September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Re: September Updates

Thanks June.  I'll stick with my doctor's rec.  As a scientist, I tend to side with the CDC. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Silver - 10 weeks was my magic number.  Felt great after that... and pretty much straight through.  Only now do I feel too big for my frame, and achy and ouchy quite often.  Oh, and my constipation is back.  Haven't seen that for many months.  

Pugs... I feel like I hear so many stories like yours... folks who get the shots get the flu, and folks that don't... don't.  I would only get it because it supposedly benefits (passes along to) your immune-deficient baby... not for my benefit as I've also never had the flu.  Still on the fence though....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Silver, as you know I had some serious nausea up until a couple weeks ago, but a lot of my symptoms did start to fade around 10 weeks.  My boobs didn't hurt as much, and the bloating went away almost completely.  But I'm sorry to inform you that the gas is most likely here to stay, LOL! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

HI Guys,

Happy Friday!  Fram - I'm actually at the Lexington office, not the Burlington office.  Lexington was only 1/2 mile from my house so very easy access!  I'm so jealous you are only up 6-7 lbs.. what the heck is wrong with me!!?

I need to venture out to get a body pillow this weekend.  I find myself waking up on my back with numb hands.. has this happened to anyone else?  It has happened to me 4 or 5 times now and the only common connection I can make is that I'm on my back again.  I roll to my side with the pillow between my knees and it goes away..  a friend at work told me to get a body pillow and put it behind me with the bottom between my legs.  She said it will keep me from rolling over completely onto my back.  I was such a backsleeper before. 

Oh and I've had the flu shot the last 3 years so I am sure I'll get it again, especially since this year I'm pregnant.  They give them out at work, so I'll do it then.. it's usually November I think.

Hope you all have a good day

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thanks! Glad to hear this is a common time, then.

I just checked out the Old Navy sale...maaaaaan i don't get paid until Wednesday. I hope there are still some good things left! I actually did get a pair of the skinny jeans from Old Navy a few weeks ago and was surprised that not only do they fit but they look great (so far, we'll see how long that lasts). I normally can't wear Old Navy or Gap pants at all - but their maternity jeans seem to be cut better than their regular jeans. So, I would jump on those $20 jeans!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats to LLLE!  So glad it all went smoothly and your recovery has been so easy.

LIL, good luck at next week's ultrasound.  I hope it goes well. I can't believe you are almost there, only a little over a month to go!

IPW, good luck tomorrow.  I hope the fluid is normal and you can stop the weekly tests.  That would certainly make the last few weeks easier for you.

RE the flu shot, I'm getting it.  I don't have much of an option due to working in healthcare.  They really push it around here.  I've gotten it the past five years and haven't gotten the flu, but I also didn't get the flu when I hadn't had the shot, so I guess I don't really know whether it did any good or not.  If I recall correctly, when I was pregnant with DD three years ago and went to get one here at work, they did give me a different kind, but I'm not 100% sure about that. 

Silver, in regards to your question about symptoms tapering off, it can be quite normal for them to fade around 9 or 10 weeks, when the placenta takes over the hormone production.  With DD, my morning sickness, which had been horrible, disappeared completely overnight at 9 weeks on the dot.  My boobs stopped hurting a little sooner than that.  This time, I was ridiculously sick from 5-8 weeks (throwing up several times a day) and then it got WAY better at 8 weeks. I still have moments of nausea and feeling crappy, but it definitely improved a ton at the 8 week mark.  Bummer that you didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but certainly, as you said, no cause for concern at this point.

As for me, I'm 10 weeks today, so my baby is officially a fetus.  That makes me very happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats LLLE!  So glad your DS has arrived and you and he are happy and healthy!  Would love to read your birth story when you have time to write it down...

Fram - unfortunately, I've also noticed varicose veins starting on my calves. :(  I'm hoping they go away or lessen after the baby is born, but if not I'll see how vain I'm feeling in a year or so and have them removed if they're really bothering me.

