September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: September Updates

For those of you worried about rings - when my fingers got to swollen to comfortably wear/remove my rings, I wore them on a chain around my neck. That way I felt like I wasn't "naked" but I didn't have to worry about my finger falling off from lack of circulation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Yay Fram!!  I have a daughter and they are super fun to shop for!

Pugs, Good luck today!

Half - Congrats and welcome!

Silver - I don;t think the nervousness goes away, its really natural (in my opinion) but I am sure everything is going great

Re Ring: I never took mine off due to swelling but I also only wear them when I am out of the house.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Fram -- congrats!  What fun to know.  I'm thinking girl for us too, as this Bean is testing mommy's patience and keeping everyone waiting.  

Rings -- still wearing mine.  I had my swollen days, but I found it very much diet-related and manageable.  Everyone's different.  

Silver -- you're nervous b/c you're a mom.  It gets different, but it doesn't go away ... well, at least it hasn't for me.  

AFM, still waiting.  Induction is scheduled for Thursday if I don't go on my own, and I seem to have caught a cold.  Am seriously getting grumpy at this point.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Fram - Congratulations on the U/S and baby girl! I know you will raise a smart and saavy woman!

Rings - I think they came off early 3rd trimester, like Amy Lynn. Also like Amy Lynn, I wore my ring on a chain around my neck.

GC - I am thinking of you all the time wondering when we will receive the magic post from you. Wishing you good labor and delivery vibes!

IPW - I confirmed today that you do not have to deliver at Anna Jaques Hospital to go to the Breast Feeding Support Group on Tuesday's at 10 AM. I also met 3-4 women there who are very cool and nice and are joining the Greater Newburyport Mother's Club playgroup for infants born between July and December of this year - so it will not be as scary as I first thought NMC would be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck GC!
    You will be induced and I will find out section or not on Thursday!
    I am getting grumpy too!
    I got the flu shot yesterday and it always makes me feel like cr*ap.

I am still wearing my rings too.  Sometimes I get super bloated in my hands and other times I am fine.  I think when my finger turns purple I will have to act. ha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank you all SO MUCH for the warm wishes.  I'm having a bad day and they really cheered me up.  (And thank you for the compliment ml!!!)

GC - My OB really wasn't kidding when she said a lot of women get induced for their first child!  Wishing you all the best!  (And hey maybe you won't even get induced.)

Pugs - Good luck today! 

Ajuly - Of course I already bought a dress!

IPW - At first I thought I might pay to go to that private place and get better "photos", but now I think it will be nice to be surprised by what the baby looks like at birth!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thursday is a big day for this board!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Question about intense hunger...does it go away in the 2nd tri like the m/s does??  I am kinda sick of being ravenous and needing to eat all day long, and then by 5pm I need dinner RIGHT.THIS.MINUTE.  Snacks won't do, I need a real meal stat.   I am going to dinner tonight with friends at the "normal" dinner time and I know I'll have to have a meal before I go.  Please, Please tell me this goes away.  I feel like a crazy lady that will do anything for some food!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i forget who the OP was on the rings/swollen fingers, but i'll be the voice of dissent to say my rings came off seriously around 16 weeks - so you're not alone!  now my bracelets and watch barely fit either.  waah!  :(  i guess some poeple seriously PUFF UP and others don't - it's so odd how differently we react!

re: intense hunger, it's probably different for everyone (like everything!) but for me it chilled out during the 2nd and 3rd, but i still have my moments of raiding the fridge at 11PM.  eat that second meal - your body is telling you that you need it!  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, I have found in the last week or so that I'm not hungry - EVER. I feel full and bloated all the time instead. I'm only a week ahead of you, but maybe its an end-of-the-first-trimester thing and you'll be less ravenous soon?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

IPW - I agree, it's very surreal to have you ladies who were just ahead of me - telling me to hang in there during the first trimester -  either having your babies or just about to!  then when I think about myself being at 37 weeks... yikes.  It does amaze me how quickly time goes, especially thinking about how that first trimester really seemed to drag on and on!

GC - good luck on Thursday (and possibly even before, if the bean decides to descend on his or her own)!  Soon the waiting will be over.  Hoping everything goes very smoothly and quickly for you.

ajuly - My hunger waned during the second trimester, but is now back in full force for the third.  I cannot get enough to eat, yet my stomach is all squashed up near my ribs, so I can't fit very much in there.  And yet, I still feel the urge to eat constantly!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I'm still hungry all the time...  i can't quite eat as much though but give me an hour and i'll go finish.  haha!  i've gotten used to packing a bigger lunch so i dont raid the vending machine.. it stinks and I hope it's not like this after the baby! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Fram!!

