September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: September Updates

Luv- I don't know if you've seen other posts about breech babies, but consider asking your OB about an "external versioning" if your LO doesn't flip, and you feel really strongly about avoiding a C-section. I had one, and it worked. (it doesn't work for everyone, and especially for first time moms, the success rate is about 1/3.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Fram - I said the same thing to my husband last night.. why am i so winded.. all i did was carry the laundry up the stairs...  it was crazy!  I have been walking and doing some light weights and starting yoga tonight but yes, winded I am!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Thanks, Amy...she did mention that as something that we wouldn't try until 37 weeks.  I'm hoping the acupuncture and some dips in the pool will get him or her to flip before then. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram and Oct - YES, I started getting winded practically before I even started showing!  I think it has to do with how hard your body is working to pump the extra 50% of blood you now have running through your veins.  It's embarassing when you walk down a flat sidewalk and can't talk by the time you get to the end!

IPW - My OB did check my cervix, but it didn't hurt at all... I'm wondering if there is a different kind of "check" that's more involved, with instruments and such (he just used his hand) that might hurt more?  I also have an OB who's been practicing for more than 30 years and so I think he does things his own way...  Glad to hear you're "measuring fine", LOL, and I'll hope for your hips' sake that the doc is a bit over in the birthweight estimate... :)  But I'm sure you'll be fine!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OK, well I'm totally psyched b/c Matt Damon is on 30 Rock tonight.

As if that weren't enough, we got to see our little nugget!! Turns out, I do in fact have a tilted uterus so the doc was having trouble getting the heartbeat on the doppler. He did say he heard it for a tiny second, but of course that wasn't going to be enough for me...so I asked for the ultrasound (pretty proud of myself b/c I almost chickened out) and he said, "of course." So we did that 30 minutes later and the little thing was bouncing all over! It was incredible. Still a healthy heartbeat - 157 - although she had a lot of trouble getting it b/c s/he wouldn't sit still! Also the baby was facing us which was really cool so we could see arms, legs, belly, heart, head...fingers! Can you tell I'm excited?

OK, back to Matt. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OH, and I'm really glad I weighed my boots. Totally dodged a 3lb bullet there! And was glad to find out I actually lost one! I don't feel like such a 1st trimester failure now. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

YAY for being brave enough to ask for the ultrasound and double YAY for an active, healthy baby!  So exciting!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe my thread will get buried, and it will be too late to take advantage of the deal by the time you see it so here it is:

Groupon 50% off Belly Dance Maternity coupon today only

Good luck with everything - wishing all you ladies the best!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: September Updates:
    [QUOTE]OK, well I'm totally psyched b/c Matt Damon is on 30 Rock tonight.
    Posted by SilverFestiva[/QUOTE]
    It was a very frustrating episode. Who wouldn't want to move to the next level with Matt Damon?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Yay, a healthy Baby Silver!!!

Good job speaking up and asking for the ultrasound.  You'll find that as you get further along in your pregnancy that comes very easily.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Can I just add that I LOVE Matt Damon?  Forgot to add that to my earlier post.  Pathetically, I was fast asleep on the couch when 30 Rock came on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I went to High School with Matt Damon.  Well I was a year behind him and a year ahead of Ben Affleck.  Kind of like sandwiched in between them.  :)

Not that I'm pregnant or TTC, but who doesn't love Matt Damon??? Sorry to hijack.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

He is delicious. So is Mark Wahlberg. The Departed was like the greatest movie ever for both of those reasons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

30 Rock was good last night, he is funny on there.  AM, don't feel bad I fell asleep about 2 mins into The Office.

Silver congrats on a good appt and speaking up for yourself!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats Silver, it's nice that you can get a u/s right at the office. I have to to make an appt. and go the hospital if I need one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

thanks, all! I finally feel relaxed. Told some "key" people today and that was fun.

ajuly, Normally the u/s is right in the same office, but we did have to go to the hospital this time (it was evening, so I think all the techs in the office were gone)...but it is only the next building over.

I love Melrose/Wakefield so far, especially because if I go into labor in April at home and DH is golfing, I can just start walking and he can scoop me along the way. ;-) very convenient. ahha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats Silver!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Ladies (especially Poppy), I think I have found the cure for the "fire nipples."  (Okay, so I am picking up from our conversation a couple of weeks ago in August Updates.)  I hit the recent sidewalk sale at Marathon Sports, and picked up a Champion Friction Free Running Seamless Sports Bra.  OMG!  I haven't been able to go 2.5 miles without getting the burny-burn... until now!  I went over 5 miles this morning without a care in the world-- it was WONDERFUL!   I just thought I would share in case it's helpful to anyone else.  Hope all is well!   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Glad everything looked good, Silver.

Glad your nipples aren't burning, MBG.

I went for an ultrasound this morning due to the spotting on Wednesday.  They said everything looks fine and I am free to exercise or do whatever I want.  Since Wednesday, I have only seen VERY faint brown spots, so that is good.  I'd feel better if I saw nothing though!
    I had to speak up at the doctor's office too.  The tech originally told me the OB would see me too, but then she told me I was all set and could go.  I said, Actually I have some questions so I'd like to talk to someone before I go.  Sheesh!  After that you need more than a tech telling you your cervix looks fine!
    I've been really stressed about work for 2 weeks or more and I was all worked up about family stuff this week, so I'm hoping that's all that caused the spotting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Fram, good to know you are in the clear! I hate when people rush you out and don't ask if you have any other questions!  Did the dr. tell you stress could cause spotting?  I'm sure it can, stress can do weird, weird things to us!   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Hi Ladies!  

It's a girl bean!  DD was born early Friday morning (like wee hours early) and weighed in at 8.5lbs.  We're over the moon -- she's indescribably cute, and I can get a doctor's note to back that up if need be.  

I wish I'd known Matt Damon was on 30 Rock -- that might have helped with labor.  

At some point I'll rally and post my birth story, but the high-level overview is: was induced late morning, labored naturally until about 7pm and got to about 3cm.  Asked for an epi, and things actually picked up.  I napped on and off starting around 8pm, started dilating more and more, and my water broke on its own at around 9:30pm.  I had a VERY good epi experience -- excellent pain control but I still had almost full mobility in my legs.  I couldn't have walked to the bathroom, but I could turn in bed, move my legs, lift myself up when asked.  

Things picked up after my water broke, but I was able to rest and cat-nap (watching DH change a diaper right now -- so cute) until about 1:30a when they told me I was "almost there."  The nurse said if I wanted to start pushing I could, but I chose to wait until I hit the full 10cm.  Started pushing at around 2am and DD joined us ninety minutes later.  The cord was actually wrapped around her neck, but I honestly wouldn't have known -- my OB took care of that in a flash and they popped her right on my chest and we got to hang out for a while and commiserate about what a rough ninety minutes we'd both just had, and later she even latched on and ate for a while.  

When I gather my thoughts and get a second (ha) I'll try to post more of a "tips" thread, but for right now -- it's a girl, and she's perfect.  We're so happy.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Congrats, GC!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Congrats, GC!  Glad to hear that everything went well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats GC!  I'm so glad to hear that everyone went well and you and your new baby girl are doing great!  Can't wait to hear more details!  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Congrats GC! I bet she is adorable! Glad you had a good labor experience too.