Luv - glad to hear your news about no GD!  I found once I hit 30 weeks, the time really felt like it started flying by.  Oh, and I had the EXACT same reaction with BRU and ended up doing all of my registering online... I think I've actually only walked in that store maybe 4 times in my life, and usually to buy a gift for someone else!   

LIL - i know it's not fun to think your placenta might be in an inconvenient place, but I guess the one bright side is you get to see your LO again!  I won't be getting any more ultrasounds and am getting antsy over the amount of time that has passed since I last got to see little him or her in there!

SF - sorry you didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but glad you realize that this does not mean anything bad!  Except more WAITING which can be hard, I know!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats on your fetus, am!! :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Luv and LIL - I remember you both from the wedding boards (right??) and I'm just so glad to hear that things are going well!

Silver - My nausea, exhaustion, and sore breasts went away at 10 weeks.  I still get queasy every couple days and my breasts feel a TINY bit tender, but it's nothing in comparison.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

LLLE- Congrats on the baby and feeling good after a cs.

Am- congrats on the fetus, didn't realize that @10wks it becomes one!

I'm holding out for 10 wks, I hope I start feeling better then. These past two days I've felt like crap. I had yesterday off from work, (thank goodness) I was on the couch all day. I'm a teacher and today I just wanted to tell the kids that Mrs.X needs to put her head down and close her eyes. There may be a day when I have to do that!  I'm eating lunch now, which makes it slightly better.  I'm sick of being sick! Ok that's all from the complaint dept. today.

ETA:  It would be really silly for me to buy maternity clothes on ON right now right?!  It's just such a good deal, hard to pass up.  I also don't know if my size would stay the same I'm usually a XS or S there...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ajuly - I used to be a teacher, and when I was going through my first trimester in Feb-March-April this year all I could think was, thank GOD I'm not still a teacher!  I can't imagine how you get through that with a classroom of kids!

Typically maternity clothes in the size that you took pre-pregnancy should fit... unless your boobs grow a lot!  ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Any other third-trimester ladies having the JUNK FOOD cravings I am having???  I have done so well for so many months, and now for the past couple of weeks I dream about Doritos and ice cream and donuts!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, I already filled my basket on the ON site! I'm just waiting for wednesday to seal the deal! So many good deals, easily returned - it is totally worth it. Go for it! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Good lord, there's no way I can keep up. 

Congrats, LLLE!  Can't wait to hear all about it. 

IPW -- yep, I'm through PHCA.  The LC's name is Marie, and they have started classes.  Mine was small (two people) so call the Peabody office and leave her a message -- she might even do a one-on-one.  It's basically the same info as the Isis class.  I liked it -- it helped hammer a few things home for me and I feel like the whirling info in my head has a home now.  Mostly, I was happy to have a chance to meet her (before it's hands-on b**b handling time) ask a few questions, and -- most importantly -- figure out how to get to the Peabody office, as my doc is in Vinnin Square. 

Re: Flu Shot -- I got both the seasonal and the H1N1 last year, and I'll get it again this year.  I dislike shots and played a bit fast and loose in the past in terms of vaccinations for myself, but that was more laziness on my part than any deep-seated vaccination convictions.  As Brighton says, I'm with the CDC on this one.  In fact, if I can chase down a seasonal flu shot pre delivery, I'd take it NOW.  Would love to innoculate Bean by proxy as s/he will be starting daycare in December -- gaaaah.  Weird to type. 

Re: Veins: Yes.  I look like an extra from Twilight.  I'm told it goes away. 

AFM, IPW is right -- I am 39 weeks and one day.  I also concur that the Group B Strep swap was no biggie, and I'm negative -- yay.  I'm still at work, still wearing heels (flats are for quitters!!!), and am noticing some crampiness and pressure, so I'm hopeful Bean will prove timely. 

