September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

September Updates

HOORAY!  Welcome to September!  When I went to the Pregnancy forums I saw that the "Start New Discussion" button popped up for a second, but then went away.  This time I was able to click it before it disappeared!

I'm glad to see everyone is doing well!  No big news for me, other than I had my monthly appointment yesterday.  Got to hear the heartbeat again, which is SO awesome every time.  My NP said she could hear the baby moving around like crazy in there, so I have a feeling I'll be in for it when I start feeling it move.  It didn't stay still during my last ultrasound, either!  Just like his/her Dad...can't relax at all!  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: September Updates

YIPPEE! Who would have thought we'd be so excited for September!

Congrats on your little dancer, pugs! That's going to be so exciting when you feel him/her move. :-)

How are you feeling by the way, still in the clear? I was thinking about you this morning (sorry if this is weird), b/c I sort of got sick and I was wondering if its going to start hitting me harder in the upcoming weeks like yours did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Finally.  Thanks for jumping on that brief button opportunity, Pugs!

I have to say, to me there was/is nothing better than feeling that little baby moving around!  LOVE it.  at 35 weeks it gets a little more uncomfortable because it feels like the little guy/girl is trying to do a full body stretch and, um, there really isn't enough room in there for that!  But it's still so great to feel.  I'm excited for you all who are in your first trimester to get to the point where you start feeling movement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Thanks Silver!  I almost wonder if I've felt the baby move already.  I get these little weird feelings in my lower abdomen, but I'm not sure if it's the baby or just everything stretching out.  Either way, I'm sure I'll be able to distinguish it soon enough.

Thank you for thinking of me!  :)  I'm still feeling great, actually.  No nausea at all, just the occasional heartburn, which I can totally handle.  My energy level is back up, and I'm finally back to the gym like I used to be.  Everyone has a different experience with the m/s, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that yours was a one time thing!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Pugs you may be feeling it.. you are right around me or just a little later and I started feeling it in the last week.. like a fluttering sort of.  I thought it was gas or digesting or something but when formerly or now pregnant friends told me I may be feeling and what then I knew it was!  crazy!  I also popped more over the weekend...  I have a visible belly.  People at work that didn't know actually have the nerve to stop me and say "are you pregnant" so if they aren't asking someone else or beating around the bush in a nice way and just flat out saying it, i must be showing!  the worst is trying to find an outfit every day now.. i do it the night before! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Jan, I've popped within the last week or so as well.  I didn't have a bump for the longest time, then all the sudden it was there.  I can't believe people have point blank asked you if you're pregnant!  Nobody at my work suspects it yet, but I'm surprised.  I work in an office with some of the nosiest, gossipy people EVER, but they haven't caught on at all. 

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this:  I only have a small bump and I've only put on a few pounds so far, but my middle-back has gotten really achy.  I was small-chested before I got pregnant, but now I have enormous boobs that weigh a ton.  Could that be the cause of it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

haha - I can't believe no one has caught on yet.. I'm just over 18 weeks and it's noticable.. i'm also up 13 lbs.. YIKES!!!  :-(  My doctor says that is normal and expected but i've never weighed this much ever.... OH BOY.  the maternity clothes are starting to fit.. although i got a bunch of mediums in tops that I think i could wear a small right now but soon enough it will fit tighter so i'm sticking it out. and YES, my boobs are huge (though they were big before) and I finally need to go buy some new bras.  My lower back has been killing me too.. whenever i bend over for anything, especially shaving my legs!!

One flat out asked me exactly as i phrased it and another stopped me in the hallway on the way to the bathroom for the 18th time and said "so.. do you have something to tell everyone now?"  and another heard that and said "we've suspected for a bit but didn't want to say anything but now it looks like we're safe". 

Oh boy.. or should I say.. Oh girl (since we don't know just yet). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I am loving my boobs. They are still small, but I am filling out my B_cup for the first time ever. So that's what that looks like...I wonder if I've been kidding myself about the B all this time!