GC - thinking of you and wishing you luck!  I was induced and had a csection but my sil was induced and did not! 

Silver - good luck Thurs. and don't worry your fears are rational! 

Pugs - can't wait to find out what you are having!

I never was really ravenous during my pregnancy but the last few weeks I craved sweets like you wouldn't believe. 

I took my rings off when I got poison ivy on my hands and never put them back on.  That was some time in my second trimester.

So excited that the LO only woke to eat last night then went right back to sleep resulting in some great awake time today!!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Ajuly - My nausea and extreme exhaustion pretty much went away at 10 weeks.  I'd say a couple weks after that, I didn't feel so hungry all the time.  I still like to eat a nice big meal at lunch and dinner, but I don't feel absolutely awful if I have to wait a little to eat.

Are these round ligament pains - When I go from standing to sitting it hurts across my lower abdomen (like from one hip bone to the other).  Not an intense pain, but makes me sit down slowly like a little old lady.

That reminds me, we stopped by to tell DH's grandmother yesterday and she said, "I didn't want to know!!"  He felt so bad, but really she was bound to find out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

So, my brother (who's girlfriend is pregnant) found out today they are having a girl. She really felt she was having a boy. And Fram thought she was having a boy. So I wonder if this means I'm having a boy b/c I feel so sure it's a girl!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Well ladies, I was convinced that we were having a boy, and I was totally wrong!  IT'S A GIRL!  Both the tech and the doctor checked and the doctor assured us that it is 100% a girl.  I would have been perfectly happy with either, but I'm psyched!  DH really wanted a girl, and he nearly hit the ceiling when they told us.

I also noticed this time that it was difficult to get really clear pictures.  However it was amazing how you could see every bone, every organ clear as day on the screen as they did the ultrasound.  At one point the baby moved her head so you could see the face close up...I hate to say it but it looked like something out of a horror movie!  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats Pugs!!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats Pugs!  I was 100% sure I was having a boy and am having a girl.  We don't know jack! :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good glad to know this extreme hunger should subside. At least I know the baby is well fed to this point! 

Congrats Pugs!! Another girl!! wow! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, Pugs!!

Oh man, I'm totally having a boy then, aren't I?? lol...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

It's ok Silver.. you can be on the boy train with me if that is the case.

So happy for you Pugs - you and Fram both due the same time, both girls!  crazy!!  congrats!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Pugs!! 
    I loved it when you could see the ribs.  As weird as that sounds, it was something I could identify!  Yay both girls - I can't wait to see when we each end up giving birth!

OK, this is definitely round ligament pain.  It hasn't hurt much, so I thought maybe it wasn't that yet, but I'm sure it only gets worse uggg.

Excerpt from babycenter.com:
    "You may feel round ligament pain as a short jabbing sensation if you suddenly change position, such as when you're getting out of bed or out of a chair or when you cough, roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub. You may feel it as a dull ache after a particularly active day — when you've been walking a lot or doing some other physical activity...

You may feel the pain starting from deep inside your groin, moving upward and outward on either side to the top of your hips. The pain is internal, but if you were to trace it on your skin, it would follow the bikini line on a very high-cut bathing suit."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Pugs, congrats on the girl!  I'm actually excited for some girls on this board.  It seems like everyone I know is having boys (me included!).  We need some potential mates for our little men :-)  And for Silver and others waiting to find out... sometimes intuition can be correct.  When I got my BFP... around week 5 I bought a tiny stuffed frog for the baby (nothing else until week 20 it seems).  But the frog is blue and for some reason I just thought the whole time it was a boy.  When we were doing the 20 week u/s, and she panned down to the stomach... right away I was like "yup... there he is!  All boy"  I know its 50/50... but it was still neat to be right :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Pugs, that's awesome!  I know that you were hoping for a girl, so congratulations!  You all are making me antsy to know... but I am holding out! :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congratulations Pugs!  As much as I am enjoying not knowing what I'm having, I also enjoy hearing all of your great news when you all find out!!

And I can safely say I'm 100% certain I'm having a boy... or a girl.  :p