. Here's hoping we all find those perfect names!

AFM - Got an unexpected relief this afternoon. I had honestly not been thinking about my first trimester screen but I got a call from the doc just now saying everything came back negative, and I cried with relief! DH had the same reaction. I guess we've both done a good job putting all the daunting possibilities out of our heads, but I guess they were never quite gone!

LO must know I'm writing about him/her right now, b/c I'm getting those fun little flutters. Reading bostongrl's posts about kicks I am so excited to start feeling these as real kicks in a couple weeks/months!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I was hoping to come back to some news from Krysta and KAM!

As for me, the stripping of the membranes worked on Thursday! I took a nap in the afternoon and when I woke up, contractions had started, about 10-12 minutes apart. We got DS fed, bathed, and in bed, then sat down for our dinner. By about 9pm, they were coming every 4-5 minutes and were getting stronger. So, I called the doc and headed for the hospital. By the time I got to triage at 11:00, I was 4 cm and constractions were coming every 2-3 minutes. Got the epidural around 12:15--they fast-tracked me, thank goodness! Water broke at 12:45am. By 1:30am I was 10cm and ready to push. The spinal part of the epi had just worn off! Five contractions and 9 minutes of pushing later, our little prince William made his debut!! He's such a sweet baby with a head of crazy, spikey black hair. (DS #1 was a total cue ball.) We're just so happy getting to know him and feel so much more relaxed the second time around.

I wish the ladies on deck the best of luck!! I'll be checking in for updates and birth stories! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Kiwi!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Hi ladies--I haven't caught up on these posts but hope you are all doing well and congrats to kiwi!

I had a miscarriage last week--in the 12th week.  Frustrating.  So I'm out of here for now.  Don't expect to be checking this further, at least until I have some better news.  

Best wishes to all y'all!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Arcain, yes, we found a daycare using the state site of licensed providers. We did run into several that had wrong info posted, so make sure to verify hours and rates etc when you call.

Congrats Kiwi! So glad everything worked out well for you.

Siena, so sorry for your loss. We'll hope to see you back here soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats Kiwi!!

Siena, so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are with you

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Baby KAM has arrived! :) I had a scheduled c-section for the 19th and she patiently waited for a nice calm delivery! :) Such a change of pace to do a scheduled c-section as opposed to emergency as I had with my son. Recovery this time is so much easiler. I'm really surprised.

I delivered at Emerson this time and has such a wonderful experience. Every nurse I had was amazing, the lactation consultant was so warm and understanding-no nazi mentality of other LC's I've worked with.

my dear princess is a sweet snuggly baby who is a champion eater! DS is amazing with her, comes running to her side every morning to wake her up. tons of soft kisses, insisting that she plays with his toys, wanting to help with diaper changes and feedings.

Good luck to everone else!

Kiwi- glad to hear your LO arrived with out induction.

Wondering how Krystabel is doing...

Twin how are you doing?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Siena - I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, and hope to see you back here soon.

Kiwi and KAM - Congrats! Glad you both had smooth deliveries and are enjoying your LOs now!

Pitt - Thanks. I need to get on the daycare thing, so I think I'll start perusing that site again.

Time for a weird new pregnancy symptom! I've had some soreness in my right rib, a couple inches below the breast, and lately when I stretch or reach for something I feel a weird kind of pop there, in a very isolated spot, like something dislocated, but then nothing more. It doesn't really hurt, more just kind of icky and vaguely uncomfortable. Anyone else experience this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

siena--I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. ANY loss is terrible, but I can imagine it's especially hard at 12 weeks. Best wishes in getting a take-home baby very soon.

KAM--congrats on a smooth delivery and easy recovery! Enjoy this time with your new little lady. My DS is younger than yours, but he keeps going up to the baby and saying "Hi, baby!" Yesterday he pulled his truck over to where the new baby was napping in his car seat, sat on it, and just stared at him. Ahhh--melted my heart!

Arcain, I had the same rib pain throughout this entire pg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats kam and kiwi

Siena - so sorry for your loss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats KAM!!  Hoping to hear something from Krystabel soon too!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEB2008. Show NEB2008's posts

Congrats KAM and Kiwi!!!

Krysta - Hope things are going well with you!!!!

We are doing great. Finally getting some sleep at night which has been good for all of us. I am so in love with my sweet baby girl!!!

Hope to be on more in the next couple of weeks. I don't have a computer at home right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Congrats KAM and Kiwi!

Siena - I am so sorry for your loss.  I miscarried between 6 and 7 weeks.  I can't imagine how hard it must be at 12 weeks.  I know you might not be checking this, but hopefully you can feel our support. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Congrats to the new mamas!
    Siena - a lot of us on here have experienced m/c and know that we feel your pain.  Hopefully recovery (physical and mental) goes as smoothly as possible and you'll get another chance soon.

Jenn... you just hit your 3d tri, right?  I know you are a few weeks ahead of me.  At 25 weeks now, I'm starting to feel big so it scares me how much bigger I'm going to get.  Things like putting on my shoes is becoming a royal pain. 

We had our 3D ultrasound this week.... it was soooo cool!  She was holding her umbilical cord and has probably been practicing sucking on it based on its proximity to her mouth.  She wasn't too active during the u/s so we didn't get any super cool pictures of her sucking her thumb or anything like that... but still a sneak preview of her was so awesome to see :o) She already has hair and her cheeks are starting to fill in.  The tech said a lot of babies are still kind of "sunken in" at 25 weeks, so the fact that she already has baby fat is a good indicator that we're looking at 7-8lbs rather than a 6lb peanut.  Though no guarantees obviously. 

Hope everyone is doing well!  See you in the October boards. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Siena - so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine the emotional and physical strain you are under right now, and wishing you all the best.

Congrats KAM and Kiwi.  :) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Congrats Kiwi and Kam!  hope to hear great news from Krysta soon too.

Boston, are 3D ultrasounds common?  I haven't heard about them. I'm 24 weeks and my next u/s is in a few weeks but I think it's just a regular one.  I'm with you on the feeling bigger thing- I look at my belly and wonder just how big I might get in another 16 weeks...

Sections
Shortcuts