I am definitely getting a flu shot, as soon as I get the email about it at work. They usually do them here for free. I've never had the flu in my life, but now is definitely not the time to start...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Pugs - yes, middle/upper back pain is all boobs.  Sorry you're dealing with that!  It's not pleasant.  It can be hard to find stretches/exercise that specifically targets that area, because people tend to focus more on lower back, which is not where the pain is when your boobs are big.  I find rolling up a blanket or towel the long way, then putting it down and lying on it, on your back, on the ground (lengthwise, so your shoulders are sort of pushing/falling toward the ground, pushing your chest up) can help relieve some of that pain.

IPW - great news about your fluid levels!  and I hadn't even though about flu shot... I'm glad you brought it up.  I'll ask my OB next week.

ETA: Oops, IPW, jumped the gun a little by congratulating you - just read your post more closely and saw you have a visit this coming Saturday and hopefully then will be able to stop your weekly tests.  So should have said, "Good luck saturday!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Jan, I can't believe people are so rude/blunt! I think that it is commonly known etiquette - you always snoop behind someone's back and THEN congratulate them. :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, I was also a small B before I got pregnant.  I loved my boobs when I was as far along as you, too.  But they don't stop growing.  Now I have these huge jugs and NO idea what to do with them! 

Poppy, I figured that pain was all from the boobs, since it seems like that's where all my weight gain has been.  DH actually has one of those foam rollers at home for his back; I didn't even think of using it until you brought up the towel/blanket idea.  I will be trying that tonight!

Jan, I think the reason my co-workers don't suspect it is because I've recently gone to quite a few work events and drank soda water/cran in a cocktail glass, so they all think I'm still drinking.  Or maybe they know I'm pregnant and just think I'm going to be the worst mother ever...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Hey ladies..just a quick note about the flu shot, they need to be a special vaccine (if I remember correctly its mercury free) so make sure you either get the shot from your OB or ask them which one is safe to get.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

thanks for the tip, June! I didnt know that. I'll be sure to check before I get the one at the office.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I asked my doctor about the flu shot today.  She said any shot is fine, just not the spray.  It doesn't need to be thimerosal free. 

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/thimerosal.htm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wait - I thought we were trying to set a record for most posts ever in one thread??

So much to catch up on...

Pugs - What the heck - how come my boobs aren't getting huge?! LOL
    Actually DH says they are.  Maybe they don't seem that big to me yet because they used to be this size before I started working out regularly.  My bras pretty much fit, but I should get new ones soon.  Maybe I should wait and see what happens first!

Jan - Meant to ask if your doc is at that office in Burlington??
    I told people at work around 13 weeks (I think?), so I really like it when someone approaches to congratulate me, but obviously I would feel differently if I hadn't told them!

Thanks Poppy - I can not wait to start feeling it!

A couple of random things...

I'm sure it's due to the extra blood in my body, but has anyone else noticed veins sticking out?  I can always see the veins on my front/inner thigh pretty distinctly, but last week I reached down to itch and thought I had a bug bite or something.  Looked down and the vein was protruding out of my leg for a couple inches.  So gross!!

I've been getting sporadic lower back pains.  Isn't it a little early for that kind of thing??  I'm up 5-6 lbs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Brighton, every doctor is different, my doc said under no certain terms am I to get any other shot than the one that is thimerosal free.  Last year when I went to CVS for one, I was 7 or 8 months pregnant and the person giving the shot wouldnt give me the shot because I was pregnant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ugh, fram, the veins.  i noticed at 16 weeks i had some gross veins sticking out in one of my calves and since then i've been wearing compression stockings, which look disgusting!  :(  i also have noticeable veins in my hands - bigger than before - but the legs are the worst.  they haven't gotten worse since then, though - not sure if that's due to the stockings or if it would have been the case regardless.  does your mom have varicose veins?  apparently they are hereditary - mine's had hers removed/treated a couple of times.  something to look forward to.  ;)  but, i've read they can go back to normal after the birth - let's hope so!  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I'm not sure about the flu shot, I am leaning toward no. Last year with the H1N1 shot, they wanted pg women to get it first I remember. This year the H1N1 is part of the seasonal flu shot.   I actually get pretty sick from the flu shot, I get a fever and extreme exhaustion the day after I get it.  I am feeling pretty awful as it is, I don't think I want to deal with that too.  Also, knock on wood, the years I did not get the shot, I never got the flu, so I guess here's to hoping..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for the info Stefani!  I don't think my mother has varicose veins, but she and my sister both have spider veins (?).  Basically you can see a lot of their leg veins (especially my sister's) but they don't protrude... or maybe that IS varicose veins!  If I notice it happening more, I'll have to get some compression stockings!