One thing, and this is strictly anecdotal, but I was having CRUSHING exhaustion last week and I realized I'd missed my pre-natals two times that week (not in a row) and was eating kind of crappy -- very bland, non-heartburn inducing food with little to no nutritional value (but you are still delicious and I love you, rice pudding).  I have no blood work to back up my theory, but after a couple of days of focused healthy eating with an emphasis on iron-rich foods, hydrating and taking my pre-natals like clockwork, I feel oodles better.  Just a little late-pregnancy tip from me to you.  Iron is nothing to fool around with. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Re: maternity -- if you are going to pre-buy, Old Navy is the only place I would.  They're super-affordable.  Honestly, I have a few things I pre-bought that I never grew into, and they weren't cheap. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

And I have baby brain: do I mean deep-seated, or deep-seeded?  Right now, both look right and wrong.  Let's read that as "strong" in case I have just embarrassed myself. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

GC, that's funny - I don't think I've ever seen it written out and now that you mention it, I'm not sure which it is either! "deep-seeded" makes the most sense to me.

I totally have early baby brain. Last week, DH and I were at Whole Foods and I totally followed the wrong guy out to his car thinking it was DH. We got to this purple sedan and I was like, "that's not our...oh...you're not my  husband...sorry." LOL. And the guy goes, "oh its Ok, it happens."

Nope. Pretty sure that does NOT happen to most people. :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

LLLE - Can't believe I forgot to congratulate you!!!  Glad to hear you're feeling well.

GC you crack me up!
    "I'm still at work, still wearing heels (flats are for quitters!!!)"
    One of my co-workers actually got some nasty comments about wearing heels when she was far into the pregnancy.  Why the heck would anyone care what shoes she was wearing??
    P.S. I had no idea you were up to 39 weeks!!  Makes sense seeing as you were 36... then 37...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

People are awfully interested in my footwear, now that you mention it.  Honestly, the flips I was wearing were starting to make my arches sore, so I switched it up, plus I had a big meeting for which I wanted to seem tall. 

It's the little, foolish things that make me feel like I am still me, and not just a vessel waiting to go into labor. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

GC, you're my hero.  how is it that your feet even FIT into heels?  !!!  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Silver - thank you as you just made me snort lemonade out of my nose!!!  That story is beyond funny!

GC - also very funny about deep-seeded (and I also think deep-seeded, as you can plant seeds very far down, but not sure how far down into a chair you can really sit).  Isn't it hilarious when you need to write something that is kinda common slang... and you realize you have no idea.  I thought "for all intents and purposes" was "for all intensive purposes" forever.  Which if you think about it, makes no sense whatsoever.  What the heck is an intensive purpose?  Kinda like singing an 80s hair band song... who knows what they were really saying!

My brain is SHUT OFF... time to go home now?

GC - thanks for the info about the class at PHCA - I'm calling and hope to get something scheduled.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

As for shoes... I was a 5 1/2 and now a 6 1/2 is tight most days.  My heals have been on the shelf looking pretty for a while!  :-(  I do miss them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

I was talking to my sister the other day when she said that something didn't "pass mustard."  She is always good for stuff like that -- usually she mishears song lyrics and all of a sudeen you're like, wait, what?  WHAT did you think they were saying? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Sorry, the teacher in me couldn't resist re: deep-seated...

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/001815.html

And, I will add that I am totally lyric-deaf, too, and will make up the most random things in attempt to sing along. :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Hi ladies, 37 weeks here.  Running a 5k today!  

Anyway, in regard to a few things, the flu shot can't be given to a baby less than 6 months old which is why they want the moms and all people living in that house to get it prior to the baby's birth.  CVS has them out now and I got mine last week and my daughter got hers yesterday.  My husband will get his sometime in the next 2 weeks or so.  For the mom, they say that it's better to get it before you deliver so you can give those antibodies to the baby.

Also, for anyone else who is planning on nursing and is anywhere near the south shore, South Shore Hospital runs a FREE lactation clinic every day M-F from 1-2 on the second floor with lactation consultants available.  It's great to meet other moms and to get any nursing questions answered for FREE!!!  Also they have a nursing boutique and carry many common nursing bras/tanks/accessories.  It's the greatest!

Anyway, glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well!

Sections
Shortcuts