September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: September Updates

Congrats to you, your DH, and your lovely new daughter!  I'm so happy everything worked out so well with the induction.  I purposely logged on today just to see if perhaps you had posted!

MBG - thank you for your post!  I may go out and buy one of those today!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations GC!
    Can't wait to hear what other fun stuff you have to share :o)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

GC, CONGRATULATIONS!  So happy for you! :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congratulations GC!! So glad to hear all went well with your birth!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Congrats on your new baby girl GC!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

GC, I've been checking in over the last few days just to see if you had checked in. Congratulations on your happy labor and delivery (and Epi) - and most especially your baby girl.

Somehow, I thought you knew in advance you were having a boy...this is a delightful surprise!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats GC!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats GC!  That is great news!   I hope everything is going well for you at home!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

So... that means IPW and Lost Grouse are on deck!  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

haha IPW that's awesome - not the people being annoying, or the pain you're in - but the hubby refraining from drinking in case the baby was on the way. :-)

I bought a little sleep sack this weekend, for fun b/c it was only $6 at TJ Maxx. I showed it to DH and he goes, "well, isn't that a little big? I mean, isn't the baby going to be teeny tiny?" lol...I am really enjoying watching him go through this journey. He has zero baby experience ever. Another gem: "You know, judging by the size of the baby on the ultrasound, I really feel like you should be showing by now." hahaaa. I love him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

IPW - What is your due date?  Hmmm guess I could go find the due date thread!

Silver - I stopped at Target this weekend for some baby stuff.  I got some neutral stuff (yay duckies!) because I'm sure people will get plenty of cute, frilly, pink stuff.  I ended up getting only one newborn outfit and two 0-3 months.  Seeing as the newborn stuff only goes up to 8 lbs, it doesn't seem like it would fit for long!

Ajuly - I didn't think to ask if it could be caused by stress until after I left, so I'll have to ask tomorrow.

AFM, I think I picked out the crib bedding!  I wasn't going to buy anything yet, but the more I look at it online the more I want it now!!  It's yellow and blue.  I want to do yellow, but the carpet is blue, so this will be perfect!
    My younger brother's wife announced she is pregnant last week.  At first I felt a little thrown off... like they were stealing my thunder (I know, totally selfish!).  But now I'm having so much fun emailing with her about everything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Ha, too funny  Fram I got duckies, too. :-) Good point about newborn clothes only going up to 8lbs...I'm positive my baby will be at the very least 8lbs (only going by family history on both sides) so I should probably steer clear of those.

We think we pickced out crib bedding also, I wanted to do elephants but couldn't find anything that wasnt pink or blue or green, so I found a jungle-themed that is heavy on the elephants and goes w/ yellow walls.
    Also, I think I am back to not finding out. Not 100% yet...but pretty sure. :-D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Hi everyone.  Silver and Fram - buying the clothes is fun but just as a warning.  We got an absolutely obscene amount of clothing through showers and through my patients.  Everyone has been so very generous.

IPW - I am super uncomfortable too only at 37 weeks.  Ugh!  I hope you get some mercy and go a little earlier. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

IPW - I hope your predictions are wrong and you go right on time!  I will be sending lots of good vibes your way right around Oct. 4.  I understand your grouchiness - it's been creeping up on me, too.  I just find I have less and less patience everyday for... well, for everything.  This morning I was like a Tasmanian devil trying to get ready for work, angry because I kept dropping things, and my husband was backed into the corner of the kitchen, "I'm scared of you..."

Speaking of people backing away, has anyone else had the experience of people actually physically backing up when you tell them you're due in anything less than a month?  Especially now when I say "two weeks" I feel like people suddenly panic that I'm going to break my water all over them right that moment.  It's kind of funny and kind of annoying (depending on my mood).

Fram - where did you end up buying your bedding?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poppy - That is hilarious (somewhat)!  Do they think you are going to have a contraction and twist their arm off??
    I didn't order the bedding yet.  I did a yahoo search for "crib bedding yellow" and finally saw a set that I loved!  I'm always a little weary of ordering from a completely random website, but what can ya do.

IPW - People keep saying my baby is going to be huge because DH is 6'3" with a big build, but the doctor said it isn't that simple.  The baby has my genes too so it could be a peanut.  Her words!  And I choose to believe them for at least another 11 weeks!!  At which point they will probably tell me, Wow your baby already weighs 7 lbs LOL

Luck (and IPW) - You are definitely right!  I don't plan to buy much clothing.  I thought I'd just indulge myself this once (or maybe twice) now that I know it's a girl.
    That reminds me, I stopped into a boutique near my house a couple weeks ago and they had baby outfits for $75, $55, $35 - insane!!  Glad I only went to browse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

So exciting reading the posts of those of you who are nearing the end. Good thoughts all around!! 