I've also had this weird fluttering in my chest a few times.  Nothing seems to happen as a result but for a few seconds I feel really weird and am about to freak out - and then it passes.  The first time, I thought I'd get faint but didn't thank goodness.  I'm sure it's nothing, but I should really ask the doc!

I've never gotten a flu shot before, so I probably won't - unless my doctor insists on it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Hi all,

Haven't had time to check up on all the posts but am glad someone could get september going!!!

So I am sure you are all figuted it out but the little guy arrived on Sun. 9/5 only 5 days late so not bad.  I'll post about our experience when I have more time but it resulted in a c-section which wasn't bad and I'm feeling really great.  Got home and it has been an adjustment.  Our little guy is the greatest thing ever though and we are so glad that he is here!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and that those of you next line are holding up! As is everyone else...I know someo of you have first u/s coming up right?  How is everyone feeling??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

So happy to see the September updates!

I'm at 31 weeks now, which is hard to believe...the countdown is really on now, I guess.  We're signed up for prepared childbirth class and a newborn care class and finally dealt with the horror that is Babies R Us and registered.  First time I went in there, I had a panic attack and had to leave!

Now have moved in to appointments every other week, and got good news on the GTT (no GD!!!).  Baby's moving around a lot, and seems to especially like kicking me in the back and in the bladder...and of course loves to do most of his or her aerobics right around the time I try to go to sleep every night. 

Love seeing everyone moving along...it's so weird to think how much our lives have already changed, and about all the changes still to come when we meet these new little people!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congratulations LLE!  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.

Wow Luv - I can't believe you are already 31 weeks!  Your pregnancy is flying by for me. :)

I am just about at 35 weeks.  I have an u/s at 36 weeks to determine C section or not because of my placenta.  However, I swear she is flipping all the time so I will be curious as to see her position.  She is still all over the place!

GC - are you still waiting??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

CONGRATS LLLE!!  Great news that you are home and feeling so good.  Can't wait to hear how it all went.  

LIL - good luck next week at the u/s.  Its really wild how much they have changed in there... wait until you see!  So cool!

Luv - yay for no GD!

Poppy - thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow.  My fingers are certainly crossed :-)

Oh, wanted to mention I had the group B strep swab at my last appt - couldn't feel a thing.  The doc was so quick... so that test is totally no big deal!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats LLLE!  So happy to hear that you little guy is doing well and that you're feeling so great after the c-section!

Re: the flu shot -- I'm not getting it.  I've never had the flu shot before, and I've never had the flu.  My MIL is in the healthcare field, and last year she was up everyone's butt to get the H1N1 vaccine.  She did; we didn't.  She got H1N1; we didn't.  I am, however, prone to bronchitis in the winter.  As far as I know the Z-Pak is safe for pregnant women, but does anyone know for sure?

And FYI, I got an email from Old Navy this morning; up to 40% off maternity clothes.  I checked out the website and they have some really cute stuff on sale!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, LLLE!!

luv, I feel like your pregnancy is flying by,too! Well, I feel that way about all of you, really! It's just mine that seems to be taking forever... :-)

Question for you all - did anyone notice their symptoms tapering off towards the end of the first trimester? I'll be 10 weeks on Monday, and I've definitely noticed this. The nausea (except for yesterday) seems to be pretty much gone, and my breasts are only slightly sore compared to what they were. The only thing now is gas - this week I've been getting consistent gas pains in the afternoon that last well into the evening (when I can let loose, haha). I have heard it is because the placenta is taking over now, but I thought it would happen a little later since I'm still 3 weeks away from the 2nd tri.

We didn't get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler yesterday, which didn't surprise me, and I'm not worried nor is the doctor - just a bummer but we'll hear it in 2 weeks.

Sections
Shortcuts