Silver- the $6 sleep sack is a good purchase. My friend just gave me her baby list and she said that she has like 5 swaddlers (kidopotomus brand) because you may have to change them during the night, even twice!   Oh boy I can't wait to buy stuff and will have to restrain myself in Marshalls and TJs! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Something to think about regarding clothing. When I had my shower it was in June and I wasn't due until September and I got a ton of stuff but when I was putting it away (after it was all washed) I realized that I had a lot of short sleeve clothes that were for the winter months.  People are so generous and are always thinking ahead regarding size but I don't think they consider what month the outfit might be worn in!  So when you get your clothes think about what month of the year it will be. If 6 months for you is July you may not need long sleeve clothes!  And unlike me don't cut the tags and wash them so you can exchange or return them. 

I ended up having to send my mom out for some long sleeve outfits and pants because we didn't have any and it was cold early in September!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

IPW, I'm sending delivery vibes your way. I'm sorry you feel so uncomfortable. It totally stinks because your heart and your head are so excited, and your body is just not cooperating...

LIL - I found week 37 really hard and unbearable, but then came around for week 38 and part of 39, but that's a whole other story!

FWIW approximately 4 people (2 mom's, a grandmother and one of my midwives) told me to go to Riverview Restaurant on Estes Street for pizza if I wanted to go into labor. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

IPW, Poppy - Pizza at Riverview????  :)  I would be happy to deliver now and not add another 5 lbs of weight from fluid.  I officially have puffy circus lady feet.  It is not pretty.   Everyone is so sweet saying I look good, haven't gained anything but belly..... Little do they know what lurks under my dress pants.   I know!  I am grateful the weather is getting a little colder so I don't have to do shorts anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Another suggestion about clothing for baby.  I washed and removed tags from VERY little.  After the baby was born and we knew what size we would need I had my mom and MIL do some of this for me.  We came home to everything all set.  If you get gift receipts save them too!  I found I had more small size clothes that I would ever need (unless you never do laundry) so a lot of it was exchanged for larger sizes, season appropriate stuff, or returned for gift cards/credit to use later.

On another note...I don't think we have heard from Stefani2 lately.  I wonder if she went early? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I know that everyone likes to buy clothes for showers and other gifts, but I am hoping I don't get any!! My SIL has TONS of handme downs and she shopped at quality stores like gymboree and baby gap, so they'll still look nice.  I hope when we do register and someone asks what we really want they'll buy the bouncy seat instead of cute outfits.  I know it's wishful thinking, but hope we get what we really need!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

We had our shower last week, and I was surprised not to get more clothes...I wonder if because we don't know the gender, people stayed away from buying clothes.  Got some great stuff, though, and am excited now to have it back at the house and start to feeling like this baby will really be here soon. 

Anyone have any experience with lower amniotic fluid levels?  Went for an ultrasound today (34 weeks, b/c of being on a low dose BP med) and baby's measuring around 4 lbs, but amniotic fluid was "on the low side of normal".   I'm focusing on the normal part, but interested in what anyone might know about increasing those levels, aside from being vigilent about hydration.  I have my OB app't on Friday, but the radiologist said he's recommending another ultrasound in 2-3 weeks to check and make sure the levels are either the same or higher. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

LLLE - I was going to say the same thing.  I went through all the clothing we've received and was doing some math in my head, realizing that we had received a bunch of fleece clothing that will probably fit in July.  So I'm only washing ahead of time the clothes that I feel will probably get used right away, or stuff that I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use down the line (may as well wash it now). 

LIL - I'm open for that pizza!  Am about to hit week 38 and am getting increasingly grouchy and uncomfortable.  Even a month ago I was thinking, "Oh, I love being pg and am going to be kind of sad when it's over" - not anymore.  Now I just want to meet the little bean and would rather be holding his or her squirmy body in my arms than having it squirming around my bladder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: September Updates:
    [QUOTE]LIL - I'll meet you guys there!  I'm up for any labor inducing foods!  My friend told me she had a margarita and kung pao chicken and 6 hours later she was in labor.  So I'm up for that too :-) 
    Posted by IPWBride[/QUOTE]

Ooh, we can have margaritas?!  I'm SO doing that!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ajuly, why register for clothes if you don't want any?  I suppose you can return them all and put the money toward things you do want, but what a hassle.  ??

Sections
Shortcuts